Jump to content

{Suggestion}{Discussion} More options needed in the InGame Editor


garmac
 Share

Recommended Posts

i have been wondering why with the in-game editor you can heal injuries but you cant apply injuries? 

lots of people want to recreate real world events in the game.  the in-game editor needs more options to do so effectively.  when a player gets a real world injury mid-season that will keep him out for months that can only be recreated in game by the pre-game editor, which means starting a new save (or you could try not playing him for the time he should be out then he gets upset from lack of game time and wants to leave the club). 

some of us don't want to start a new save each time, so we buy the ingame editor to be able to make these changes on the fly but that is one of the biggest frustrations

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you want to add real life injuries to your game world? The game already has injuries that happen in game, that don't happen in life. Once you start your save, that is a whole new universe to the real life one. The game has injuries, real life has injuries. I just can't see why you'd want to add real life injuries into your save that has already started, makes no sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ellis_D said:

Why would you want to add real life injuries to your game world? The game already has injuries that happen in game, that don't happen in life. Once you start your save, that is a whole new universe to the real life one. The game has injuries, real life has injuries. I just can't see why you'd want to add real life injuries into your save that has already started, makes no sense.

Lot's of people play in different ways. When i am following along events, a player gets injured today, i cant replicate that in the game on a save already going so the player is still in-game affecting squad dynamics...if you choose not to play him for as long as real life players is out then he is likely to disrupt the squad, especially an influential player, or want to leave the club.  

It also could find use similar to the 'Dodgy Lasagna' in FM Touch, to weaken your opponents or affect teams close in points.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But what happens when a player breaks his leg in your save? Do you think about tracking the player down in real life and breaking his leg?! If not, you're not replicating what is happening in the game, and that's going to affect real-life squad dynamics..... It also means you're playing a save with double the amount of injuries there should be.....

But anyway, you can use the in game editor to lower the fitness of your players or your opponent's players should you wish.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ellis_D said:

But what happens when a player breaks his leg in your save? Do you think about tracking the player down in real life and breaking his leg?! If not, you're not replicating what is happening in the game, and that's going to affect real-life squad dynamics..... It also means you're playing a save with double the amount of injuries there should be.....

But anyway, you can use the in game editor to lower the fitness of your players or your opponent's players should you wish.

if a player breaks his leg in the game and and is available in real life, heal the injury with the editor.  not looking to bring game events to life just life events to the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough, your game, play how you like. But you're just making more work for your life imo.

Instead of adding real life injuries to the game and healing injuries in the game with the editor, why not just see it as two separate universes, as is intended? Then just roll with the injuries in the game and ignore real life ones?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've wanted this in ever since they brought the in-game editor in. I don't see why they can't put it in, it would make it very interesting. Can't see it being that difficult to implement, I get it wouldn't be to everyone's taste but neither are a lot of the things brought in over the years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 27/11/2020 at 13:31, Ellis_D said:

Fair enough, your game, play how you like. But you're just making more work for your life imo.

Instead of adding real life injuries to the game and healing injuries in the game with the editor, why not just see it as two separate universes, as is intended? Then just roll with the injuries in the game and ignore real life ones?

have a separate save for that

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...