On 24/11/2020 at 18:43, DanielHopkins18 said:

For some reason, If a player with dual Nationality plays in the Nations League, it isn't counted as a competitive Cap when it should do. Can this get fixed please.

Hi @DanielHopkins18

Tried to reproduce this but seems to working for me. Are you able to upload a save game showing the issue?

Additionally, who are you managing and which players has this impacted?

Cheers,
Dan

15 hours ago, DanielHopkins18 said:

For some reason its not allowing me to load a save game but I've sent this picture of Morgan Fox, played for Wales in the Nations league but still shows he can play for England

Football Manager.JPG

Hi @DanielHopkins18

Thanks- worked out what you mean now and have logged the issue for the dev team to review.

Cheers,
Dan

• James Finnerty changed the title to https://community.sigames.com/topic/539001-international-caps/International Caps
  • James Finnerty changed the title to International Caps
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @DanielHopkins18,

Sorry to hear the issue makes the game unplayable for you. 

Unfortunately, I can only say this is being looked into by the Devs at this stage. 

We'll be working hard to get this turned around but can't put an estimate on this currently. 

Is it blocking progress of the game at all, or is it a case that you find the issue sufficient enough to not want to continue yourself?

Thanks,

Tom

On 17/12/2020 at 09:46, Thomas Hardy said:

Hi @DanielHopkins18,

Unfortunately, I can only say this is being looked into by the Devs at this stage. 

We'll be working hard to get this turned around but can't put an estimate on this currently. 

Is it blocking progress of the game at all, or is it a case that you find the issue sufficient enough to not want to continue yourself?

Thanks,

Tom

No worries at all.

No not stopping me going further, its just I'm an international manager and interrupts a lot.

• 1 month later...
On 17/12/2020 at 09:46, Thomas Hardy said:

Hi @DanielHopkins18,

Thanks,

Tom

Any update on this? Only 3 months remaining in the season and its still not fixed see :(

• 2 weeks later...

Erm... I suspect this might actually be working as intended, at least in some cases.

I don't know if you're aware, but last September, FIFA made a slight change to the eligibility rules.

Fifa's annual congress has approved a rule change which will give players greater scope to switch national teams.

Players can now switch if they have played no more than three competitive matches at senior level prior to them turning 21.

Appearances in World Cup finals matches or continental finals such as the European Championships would prohibit a change of eligibility.

However, appearing in a tournament qualifier would not.

So yes, simply playing in a World Cup qualifier might not necessarily prevent a player from changing nationality. As long as they haven't played in a major tournament (or in FOUR competitive international before their 21st birthday), they can still switch.

On a test save I ran yesterday, Folarin Balogun played for the USA in a Gold Cup qualifier, but he remained eligible for England and Nigeria. Balogun didn't formally declare for the USA until he played in the Gold Cup finals the following summer, so it looks like this new rule has been implemented in FM21.

I'm not sure about the Morgan Fox situation, though. Obviously, Fox didn't play for either England or Wales before turning 21, so as I see it, his first competitive appearance for Wales should declare him for Wales (unless I've misinterpreted something). But perhaps FM's interpretation of the new rule might be ignoring the age criteria and will instead simply declare a player for a nation once they play their fourth competitive international for them. If Fox has played in four competitive matches (or in one major tournament match) for Wales but is still eligible for England, that would definitely be a bug.

But the thing is, it's very difficult for SI to fix bugs by simply going off screenshots. People really need to be uploading save files to the SI Cloud Service (as explained by @Daniel Wells above) if they want these kinds of bugs to be addressed.

Edited by CFuller