Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2028/29 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Top half finish
Puchar Polski: Quarter Final
Europa Conference League: Fourth Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Win it.
Puchar Polski: Not important.
Europa Conference League: I'd like to reach the group stage again.

Budgets:

Transfer: £1,783,752
Wage: £47,438 (currently spending £32,126)
Balance: £4,991,979

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2028/29 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

Z77xqDr.jpg

Meh.

Transfers

i7RZxYn.jpg

We don't seem to have players attracting big money moves yet, which is a bit surprising to me considering the average age of our squad and the potential of some players, but okay.

Filip Michalski - the biggest transfer of this window, hopefully he'll solve our problems on the left wing for a few seasons.

Jaksa Pedisic - a decent player who's going to be retrained and act as a second option behind Michalski.

Sebastian Szymonowicz - my scouts and coaches don't seem to be rating his ability as highly as I am, but I firmly believe he can do the job as a starter for us despite being only 17.

Neven Banic - one for the future, although he's likely to get some minutes this season already.

Adrian Felsch and Piotr Listkowski have been promoted from the youth team.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2028 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

N16frOj.jpg

nkONkvN.jpg

Not a bad start, but we really should have beaten Widzew.

Europa Conference League

N1VP4on.jpg

They fell apart completely after a red card in the second half of the first leg, allowing us to get a massive win and then field a second XI at their place.

The next round will see us face a team I have some good memories with - KR of Iceland.

5 hours ago, Polski97 said:

Quick question; what way do you upload screenshots ? I know there are a few different ways to do it but I was just curious how you do it. 

Thanks ! 

I upload them to Imgur, then copy the image links and paste them here.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2028 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

S6h1l8k.jpg

CfIymqV.jpg

We're still unbeaten, but we struggle to get past the teams that park the bus.

Europa Conference League

6msSexD.jpg

A smashing month in Europe. We were always going to put a few past KR, but I was really surprised with how easy it turned out for us to beat Dnipro. I'm not complaining, of course! :D

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2028 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

eJepVXT.jpg

fREZkuF.jpg

These draws are really starting to get on my nerves.

Puchar Polski

aNtUDGc.jpg

It wasn't without trouble, but our second XI made it through.

The second round is most likely going to be as difficult as it gets as we'll travel to the winner of the match between a 4th tier side Chrobry and Legia.

Europa Conference League

vQIe1Sm.jpg

Vc402en.jpg

Maybe it's going to be more difficult than I expected.

7 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Just caught up, this is great man you have really brought the club a long way, notwithstanding the slight current dip in form.

Thanks mate!

5 hours ago, Toffle said:

Jynxin' it since FM20 :D

Since FM16 at least. :D

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2028 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

cwW5NMD.jpg

nrm5cI7.jpg

Finally, what a month! Not only did we go perfect with no goals conceded, but also Legia lost in two tough games against Zagłębie and Lech, allowing us to overtake them in the table. Let's just end the season now.

Puchar Polski

wPdqnlR.jpg

They outclassed us and deserved the win.

Europa Conference League

IVWBkjM.jpg

1I7H3Oy.jpg

It was a game we really needed three points from and we fell to a late equaliser. It's still open thanks to Hibernian beating Levadeiakos, but we have it all to do.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2028 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

9T5Hg1s.jpg

MFluYcA.jpg

Another fantastic month for us as we win three from three and Legia lose again, allowing us to extend our lead at the top to five points.

Europa Conference League

kOAkoy9.jpg

YLm34Db.jpg

We absolutely demolished BATE before escaping from Greece with what I can honestly describe as a lucky draw. At first glance we're in control, but in all likelihood we're going to have to beat Hibernian at home if we want to go through.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2028 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

FhHXsm1.jpg

tA3kXas.jpg

We had some unexpected trouble at Jagiellonia and only avoided defeat thanks to Pękala saving a penalty in the 89th minute. Other than that though, things are going really, really well - we've opened up an eight point gap going into the winter break!

Europa Conference League

VW35R8e.jpg

1aEN71y.jpg

And we made it! Hibernian looked nothing like the team that beat us in Scotland, probably because of having won the group already, but who cares? It was much more difficult than expected, but eventually we make it out of the group.

g5cBVY1.jpg

prl3FaH.jpg

I've been named the best manager in the country for the second year in a row...

cdJmkXt.jpg

NKtVztg.jpg

...but, perhaps even more interestingly, our star man won not only the award for the best player in the league, but also for the best Polish player of the year! That's an incredible achievement for someone who's not even in the national team, and that just proves what I pointed out a few posts above. What a year for Grabowski!

PiP0rj4.jpg

Turns out there's more information about him! That was probably the hardest decision I've had to make since the beginning of the save. Grabowski was brought in after the promotion to the Ekstraklasa and became the main architect of our rise to power, becoming a well deserved fan favourite. He was a great player to have, but if you looked at his attributes, you'd say he's not likely to be able to make a step up if we want to grow even further as a club. Moreover, it's an absolutely huge fee for a club of our size and we're probably not going to receive this kind of money for any player anytime soon. It also seems like the perfect moment to sell him, given his recent success and the reputation boost he must have received.

£4,6M for us, £40K per week for Grabowski. Could you really reject this?

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Dr10ld1.jpg

r6tT3VB.jpg

Our smashing form is suddenly gone. First we ended our unbeaten streak at the worst possible moment and then we also ended our unbelievable run of 56 games without defeat at home by losing to Wisła ****ing Płock. We need to wake up and we need to wake up now.

Europa Conference League

ABI5Xd1.jpg

By no means beautiful, by all means effective! A professional display against the Romanians sends us through to the next round, meaning we've matched our last season's achievement.

And just like last season, the run is likely to end there as we've been drawn against Villarreal.

Transfers

Matteo Dekovic - a temporary fix for the gap left by Grabowski's departure. This loan from Lazio will cost us £190K.

Kamil Fijarczyk - some amazing attributes already at 17 and we only paid Cracovia £70K for him!

Edited by Rikulec
Transfers

9 hours ago, Rikulec said:

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Dr10ld1.jpg

r6tT3VB.jpg

Our smashing form is suddenly gone. First we ended our unbeaten streak at the worst possible moment and then we also ended our unbelievable run of 56 games without defeat at home by losing to Wisła ****ing Płock. We need to wake up and we need to wake up now.

Europa Conference League

ABI5Xd1.jpg

By no means beautiful, by all means effective! A professional display against the Romanians sends us through to the next round, meaning we've matched our last season's achievement.

And just like last season, the run is likely to end there as we've been drawn against Villarreal.

Transfers

Matteo Dekovic - a temporary fix for the gap left by Grabowski's departure. This loan from Lazio will cost us £190K.

Kamil Fijarczyk - some amazing attributes already at 17 and we only paid Cracovia £70K for him!

oh no is the jinx coming back to haunt you again !

Binged through few threads in here, looking for inspiration for new save of mine after my HDD went dark on New Year's Day and i think i found it here.

Doing great so far. Step or two away from walking the league. You'll get it soon enough.

Also, on your son... I know you released him but have you thought about turning him into striker? He should do decently as third or fourth choice.

9 hours ago, Polski97 said:

oh no is the jinx coming back to haunt you again !

It's infuriating, the demons from the previous save are back with a vengeance. I just hope we'll fight them off eventually at some point!

46 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Binged through few threads in here, looking for inspiration for new save of mine after my HDD went dark on New Year's Day and i think i found it here.

Doing great so far. Step or two away from walking the league. You'll get it soon enough.

Also, on your son... I know you released him but have you thought about turning him into striker? He should do decently as third or fourth choice.

Lovely to see I've inspired you, that's great to hear. :thup: As for my son, unfortunately he never had the potential to become a significant player for us, I decided I'd rather see him try and hopefully have a half decent career for himself than forcefully keep him at the club and give him a game or two each season. To be honest, I didn't think of turning him into a striker, I guess we'll never find out how he would have done there.

11 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Impressive work mate, looking forward to seeing how far you can take them.

Cheers mate!

11 hours ago, Toffle said:

Wow Kamil is great! I guess you're both lucky and unlucky that he's a mercenary.

He looks amazing for his age, I'm a bit suspicious though because of how easy it was for us to snap him up. Normally Polish clubs want millions for such players. We were helped by the fact his contract was running out, but I'm wondering why they let that happen in the first place and why there was no more interest in him.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

r1q20qB.jpg

yP8zOpL.jpg

A much better month allows us to retain the top spot, although the start was more than worrying as we were two goals down at half time against Lechia. Our form seems to have turned up, but we really need to keep it that way, Legia are going to be hot on our tails. Who will blink first?

Europa Conference League

k3aFHXp.jpg

We couldn't pull off an upset, but this time it was even closer than last year. After losing the first leg in a more convincing manner than the result would suggest I decided to field what was mostly our second XI at their place, preserving our best players' fitness for the league. They dominated us again... but somehow we were 2:0 up at half time, which would have seen us go through! The second half was incredibly dramatic with Villarreal going 3:2 up, then us equalising through Lubos Slama's fantastic strike from a tight angle with ten minutes to go, and finally Alfredo Morelos burying us in the 90th minute. What a game though!

Youth Intake

fdEtwpP.jpg

As predicted, nothing special.

Jacek Tarnowski

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

F68B8yf.jpg

XTWtFzK.jpg

Oh yes! Five wins out of five and no goals conceded, and what's more, Legia have dropped four points in their last two games. This means we only need one point from our two games against Lech and Arka. Surely we can't **** this up?!

7 hours ago, Bitner said:

CONGRATULATIONS!

I knew this day would come!

Cheers,
Bitner 

3 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Congrats on the title. It's always more satisfying when you have to build up to it rather than winning straight away.  

Thanks a lot guys! I agree, winning it after all this grind feels amazing, I definitely wouldn't feel that way if we did it right after getting promoted, even bearing in mind my last year's struggles. It's a massive step for the club, we're going to build something really great here.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2028/29 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Feb-May)

Competition Performance: Winners

There's not much more left to say really. Apart from the February wobble, this was a fantastic season. We dominated most of our games and simply looked like a title-winning team.

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Second Round

We got the worst draw possible.

Europa Conference League

Competition Performance: Second Knockout Round

The road wasn't as smooth as last year, but we repeated the same achievement. An absolutely storming campaign in the qualifying rounds was followed by an underwhelming group stage, but then we did very well to beat Viitorul. Villarreal were just too much for us, although we did give them quite a scare in the second leg.

Squad

Look at all the talent in there, it's a pleasure to manage this team. We also have a couple of great players in the U-18 squad who will make the step up next season. Pisarek is getting released as his contract is running out.

Transfers - Finances

We made a lot of money in the market thanks to the big sales of Zawislan and Grabowski. On the other hand, we also really strengthened the team - especially Szymonowicz and Banic were two transfers I'm very pleased with.

With eight figures in our bank account I think I may go a bit more adventurous with transfers in the upcoming window!

Player of the Season

1st - Matvey Semkin - he's been with us for a few years now, but this season he really turned it up with the quality of his performances, becoming probably our most solid player and one of the main contributors to our defensive record. With Wietrzykowski pushing stronger and stronger for his place, he's definitely been motivated - and it showed!

2nd - Piotr Pękala - speaking of our defensive record, here's the man who kept 21 clean sheets in the league. My coaches never seem to be rating him highly and I constantly get goalkeepers recommended to me by scouts, but for me this guy is the man. There were games where he had nothing to do and suddenly was forced to pull off a wonder save and in those moments he always delivered.

3rd - Neven Banic - to be honest, I didn't expect him to break through in the debut season, but that's exactly what he did. 27 goals in all competitions are a brilliant output, especially from such a young player. One more season like that and we may not be able to hold onto him.

Next Season

The primary aim will of course be retaining the title, but I also fancy our chances to make the Champions League group stage. Why the hell not?

Onto the awards...

nBejyKS.jpg

A very good season from our left back. Much like Semkin, he maintained a very solid, consistent level throughout the campaign. I wish him all the best at Betis.

R1K8wIt.jpg

oopWcAg.jpg

Of course the Conference League record is hugely inflated by the goals in the qualifying round, but it's still fantastic to see. Remember, the boy's only 17!

kEG5Tka.jpg

nUmguQa.jpg

And finally, I also got an award for myself. :cool: