[FM21] Realistic Weather v1.1 *UPDATED 12/5/20 - Added AUS*

Wonderful, thank you so much!:applause:

I consider the realistic weather, injuries, derbies and rivalries, awards overhaul and competition colors absolute game-changers and worth the wait before starting my proper FM 21 save, just like I did before with FM 20.

I appreciate you taking the time to work on these great and unique improvements, and will gladly be donating soon. All the best to you and your family!

11 minutes ago, Tommy Hughes said:

Wonderful, thank you so much!:applause:

I consider the realistic weather, injuries, derbies and rivalries, awards overhaul and competition colors absolute game-changers and worth the wait before starting my proper FM 21 save, just like I did before with FM 20.

I appreciate you taking the time to work on these great and unique improvements, and will gladly be donating soon. All the best to you and your family!

Thank you very much!

Thanks for this! Fantastic work

Im someone who works in government department for weather here in Australia, so the inaccuracies probably bother me more than most :lol:

Do you have any plans to do Australia weather? And were typhoons added for southern China? They get about 7 or 8 that make landfall each year which is more than Japan.

9 hours ago, oblongata21 said:

Thanks for this! Fantastic work

Im someone who works in government department for weather here in Australia, so the inaccuracies probably bother me more than most :lol:

Do you have any plans to do Australia weather? And were typhoons added for southern China? They get about 7 or 8 that make landfall each year which is more than Japan.

I believe I did add the typhoons in China. Although, I had to keep in mind, that if I raised the rain too much, there would be way too many waterlogged pitches and you'd never get to play!

I haven't looked into Australia...I'll PM you.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Is the Japanese typhoon reason for postponement or does it mess with the ball in game? Just curious :D

It would be added in the form of "downpour" at a rate much more often than anywhere else in the world without typhoons. So you would have games played in the rain, or waterlogged pitches, from what I remember.

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

Does this mod completely over-ride the existing weather modules or simply add to the existing ones?

Not sure exactly what you mean... but for the existing ones, it changes them from being region-based to city-based for fine-tuning. And the weather pattern for each season has been compared to real life data, and edited for it to match, as best I know how. So I believe it completely overrides them.
For example, In the Australia weather mentioned above, Port Hedland area was marked as 100% dry for all seasons. When in reality, this feb 2020 got 100mm. In January, average temps are 31.5C, average lows and highs are 26C and 37C, and record low 23.6C, high 44C. Original database was set to 15% 16-21C, 65% 22-28C, and 20% 29-34C. Almost any % for 16-21C is wrong, and They gave zero chance of hitting 35C, let alone 44C. Wind speed in dB is set to calm 100%, yet real life data shows low of 28 kmh, high 83kmh, and avg 40kmh. 

if that gives you an idea what this file does?

• majesticeternity changed the title to [FM21] Realistic Weather v1.1 *UPDATED 12/5/20 - Added AUS*
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kleyo said:

Do you plan make more countries or you finish this for FM 2021?

Maybe somebody have any information how weather influence to match engine?

I don’t have any plans, just if someone has requests.

It’s very hard to have actual info on how weather effects the match engine, but supposedly it did have some effects on ball physics, player tiredness, and injury chance. How much that is for FM21, I don’t think anyone knows?

• 4 weeks later...

Some time ago I did a test on how rain and snow affected the EPL in FM19.  I set up three tests, one where it rained every game, one where it snowed every game, and a third where it never rained or snowed.  After ten seasons...there was absolutely no effect on the gameplay.  There were no significant differences in red cards, yellow cards, goals scored, assists made, passing percentage, or injuries, whether it rained, it snowed, or it was dry.

Sorry to say but at least in FM19 it looked like rain or snow had only cosmetic effect on the game.

Edited by TheThirdMan

3 hours ago, TheThirdMan said:

Some time ago I did a test on how rain and snow affected the EPL in FM19.  I set up three tests, one where it rained every game, one where it snowed every game, and a third where it never rained or snowed.  After ten seasons...there was absolutely no effect on the gameplay.  There were no significant differences in red cards, yellow cards, goals scored, assists made, passing percentage, or injuries, whether it rained, it snowed, or it was dry.

Sorry to say but at least in FM19 it looked like rain or snow had only cosmetic effect on the game.

Yea I think that’s unfortunately been the case for the last several FMs.

thanks for the testing and info!