Jump to content

FM21 Performance Benchmarking Thread


Recommended Posts

Type: Desktop

Model: Custom

CPU Model: R5 5600x

CPU Base Frequency: 3.70 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.60 GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: 3200Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 8GB

Graphics Level in 3D: -

Storage Type: SSD

 

Benchmark A: 01 min 33 Sec

Benchmark B: 06 min 42 Sec

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/06/2021 at 18:10, Bigpole said:

I've got my eyes on 5900x but I see weird results up to 1min difference between the same (vaguely) type of PC. I wonder if this is because of overclocking or maybe overheating due to lack of cooling/airflow inside the case. 

Any thoughts?

Yeah it could be a whole number of factors from updated drivers to airflow to overclocking.  These benchmarks can be really useful for noticing if you have issues with your setup

Link to post
Share on other sites

can you try Test D to an earlier version of fm, like fm2011. If you run max leagues and settings to see if we get same results . I think SI GAMES need to create the game better to run faster, I mean some of these pc's are the best gaming pc's we can buy also for thousands of $/£. why is it like this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JLEEG said:

can you try Test D to an earlier version of fm, like fm2011. If you run max leagues and settings to see if we get same results . I think SI GAMES need to create the game better to run faster, I mean some of these pc's are the best gaming pc's we can buy also for thousands of $/£. why is it like this. 

Comparison over versions never really works, more recent versions are more optimised for recent hardware etc and its hard to replicate the same week in terms of fixtures.

Benchmark D is an absolute extreme too.  I don't think anyone expects it to be that fast.  Should the game be more optimised?  Of course, and if you check out the previous benchmarking threads you will see that leagues that are run in full detail are more optimised.

Also the reality is that 99% of users will never change the default detail level anyway.  Benchmark A & B are the most typical setups

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Type: Desktop

Model: iMac (Retina 5K, 2020)

CPU Model: Intel Core i5 (6-core)

CPU Base Frequency: 3.1GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: N/A

RAM: 8GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2667 MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4GB

Graphics Level in 3D: High

Storage Type: SSD

 

Benchmark A: 02 min 00 Sec

Benchmark B: 9 min 09 Sec

Benchmark C: 11 min 16 Sec

Link to post
Share on other sites

Type: Desktop

Model: Custom

CPU Model: Intel Core i3 3220

CPU Base Frequency: 3.30 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: N/A

RAM: 8GB DDR3

RAM Clockspeed: 1600 MHz

GPU: nVidia Geforce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5

Graphics Level in 3D: High

Storage Type: SSD

 

Benchmark A: 05 min 10 Sec

Link to post
Share on other sites

Late to the party, this is my results, attached CPU-Z specs, ran the tests back to back, so maybe this is why it is a bit slower on bench D, but I don't think it can be faster than 5950x.

 

Type: Desktop

Model: Custom

CPU Model: R9 5900X

CPU Base Frequency: 3.70 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.80 GHz

RAM: 32GB

RAM Clockspeed: 3600Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TI - 12GB

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Storage Type: Raid NVME

 

Benchmark A: 01 min 19 Sec

Benchmark B: 05 min 47 Sec

Benchmark C: 07 min 12 Sec

Benchmark D: 14 min 14 Sec

 

 

HW1.png

HW2.png

HW3.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better late than never :lol:


Type: Laptop

Model: Lenovo Ideapad L340

CPU Model: i5-9300HF

CPU Base Frequency: 2.40 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.10 GHz

RAM: 8GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2400MHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (3GB)

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Storage Type: HDD

 

Benchmark A: 02 min 34 sec

Benchmark B: 11 min 18 sec

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 20/07/2021 at 05:16, corinsondavila said:

Type: Desktop

Model: iMac (Retina 5K, 2020)

CPU Model: Intel Core i5 (6-core)

CPU Base Frequency: 3.1GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: N/A

RAM: 8GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2667 MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4GB

Graphics Level in 3D: High

Storage Type: SSD

 

Benchmark A: 02 min 00 Sec

Benchmark B: 9 min 09 Sec

Benchmark C: 11 min 16 Sec

Just updating the spreadsheet now, any idea what model of i5 it is?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought it was time I posted my own results :)

 

Type: Custom desktop

Model: Desktop

CPU Model: Intel i7 6700k 4 cores and 8 threads

CPU Base Frequency: 4.0 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.2 GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: @2133 MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8GB

Graphics Level in 3D: Very high

Storage Type: NVMe SSD M.2


Benchmark A: 2min 12 secs

Benchmark B: 10min 9 secs

Benchmark C: 15 mins 42 secs

 

Looks like time I upgraded my PC

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I changed my AM4 motherboard to one with Dynamic OC switching. Asus crosshair x570 extreme. The ryzen 5950x now runs on PBO when it is drawing less than 65A and a static overclock of 4.55 all core (still tweaking) when more than 65A

Benchmark A was unchanged as this didn’t use more than 65Ato trigger the all core overclock.

Benchmark B dropped to 5:47 from 6:00

Benchmark C dropped from 7:05 to 6:33.

All other components remained the same. 

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by jonpt
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 24/09/2021 at 13:23, jonpt said:

So I changed my AM4 motherboard to one with Dynamic OC switching. Asus crosshair x570 extreme. The ryzen 5950x now runs on PBO when it is drawing less than 65A and a static overclock of 4.55 all core (still tweaking) when more than 65A

Benchmark A was unchanged as this didn’t use more than 65Ato trigger the all core overclock.

Benchmark B dropped to 5:47 from 6:00

Benchmark C dropped from 7:05 to 6:33.

All other components remained the same. 

Hope this helps someone.

That's how I got my scores with my 5950x. I'm surprised more motherboards don't include this feature. I highly recommend it for AMD fans that like to tweak their settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, jwchriste said:

That's how I got my scores with my 5950x. I'm surprised more motherboards don't include this feature. I highly recommend it for AMD fans that like to tweak their settings.

There’s only two boards that support the feature: Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero and Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme which cost $790 and $1500 respectively here in Australia. From a pure FM perspective, not sure shaving off 30 seconds in processing time is worth the capital outlay on these motherboards. I may eat my words though when I upgrade my PC however :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I want to leave my results that was useful for those who want a laptop with a Ryzen 5800H

 

Type: Laptop

Model: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5800H 8 cores and 16 threads

CPU Base Frequency: 3.2 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.4 GHz

RAM: 32GB

RAM Clockspeed: @3200MHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB Laptop

Graphics Level in 3D: Very high

Storage Type: NVMe SSD M.2

Benchmark A: 1min 46 secs

Benchmark B: 8min 8 secs

Benchmark C: 10 mins 44 secs

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some results from us with low end systems

 

Type: Desktop

Model: Custom

CPU Model: Intel Pentium G4560

CPU Base Frequency: 3.5GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: N/A

RAM: 8 GB

RAM Clockspeed: @2400Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 4 GB GDDR5

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Storage Type: HDD

 

Benchmark A: 03 min 59 Sec

Benchmark B: 16 min 25 Sec

Benchmark C: -

Benchmark D: -

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 27/09/2021 at 02:12, jwchriste said:

That's how I got my scores with my 5950x. I'm surprised more motherboards don't include this feature. I highly recommend it for AMD fans that like to tweak their settings.

Just an FYI, I have just noticed nearly all the latest Gigabyte Aorus x570 MB releases now offer Gigabyte Active OC tuner, making this OC feature available at a cheaper price than Asus two MB offerings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...