Help making Brexit editor file

https://community.sigames.com/topic/501385-if-you-want-to-use-the-advanced-rules-the-first-time-read-this-thread-and-dont-forget-to-make-backups/

Stumbled on this thread, which describes how to modify an unverfied file so it will load, but am apparantly too thick to understand it.

Removed brext.  Saved file (noBrexit.fmf).  Exported as xml.  Can find several lines with 'verf=/' in, but not the one that starts verf=true (or false).

Seems in principle like an easy way to make the no brexit change, since the default database obviously works with no brexit to at lease 01 Jan 2021.

Can anyone explain how to make the 'verf' change?

There is one on the Steam workshop already.
The problem is that the files will not verify due to league issues, the guy on the workshop has bought Bury back from the dead and promoted a couple of other teams just to get Brexit working. I played with it last night and swapped a team around so its working, just a real mess around. 
Last year you simply had to advanced nation rules agreement and untick a box ( in principle its the same this year but made a whole load harder by the fact the leagues rules are an utter mess)

I think all we can do here is sit tight and wait for SI to fix the underlying issue of default nation rules failing to verify. 

The hacked methods are nice for being able to test but I wouldn't want to start a longterm save with a workshop mod that hacks its way around a bug.

49 minutes ago, BedeviledEgg said:

I think all we can do here is sit tight and wait for SI to fix the underlying issue of default nation rules failing to verify. 

The hacked methods are nice for being able to test but I wouldn't want to start a longterm save with a workshop mod that hacks its way around a bug.

And play when?february? we wait all this time until end of november in order to play a proper save on february until may ? and after that lose interest?

is it worth the money we spend?

29 minutes ago, metalhead765 said:

And play when?february? we wait all this time until end of november in order to play a proper save on february until may ? and after that lose interest?

is it worth the money we spend?

The game just came out on Tuesday and they've already released 2 hotfixes since then. Chill out and play something else for a week and by then it'll probably be fixed.

I think I'm going to mess around casually with a lower tier German league save until the bugs get fixed, personally.

7 hours ago, BedeviledEgg said:

The game just came out on Tuesday and they've already released 2 hotfixes since then. Chill out and play something else for a week and by then it'll probably be fixed.

I think I'm going to mess around casually with a lower tier German league save until the bugs get fixed, personally.

I just think that it's a strict decision that shouldnt exist in the first place. Also i dont know if they would like to change it in order to keep it 100% realistic .

5 hours ago, DominicForza said:

Wouldn't using standard editor  England>Relationships>Nations Treated as Non-Foreign>Add>Agreement>European Union effectively work?

Brexit would still happen as hard coded, but EU players would still be "non-foreign."

Did anyone tried this? 
brexit totally ruined my save with my league two champions side Leyton Orient :( 

I made the change but it's annoying to test, I don't know how to look and confirm if Brexit happened so you have to get the email about it and if you vacation it'll be missed.

Here's the file if anyone wants to try testing it. I also added the European Free Trade Agreement to Nations Treated as Non-Foreign, and I did those changes to England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland.

EDIT: Don't use this, now that the editor bug is patched I posted a clean Brexit remover below.

Nullify Brexit 0.1.fmf

Edited by BedeviledEgg
Editor was patched, crude fix no longer needed.
On 29/11/2020 at 21:30, BedeviledEgg said:

I made the change but it's annoying to test, I don't know how to look and confirm if Brexit happened so you have to get the email about it and if you vacation it'll be missed.

Here's the file if anyone wants to try testing it. I also added the European Free Trade Agreement to Nations Treated as Non-Foreign, and I did those changes to England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland.

Nullify Brexit 0.1.fmf 15.18 kB · 1 download

I've just tried this. Didn't bother waiting for the email and just went on holiday until Jan. I took over Forest and could sign europeans but not any others from what I could see. And the lower league under 18 leagues seem to be working with this. The brexit file on the steam workshop breaks them for the lower leagues.

2 hours ago, mishy said:

I've just tried this. Didn't bother waiting for the email and just went on holiday until Jan.

Well you can't be sure Brexit happened then, in the game there is only an 85% chance of it happening for 2021.

Anyway the new 21.1.3 patch seems to have fixed the rule validation error for me so it's now possible to just simply and cleanly remove Brexit altogether and it will validate. Here's a mod for those who can't be bothered to do it themselves or don't know how to.

Simple Brexit Remover.fmf

9 minutes ago, derby68_68 said:

Sorry to sound like a dumbass but how do I install that ? 

Put that Brexit Remover file in your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\editor data directory.

Then start a new game and click the Database at the top right and make sure that the Brexit Remover editor data file is checked.

Unfortunately you have to start a new game to use this, it can't be applied to an existing save.

On 03/12/2020 at 00:47, BedeviledEgg said:

Well you can't be sure Brexit happened then, in the game there is only an 85% chance of it happening for 2021.

Anyway the new 21.1.3 patch seems to have fixed the rule validation error for me so it's now possible to just simply and cleanly remove Brexit altogether and it will validate. Here's a mod for those who can't be bothered to do it themselves or don't know how to.

Simple Brexit Remover.fmf 41.44 kB · 13 downloads

Thanks for this so much!! been looking for a simple brexit remover after the patch.

On 02/12/2020 at 16:47, BedeviledEgg said:

Simple Brexit Remover.fmf 41.44 kB · 17 downloads

i've no idea if it's due to this brexit file but my assistant manager isn't arranging any friendlies for any of my age groups at all. just wondered if you've experienced the same thing? can't see how the 2 can be related but thought i'd ask anyway as i've never had this issue before :D

4 hours ago, agreed said:

i've no idea if it's due to this brexit file but my assistant manager isn't arranging any friendlies for any of my age groups at all. just wondered if you've experienced the same thing? can't see how the 2 can be related but thought i'd ask anyway as i've never had this issue before :D

No sorry I don't think that's related. I'm not using this patch but I'm using a similar one I made that works the exact same way and I don't have that issue, my guys are scheduling friendlies normally.

11 hours ago, BedeviledEgg said:

No sorry I don't think that's related. I'm not using this patch but I'm using a similar one I made that works the exact same way and I don't have that issue, my guys are scheduling friendlies normally.

ah cool no worries. like i said it seems a bit farfetched to be related to a small database change but thought i'd ask anyway. still not sure why it's happening though but it's driving me insane! thanks anyway