[FM21] Isle of Man Complete Database (2 Divisions + Cups + Internationals) NOW RELEASED

spacer.png

With the editor bugs putting a halt to my Wales file, I've decided to turn my attention towards my Isle of Man file from last year, hopefully with more content and updates than last year!

Download DB Here

Club Crests Here

Post-release Roadmap

• Real players added to all teams
  • Kit pack created
  • In-depth histories for clubs and competitions
  • Integration with English lower-league database

How to Play

1) Download the file from the above link and place in your Editor Data folder (usually at Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\editor data) If the Editor Data folder doesn't exist, create it.

2) Open Football Manager 2021 and start a new career. In the top-right, make sure Isle of Man 1.0 is ticked. Then click Advanced Setup.

3) From the list of nations, ensure Isle of Man is ticked. I recommend also playing with at least England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland loaded to encourage transfers and player population.

4) I also recommend ticking Add Players to Playable Teams for now, as many teams do not have players. Also untick Do Not Add Key Staff, as this will add staff members to teams who have none.

5) To add crests, download the above .zip folder and extract the IoM Crests folder to this location: Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\logos (if the graphics\logos folder doesn't exist, create it). Then go into Preferences in-game, click Clear Cache in the bottom-left and Reload Skin in the bottom-right. Crests should then be viewable in-game.

Then you're done and ready to play! If anything is unclear, or you have any further questions, feel free to ask them in the thread.

FAQ/Disclaimers

"Why do all Isle of Man players have English second nationality?"

The local region of all Isle of Man towns is set as North-West England, as Douglas is set as this by default. It is also the most accurate setting. If there's enough interest, I'll create a standalone Isle of Man file

"Will this database work with [insert other user DB here]"

In short, I don't know. I edit Ireland (Pre-1922) to create the Isle of Man so there may be conflicts if other files do the same. Also, files that edit European qualification will likely not work. However, the file should work with 99% of league/data updates. If you spot any conflicts, let me know.

"Why is X player a striker? I know him irl and he's a winger"

I have no knowledge of the players or staff of the Isle of Man league, so often I'll guess or leave information blank as long as it doesn't affect the game balance. Feel free to contact me about any mistakes you spot.

NOTE:  This file is mine and mine alone. If it is uploaded elsewhere without my permission, I will have it removed.

Edited by Rainbowz
2 minutes ago, davenumber40 said:

This looks like a really interesting project. Are you planning on replacing an existing nation in Europe to make the international/continental competitions work?

I'm replacing an extinct nation in the DB (Ireland Pre-1922 I believe) and moving Kazakhstan to Asia, which frees up a spot in Europe which Isle of Man then slots into. It'll take a bit of tweaking, but it worked last year so I'm confident of it working again this year.

3 hours ago, kahuna399 said:

I for one am delighted your doing this again :) and with the FC Isle of man in the actual game this year, should this be combined with and english lower league database it will make a great build a nation

Hopefully there's a workable England file available this year. This DB should have plenty even without it though

If anyone has any experience with adding nations to European competitions, please let me know. I thought I knew a fix, but it's proving harder than expected to enter Isle of Man into the Nations League and Euros.

Credit will of course be given to anyone who can help.

• Rainbowz changed the title to [WIP][FM21] Isle of Man Complete Database (2 Divisions + Cups + Internationals)

I'll 100% give this a go.

I spent all of FM18 playing with a create-a-team of the the Isle of Man FC (replacing Barrow).

I wanted to use as many local players as possible, but I only produced two youth players worth first team football and they were both poached by bigger clubs. then after getting into the Prem I couldn't improve the facilities quickly enough to keep up to the required standard.

On the Beta I did the same as a test

Made some big progress, I'd call the file "playable" now, all of the groundwork is done, it's just the international qualification that's the sticking point. If someone could take a look at it, I'd be extremely grateful.

8 minutes ago, Carninho said:

I'll 100% give this a go.

I spent all of FM18 playing with a create-a-team of the the Isle of Man FC (replacing Barrow).

I wanted to use as many local players as possible, but I only produced two youth players worth first team football and they were both poached by bigger clubs. then after getting into the Prem I couldn't improve the facilities quickly enough to keep up to the required standard.

On the Beta I did the same as a test

Hopefully it should be ready to play soon. Having FC Isle of Man playable may take a while, as I need to wait for the English Lower League DB to be created.

International qualifying is done! Massive shoutout to krlenjushka for sorting that out.

Also, if anyone has any Isle of Man football knowledge, especially about players/staff, PM me please as I'll be fleshing out the database real soon.

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM21] Isle of Man Complete Database (2 Divisions + Cups + Internationals) NOW RELEASED
13 minutes ago, kieko1986 said:

i used this last season and it was brilliant glad to see it back

Thanks, I've kept pretty much everything the same as last year, so it should play very similarly.

i know its nothing specifically to do with your database, but does anyone know if its possible to use this under the 'create a club' option?

I can only see it when i create a new standard game (where it did look good by the way :) :thup:)

4 minutes ago, Carninho said:

i know its nothing specifically to do with your database, but does anyone know if its possible to use this under the 'create a club' option?

I can only see it when i create a new standard game (where it did look good by the way :) :thup:)

Custom files aren't supported in the Create a Club mode, unfortunately.

Drop me a PM of what you're wanting and I'll see if I can set up a custom file for you to use.