[FM21] [WIP] E20 - England to Level 20 (maybe 21)

Hello , do this update have all league and other cups till Level 12? 

What is the difference between this update and update (till Level 11) by Lionel Messi (from that forum!)? 

I want to play for the team from 11th Level. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan,

Great work - I'll post links to a logos/cities/stadium exteriors graphic set tomorrow (the files are uploading at the moment to Mediafire) - similiar to the one put together for Messi's db.

A tiny number of issues to report at the moment:

1) Kidderminster U23's are appearing in the Midland Football League Premier Division

2) Nunsthorpe Tavern & East Villa have no grounds linked to them at the moment

A collection of logos/cities/stadium exteriors to complement this database:

q1yhXNSl.jpg

5AqCE9vl.jpg

IxkWnT9l.jpg

Logos - English lower league team logos down to level 12 covering the added teams in Dan's database / English lower league competition logos
What the pack does not contain - No logos for those teams/competitions that are in the default SI database (i.e. those down to level 9 & most of level 10.) - there are plenty of existing logo packs available elsewhere on the internet, so there is no point in re-inventing the wheel & they're done to a far higher standard then I could ever hope for. If you don't already have the relevant logo pack, type "FM21 logo pack" into your search engine of choice and pick the style that appeals to you (personally the metallic style is a favourite of mine).

The quality of the logos is variable & depends on what I've been able to find on the internet/had already - the East Lincs & Brighton, Worthing and District leagues are particularly patchy for logos.

The filenames for the logos have team/competition names rather than the team ids - it is the config.xml in each folder which does the work of matching the team name to an id - in theory, this will allow people in future years to update only the config file to whatever values are assigned to the teams by Dan's (or Messi's) next iteration rather than also have to go through and work out what logo is for what team & then adjust filenames.

CitiesTo complement the lower league logos for this database, here is a set of around 2,500 city backgrounds for all the English teams in Dan's database (from Premier League down to level 12) which are old OS map backgrounds which hopefully give people an idea of where a team is based - sample images below (I'm using the FLUT dark skin in my save but it should work with others that use cities in their display).

Stadium Exteriors - covers teams down to level 11 (may attempt to source level 12 but no promises) - Just over 2,000 exterior stadium pictures collated from Google Earth (or alternatives if stadium now extinct or was being built at time of satellite flyby) of varying quality but they perhaps add to the overall experience - hoof the ball too far and your star player may have to avoid traffic on the dual carriageway to get the ball back...

The pack comes with two Excel spreadsheets (one for Dan's DB & one for Messi's L11 DB), which allow configs to be created if the initial default versions aren't showing up correctly - open the spreadsheet that relates to the database you are using, and walkthrough the instructions contained within.

Download Links

Complete pack - here

Logos only - here

Cities only - here

Stadium exteriors only - here

Edited by AhMostyn
Updated links to include level 13

Wow, fantastic. I'm downloading it to see how well it works with Dan's FM19 file. I've been weaving around various villages in the south-east without knowing where many of them are for the last 6 seasons. If nothing else, they'll be in my folder for my next lower league campaign. I've always wondered why SI don't put info on the club screens to show where the clubs are - there's no copyright problem with it.

EDIT: Yup, it works with the FM19 file. Marvellous stuff!

Edited by phnompenhandy
now installed

Dan, please answer. 

Hello , do this update have all league and other cups till Level 12? 

What is the difference between this update and update (till Level 11) by Lionel Messi (from that forum!)? 

I want to play for the team from 11th Level. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this Dan. I've played a season in (Gainsborough Trinity) and have noticed that I've never had the option to sign any players on non-contracts (despite having loads in the squad at the start), and none of the other non-league clubs in-game seem to be doing so either (all transfers seem to be on either amateur or part-time contracts). Is there an explanation for this, or a problem with my save? Cheers!

Obviously amazing database, thank you, Dan.  I just have one question for everyone though - is anyone else getting the issue where all of the matches (in the second season) from the Vanarama National and below all start in October and the league doesn't replenish the number of teams (i.e. Vanarama North permanently on 22 teams, Vanarama South permanently on 21 teams).  

It makes it so literally only 1 team can get promoted to the south which makes it a really tough competition in the leagues below .    I'm not really sure how I got about changing the database myself to do this - don't even know where to start!

Edited by Brandelis_

14 minutes ago, Brandelis_ said:

Obviously amazing database, thank you, Dan.  I just have one question for everyone though - is anyone else getting the issue where all of the matches (in the second season) from the Vanarama National and below all start in October and the league doesn't replenish the number of teams (i.e. Vanarama North permanently on 22 teams, Vanarama South permanently on 21 teams).  

It makes it so literally only 1 team can get promoted to the south which makes it a really tough competition in the leagues below .    I'm not really sure how I got about changing the database myself to do this - don't even know where to start!

Dan doesn't use the advanced editor so is limited by the league setups at game start.

Sadly this means things like season starts carry forwards after the first season.  Little annoying but acceptable compromise for the work Dan does. 

1 hour ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Dan doesn't use the advanced editor so is limited by the league setups at game start.

Sadly this means things like season starts carry forwards after the first season.  Little annoying but acceptable compromise for the work Dan does. 

Totally appreciate that.

It's quite an immersion breaker for me though.  There was a database that was made over at FM Scout which had corrected this, however the fixtures for the second season never loaded (and Man Utd and Liverpool were entered in every low level cup competition!!).  If only there was a way to be able to merge the two together.

Edited by Brandelis_

Logos / Cities for level 13 (plus some tidying up/filling in of some missing graphics) - here

If you've already downloaded the main packs (see post from 10th April above) then you only need to download this, extract the files and copy/paste the 000.English Logos and Backgrounds folder over the one already installed (say yes to any questions about overwriting existing files) - as before, you may need to walkthrough the instructions in the Excel file to ensure alignment of logos to ids. Any issues - drop me a message & I'll try and help (as & when I get time).

If you haven't downloaded the main packs yet, then the you'll need to do this first followed by the update (when I can juggle some space on my host, I'll update the core packs with all the level 13 amendments).

For info, I can't find the following 26 team logos so they won't be in-game:

AFC Lions Golds - Aylesbury & District League Premier Division
AFC Broadwater - Brighton, Worthing & District League Division One
AFC Fernhurst - Brighton, Worthing & District League Division One
St Marys - Brighton, Worthing & District League Division One
Ludford Rovers - East Lincolnshire Football Combination Division One
Springfield - Middlesex County League Division One North & West
Starlight - Middlesex County League Division One North & West
College Wanderers - Scunthorpe & District League Division One
Crosby Colts - Scunthorpe & District League Division One
Wheatley Hill WMC - Wearside League Second Division
FC Titans - Aylesbury & District League Division One
Renegades - Basingstoke & District Saturday League Division One
TwentyTen - Basingstoke & District Saturday League Division One
Cresconians - Birmingham & District League Division One
Naija FC - Birmingham & District League Division One
Ashover - Hope Valley Amateur League Premier Division
Bluecoat - Liverpool Premier League Second Division
Ballers - Nottinghamshire Senior League Division Two North
FC Mansfield - Nottinghamshire Senior League Division Two North
DC Auto Repairs - Plymouth & West Devon League Division One
Tavistock Rovers - Plymouth & West Devon League Division One
Lower Stratton - Swindon & District League Division One
Swindon Centurians - Swindon & District League Division One
The Regent - Swindon & District League Division One
Potterne - Trowbridge & District League Division Two
Rainford United - West Cheshire League Division Three 

Edited by AhMostyn
additional logos identified and added to pack

@Dan BHTFC- don't know if you need/want any feedback on the db (and it may relate to stuff you've already found and fixed) but here it is anyway :cool::

Stadiums with no name:
2000084694 - East Villa play here
2000084689 - Nunsthorpe Tavern play here
2000085720 - AFC Brislington Reserves play here
2000085842 - Ryan play here
2000085931 - Hindley Juniors play here

Foreground/Background colours clash (at least on the Flut skin):
Spittal Rovers seems to be black on black

Stadiums with no city showing in game (but set in editor, so may be a bug with the game):
2000084727 - Indian Gymkhana Sports Club
2000084731 - London Marathon Community Track
2000085699 - Birmingham County Football Association

Keep up the good work - much appreciated.

28 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Logos / Cities for level 13 (plus some tidying up/filling in of some missing graphics) - here

If you've already downloaded the main packs (see post from 10th April above) then you only need to download this, extract the files and copy/paste the 000.English Logos and Backgrounds folder over the one already installed (say yes to any questions about overwriting existing files) - as before, you may need to walkthrough the instructions in the Excel file to ensure alignment of logos to ids. Any issues - drop me a message & I'll try and help (as & when I get time).

If you haven't downloaded the main packs yet, then the you'll need to do this first followed by the update (when I can juggle some space on my host, I'll update the core packs with all the level 13 amendments).

For info, I can't find the following 29 team logos so they won't be in-game:

AFC Lions Golds - Aylesbury & District League Premier Division
AFC Broadwater - Brighton, Worthing & District League Division One
AFC Fernhurst - Brighton, Worthing & District League Division One
St Marys - Brighton, Worthing & District League Division One
Ludford Rovers - East Lincolnshire Football Combination Division One
Springfield - Middlesex County League Division One North & West
Starlight - Middlesex County League Division One North & West
College Wanderers - Scunthorpe & District League Division One
Crosby Colts - Scunthorpe & District League Division One
Wheatley Hill WMC - Wearside League Second Division
FC Titans - Aylesbury & District League Division One
Renegades - Basingstoke & District Saturday League Division One
TwentyTen - Basingstoke & District Saturday League Division One
Cresconians - Birmingham & District League Division One
Naija FC - Birmingham & District League Division One
Ashover - Hope Valley Amateur League Premier Division
ECS - Isle of Wight Saturday League Division One
Bluecoat - Liverpool Premier League Second Division
CT66 - Mid-Essex League Premier Division
Ballers - Nottinghamshire Senior League Division Two North
FC Mansfield - Nottinghamshire Senior League Division Two North
AC United - Nottinghamshire Senior League Division Two South
DC Auto Repairs - Plymouth & West Devon League Division One
Tavistock Rovers - Plymouth & West Devon League Division One
Lower Stratton - Swindon & District League Division One
Swindon Centurians - Swindon & District League Division One
The Regent - Swindon & District League Division One
Potterne - Trowbridge & District League Division Two
Rainford United - West Cheshire League Division Three 

did you try google wiki ahmostyn

29 minutes ago, Andrew Price said:

AZww2jk6_400x400.jpeg.633903a893ad1e0b5282096150f88db9.jpeg

Trust me, I've looked (and gone as far in some instances as snipping a teeny-tiny logo from a match photo to use) - of those you've highlighted:

Broadwater FC (who play on a Sunday) not AFC Broadwater unfortunately

Fernhurst FC (Haslemere) not AFC Fernhurst (Goring-by-Sea)

St Mary's is from Ireland rather than Worthing

Springfield is from the Essex team of the same name not the one in Middlesex

Ballers FC is from a London club not the one based in Nottingham

The AC United one is from Australia rather than Nottingham

Regent FC logo is from Liverpool instead of Swindon

Rainford FC logo appears to be an Asian team rather than West Cheshire

Edited by AhMostyn

2 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Trust me, I've looked (and gone as far in some instances as snipping a teeny-tiny logo from a match photo to use) - of those you've highlighted:

Broadwater FC (who play on a Sunday) not AFC Broadwater unfortunately

Fernhurst FC (Haslemere) not AFC Fernhurst (Goring-by-Sea)

St Mary's is from Ireland rather than Worthing

Springfield is from the Essex team of the same name not the one in Middlesex

Ballers FC is from a London club not the one based in Nottingham

The AC United one is from Australia rather than Nottingham

i will try have look for anymore if i can

17 minutes ago, Andrew Price said:

ecs-fc-150.png

I'm unsure on this - I know it appears on the footballgroundmap.com website for the Isle of Wight league  - but searching further shows it to be the logo of Emerald City Supporters FC

9 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

I'm unsure on this - I know it appears on the footballgroundmap.com website for the Isle of Wight league  - but searching further shows it to be the logo of Emerald City Supporters FC

just checked it is the logo m8

11 minutes ago, Andrew Price said:

just checked it is the logo m8

Have you got a link please? 

The Sandown website has photos of Sandown v East Cowes Sports & the logo is indistinct but has a crown above the main part of the badge

6 minutes ago, Andrew Price said:

Nope - they've picked what they've been able to find on the internet rather than the actual badge, which appears to be as follows (but probably too small for me to cut but will give it a go later) from an IOW photographer on Facebook:

image.png.38d0de254abf6f456805bab403f02fe1.png