Bug regarding squad numbers before every match day

rifinskim

I am managing a side in the Israeli premier league, and before every game I am prompted to give the players their numbers. Furthermore, the "auto number" button doesn't work.

Opening another save in England, I didn't encounter this problem - once I game the squad their numbers, they were saved.

So it seems as though it is a bug that only happens in Israel.

Anyone know what to do?

• SI Staff

Hi @rifinskim

I've had a go at trying to reproduce your issue but I haven't had any luck so far.

Would you be able to upload your save file? Ideally right before you get prompted to give the squad numbers again. If you can then I can use your file to try and get the issue to reproduce and we can look to find the cause.

Sam to you @Flußkrebs if you have a save file that can help us find it then please upload it below and let me know.

Any problems with that give me a shout!

Thanks, 
James

1 hour ago, James Finnerty said:

Hi @rifinskim

I've had a go at trying to reproduce your issue but I haven't had any luck so far.

Would you be able to upload your save file? Ideally right before you get prompted to give the squad numbers again. If you can then I can use your file to try and get the issue to reproduce and we can look to find the cause.

Sam to you @Flußkrebs if you have a save file that can help us find it then please upload it below and let me know.

Any problems with that give me a shout!

Thanks, 
James

I've uploaded a save called "Journeyman - Copy-Israel squad number bug.fm" which should be at the "fixtures" point of a game that day. Some screenshots:

image.thumb.png.280c6f7af074663af14a610178fbef1d.pngAll fine at the tactical meeting section, I think click "team selection" and then "submit team"

Immediately prompts me to add all the squad numbers: 

image.thumb.png.8946c16e487cf5958df20c9b5e561d73.png

Auto Number does nothing, in fact if I enter a few manually and then click auto number, it removes all the numbers. Very frustrating as before every single game I have to manually add in the squad numbers. 

• SI Staff

Hi @Flußkrebs

That is magic, thanks a lot for sending over your save and all the detailed steps. With your save file I have managed to reproduce the issue and having only had to fill the squad numbers in for two games I can definitely see how that is going to be annoying for a whole season! 

We're going to investigate to try and find the cause of the issue, but in the meantime I think I have a workaround to help solve this issue for you in the short term.

If you go to the squad page and click on the dropdown Players  >  Numbers (see the screenshot) this should take you to a screen to register all the players numbers for the season and it should remember those numbers as normal. The auto number button is not working from this screen but you should only need to do this once. 

33688402_ScreenShot2020-11-25at15_35_40.thumb.png.cdccbe348b5bb0c5c84c62e754371604.png

Thanks for taking the time to log this with such detailed information, let me know how you get on and if that workaround solves your issue for now.

James

1 hour ago, James Finnerty said:

Hi @Flußkrebs

That is magic, thanks a lot for sending over your save and all the detailed steps. With your save file I have managed to reproduce the issue and having only had to fill the squad numbers in for two games I can definitely see how that is going to be annoying for a whole season! 

We're going to investigate to try and find the cause of the issue, but in the meantime I think I have a workaround to help solve this issue for you in the short term.

If you go to the squad page and click on the dropdown Players  >  Numbers (see the screenshot) this should take you to a screen to register all the players numbers for the season and it should remember those numbers as normal. The auto number button is not working from this screen but you should only need to do this once. 

33688402_ScreenShot2020-11-25at15_35_40.thumb.png.cdccbe348b5bb0c5c84c62e754371604.png

Thanks for taking the time to log this with such detailed information, let me know how you get on and if that workaround solves your issue for now.

James

Ah gosh, unfortunately it does not remember the numbers as normal. I entered them after playing a game and clicked submit and then by the next it is asking me to enter them again. :( 

Edit: To clarify, entered them as you suggested above during mid week.

Edited by Flußkrebs

On 25/11/2020 at 17:51, James Finnerty said:

Hi @Flußkrebs

James

Dear James, your proposed solution isn't working, the same issue still happens every matchday. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/11/2020 at 17:51, James Finnerty said:

Hi @Flußkrebs

James

please fix it dude

Nothing helps, its already 7/1 and the issue still exists destroys the experience and is baffling to me why it has not been addressed yet. I wana enjoy the game and play my home league in Israel but this bugs just stops it.

Even worse I played a whole season with macabi netanya had no issues sunk like 50 hours into that save, season ends and I bring 2 players in the summer transfer and only then was I hit with this bug, you can imagine how I felt when I found out this issue goes on since the bloody beta, takes the enjoyment out of playing and to see all those hours and great moments with my club sink to ruin because playing with the bug is such a chore, just really pissed me off and left me very frustrated.

15 hours ago, FarSight said:

Nothing helps, its already 7/1 and the issue still exists destroys the experience and is baffling to me why it has not been addressed yet. I wana enjoy the game and play my home league in Israel but this bugs just stops it.

Even worse I played a whole season with macabi netanya had no issues sunk like 50 hours into that save, season ends and I bring 2 players in the summer transfer and only then was I hit with this bug, you can imagine how I felt when I found out this issue goes on since the bloody beta, takes the enjoyment out of playing and to see all those hours and great moments with my club sink to ruin because playing with the bug is such a chore, just really pissed me off and left me very frustrated.

same thing for me

2 minutes ago, Tony Garvey said:

We're working on this - we know it's a pain! Really sorry about it, it isn't forgotten about. I'll post news when I have some 

thank you sir!, you can tell me how much time you think its gonna take?

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, lil ty said:

thank you sir!, you can tell me how much time you think its gonna take?

We put something out in last night's minor update to sort this... so hopefully it needs no more time :D

Please respond here with any issues guys

21 minutes ago, Tony Garvey said:

We put something out in last night's minor update to sort this... so hopefully it needs no more time :D

Please respond here with any issues guys

working on saves that i already started?

• 3 months later...