FM21: Unia Janikowo - This Year Is Our Year

Rikulec

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

O8RebBN.jpg

VIxtND4.jpg

We're certainly not the most entertaining team in the league at the moment, but we're also just one point off the top spot.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

AvEdVL8.jpg

Y2wJcto.jpg

A frustrating result in Sosnowiec followed by two great wins. Could this be the point where we properly get going?

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

wqsVkUd.jpg

ClfHteh.jpg

We got properly FMed against Górnik, otherwise it was an amazing month. Zagłębie's lead at the top has grown to two points though.

Transfers

Lubos Slama - I wasn't actively looking for a striker, but when I saw he was available for £55K, I couldn't resist.

Kevin Zawislan - a talented left back joins for £83K from Resovia, replacing Lukas Olejnik.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

lPekxKd.jpg

xNoRCiV.jpg

Looks like it's going to be a two horse race between us and Zagłębie Lubin. We actually have them away in our next game followed by Legia at home, I think these two games are going to define the final part of the season for us. Are we going to be challenging for the title, or holding onto the 2nd place we're currently sitting in?

Youth Intake

NhxYGHo.jpg

For some reason the intake came earlier this year... and what an intake it is! It seems our investment is beginning to pay off, and Wietrzykowski could be this year's Bykowski. And no, unfortunately Konrad and Marek Hołtyn aren't brothers.

Jakub Wietrzykowski

Rafał Szałkowski

Konrad Hołtyn

Wojciech Primel

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

AOgFKaF.jpg

qJJsXUC.jpg

Oooft. That's the worst month we've had in a while, this won't be the year then. Fair play to Zagłębie though, they won 15 of their last 17 league games. Let's just concentrate on finishing 2nd.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

tfWQUFj.jpg

sqztX6J.jpg

Another defeat means we eventually slip behind Legia. At least we won the final game of the season, which also means we went unbeaten at home throughout the whole campaign.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2026/27 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Feb-May)

Competition Performance: 3rd

A second 3rd place finish in a row, but this time I feel we could have done better than that. A quick look at the results reveals that we never really mounted a good run, and April was just horrendous, even if we did play some strong opponents there. On the positive side, we seem to have established ourselves as firm contenders for the European spots.

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Second Round

No shame in losing on penalties to the eventual winners, but I would have liked us to get a bit further.

Europa Conference League

Competition Performance: Second Qualifying Round

We were never going to get past Salzburg.

Squad

Some really promising young players in there. I think within a season or two we're going to have a team good enough to challenge for the title. There's one departure at the end of the season: the final player from the original squad, Wrześniewski, will be let go.

Transfers - Finances

Two unexpected big sales allowed us to make a huge profit. As for the quality of players signed, I'm really happy with Prtajin and Gęsior while Slama has been a bit of a disappointment so far.

More and more money in our account, although we're going to spend more than a half of that balance on the training facilities upgrade.

Player of the Season

1st - Marcin Grabowski - I think it's the first time since reaching the Ekstraklasa that we've had a player hit double figures for both goals and assists. Although his finishing was a bit patchy, he was still probably one of our most consistent players in terms of sheer quality and reliability in build-up.

2nd - Kacper Piątek - the best season for our left winger since he joined us, 11 goals being his best return in the whole career. Could have probably done even better, hadn't it been for a couple of annoying injuries. Here's hoping he realises we're not really worse than the teams that are interested in him!

3rd - Stanislav Skoda - speaking of consistency, there's no omitting the big Czech midfielder. His aerial ability combined with great technique make him a real star for us, we seem to suffer every time he's not on the pitch for whatever reason.

Next Season

Okay, I'll say it out loud: I want the title and I want it next season.

38W3CgK.jpg

Not a terrible season on loan for Słota Jr, 7 league goals aren't to be scoffed at and his team managed to avoid relegation from the III Liga. Shame about the injury he's picked up, hopefully he recovers and does well on another loan next season.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2027/28 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Mid-table finish
Puchar Polski: Third Round
Europa Conference League: Fourth Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Challenge for the title.
Puchar Polski: Try to win it, though not at all costs.
Europa Conference League: Try to beat Jablonec and see what happens, basically.

Budgets:

Transfer: £1,878,216
Wage: £40,499 (currently spending £29,785)
Balance: £2,445,939

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2027/28 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

eRck7o8.jpg

No injuries, that's what's important really.

Transfers

emb2ILn.jpg

We've never spent this much in a single window before.

Daniel Novakovic - Galcik was awful, so we needed another option for the left wing.

Samuel Rehak - the big gamble of the window. Already a good player and I hope he has more room to growth, but the personality is a bit of a worry and it's a very big fee for a club like us.

Jan Petras - our new starting right winger.

Piotr Pisarek and Jakub Wietrzykowski have been promoted to the first team.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Xx8Ms0w.jpg

AutzLFj.jpg

I'm happy with this start considering that we got the toughest opening fixture possible.

Europa Conference League

LATmasu.jpg

Yes! We were a bit lucky to snatch a draw in the away leg, but at home we dominated and only conceded late on to give us a bit of a scare. We've won a European tie for the first time in club's history!

It's Molde in the next round. I imagine their quality is going to be similar to Jablonec, so... let's see!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

TRCX970.jpg

sMFvuPz.jpg

A terribly inconsistent month leaves us in a less than favourable position early into the season. Not good.

Europa Conference League

ALcmi9h.jpg

This went much, much better though! We had the Molde tie under control right from the beginning and clearly showed them who was the better team. The trip to Gorica started disastrously for us as we went 2:0 down early on, but then we went into beast mode and smashed them at their place before rounding it all off with a comfortable home win. Europe, here we come!

OER8K5h.jpg

The groups have been drawn and I think it could have gone worse for us. This is by no means an easy group, but on a good day we can put up a fight against any of these teams. We'll see what happens I guess.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

nsAaT9Z.jpg

bH5mczL.jpg

Absolutely perfect on paper, even though, again, those wins aren't as convincing as I'd like them to be.

Puchar Polski

XnHzrI6.jpg

A heavily rotated team almost made it through, but it wasn't to be.

Europa Conference League

CfkkLwq.jpg

pjVToNr.jpg

The dream lives on! We fully deserved to beat Sparta and the Vojvodina game was a proper thriller that saw us concede early on, then grab three quick goals between the 12th and 23rd minute and finally concede one in the 90th because, of course, there had to be some injury time drama. Can we hold on?

Transfers

Mateusz Kubica - we lost Piątek on deadline day and had to replace him. Enter Kubica - we had to pay £300K for a season-long loan, but he looks like a player well worth the money.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

bq0ey9F.jpg

gGdswOJ.jpg

We somehow keep getting points on board despite a tougher run of fixtures this month.

Europa Conference League

pEU1YdP.jpg

njjRWxA.jpg

A potentially crucial point in the game I think should be the hardest one for us in the group. We're in a great position at the halfway point!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

VTNwryj.jpg

uuoLyiQ.jpg

We lost the one game we really, really shouldn't have.

Europa Conference League

XWerWqB.jpg

smLnguq.jpg

GET IN! Two fantastic wins, including a very lucky one in the Czech Republic, and we're going straight to the Round of 16!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2027 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

qLqHRJw.jpg

2NeWkEo.jpg

A good month for us; what's even better, Legia only managed to pick up two points, allowing us to equal their points total and now we're only behind because we lost to them. Not a bad position to be in entering the winter break.

Europa Conference League

PdpL3e1.jpg

VUYIeua.jpg

A perfect end to a group stage that has been nothing short of spectacular for us. Turns out I was right in my assumption that there wouldn't be much difference between our opponents, I just didn't think we'd smash them like we did!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2028 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

hc61ouA.jpg

uewIt1P.jpg

Well, there's always next year.

Europa Conference League

Y3Vsc0f.jpg

We're out, but we did put up one hell of a fight. We even levelled the tie at home after Pleśnierowicz's goal, but then they killed our hopes of making it to extra time with a direct free kick goal and added two more late goals to ensure we wouldn't even get a draw, which, in all honesty, would have been the very least we deserved. It's also our first home defeat in all competitions since July 2026!

Youth Intake

0OlopNU.jpg

To be honest it's not quite the "golden generation" I hoped for. This Croatian guy looks quite promising though!

Sasa Norac-Kevo

Adrian Felsch

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2028 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

R8sA9iX.jpg

DiDmD2p.jpg

Wow, what a month! I made some tactical changes, effectively going back to what we were using at the very beginning of the save (and also what I was using at Nashville in the FMCU Joint Save last year) and suddenly we're firing on all cylinders, our front four banging goals in left, right, and centre. Mathematically the league is still not over, but if we were to win the title, we'd have to beat Legia in game 33, then beat Lech away and hope Legia lose to Jagiellonia. Not very likely, but who knows?

vnjJc9F.jpg

Game on! We've beaten Legia for the first time since the beginning of this save and we couldn't have picked a better moment to do this. And what a game it was! We were quite clearly the better team, but could only create one great chance within 90 minutes that was wasted by Lubos Slama. Legia also had their golden opportunity to sting us in the second half, but Pękala did brilliantly in a one-on-one situation. And then in the dying minutes we ****ing did it - Petras went on a solo run inside from the right wing and sent a fantastic through ball towards Grabowski, who sealed it for us with his weaker left foot. What. A. Game.

Of course, it's very likely that this was all for nothing. Lech away isn't going to be any easier and Jagiellonia will have to do their absolute best in Warsaw if they want to help us...

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2028 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

EAKkfXn.jpg

D5FAXXi.jpg

While the penultimate game went our way perfectly, the final day was the exact opposite. We couldn't break Lech and lost to an 88th minute goal despite dominating the match. In Warsaw, Legia comfortably went 2:0 up within less than thirty minutes and cruised towards the title. No luck for us in the end!

11 hours ago, Rikulec said:

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2028 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

EAKkfXn.jpg

D5FAXXi.jpg

While the penultimate game went our way perfectly, the final day was the exact opposite. We couldn't break Lech and lost to an 88th minute goal despite dominating the match. In Warsaw, Legia comfortably went 2:0 up within less than thirty minutes and cruised towards the title. No luck for us in the end!

The bold statement saying that this was the year went tits up :D unlucky 

Edited by Polski97
mistake

3 minutes ago, Toffle said:

That beautiful European campaign might have cost points..

But it was well worth it :thup:

I would logically assume the same, but then if you look at how the season progressed, you'll see that we navigated through the fixture congestion in the first half of the season fairly well and ended it on equal points with Legia. The month that cost us the league was February in my opinion and that was when we didn't even have any midweek games. I think it was more of a tactical issue, in most games we seemed to dominate, but in fact didn't really create a lot of clear cut chances. Instead we had a lot of infuriating blocked shots, generally the opposition's penalty box would get really crowded and we struggled to break through. Paradoxically, now I'm using a more attacking tactic: I switched the mentality from standard to positive, moved the two DMs into the CM strata, and adjusted the roles so that we have two wingers on support, an AMC with an attack duty, and an advanced forward; and space seems to have opened up, we're creating way more chances and their quality has also improved. The goal fest in April was a direct result of that.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2027/28 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Feb-May)

Competition Performance: Runners-up

So close, yet so far again. We've now firmly established ourselves as a top team, having finished in the top three for three times in a row. This year's finish is obviously the best league position in the club's history, yet I can't help but feel a little bit disappointed. The title was definitely within our reach, but poor results after the winter break created a massive gap between Legia and us and we simply didn't have the time to close it after we got going again.

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: First Round

Should have done better, even with a rotated team.

Europa Conference League

Competition Performance: Second Knockout Round

A spectacular European campaign for us this year. We exceeded all expectations, first by reaching the group at all and then by absolutely smashing it and finishing 10 points above Krasnodar in 2nd, which for a six-game group stage sounds bloody ridiculous. Sporting were clearly superior to us and I'm satisfied to have fought really well over the two legs.

Squad

I'm happy with the squad. There won't be major revolutions, we'll only be replacing the loanees and maybe one or two more players.

Transfers - Finances

No financial profit from transfers this year, but I'm very happy with the quality of the players we brought in.

We're in a very stable financial position, making money every year and being able to invest some of the profits into our facilities.

Player of the Season

1st - Marcin Grabowski - our best player for the second year in a row. When I was bringing him in from Resovia, I meant him to be our main goalscorer. In the end, it turned out he's much more effective as a creative player than as a finisher. In total, he contributed to 30 goals in all competitions this season - not bad!

2nd - Jan Kokoska - a great season for the centre back. He won the award for the most talented young Czech player, and deservedly so - he was easily our best defender, and it was a formation that performed miracles this season, especially at home. Absolutely indispensable.

3rd - Mateusz Kubica - our top goalscorer in the league, even if 10 goals may not sound very impressive. In terms of sheer CA I'd hazard a guess that he might be the best player to have played for us so far. Shame we have no chance of retaining him for another season.

Next Season

You all know what the aim is.

B24Idka.jpg

One more thing I'd like to share is our defensive record at home this season, which, as you can see, is pretty ****ing insane. :D Europe wasn't much worse as we only conceded five goals: two in the qualifying rounds and, sadly, three against Sporting. All this amounts to just seven goals conceded at home in all competitions!