What proportion of players play Touch as main preference?

I was wondering how many people play Touch as their choice game? I much prefer it to the full fat game because I just want to play games, buy players and manage the team.

For me the full game is too slow. I have a top end computer and even then the processing time is too much for me to sit and wait with the 7 or so leagues I like to play.

I also dont like the endless media requirements, team talks, endless responsibilities and team psychology that comes with the full game.

I appreciate everyone is different so wondered what other people thought? Bottom line is I find the full game tedious and boring.

I would really love it if SI could add an editor to touch. 

Agree entirely.  Haven't played the full game for years as I play Touch on PC.  I tried the demo last week (as SI haven't released the Touch demo this time) and I lasted about three weeks into my game before getting frustrated with the snail-like progress and quitting.  Roll on Decmber 1st for my fix of FM21 Touch.

Although I personally prefer the full fat version, I don't understand why some people are so anti-Touch and almost seem offended when it is suggested to them as an option when they complain about the full game being too time-consuming. 

I normally play a couple of Touch saves. Mostly on occasions when it is easier to take my Android tablet somewhere rather than one of my other PCs. 

Edited by DementedHammer

I normally play FMT, but with the match engine looking so good in beta I decided to give full-fat a try again with the intention of playing a save based on edited leagues once I'd played a normal save. I've actually enjoyed some of the extra features in full-fat FM.

Now I'm looking forward to FMT again as whatever changes were introduced between beta and full release seem to have FM20'd the way the ME plays (not totally. but I'm getting some nasty flashbacks in some of the way it's now playing).  I'm hoping that it is something resulting from dynamics and an FMT game will remove those effects and prove to me that the glorious football of the beta ME can be recovered in the full-fat game once the team reaches a good level of cohesion and morale.

Edited by rp1966

I play the "full fat" version, but my brother has learning difficulties and he can't cope with all the new features and added clicking. He adores FM and has played it since 00/01, so the Touch Version is perfect for him! He is eagerly waiting its release which i think is the 1st December? 

Switched over to FMT or FMC when it was first introduced primarily because I usually had only the weekend to play and it's definitely been my first preference since then. Now and then I dabble with the full version if I have time but I feel I've been spoiled by the quick and snappy nature of FMT. 

Of course there are times when someone switching over from the "full fat" version of the game might feel like they're missing a few features or something like that but I'd definitely recommend trying to stick with it. Especially if you feel like you don't have the time but still want to scratch the FM itch.

I play Touch on PC where there are no limitations to the number of leagues you can load, so you can still load up 40-50 leagues and have it process really fast and get further into games than you usually would with a similar set-up on the full fat version.  

15 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Although I personally prefer the full fat version, I don't understand why some people are so anti-Touch and almost seem offended when it is suggested to them as an option when they complain about the full game being too time-consuming. 

I normally play a couple of Touch saves. Mostly on occasions when it is easier to take my Android tablet somewhere rather than one of my other PCs. 

Can only speak for myself but until a thread on here about the delayed release of touch i assumed touch was a totally different game that was for tablets and mobile devices and therefore nowhere near as good, The name 'Touch' makes it sound too simplistic and maybe something for a total newbie 

After reading about it i loaded up the 2020 version and enjoyed playing it so much i may have a go on 2021 also

Can only speak for myself but it was purely ignorance and thinking it was something it wasn't 

FMT is a good game. I don't need e. g. press conferences and team talks. I like the "Instant Result"-Button so I use a skin with this button in FM for friendly matches (Watching a 10:0 friendly match against a local team to boost morale and match sharpness isn't interesting for me).

But I don't like the simplification of e. g. tactics and training. This is why I prefer FM over FMT.

Edited by Tom 99

18 minutes ago, Tom 99 said:

FMT is a good game. I don't need e. g. press conferences and team talks. I like the "Instant Result"-Button so I use a skin with this button in FM for friendly matches (Watching a 10:0 friendly match against a local team to boost morale and match sharpness isn't interesting for me).

But I don't like the simplification of e. g. tactics and training. This is why I prefer FM over FMT.

Training I can understand but tactics and match engine are same as FM.

7 hours ago, cris182 said:

Can only speak for myself but until a thread on here about the delayed release of touch i assumed touch was a totally different game that was for tablets and mobile devices and therefore nowhere near as good, The name 'Touch' makes it sound too simplistic and maybe something for a total newbie 

After reading about it i loaded up the 2020 version and enjoyed playing it so much i may have a go on 2021 also

Can only speak for myself but it was purely ignorance and thinking it was something it wasn't 

I've beaten this drum many times, but I hate how they rebranded it to 'touch', should have kept it at FM Classic. 

I tried Touch last year and loved it. I have a save this year but I think I'll eventually have another one in Touch. There's just so many things I don't care about in the full version. Too much analysis, stats, reports, media, advice windows, and so on.

I wish the fanbase and SI too didn't treat Touch like the step brother :lol: it has been virtually the same in the last 3 years, almost no changes at all. Don't change just for the sake of changing but some bugs and interface tweaks could be made.

What I like about FMT, is the quick mode that it has, you can do a quick season. In FM even if you delegate everything to the AI, can't really achieve, the quickness of FMT, but and also no... my most hated features of all... Press Conferences.

Some said, that FMT is too dumbed down... I don't really agree. FMT it is a challenge version, God knows how many tries i did managing an english lower league team, to premiership and fail miserably. FMT is , like FM but without the fluff that makes FM slow as snail and no Press Conferences. :P

I've been playing touch version last few years since I've had a little one and more busier at work! BUT this 2021 full game version is best I've played in about 7 years IMO. It feels like a touch version, so much quicker and the little touches are great (personally like the different build up when you are on TV!)

Get your game from CD keys, touch is included and give the full game a go at least trust me worth a go!

I got to the stage with touch, much like mobile version, too easy! 

Far from being 'dumbed down', I would argue FMC is a bigger challenge than the main game. In full FM, there's many ways you can boost the player morale, and in this game, as in real life, morale is a key factor to a team's success. In FMC, you can't do team talks, praise training and all other manner of artificial morale boosting. You also don't get big youth intakes (a handful of players join in the summer). 

Add to that the transfers, tactics and match engine are exactly the same as the main game, and it can be quite the challenge. In fact, I've been sacked more times on FMC than I ever have in the main game. 

6 minutes ago, kamackeris said:

on FMT can we upload things like the logo, facepacks, brexit fixes etc etc ?? i have found that every year i buy this game and just can't get into it anymore...and i have been playing since day one early 90's 

Logos and facepacks work. Not sure about the Brexit fix - it may work. 

I played Touch when it was new and classic. And I never really saw the point of it from my perspective. I really do not mind going slowly through a season. I only just finished by first season from the save I started from Beta release. And I am totally okay with that. I understand the opposite point of view, so this is not a criticism of those who like to go through faster.

The main reason I do not use it is because you simply lose too much. Yes, it is quicker, but the things that are cut out add to the game and make it more immersive. It just cuts too much of the game out for my tastes. I cannot see myself ever installing and playing this version of the game. I will always be playing the full version of the game.

Just thought I would try to provide a reasonable and balanced opposing opinion that is not derisive!

I'll be straight back to FMT when it's out. Looking at the Beta and full release in the full version have confirmed to me that this is probably the FM to get me back into the series properly for the first time since about FM14. However, I am reminded how looooong it takes to do stuff in the main game so I'll happily revert back to the dumbed-down baby version (:rolleyes:) of FM on the 1st December.

Not an issue with FMT. Even without using Instant Result you can get through seasons so, so much faster. With Instant Result a season can be done in a matter of hours. That's what I usually do to fast forward through the first 10+ seasons or so to get to the stage where you have maybe a 50:50 split of newgens and original players. Prefer doing that to holidaying as you retain more control.

I'm very much a full-on FM full version player right now and that is in my heart.
That said, I have played FM touch either in short bursts, or longer. If the devs read this it may be interesting, they may also be aware of it. Its a great back-up to have.

1. I spend 13 yrs IRL in a demanding management job (IRL) so last thing I wanted to do at difficult times with that was manage people in my relaxation time - FM touch gives that escape - I'll reiterate I suspect the Devs are aware of this given the age profile of FM players :)
2. More obvious - easy to mess around with tactics and play around.

1 hour ago, rp1966 said:

Logos and facepacks work. Not sure about the Brexit fix - it may work. 

The editor is not available in FMT in like... in 8 years and counting. So the Brexit stuff is dependent what it is in game.

1 hour ago, RTHerringbone said:

I'll be straight back to FMT when it's out. Looking at the Beta and full release in the full version have confirmed to me that this is probably the FM to get me back into the series properly for the first time since about FM14. However, I am reminded how looooong it takes to do stuff in the main game so I'll happily revert back to the dumbed-down baby version (:rolleyes:) of FM on the 1st December.

Welcome back. :P

However, if it is release on Dec. 1st, is yet to be seen. On my steam account the Dec. 1st was replace to "This item is not yet available". To me it can mean many things, including a potential delay. I maybe wrong (i want to be wrong), but since SI is in the business of leaving us in dark, so unless there is an announcement of new features, between today and release date it will be something we will learn on Dec. 1st.

Edited by grade

The last few years have followed the same pattern for me. Buy the full game on release, really into it for several weeks, maybe a few months, get 3 or 4 seasons into a save and then switch to Touch. It's pick-up-and-playability just means it fits in with my lifestyle more these days. The days of me being able to sink 30 or 40 hours a week into the full game are long gone. With Touch it just feels easier to grab 45 minutes here, maybe an hour or two there and still have fun. 

The delay of FMT on PC let me try the full FM version without having the urge to go to FMT. 

Processing is really much much faster than before and I am having a lot of fun on the full game. However, I haven't gotten very far yet. 

Unless I really, really can't drop my current save I will start a new one with FMT next week, which allows me to actually finish a season in a reasonable time frame. 

With the new match engine/animations and the xG and hopefully analysis graphs it will be great. 

I  switched to FMT the season after it came out, due to having less time to play than usual. It fit me better at the time, as I don't want to do press conferences, team talks etc. However I missed some control of e.g. youth teams, and the balance would be off in the leagues I played (youth intake would be too old (19) with too low ability, both frustrating for me, as I play youth-only challenges, and with the effect of reducing the quality of the AI teams in the league (Denmark)).

Last year I tried full FM, and was able to delegate team talks, training, press conferences etc., so it felt just as smooth as FMT. However, there are loads of news items stopping the game processing each day, requiring me to push continue each day. If only they could let the game continue past unimportant news items, or give you some way of getting less news items, FM full would be perfect for me.

Right now none of the versions fit me perfectly.

I'm kinda the opposite of a lot of people here in that I have played purely FMT over the last several years. But I'm trying to push myself into the Full FM version this year. Bit on the fence still as I am trying to convince myself that the extra detail and immersion is worth the extra micromanagement but the experience has not yet been quite as enjoyable. I used to enjoy multiple saves in different leagues for each version but now I totally understand where people are coming from when they say they have 1 main save per edition. It's so much heavier and slower! But I'm a bit annoyed at how SI is treating FMT (limiting what the PC can do based on tablets, announcements/communication), so I'm going to persevere with the full version.

I will say though that I don't really understand people that play Multiplayer on the full version. FMT is so much better for multiplayer!

Edited by Cal585

I do wonder if the touch version was delayed to force people into playing the full version because more and more people are migrating to touch each version.

The full version has become a slow and labour intense mess. So much tedious and repetitive micromanaging.

The touch version could do with a bit more padding out but in my opinion it's the superior version.

Just wish it had a bigger DB.

Just downloaded the FM21 full demo whilst I’m waiting for FMT...

Spent about 20 mins in hot sweats at all there is to do, that game is a bloody chore not an enjoyable escape lol!

Fair play to all that really hammer hours into that and enjoy it, I don’t think theres enough hours in the day!