FM21: Unia Janikowo - This Year Is Our Year

Rikulec

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2031 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

6QOBuh0.jpg

BEp189e.jpg

A decent enough start, even if we couldn't turn domination over Zagłębie Lubin into a more impressive scoreline. We were also reminded of the Kędziora days as we beat Lechia with three goals from penalties. :D

Superpuchar

BTCDkk2.jpg

They had a man sent off in the first half and that was the end of it. A consolation goal in injury time was all they could manage.

Champions League

gnzJ40p.jpg

Our second XI did the job, even if Budinsky had to come off the bench to save the day in the home leg.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Bitner said:

Kwiatkowski is some prospect

Cheers,
Bitner 

He seems to have gained proper recognition at the Euros, I've already rejected offers from PSG, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, and Leipzig.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2031 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

vz16GYS.jpg

EBeLyag.jpg

Six wins from six to kick off the campaign and a disappointing defeat at Legia. We've now built up a proper rivalry, I'd say.

Champions League

2DZXFu9.jpg

YES! We've reached the promised land and we've done it in style! Yes, there was a bit of luck involved - Strømsgodset eliminated Viitorul in the second round and Ferencváros knocked out Slavia Prague, giving us easier ties on paper than I had expected. It doesn't matter though, what matters is the result. Absolutely huge news for the club, we're also the first Polish side to make the Champions League group stage since 2016.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2031 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

gPPAWhb.jpg

tRToiHv.jpg

I'm not too happy with the number of goals conceded, but a perfect month is a perfect month.

Puchar Polski

vAxV3zI.jpg

A 4th tier side was no trouble for our second XI.

We're up against a I Liga team Stal Rzeszów in the next round.

Champions League

gIThm9b.jpg

5TVwKio.jpg

Oh boy, this is good! Chelsea were obviously a few levels above us in terms of quality and we were always going to lose at their place, but it turns out Real Sociedad were actually within reach - and we beat them! A fantastic performance in Spain leaves us in 2nd against all odds. Obviously, a double header against PSG is coming up and we're going to get smashed, but a possibility of dropping down to the Europa League has suddenly opened up.

KeYiTER.jpg

:eek:

This has to be one of the wildest games I've ever had on FM. A seven-goal thriller is always something to remember in any circumstances, but this time we somehow beat a ****ing world class team and it wasn't even a fluke - we stood up to the likes of Gvardiol, Tonali, Fati, or Vinicius Jr, and beat them deservedly. Coric is obviously the hero, a hat-trick against PSG should give him a special place in the hearts of the fans. It's a massive shame that we have to play in Bydgoszcz because our stadium is too small for European games, but still, this one surely goes down as a damn legendary European night.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2031 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Qjr5uSp.jpg

wMKsgxF.jpg

By our current standards this is a poor month. I did rotate the squad a bit, but that still doesn't explain it.

Puchar Polski

E5PJ8eM.jpg

The scoreline may not reflect it, but we did beat them comfortably.

GKS Katowice away up next.

Champions League

wqkhsTu.jpg

8dFsHKw.jpg

What an absolutely mad group stage this is shaping up to be. A trip to Paris awaits us in the next game and if we can avoid defeat, that should put us in a position to aim for the stars.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2031 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

rdEahSc.jpg

Q8H2uYW.jpg

A remarkably consistent month on one hand, on the other hand our finishing has been atrocious though.

Champions League

KoYC2MN.jpg

qgWF1ET.jpg

PSG got the better of us this time, but we pulled another massive result out of the bag, holding Chelsea to a draw. If PSG lose to the English at home and we beat Real Sociedad at our place, we go through against all odds.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2031 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

4o4gVzs.jpg

VndJrMH.jpg

Budinsky has been on fire this month, it wasn't enough to beat Lechia though. We're still in a good position at the break.

Puchar Polski

QENV00i.jpg

An easy win for the youngsters.

We also got the easiest possible tie in the quarter final - a 3rd tier team Wisła Puławy.

Champions League

bseHkNz.jpg

FuZ0NAs.jpg

We were comfortably 2:0 up after 85 minutes, but then we went on a wild ride that cost us around £1,6M in prize money. A win wouldn't have changed anything in terms of our future in Europe as PSG beat Chelsea in their final game, we drop down to the Europa League, which is much better than I had expected going into this group stage.

xoHH5xE.jpg

I'm not happy with this transfer, but he's been unhappy for almost a year now after I didn't sign another Romanian player to help him settle in (I had already secured Suflaru to join on 1st July, but that wasn't good enough) and I gave up hope that it would ever change. Lesson learned, I guess.

cDP2S5p.jpg

This one may look surprising to you. There are a few reasons why I decided to sell though: one, as the news item says, his contract was soon going to run out. Two, I felt he kept outperforming his attributes and I simply don't believe that such situations can keep going forever. Three, if you take all this into consideration, £2,1M is a decent fee and we've made a good profit. And four, I've already lined up a replacement. :cool:

gr2WPow.jpg

To put it into simple words: **** release clauses. :(

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - January 2032 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

TrG67xF.jpg

In the midst of all the transfer madness we also had some friendlies to play.

Edited by Rikulec

Il y a 8 heures, Rikulec a dit :

To put it into simple words: **** release clauses. :(

Far back when I used to play, I always slightly overpaid my best young players so I could get rid of release clauses. Is that something you could do?

I didn't mind paying them twice what they asked for.. 3k€/week is only 150k€/year. That's well worth it for no release clause.

3 hours ago, Toffle said:

Far back when I used to play, I always slightly overpaid my best young players so I could get rid of release clauses. Is that something you could do?

I didn't mind paying them twice what they asked for.. 3k€/week is only 150k€/year. That's well worth it for no release clause.

I'd happily do that if I could, but they always lock the clause right from the start of the negotiations. :(

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2032 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

efmY5cw.jpg

9Slwz3h.jpg

I'm a bit frustrated to have dropped points against Legia, especially after we dominated the game but failed to convert our chances.

Europa League

ThJkkmL.jpg

An absolutely sensational performance sees us through. We were incredibly clinical in the first leg and the second was merely a formality.

Transfers

bwWa4eX.jpg

With all the outgoings I knew I had to take action, so here we go.

Ondrej Penicka - much more rounded than Budinsky, I hope he can offer us more as well, especially in games where we have to break down tight defences.

Kamil Rogoziński - a versatile backup player who can cover a number of positions, very handy to have.

Dmitiry Lomako - brought in to replace Botea and, much like the Romanian, he'll have to be retrained to play on the left wing.

Tomas Sipek - for some reason he was transfer listed by Slavia. I was more than happy to snap him up right there and then, he's got everything we need from a midfielder.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2032 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

GgJxbv2.jpg

goujvAr.jpg

A surprising, yet deserved loss at Lech. We remain in a good position with a couple of games in hand.

Puchar Polski

nWLdV0z.jpg

I'm speechless. We shouldn't have let them take the game into extra time in the first place. Then we finally seemed to click and raced into a two goal lead, which we then gave away. Their three goals came from a striker who had only scored once for them all season before our clash. As soon as we conceded the equaliser in the 121st minute, I knew what was going to happen. Awful, embarrassing, etc.

Europa League

qkhMPBR.jpg

The first leg was yet another case of us allowing the opposition to equalise after going two goals up. Things went downhill from there really, the second leg wasn't as close as it would seem despite Skorłutowski's best efforts.

Youth Intake

kUNJfIJ.jpg

Not a bad intake, I hope some of these guys might make it to the Ekstraklasa level.

Jakub Warzycha

Kuba Olczak

Bartosz Szumski

1 hour ago, Bitner said:

Heartbroken in cups, but strolling again in the league. Domination incoming?

Cheers,
Bitner

We've reached the point where we have the best squad in the league and it's pretty much expected, yeah. Now it's all about finding the right players for the right positions to further strengthen the team and push forward in Europe.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2032 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Ie968xN.jpg

nYL2czX.jpg

We wrap up the title with two games to go. With 79 points we've also matched our highest points total to date and look on course to break the 80 points barrier for the first time. :cool:

JEZqsxF.jpg

8DiHqP1.jpg

acUWjqD.jpg

We're the first team to win the league for four years in a row since Górnik Zabrze between 1984 and 1988. The Silesian club also hold the record for the most league titles in a row, which is five. Do I need to say we're coming for them?

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2031/32 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Feb-May)

Competition Performance: Winners

A proper dominant season with no real blips along the way. We only fell three points short of matching the all-time record high, something we'll definitely be looking to topple in the future. Maybe even next season, who knows?

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Quarter Final

The path was remarkably easy, but we embarrassed ourselves against a third-tier outfit. Absolutely terrible.

Superpuchar

Competition Performance: Winners

A good performance and a deserved victory.

Champions League

Competition Performance: Group Stage

We reached the promised land for the first time in the club's history and we did far better than anyone could possibly expect. We had an outside chance of qualifying right until the end, but ultimately coming third was a great result.

Europa League

Competition Performance: Second Knockout Round

A sensational performance in the first tie followed by a rather disappointing one against the English.

Squad

We keep moving in the right direction. It's great to see academy graduates breaking through, even if only as backups for the time being.

Transfers - Finances

This time we spent more than we received, I feel it was necessary though. I think Morys is the pick of the bunch, the lad is developing like crazy and already attracting interest.

We're going to spend a good chunk of that money, but it still looks really good.

Player of the Season

1st - Adrian Skorłutowski - this season our right winger really turned up the volume. He contributed directly to 43 goals in all competitions and 30 in the league alone. At certain points he felt like a cheat player really.

2nd - Sasa Norac-Kevo - the Croatian who came through our own academy a few years ago has really grown into a key figure in our midfield, the one holding it all together. His average rating may not look that great, but trust me, he was the defensive player that really made everything work better around him.

3rd - Zdravko Coric - is it fine if I call him the Czech Riquelme? Our number 10 delivered some exquisite performances this season, especially in the Champions League - the fans are probably never going to forget the hat-trick against PSG or the goal that gave us the draw against Chelsea.

Next Season

I'd love to do an unbeaten season in the league, I think we can pull this off with the quality that's at our disposal.

7KwkMXx.jpg

Turns out the expansion is going to be bigger than originally planned. Sadly it's still not going to be big enough for Europe, and I'm afraid this might be the stadium's maximum capacity. Nevertheless, it's good to see it grow, my imagination is running wild trying to picture this. We'll be playing our home games some 50 kilometres from Janikowo, in Bydgoszcz, for the duration of the works.

HLP4IgG.jpg

P8TWAt2.jpg

Turns out Górnik Konin did actually get promoted! Słota Jr got off to a great start as well, scoring three goals in the first four games, but then for some reason he lost his place in the team and never really recovered from it. He did get some appearances off the bench, but unfortunately couldn't add to his goal tally and also picked up an injury that ruled him out for two months during the second half of the season. As for the club itself, they came really close to back to back promotions!

mB6dkg8.jpg

F0zOA5X.jpg

i32KjOA.jpg

Huge news for the country! We're going to have one more team in Europe from the next year. The league's reputation is also going up, I really hope other clubs can take advantage and bring in the calibre of players that can help them compete on the international stage.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2032/33 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Challenge for the title
Puchar Polski: Final
Superpuchar: Win it
Champions League: Third Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Win it.
Puchar Polski: Not important.
Superpuchar: Not important.
Champions League: Group stage, preferably.

Budgets:

Transfer: £10,139,157
Wage: £263,750 (currently spending £146,927)
Balance: £18,524,419

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2032/33 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

stH50Cy.jpg

Just the two friendlies as we didn't have time for more.

Transfers

wn1j6H7.jpg

Not spectacular so far, but I can tell you this is probably far from over.

Jakub Kowalczyk - unfortunately the coaches don't seem to be rating his potential too high, I think he's quite a decent player already though.

Mico Stankov - a replacement and, I dare say, an improvement on Skrzyński.

Filip Kuriata - the idea is to retrain him to right back and pretty much turn him into the next Góralczyk.

Filip Buras - probably one of the most exciting young players in Poland at the moment.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2032 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

4v75jf8.jpg

w1TLRmm.jpg

As good as it gets, though we did give away a two-goal lead against Śląsk and needed a late surge from Coric to rescue the three points.

Superpuchar

Hac2WwL.jpg

We fail to win it for the first time. :(

Champions League

Q4Hthhm.jpg

We made a bit of a mess in the first leg, but the second one was emphatic enough.

Things become exponentially more difficult in the next round as we've been given probably the toughest draw possible in the Swiss champions Basel.

Transfers

jewAdfF.jpg

Yup, another release clause. This is a decent sale though, the fee is certainly good.

39qMjIc.jpg

This, however, is the big one. I had an opportunity to sell him for the exact same amount of money on deadline day six months ago, but back then I decided against it. Now I think this is a good time to sell though. This is a record fee both for the league and, obviously, for the club. I think it really shows how far we've come, remember that Norac-Kevo is our own academy product!

And what about transfers in?

Kristian Romic - a very good young right back joins from Schalke for £3,8M.

Marian Kiss - an exciting midfielder who could become even better than Norac-Kevo if he develops well. We picked him up for a mere £950K from Trnava.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2032 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

hlCJb5p.jpg

55uqrS0.jpg

We drop four points in games that we really should have won. Especially the one against Cracovia was proper crazy: we raced into a three-goal lead inside the first quarter an hour, then we threw it away only to get back in front in the 86th minute and promptly concede again in the 90th. A few teams are enjoying very strong starts, which pushes us all the way down into 4th.

Champions League

srIx0Wp.jpg

While last year's qualifying campaign was relatively easy thanks to the luck of the draw, this one was a real test of our maturity. I'm proud to announce we passed it with flying colours: a strong defensive performance in Switzerland was followed by a ruthless one at home, and a narrow defeat in Austria was easily overturned with a dominant win in Bydgoszcz. That means we enter the group stage for the second time in a row!

Edited by Rikulec

jC1CJW5.jpg

Real Madrid are probably the best team in the world at the moment and Rennes also look to be out of our reach; they made the Champions League quarter finals last year. That means the aim is to finish above Shakhtar, which seems reasonable.

KOqaoEs.jpg

hRhvAlS.jpg

xfTpaCz.jpg

We made a ton of money in the final days of the transfer window, cashing in on some of our exceptionally talented youngsters. Rogalski has also narrowly beaten Norac-Kevo's record for the highest transfer fee received by our club. Of course I did react accordingly by bringing in a couple of players, I'm going to show them in the September update though since that's when they actually signed (which also means we couldn't register them for the Champions League, and that, at least in one case, is a huge blow). Together with the payout from UEFA and before the incoming transfers, those sales elevated our balance above the £50M mark!