Crash when adding league to nation's list

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add an existing Nation (it seems to happen with any, so pick England) and convert the Nation Rules to Advanced Rules.

2. Click on List and select Add from the list.

This results in the following error:

image.png.92885f5aac6cdc5a309565838d0eab0d.png

Sadly easily reproducable, it also seems to crash when I select insert.  The only workaround for now is to duplicate list entries and make changes from there.

I am trying to add a league the the list of South Korean leagues, in the advanced editor, to enable me to edit the advanced settings of the league I am trying to add.

But the moment I press the 'Add' button, I get an immediate crash dump. Any idea what's causing it?

For replication - I just simply load the fresh database, then Rules -> Add Nation Rules -> Add Lower Divisions for Korea -> Rules -> Convert to Advanced -> Click List on the left -> Press Add -> Crash Dump

I have attached a screenshot.

Screenshot_333.png

Edited by Mediocre_Jake

I'm trying to add competitions to Mongolia and whenever I click the "Add" button for competitions, Editor decides to crash and die. It happens with every nation I try to add (I used an editor file from FM20 in this screenshot which is why competitions are shown, but I also get the same error when starting from scratch in FM21).

image.thumb.png.1f322d548d2be1400db28d1d36bacbc2.png

I think this is another issue than the verified one that's been reported already, as I can verify the rules, but I can't add new divisions. I've attached the .dmp file as well.

Editor 2021 v21.1.0.1488190 (2020.11.24 16.39.31).dmp

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, magicmastermind124 said:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add an existing Nation (it seems to happen with any, so pick England) and convert the Nation Rules to Advanced Rules.

2. Click on List and select Add from the list.

This results in the following error:

Sadly easily reproducable, it also seems to crash when I select insert.  The only workaround for now is to duplicate list entries and make changes from there.

6 hours ago, Mediocre_Jake said:

I am trying to add a league the the list of South Korean leagues, in the advanced editor, to enable me to edit the advanced settings of the league I am trying to add.

But the moment I press the 'Add' button, I get an immediate crash dump. Any idea what's causing it?

For replication - I just simply load the fresh database, then Rules -> Add Nation Rules -> Add Lower Divisions for Korea -> Rules -> Convert to Advanced -> Click List on the left -> Press Add -> Crash Dump

I have attached a screenshot.

15 minutes ago, Fr05ty said:

I'm trying to add competitions to Mongolia and whenever I click the "Add" button for competitions, Editor decides to crash and die. It happens with every nation I try to add (I used an editor file from FM20 in this screenshot which is why competitions are shown, but I also get the same error when starting from scratch in FM21).

I think this is another issue than the verified one that's been reported already, as I can verify the rules, but I can't add new divisions. I've attached the .dmp file as well.

Editor 2021 v21.1.0.1488190 (2020.11.24 16.39.31).dmp 3 MB · 0 downloads

Hi all, thanks for reporting this issue - I've logged this internally for further review.

Thanks Freddie.

For now, here is the workaround:

1. Instead of adding an entry, duplicate it.

2. Then, click show rules for and select the item you duplicated.

3. Finally, in the list section, you should see that there are now two entries (you may have to collapse the list to see that there are two entries). 

4. Once you make a change that alters the type of list entry it is, it might be in the list of Show Rules For as Other.