[FM21] Media Overhaul v0.4 *Updated 12/11/20*

3 minutes ago, adesmir said:

by any chance do you have a list of swiss media / journalists and bookmakers added to that file?

i would like to double check and if need offer help with feedback on your data. 

Oh, thank you!

I don't, unfortunately. The editor doesn't allow you to sort/filter by competitions or nations covered, or anything like that. That's what makes it so hard, to know how to cover all the nations and represent. They also don't link the media to their journalists, so you can't see what journalists they're employing.

What would be best is to give me a list of swiss media / journalists and bookmakers you have, and I'll make sure they're all in and added.

I'll message you..

Edited by majesticeternity

On 2020. 11. 24. at 오후 11시 38분, Jake Choi said:

저희 개발팀에서 크래시가 발생하는 지점과 그 원인을 찾을 수 있었습니다. 선수 이름을 한글화하는 패치를 비롯한 에디터 파일을 수정하는 커스텀 패치가 충돌의 주요 원인 중 하나로 확인되었습니다. 현재는 그 원인에 대한 솔루션을 찾기 위해 개발팀에서 조사 중에 있습니다. 추후 업데이트 되는 내용이 있으면 다시 알려드릴 수 있도록 하겠습니다. 이용에 불편을 끼쳐드린 점 널리 양해 부탁드립니다.

*문제의 원인을 확인하는데 많은 도움을 주신 @gorani님께 감사의 인사를 드립니다!  

Hi MC - nice work here. 

I actually started making something similar yesterday but mainly focussing on the UK media as i hadn't really seen any files where it had been done properly.

Have you found that setting a favourite team works in terms of having that journalist attend press conferences for that team rather than just report favourably on them? In terms of realism, most major outlets IRL have specific journalists for the big teams who won't report on any others. To replicate this in the game my idea was that you'd need to have multiple versions of the same media source but with each having coverage set only to that relevant team and then the journalist assigned to that version of the media source.

43 minutes ago, rich)) said:

Hi MC - nice work here. 

I actually started making something similar yesterday but mainly focussing on the UK media as i hadn't really seen any files where it had been done properly.

Have you found that setting a favourite team works in terms of having that journalist attend press conferences for that team rather than just report favourably on them? In terms of realism, most major outlets IRL have specific journalists for the big teams who won't report on any others. To replicate this in the game my idea was that you'd need to have multiple versions of the same media source but with each having coverage set only to that relevant team and then the journalist assigned to that version of the media source.

I haven't tested that specific thing yet, but hopefully it's found to be true. It would be far more work to duplicate & customize the media sources, along with assigning the journalist to them.

1 hour ago, Arvid04 said:

@majesticeternity, too bad. You would be the expert for this detail in FM. Your picture shows what it should look like.

Question: Is it possible to insert images for the black silouettes?  At the moment I see that. - I would like to see faces.

I believe it is. Do you know how to add faces to players? It would be the same idea, but you'd have to find the journalist's IDs, along with an online image. PM me if you need help.

12 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I have used the sortitoutsi media and bookmakers file for years now, I imagine this file is even more in depth vs that one?

Yes, it's much more. As you can see above. Check the spoiler, It combines sortitoutsi's file with 20 other files, then on top of that I added about 200 more journalists and 520 more media(with Swiss update coming), and 80 more bookmakers.

And then reworked many things as you see above in the description, updated many things, removed alot of errors. Sortitoutsi's file was made a long time ago, so it's very old and outdated, from what I could tell. Also, many scopes were wrong. Many journalists added for any of the files had default personalities all the same...and so on and so on....

• majesticeternity changed the title to [FM21] Media Overhaul v0.3 *Updated 12/2/20*
  • majesticeternity changed the title to [FM21] Media Overhaul v0.4 *Updated 12/11/20*
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, going throu your file I noticed that:
- 2000066903 - Das Erste & 2000071356 ARD: These are one and the same in Germany we call ARD, Das Erste and vise versa. But have them as TV and Website is correct. Maybe Social Media too because of Twitter. ;)
- Same with 2000066918 Westdeutscher Rundfunk & 2000071381 WDR
- Same with 2000066912 Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk & 2000071368 MDR
- Same with 2000066910 Bayrischer Rundfunk & 2000071369 BR
- Same with Norddeutscher Rundfunk and NDR - These are all the same TV, Web and Radio.

BILD München, BILD Dortmund ect. Makes no sense since it's one and the same. Available in all of Germany.
BILD: Every day in the morning
BILD am Sonntag: Always on Sunday
Sport Bild: Every Wednesday 

• 3 weeks later...

@majesticeternity, I will look at Scotland for you. I see the editor accepts things like podcasts and fanzines, which is great given that in real life, fan based movements are starting to gain access to press conferences etc. Is it okay to include fan based media in the spreadsheet I send over? I can get at least one for every major Scottish club plus several for Celtic and Rangers. 

I will try to cover as many mainstream/established sources as I can from Scotland. If anyone reading is a follower of Scottish Football then please feel free to PM me to make sure I have ones you know of covered. 

Can a journalist have more than one employer?

Has anyone added English sources? @rich)) if you have Scotland covered would I be duplicating work? Also, if you are working on England I won't touch it as you probably have more of an insight.

If not, I can probably get the mainstream national sources for England but wouldn't have a good enough knowledge base to get local papers etc. 

Thanks

*Already up to 120 journalists and potentially 80 sources to be added for Scotland. Still working on details within the excel template and cross referencing editor. 

Edited by joe5p

6 hours ago, joe5p said:

@majesticeternity, I will look at Scotland for you. I see the editor accepts things like podcasts and fanzines, which is great given that in real life, fan based movements are starting to gain access to press conferences etc. Is it okay to include fan based media in the spreadsheet I send over? I can get at least one for every major Scottish club plus several for Celtic and Rangers. 

I will try to cover as many mainstream/established sources as I can from Scotland. If anyone reading is a follower of Scottish Football then please feel free to PM me to make sure I have ones you know of covered. 

Can a journalist have more than one employer?

Has anyone added English sources? @rich)) if you have Scotland covered would I be duplicating work? Also, if you are working on England I won't touch it as you probably have more of an insight.

If not, I can probably get the mainstream national sources for England but wouldn't have a good enough knowledge base to get local papers etc. 

Thanks

*Already up to 120 journalists and potentially 80 sources to be added for Scotland. Still working on details within the excel template and cross referencing editor. 

Yea, you can send over the info now, as 120 journalists and 80 sources should be plenty. 

Journalists can have more than one employer, by duplicating them. 

England has some, but you’d have to look at the file to know what’s there

15 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Yea, you can send over the info now, as 120 journalists and 80 sources should be plenty. 

Journalists can have more than one employer, by duplicating them. 

England has some, but you’d have to look at the file to know what’s there

Thanks @majesticeternity, I will stop Scotland and pull together as many as I can from England while cross referencing the database file. Is there scope for adding something like 'Freelance' or 'Associated Press' for the plethora of journalists who don't actually have an employer but do contribute to various sources? They could just show up as freelance in press conferences?

12 minutes ago, joe5p said:

Thanks @majesticeternity, I will stop Scotland and pull together as many as I can from England while cross referencing the database file. Is there scope for adding something like 'Freelance' or 'Associated Press' for the plethora of journalists who don't actually have an employer but do contribute to various sources? They could just show up as freelance in press conferences?

Unfortunately, not really. They would have to have an employer, or not show up, from what I know. 

22 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Unfortunately, not really. They would have to have an employer, or not show up, from what I know. 

Thanks, even if Freelance was treated as a source with a group of journalists linked up to it?

Where I don't know information e.g. Style of Writing, is it okay to leave blank, or is there a minimum level of detail you need?

Thanks 

17 minutes ago, joe5p said:

Thanks, even if Freelance was treated as a source with a group of journalists linked up to it?

Where I don't know information e.g. Style of Writing, is it okay to leave blank, or is there a minimum level of detail you need?

Thanks 

For journalists, you kind of need a style, otherwise it's best just to have a media source with no journalists.

For media, it's fine to leave blank.

4 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

For journalists, you kind of need a style, otherwise it's best just to have a media source with no journalists.

For media, it's fine to leave blank.

@majesticeternity , I have got right into this today, so will probably be a big return as I am doing Scotland and England. Will try my best to source as much real detail as I can. Might take a few weeks though. Is it better if I actually create it in the Editor, or just send the excel file. I have decent editor skills but would need to brush up. What do you think is best way? Send the file or create the FMF? Up to about 350 journalists now. 

Edited by joe5p

27 minutes ago, joe5p said:

@majesticeternity , I have got right into this today, so will probably be a big return as I am doing Scotland and England. Will try my best to source as much real detail as I can. Might take a few weeks though. Is it better if I actually create it in the Editor, or just send the excel file. I have decent editor skills but would need to brush up. What do you think is best way? Send the file or create the FMF? Up to about 350 journalists now. 

I’ll message you

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

to ...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\editor data

DB - Media Overhaul v0.4 - majesticeternity.fmf

Thanks for the work!

in my Case in the FM21 Game the Names of the Media and the names of the Reporter are fine.
but: no Logo for each Media is showing
+ no Picture of each Reporter

Result: only the Names are showing.

Thanks for help

maybe a Addon Pack with Logos/Pictures to download?

Edited by SpiderJu

Still working on an update for majestic, which will focus on Scotland and England. So far, I have added around 150 sources and around 100 of the 450 journalists/pundits/interviewers I am adding. If anyone has requests for England or Scotland (or in fact any other source not in the current version) then PM me and I will try to add them too. WIP below, can see Scottish Media at Hibs press conference and wider range of English (albeit many were already in file). The example shows Get Reading, the press local to Reading FC. Can do the same with enough detail for any other teams via PM.  As you can see, not all journalists are in yet, but they are coming. 

My contribution via this update is minor in comparison to majestic's wider work on this and is part of a community effort to get behind brilliant mods. 

Hibs Example.jpg

Get Reading.jpg

Edited by joe5p

Hi, i'm prestige087 from Argentine media pack. Thank you for mentioning me

I didn't realise my pack was included until yesterday when I opened this download with the editor to see how it was done, what configurations you had and compare.

I created a new version for FM21 with a lot of fixes, if it is useful for future packs. Link: https://www.fmsite.net/files/file/1098-fm21-medios-y-prensa-argentina/

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ThomasK said:

Is this compatible with the 21.4. database or only the original one from back in November when the file was created? Thanks

The file as is seems compatible with 21.4 as the file only adds journalists and sources to whatever is in the current database. I am testing the update for UK as I go and all seems well. However, busy at work so stalled a bit before I can send to majestic