Cant progress after post game team talk

Weiss

Hey.

Hoping someone can help. I know there is a bug preventing progression with the continue button on the top right, after your post game team talk when your back at the match pitch view with highlights (attached photo).

The only way for me to progress is to hit delete to return to the team talk, then when I click continue I am prompt that I will be walking out of the team talk without addressing the players. This results in a morale drop after the game.

I have tried the steps mentioned in the stacked post, removing add-on graphics (I have a logo pack, 2D and 3D kits applied), then reset preferences and cache. But I run into the same issue. I have also started a whole new game, and run into the issue on every match. 

At this point it simply isn't worth playing if I am getting morale drops after every game.

I am running on MAC on a second monitor - also removed the second monitor and played a game on just the Mac and still ran into the same issue.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 1.02.02 AM.png

• SI Staff

Sorry you're getting this guys

Do either of you have saves from before the match where you got stuck? It will help us investigate & sort this

Would also be helpful to know if you did anything specific before this point... thinking along the lines of if you had any inductions you backed out from, or if you left the main match screen to look around the usual tactics screen, stuff like that.

More information would be good if possible, thanks your patience with this 

19 minutes ago, Craig G83 said:

I have the exact same issue. I have removed the download and tried again to no avail.... and to make matters worse you can’t save until you’re past this part. Literally can’t play the game any further until this is sorted

Gutted. I am super stoked for FM, cause what I have been able to experience is great. But at this point it will just sit collecting dust until its patched. 

19 minutes ago, Tony Garvey said:

Do either of you have saves from before the match where you got stuck? It will help us investigate & sort this

Would also be helpful to know if you did anything specific before this point... thinking along the lines of if you had any inductions you backed out from, or if you left the main match screen to look around the usual tactics screen, stuff like that.

Hey Tony - 

Uploaded my file to the SI Cloud service.

Up until that match I had taken all inductions and press conferences prior to the match. During the match I went back and forth from the tactics screen, making subs, viewing analytics and other info related to that match but never leaving the match. Completed all team talks as well.

Hope the file helps. Seen a few others experiencing the bug so at least it isn't isolated.

1 hour ago, Tony Garvey said:

Nothing out of the ordinary, just subs... each time I try again from the saved file, I get through to the same point and no further

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Weiss said:

Hey Tony - 

Uploaded my file to the SI Cloud service.

Up until that match I had taken all inductions and press conferences prior to the match. During the match I went back and forth from the tactics screen, making subs, viewing analytics and other info related to that match but never leaving the match. Completed all team talks as well.

Hope the file helps. Seen a few others experiencing the bug so at least it isn't isolated.

No worries, cheers for the info, sounds like you were just having a normal game up until this happened...

What's the save called? A few got uploaded around the same time as you posted this... 

1 minute ago, Craig G83 said:

Nothing out of the ordinary, just subs... each time I try again from the saved file, I get through to the same point and no further

Any chance of that save and I'll take a look? :)

1 minute ago, Tony Garvey said:

No worries, cheers for the info, sounds like you were just having a normal game up until this happened...

... what is the save called? :) (a few people have uploaded a save at the same time - if it has your name in just give me a rough idea so I know which one)

Was loving it till then (great job btw)

I named the file 'BrokenContinue After Match'.

I have experienced this as well but think have found a solution. After talking specifically to defenders, midfielders and attackers go to tactics page from left bottom of the page and then try to continue. It will work. When there stadium image is stuck on the screen use left arrow on the keyboard to go back.

Edited by CM

1 hour ago, CM said:

I have experienced this as well but think have found a solution. After talking specifically to defenders, midfielders and attackers go to tactics page from left bottom of the page and then try to continue. It will work. When there stadium image is stuck on the screen use left arrow on the keyboard to go back.

Do you get a prompt saying that you will be walking out without addressing the team? Basically storming out?

30 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Do you get a prompt saying that you will be walking out without addressing the team? Basically storming out?

Yes I get something after that but did not pay attention what appeared on the screen tbh. 

Edited by CM

I’m having the exact same problem, sometimes the continue button works and other times it doesn’t but when it doesn’t I have to exit game and replay the whole match again, just had to replay a match 3 times and still didn’t work so I’ve gave up now, worked all day yesterday completely fine, this only started happening from around 3pm today. 

• SI Staff

Hey guys,

When you get stuck, can you tell me what in-game actions you are taking at the end of a match?

EG, the match ends - you give a team talk, is it to the whole room, then defenders, midfield, then individuals?
Do you go to Tactics at any point here?

8 minutes ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey guys,

When you get stuck, can you tell me what in-game actions you are taking at the end of a match?

EG, the match ends - you give a team talk, is it to the whole room, then defenders, midfield, then individuals?

Match ends team talk to entire team then space bar works fine. 

When you decide to talk to your players (defenders, midfield, indivifual) after that and use space bar it gets stuck. Then you've got to left arrow and then tactics and continue. Only way I've found so far. 

I found the answer to the problem. It's the media thing at the end of a match that causes it. If you click continue on the team talk and then click it quickly again. It skips the media (fan reactions) post game. Which causes a bug where you can't continue. You have to wait after clicking the continue once you've finished the team talk. Hope that helps

6 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey guys,

Hey Tony

In my instance. I go to the team talk - do a full team talk, then defenders, midfield, then attack. Then hit continue. That takes me to the pitch view, to which continue no longer works.

• SI Staff

Cheers guys, more info always helps us figure out what's going wrong :)

There are a couple issues in this area, today's hotfix tried to improve things with this.

The "highlights panel" issue isn't fully sorted yet (I'm keeping an eye on it daily at this point), so can't promise anything, but some changes have been made would be interested to know how you get on after this update has downloaded....

4 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

Cheers guys, more info always helps us figure out what's going wrong :)

There are a couple issues in this area, today's hotfix tried to improve things with this.

The "highlights panel" issue isn't fully sorted yet (I'm keeping an eye on it daily at this point), so can't promise anything, but some changes have been made would be interested to know how you get on after this update has downloaded....

Played a few games and it seems to be bak on track! I see that the media page tries to pop up when I hit continue on the pitch view. But I guess it immediately disappears cause I am managing a lower league team and no-one cares much at that level.

Cheers for investigating and to the team for the *fingers crossed* fix!