[FM21] Isle of Man Complete Database - UPDATED FOR 21.4 (Now with English Pyramid Integration!)

spacer.png

With the editor bugs putting a halt to my Wales file, I've decided to turn my attention towards my Isle of Man file from last year, hopefully with more content and updates than last year!

Download DB Here

Club Crests Here

Massive thanks to Monsi9958 for getting the DB working again!

How to Play

1) Download the files from the above link and place in your Editor Data folder (usually at Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\editor data) If the Editor Data folder doesn't exist, create it.

2) Open Football Manager 2021 and start a new career. In the top-right, make sure Isle of Man and Isle of Man NL are ticked. Then click Advanced Setup. (NOTE: This DB NEEDS both files to work)

3) From the list of nations, ensure Isle of Man is ticked. I recommend also playing with at least England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland loaded to encourage transfers and player population.

4) I also recommend ticking Add Players to Playable Teams for now, as many teams do not have players. Also untick Do Not Add Key Staff, as this will add staff members to teams who have none.

5) To add crests, download the above .zip folder and extract the IoM Crests folder to this location: Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\logos (if the graphics\logos folder doesn't exist, create it). Then go into Preferences in-game, click Clear Cache in the bottom-left and Reload Skin in the bottom-right. Crests should then be viewable in-game.

Then you're done and ready to play! If anything is unclear, or you have any further questions, feel free to ask them in the thread.

How to Play with FC Isle of Man in England

1) Follow the above steps to get my database file working, along with the England lower league file of your choice (I recommend Dan's file available here)

2) Ensure that you have down to the 10th tier of England loaded, where FC Isle of Man play

3) That's it! Once you start the game, FC Isle of Man should be correctly based in the Isle of Man. You'll know it's worked if their generated/greyed out players have Isle of Man as a nationality.

FAQ/Disclaimers

"Why do all Isle of Man players have English second nationality?"

The local region of all Isle of Man towns is set as North-West England, as Douglas is set as this by default. It is also the most accurate setting. If there's enough interest, I'll create a standalone Isle of Man file

"Will this database work with [insert other user DB here]"

In short, I don't know. I edit Ireland (Pre-1922) to create the Isle of Man so there may be conflicts if other files do the same. Also, files that edit European qualification will likely not work. However, the file should work with 99% of league/data updates. If you spot any conflicts, let me know.

"Why is X player a striker? I know him irl and he's a winger"

I have no knowledge of the players or staff of the Isle of Man league, so often I'll guess or leave information blank as long as it doesn't affect the game balance. Feel free to contact me about any mistakes you spot.

Known Issues

"Manx players only generate at Manx clubs, unlike Gibraltarian/other UK territory players which randomly appear at English clubs"

I have no idea why this is the case. I think in the case of base-game nations, it's hardcoded into the game that they'll pop up in English clubs intakes and there's no way of editing that. If it's possible, please let me know.

"Players don't seem to transfer in and out of the Isle of Man leagues"

Again, another issue I can't seem to solve. I've tried messing with the transfer preferences of England and Isle of Man, but they just never seem to want to transfer between each other until a Manx club goes professional. I think it's due to low reputation and low CA/PA from Manx players, but even amateur clubs in England never seem to buy players. If anyone has a solution for this, please let me know

NOTE:  This file is mine and mine alone. If it is uploaded elsewhere without my permission, I will have it removed.

Edited by Rainbowz

2 minutes ago, davenumber40 said:

This looks like a really interesting project. Are you planning on replacing an existing nation in Europe to make the international/continental competitions work?

I'm replacing an extinct nation in the DB (Ireland Pre-1922 I believe) and moving Kazakhstan to Asia, which frees up a spot in Europe which Isle of Man then slots into. It'll take a bit of tweaking, but it worked last year so I'm confident of it working again this year.

3 hours ago, kahuna399 said:

I for one am delighted your doing this again :) and with the FC Isle of man in the actual game this year, should this be combined with and english lower league database it will make a great build a nation

Hopefully there's a workable England file available this year. This DB should have plenty even without it though

If anyone has any experience with adding nations to European competitions, please let me know. I thought I knew a fix, but it's proving harder than expected to enter Isle of Man into the Nations League and Euros.

Credit will of course be given to anyone who can help.

• Rainbowz changed the title to [WIP][FM21] Isle of Man Complete Database (2 Divisions + Cups + Internationals)

I'll 100% give this a go.

I spent all of FM18 playing with a create-a-team of the the Isle of Man FC (replacing Barrow).

I wanted to use as many local players as possible, but I only produced two youth players worth first team football and they were both poached by bigger clubs. then after getting into the Prem I couldn't improve the facilities quickly enough to keep up to the required standard.

On the Beta I did the same as a test

Made some big progress, I'd call the file "playable" now, all of the groundwork is done, it's just the international qualification that's the sticking point. If someone could take a look at it, I'd be extremely grateful.

8 minutes ago, Carninho said:

I'll 100% give this a go.

I spent all of FM18 playing with a create-a-team of the the Isle of Man FC (replacing Barrow).

I wanted to use as many local players as possible, but I only produced two youth players worth first team football and they were both poached by bigger clubs. then after getting into the Prem I couldn't improve the facilities quickly enough to keep up to the required standard.

On the Beta I did the same as a test

Hopefully it should be ready to play soon. Having FC Isle of Man playable may take a while, as I need to wait for the English Lower League DB to be created.

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM21] Isle of Man Complete Database (2 Divisions + Cups + Internationals) NOW RELEASED
13 minutes ago, kieko1986 said:

i used this last season and it was brilliant glad to see it back

Thanks, I've kept pretty much everything the same as last year, so it should play very similarly.

i know its nothing specifically to do with your database, but does anyone know if its possible to use this under the 'create a club' option?

I can only see it when i create a new standard game (where it did look good by the way :) :thup:)

4 minutes ago, Carninho said:

i know its nothing specifically to do with your database, but does anyone know if its possible to use this under the 'create a club' option?

I can only see it when i create a new standard game (where it did look good by the way :) :thup:)

Custom files aren't supported in the Create a Club mode, unfortunately.

Drop me a PM of what you're wanting and I'll see if I can set up a custom file for you to use.

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, kahuna399 said:

Hey @RainbowzIs there any up to date working version of your DB ?

Unfortunately not, I tried to update it but I keep getting errors that make no sense. I asked around if anyone could take a look but got no replies, so it's dead in the water I'm afraid.

6 hours ago, kahuna399 said:

I tried to fix it myself and it makes no sense. :(

Yeah, it says the nations are incorrect, but they aren't. Tried hours of various fixes, but nothing works. The editor is a joke this year, so many stupid database-breaking bugs for no reason.

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM21] Isle of Man Complete Database (2 Divisions + Cups + Internationals) EDITOR ISSUE - HELP NEEDED

Your file works with basic rules. I have tested it and it works. You should save it with an another name. If you do that, you will need another file with an edited Nations League.

The other solution is to integrate FIFA WC Qualification - UEFA in your file. But it's more complicated. You should ask Krlenjushka for this.

Edited by Monsi9958

Here is a file with "Pre-Ireland" instead of Kazakhstan in Nations League C. You will have to use 2 files instead of 1 to start a new game with your created nation.

I have used this method for Brittany, and it works.

Don't forget to make the 2 tests in the editor with your main file, because it's compulsory now. If you want, you could put the Isle of Man in League D instead of C.

NL Isle of Man.fmf

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM21] Isle of Man Complete Database - UPDATED FOR 21.4 (Now with English Pyramid Integration!)
On 19/04/2021 at 12:31, Monsi9958 said:

Here is a file with "Pre-Ireland" instead of Kazakhstan in Nations League C. You will have to use 2 files instead of 1 to start a new game with your created nation.

I have used this method for Brittany, and it works.

Don't forget to make the 2 tests in the editor with your main file, because it's compulsory now. If you want, you could put the Isle of Man in League D instead of C.

NL Isle of Man.fmf 17.46 kB · 3 downloads

Sorry I didn't get back to you, amazing. I've edited the OP to include the working file. Thanks so much!

Going to do some experimentation regarding transfers when using a lower league English database. It's pretty frustrating that players aren't transferring as frequently as I'd like. If anyone has any solutions to this, please let me know. Messing with the transfer preferences for each nation doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm also trying to stimulate Manx regens randomly coming through UK clubs like Gibraltar does, but can't seem to get that working. Any advice here would be appreciated too.

2 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

I'm also trying to stimulate Manx regens randomly coming through UK clubs like Gibraltar does, but can't seem to get that working. Any advice here would be appreciated too.

I'm no expert on the Editor and such, but would the fact you are using a defunct nation to create Isle of Man be a reason behind transfers and regens not working as intended?  Maybe a hard coded effect that you can't change?

33 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I'm no expert on the Editor and such, but would the fact you are using a defunct nation to create Isle of Man be a reason behind transfers and regens not working as intended?  Maybe a hard coded effect that you can't change?

Thing is it's not impossible for it to happen, but it seems to be a rare occurrence. If there was absolutely 0 AI activity, I could nail that as the cause but the fact that it does happen, but like 1 player every few years baffles me.

I also tested a Crimea database that I never released which was based on my Isle of Man DB, and there was constantly transfer activity between Crimea, Russia and Ukraine, mainly Crimean teams buying. It's just got me stumped.

20 hours ago, J-Hood said:

did anyone ever make kits for this database?

Not that I'm aware of. I thought about doing it myself but I'm spending more time on the data aspect of the database at the moment.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Bristol CityFC1981 said:

Hi do clubs ever go semi pro and then eventually pro?

Yeah, after a club's finances reach a certain amount, they can go semi-pro, then professional.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, kieko1986 said:

Great DB but I cant seem to find Ireland pre 22 flag to change it to the isle of man flag anybody know where it is to change it

Thanks! 52024163 is the ID for the nation, so search for that in the folder

Edited by Rainbowz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2021 at 15:31, kahuna399 said:

So what's current standing with this database? I'd love to give build a nation a go with this, by managing fc isle of man In England and the Manx nation too

Not sure what you mean, it's fully working. You just need this file and any lower league England file that goes down to FC Isle of Man's league. When they're loaded at the same time, it should make FC Isle of Man generate Manx players.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2021 at 15:04, Rainbowz said:

Not sure what you mean, it's fully working. You just need this file and any lower league England file that goes down to FC Isle of Man's league. When they're loaded at the same time, it should make FC Isle of Man generate Manx players.

As in If I manage FC Isle of Man and Isle of Man nation will The nation be in the euro's and Wc ?

1 hour ago, kahuna399 said:

As in If I manage FC Isle of Man and Isle of Man nation will The nation be in the euro's and Wc ?

Yep. I've moved Kazakhstan to Asia in the DB, so Isle of Man take their European qualifying spots.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2021 at 10:34, kahuna399 said:

Out of curiosity, will you do this for 22? I feel it's too late to get stuck know this now.

I'd love to get into this early fm22 see can I build up the club and country

Yeah, more than likely. Depends how the editor is tbh, but I'll definitely give it a go.

• 1 month later...