Pre-game editor : the players don't appear

Amosifo

On 26/01/2021 at 21:22, Matt_Ray said:

This worked for me. Thank you! <3

How do you re-install from Steam ?

And I guess you move your edited files to another temporary place and the put them back again ?

Thanks in advance :thup:

Hello,

I have this problem too. Only a singular column depicting the nation of the person would appear instead. I would get around it by replacing columns (By inserting names, so only the person name would appear instead).

But just an hour ago, not even any column appeared. I can't search for any person in the Editor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2021 at 13:15, TheGamingBear said:

2093560086_Screenshot2021-01-23at12_22_15.thumb.png.d0ca84b866e9f5ed59e0239c4ed7936b.png

Hey all I just encountered this issue for first time when searching for young goalkeepers.

I am on Mac and after hitting enter in the search field, rows were displayed but there was no info in them but clicking on the row would bring up that players details. I tried a few reloads and looking into local files but nothing worked. I then right clicked on the top row (one that gives field titles i.e. name, age, club, etc.) and noticed in the views setting "copy of default view" was selected, I changed it to "default view" and wouldn't you know it everything came back to normal.

Hope this helps some people.

I just had the same issue, but this worked!

13 hours ago, Toin said:

I just had the same issue, but this worked!

I am on a MAC and the top row you mention (ID, age, club,  etc.) do not show up for me, so no place to right click...

Any solution since SI apparently can't fix it ?:)

• SI Staff
On 21/02/2021 at 20:47, Rub Me said:

Same issue. It's annoying to see that theres been no fix and its been three months...

11 hours ago, Lars2012 said:

I am on a MAC and the top row you mention (ID, age, club,  etc.) do not show up for me, so no place to right click...

Any solution since SI apparently can't fix it ?:)

Hi guys, if the right-click solution doesn't work could you upload your cache and preferences file to our cloud service please?

(Instructions below on finding said files, but use the Editor 2021 folder instead of Football Manager 2021)

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-remove-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder#text 

The original fix should in theory have resolved the issue (or at least made the right-click workaround resolve the issue) so this might point to it being a separate root cause.

On 24/02/2021 at 11:08, Freddie Sands said:

Hi guys, if the right-click solution doesn't work could you upload your cache and preferences file to our cloud service please?

(Instructions below on finding said files, but use the Editor 2021 folder instead of Football Manager 2021)

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-remove-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder#text 

The original fix should in theory have resolved the issue (or at least made the right-click workaround resolve the issue) so this might point to it being a separate root cause.

Hi Freddie, finally it works fine :thup:

The advise (guideline) to remove the two folders from the Editor 2021-directory was apparently the key :)

Have not noticed the link to the guideline before you put it up :rolleyes:

Thank you for your help and you patience :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

I've suddenly started having this issue. Have deleted the Cache/Preferences, deleted the editor files, reinstalled the editor via steam but all to no avail. For clarity the issues I am experiencing:

• Players not showing up when searching
  • "detailed" view option no longer appearing in player history or non-playing history sections
  • Players with loans missing options e.g. being able to add a fee to buy based on apps/scenario (seems new loans will allow this)
  • Bonus for goals or assists not able to set up e.g. add a line button doesn't work

I've only had these issues for about 6 hours, it was working fine yesterday

Update - have completely re-installed FM, FM Editor and this seems to have solved the top issue however the detailed view (which is the only place you can edit (remove) transfer fees from player history) is still not showing. It shows the row being shown but there is no option to enter detailed mode. Nor does the ability to add bonuses for goals / assists when setting up a future transfer

Edited by kevgaleuk

Removing the Cache/Preference files doesn't permanently solve the issue. I would repeat the removing of the files whenever I encounter the issue and it works. But minutes ago, removal of the files doesn't work anymore.

• 4 months later...

I am looking for a way to say this in a nice way, but how can this still be a problem??!

I am on a Mac and nothing works, no records, no change regardless of what is deleted or reinstalled or reloaded etc - been trying for two hours now and have nothing to show for it.  :mad:

• 2 weeks later...