Pre-game editor : the players don't appear

Amosifo

Hello everyone,

It's the firstime that i have such an issue with an fm editor.

As you can see when i search for a club I have all the details and a list. When i do the same with the players nothing appears altough the editor finds players.

How can i fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Capture d’écran (3).png

Capture d’écran (4).png

Searching player names, or searching clubs or languages such as French or German, the In-Game Editor sits searching and doesn't bring up any results, even leaving it searching for 20mins it did not display any results.

Edited by Somosa19

So first I have uninstalled the editor second i deleted all the files related to the editor. Even the hidden file (you can find it in yourusername/appdata/local/sports interactive).

And finally i have installed back the editor and it's seems to be working, the players appears in the list.

22 minutes ago, Amosifo said:

So first I have uninstalled the editor second i deleted all the files related to the editor. Even the hidden file (you can find it in yourusername/appdata/local/sports interactive).

And finally i have installed back the editor and it's seems to be working, the players appears in the list.

This worked! Thank you. Hope you keep the info up for anyone else experiencing the same thing before a fix is out.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, The Basque said:

Same Problem here. Uninstalling and also deleting hidden file in appdata, doesn't solve the problem for me.

Hi there. To clarify, is this just under the People section in the database and does it not populate with players after selecting both Apply Filter and pressing enter on whichever search conditions you have enabled?

30 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there. To clarify, is this just under the People section in the database and does it not populate with players after selecting both Apply Filter and pressing enter on whichever search conditions you have enabled?

I have the same issue, in the People section, only the number of records found are shown, but not the records themselves.

I deleted "AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2021" folder, which apparently fixes the issue, at least temporarily.

Delete the preferences folder in AppData and maybe the caches too. My guess is some kind of action creates a "view" that doesn't show anybody - notice how the name/UID/etc columns are all gone. I might have killed the process with task manager before it gave me the ghost view?

unknown.png

Same thing has happened to me. I think I accidentally switched from the 'default' view  to one named 'copy of default' and  that's when the columns disappeared. I don't even remember creating a copy but that's maybe why it's blank. 
Can't find the AppData folder to delete preferences to try and fix it on mine but I think that would work. Tried deleting my editor config file and reloading, eventually uninstalled the editor to try again but no joy. Now just uninstalled FM and FM editor to reinstall but again it's still not showing any columns. You would hope a preferences folder like this would be much easier to find as such a small issue basically means the editor is useless when the columns are gone.

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, NatesDaley said:

@Freddie Sands

I have the same issue. I have deleted the editor and the hidden files but the list still will not populate despite showing the amount of records there should be. 

13 hours ago, stuart1874 said:

Same thing has happened to me. I think I accidentally switched from the 'default' view  to one named 'copy of default' and  that's when the columns disappeared. I don't even remember creating a copy but that's maybe why it's blank. 
Can't find the AppData folder to delete preferences to try and fix it on mine but I think that would work. Tried deleting my editor config file and reloading, eventually uninstalled the editor to try again but no joy. Now just uninstalled FM and FM editor to reinstall but again it's still not showing any columns. You would hope a preferences folder like this would be much easier to find as such a small issue basically means the editor is useless when the columns are gone.

Hi guys, I think this the root of the issue - there seems to be a UI bug here with all the columns being removed (which shouldn't even be possible manually).

Firstly, could you both copy your current AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2021 folders and upload them zipped to our cloud service if possible? 

Secondly, if you right click on the space above the highest tick (indicating a search result but with no information displaying) does the option appear to add more columns or edit your current view? This won't resolve how the issue occurred in the first place, but might act as a workaround if deleting the cache folders isn't working.

Hi Sorry

My problem is with the Ingame editor not allowing me to edit personal details as it shows no results.

When using editor to edit Personal details and then selecting Favorate Person or Favorate Club and adding a person or club I get the following blank search results no matter how long i wait it can not find anyone or any club:

image.png.2e59a60ac6d7a15f33d466c78f3ca0c3.png

Edited by Zuluwarf
Ingame Editor

On 25/11/2020 at 13:00, Freddie Sands said:

Hi guys, I think this the root of the issue - there seems to be a UI bug here with all the columns being removed (which shouldn't even be possible manually).

Firstly, could you both copy your current AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2021 folders and upload them zipped to our cloud service if possible? 

Secondly, if you right click on the space above the highest tick (indicating a search result but with no information displaying) does the option appear to add more columns or edit your current view? This won't resolve how the issue occurred in the first place, but might act as a workaround if deleting the cache folders isn't working.

folder App missing players editor 2021.rar

• SI Staff
23 hours ago, Zuluwarf said:

Hi Sorry

My problem is with the Ingame editor not allowing me to edit personal details as it shows no results.

When using editor to edit Personal details and then selecting Favorate Person or Favorate Club and adding a person or club I get the following blank search results no matter how long i wait it can not find anyone or any club:

Hi there, this is a separate issue with the In-Game Editor that we are aware of under review. If you select the Enter key or the search icon the search results should complete here.

• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, Moondog777 said:

Ah excellent! For whatever reason these files reproduce the issue for me, but not the other files uploaded in this thread. Regardless, thanks both for uploading these - I've now been able to pass this issue onto the relevant coder to investigate.

Thanks again, as I was getting nowhere trying to reproduce this one.

I just had this, which came out of nowhere. I can confirm that closing the editor, deleting all the files (and folders) found in C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2021 and then reopening the editor fixed it. Weird one that, I have no idea what triggered it. It literally happened on one random search after editing on and off all day.

Hi

I have the same problem. Experienced the bug a couple of weeks ago. I changed to a different computer and the bug reproduced there today. Any updates? Looks like we all have the same problem. This is only showing up when searching for people, no issues when searching for clubs or nations, et cetera.image.thumb.png.f8c306be64f34faf90ff7b7fd45addaa.png

8 minutes ago, Ambrosii said:

Hi

I have the same problem. Experienced the bug a couple of weeks ago. I changed to a different computer and the bug reproduced there today. Any updates? Looks like we all have the same problem. This is only showing up when searching for people, no issues when searching for clubs or nations, et cetera.image.thumb.png.f8c306be64f34faf90ff7b7fd45addaa.png

Looks like this solved the issue, at least for now. Players shows up after reinstalling and deleting the hidden file (explained below).

Yes me too, It started this evening, the editor worked well for several days.

I'm a mac user and I did the following, at the moment it seems to have fixed the problem:

1. I closed the pre-game editor

2. I deleted ALL the folders located in users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Editor 2021/

3. I started the pre-game editor again, did a people search and it got populated with visible results.

I'll keep you informed if it fails again. Hope this helps. 

Cheers

Edited by petepompei

Le 07/12/2020 à 20:10, Ambrosii a dit :

Looks like this solved the issue, at least for now. Players shows up after reinstalling and deleting the hidden file (explained below).

I can't find the cache file, is that normal?

On 05/12/2020 at 22:14, sporadicsmiles said:

I just had this, which came out of nowhere. I can confirm that closing the editor, deleting all the files (and folders) found in C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2021 and then reopening the editor fixed it. Weird one that, I have no idea what triggered it. It literally happened on one random search after editing on and off all day.

This worked for me as well. Hope the issue is sorted soon.

Edited by LLNDVS

This was listed as fixed in the latest patch notes, but the problem still persists. It's worked fine for the past few days but the same issue has happened again today.

Edit: Fixed after a reload, but still weird.

Edited by LLNDVS

• 1 month later...

2093560086_Screenshot2021-01-23at12_22_15.thumb.png.d0ca84b866e9f5ed59e0239c4ed7936b.png

Hey all I just encountered this issue for first time when searching for young goalkeepers.

I am on Mac and after hitting enter in the search field, rows were displayed but there was no info in them but clicking on the row would bring up that players details. I tried a few reloads and looking into local files but nothing worked. I then right clicked on the top row (one that gives field titles i.e. name, age, club, etc.) and noticed in the views setting "copy of default view" was selected, I changed it to "default view" and wouldn't you know it everything came back to normal.

Hope this helps some people.

Edited by TheGamingBear
added image to show possible fix, formatting error

On 24/11/2020 at 11:51, Amosifo said:

This worked for me. Thank you! <3