• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/11/2020 at 17:42, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Base21 Skin

base21_1.thumb.jpg.6746565fb23c85f0c68781ac5ee622be.jpg 

@michaeltmurrayuk I've made a couple of tweaks to the dark theme thanks to your files, but im unable to locate what defines the purple colour of one of the buttons. 

Its the one in the top right corner in the screenshot below, NEXT to the play button, the down-arrow one which brings up the media & home buttons. Its rgb(74,20,140) and that doesnt appear in the settings.xml file and even a search through every document for '74,20,140' brought no results. 

ugly_purple_button.jpg.5a747a30bb744aa405b1e0a066211712.jpg

If you or anyone else knows what needs to be accessed/modified to change this buttons colour, i'd greatly appreciate it.  I hate having to ask for help, but its been a good 3-4hrs just stuck on this specific aspect, as it looks horrible when its one of the few remnants of the original theme and all the other purple is gone. Im kinda surprised that with the extractor, db editor, and in-game editor, there isnt a skinning tool which matches the game but contains none of the game engine aspects, just a lightweight tool to help make adjustments on the fly. Even enabling a 'clear skin cache' button at the top of the page into the would help save time going through menus.

@PaulC2K You need to find the panel "match continue panel". Within this panel search for "purple 900" and you will find this code:

<!--the dropdown-->
        <widget class="widget_popup_button" width="37" height="50" id="popu" popup_alignment="right,bottom" widget_type="match_playback_control_container" appearance="buttons/custom/match/play/button" secondary_icon_alignment="centre" default_focus="false" red_replacement="purple 900">
            <record id="modal_popup_properties" file="modal popup panel auto sized" darkened="false" />
        </widget>

Change the bit I've highlighted in blue to the rgb colour of choice and it should work.

*Attached the default panel which you can edit in case your skin does not have it already, not sure if it will let you download it though. If not use the resource archiver and exract the panels. It then goes into panels -> match

match continue panel.xml

Edited by Jamieashbourne999

6 hours ago, Jamieashbourne999 said:

@PaulC2K You need to find the panel "match continue panel". Within this panel search for "purple 900" and you will find this code:

<!--the dropdown-->
        <widget class="widget_popup_button" width="37" height="50" id="popu" popup_alignment="right,bottom" widget_type="match_playback_control_container" appearance="buttons/custom/match/play/button" secondary_icon_alignment="centre" default_focus="false" red_replacement="purple 900">
            <record id="modal_popup_properties" file="modal popup panel auto sized" darkened="false" />
        </widget>

Change the bit I've highlighted in blue to the rgb colour of choice and it should work.

*Attached the default panel which you can edit in case your skin does not have it already, not sure if it will let you download it though. If not use the resource archiver and exract the panels. It then goes into panels -> match

match continue panel.xml 5.06 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the clear instructions, and for also including the file as it wasnt present in the skins files. 

edit #1
it doesnt seem to like an rgb replacement, such as

red_replacement="rgb(10,255,111)"

it appears invalidate the red_replacement, so it shows up red... which actually isnt a huge issue, and it'll accept the various colour + number formats. 

On a slightly different note, i was trying to find a colour palette that showed the various red 400, purple 800 etc, and while trying to get a darker red tried red 1000 on this website: https://www.materialui.co/colors/red/1000 :D :D 

edit #2 - managed to get a working solution by adding a 'match media button' colour to the setting.xml file and giving that an rgb value, then using it in the panel file. :thup:

<colour name="match media button" 	 value="rgb(120,20,20)"/>

red_replacement="match media button" 
Edited by PaulC2K

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote here in February, but no answers then. I try again.

--  --  --

I'm using Dark Base 21 Skin v1.2. My skills with skins are, well, I know how to use them.

First, I'm talking about a piece of information that can be found from player's info screen, and there 'Scout Summary'. In 'Recommendation' there are two text lines something like "Currently operating ... league level. He has the potential ... in the future. Would be ... signing."

1.thumb.jpg.c21eae66c0a5b1a4e4014843d803ef6d.jpg

I find that 'Would be ... signing.' line a bit useless. Also those points scouts give can be misleading. So, I would like to get that 'Currently operating ... league level. He has the potential ... in the future.' line to be seen easier.

Do you know if that Scout Summary Recommendation text line could be seen in a View? What field name would that be?

Could you add that line into info box that appears, when hovering mouse over Scout Recommendation (points)? In that info box there already is that text line 'Would be a ... signing.'

2.thumb.jpg.d4aa67e32f665d381d424e2fe7a9f0a3.jpg

Or something... Thanks in advance!

fm_tablet.thumb.jpg.584256f75d155a77d968374b89365ddc.jpg

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of the touchline tablet panel page from this image?
Its not the regular match view, its from attending another fixture and i'm curious as to whether i can modify the regular one so that it instead of having 3 full length vertical panels, it has 1+1+ 2 halves. I guess i'll also need to know the regular version too if im to modify that. (Edit: Ok, im guessing its '\panels\match' folder and then one of the 'match touchline tablet' files)

I'd also be curious to know if its possible to edit the 'Latest Score' panel here so that it just shows the scores, but not the scorers, injuries, red cards etc. That way i feel like i could see all the league scores and the table in that final panel. 

I might as well ask while im here, but is there a guide, skinning manual, or reliable manner in which to locate the panels i want by myself instead of having to ask?? If i could reasonably find this sort of stuff out for myself, i'd do so, its just so messy and its not like theres clues in pages screaming [panel name] to make it all straight forward. The few things i have changed have taken multiple hours to get something pretty simple tweaked.

Thx

Edited by PaulC2K

Hi, I've looked around for a while and I haven't been able to find anything on this, at least on this year's game. I'm trying to make it so the inbox (the part where you read the incoming mail) transparent. I've managed to do this with the default background, but the inbox is still dark.

I did find something relating to an older version of the game where you add a "paper" and "paper_disabled" transparent PNG into the "graphics/boxes/subsection/standard" directory within the skin folder, but I had no luck. I actually just copied the fully transparent PNG from Michael's transparent background mod, so I'm not sure if that might be an issue.

I'd also like to make the "detailed stats" section transparent too, (specifically, the section on the left where you can select which stat to show on the right hand side) for both the player and team section. 

Thanks to anyone who can assist :thup:

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I've been doing some skinning using the dark base version and I've come accross something that appeared out of nowhere and now I can't find where to alter it.

image.thumb.png.08bedf30a11a74ab15a50c51d6d5e7d9.pngThis stripe appeared out of nowhere.

I'm assuming I did something so the secondary color summoned here, but I HAVE NO CLUE HOW THIS HAPPENED.

Help!

Edited by silentjay

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I made this account just to thank you! I ve been looking for days for a simple, no mumbo jumbo with extra nonsense, skin that will support background images and remowe this awful eye killing purple color. I found it in your ''Base21 Dark (FM20) Skin''. On top of that you even added an option to ajust opacity, something that some skin makers ask money for in their Pro version of skins. So again, thank you so much!

Cheers mate :applause: