National Rules

2 minutes ago, LozBlake15 said:

There's are two kinds of people: the kind who are condescending and...

I am a software developer, not that that's relevant to anything other than your self righteous post. It's unlikely that this is a bug, moreso it's just bad data in the database which really should have been caught before the editor release, but who knows for sure, no one but the engineers really, not that it's important here. 

You buy a game expecting its headline features to work within reason, the editor has always been a big part of FM, and in it's current state it's not fully functional. That's not acting like a spoilt kid, owning FM isn't a privilege, it's a product you've paid for, and as such you expect the advertised features to work. 

Expressing disappointment that an aspect of the product you've purchased doesn't work, and asking them to fix it, in the apps bugs and feedback forum non the less, there's nothing wrong with that. There is however everything wrong with telling people that because it doesn't bother you, it shouldn't bother them either.

I never said it shouldn't bother anyone, all I said was that whining wouldn't make it happen faster. Sorry if the truth upsets you.

The reality is that bugs in the game are higher priority than bugs in the editor that probably fewer than 10% of the game's players want to use.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, BedeviledEgg said:

You are making ridiculous unfounded statements like "the last hotfix was last week so they could have fixed the editor by now" out of ignorance because you have no experience in software development.

If you did have experience in software development you would know that timelines for fixing bugs can't be predicted accurately and you just need to wait and all the bitching and whining in the world won't change it.

We looks like they've fixed the editor!

There was a new update for the editor-pre-game and it did not fix any of the errors in the rules.

I don't understand why they do something like that It happened to me once, I was waiting 3 years for them to solve a problem with DLC's for FMT

I pray you don't do the same this time.

9 minutes ago, dandy_bandidos said:

There was a new update for the editor-pre-game and it did not fix any of the errors in the rules.

I don't understand why they do something like that It happened to me once, I was waiting 3 years for them to solve a problem with DLC's for FMT

I pray you don't do the same this time.

It fixed everything for me, but not until I updated the game also. When I just updated the editor and tried it, it was still bugged.

hace 5 minutos, BedeviledEgg dijo:

It fixed everything for me, but not until I updated the game also. When I just updated the editor and tried it, it was still bugged.

I updated everything, closed and opened Steam and restarted my cpu

They follow the same mistakes, I can't test rules. I can't edit competition phases

6666b6a8d1e7ff1fc70178325d97b083.png

7 minutes ago, dandy_bandidos said:

They follow the same mistakes, I can't test rules. I can't edit competition phases

It's definitely working for me, I was able to validate England rules and remove Brexit and validate that as well.

I'm not sure why it's not working for you, maybe try clearing the editor cache? IDK.

1 hour ago, BedeviledEgg said:

I never said it shouldn't bother anyone, all I said was that whining wouldn't make it happen faster. Sorry if the truth upsets you.

The reality is that bugs in the game are higher priority than bugs in the editor that probably fewer than 10% of the game's players want to use.

The truth here, is just like everyone who isn't part of the dev team, you have no idea whats going on, or any clue about the usage statistics, thats fine, you don't need to know.

The point of having a forum like this is so people can raise issues, so SI can see then see those issues, and determine how many are effected. If no one posts, they'd have no idea of it's impact, it's not rocket science.

The one thing I cant understand in all this, is what's the point of you chasing people around who're posting about an issue, IN A BUG FORUM, telling them they shouldn't post, it's really weird.

Lets leave it there, and not attack people for saying they're affect by a bug going forward hey?

Edited by LozBlake15

15 minutes ago, LozBlake15 said:

The truth here, is just like everyone who isn't part of the dev team, you have no idea whats going on, or any clue about the usage statistics, thats fine, you don't need to know.

The point of having a forum like this is so people can raise issues, so SI can see then see those issues, and determine how many are effected. If no one posts, they'd have no idea of it's impact, it's not rocket science.

The one thing I cant understand in all this, is what's the point of you chasing people around who're posting about an issue, IN A BUG FORUM, telling them they shouldn't post, it's really weird.

Lets leave it there, and not attack people for saying they're affect by a bug going forward hey?

moreover this part of the forum is called "Football Manager 2021 Bugs Forum" but in the fantastic world of BedeviledEgg everything is working. Unicorns thought of it together with gnomes and fairies with the magical formula bididibodidboooh and the bug is gone there as a spell.

18 minutes ago, LozBlake15 said:

I never criticized anyone for reporting bugs, I criticized people for complaining about how long it's taking to fix a bug. Scroll up. You are simply lying.

2 minutes ago, Il Marchese del Grillo said:

moreover this part of the forum is called "Football Manager 2021 Bugs Forum" but in the fantastic world of BedeviledEgg everything is working.

This particular issue is solved for me. I'm sorry the fix is not working for you.

I have other issues which remain unsolved and I am patiently waiting for a fix for those instead of acting like a baby about it.

Please do not fight guys, you are going to close the topic and we will not be able to ask for anything. There are still bugs in advanced rules, and other things. I have not seen fixes because coincidentally I did not try anything that is now correct

sorry my english

Edited by dandy_bandidos

5 minutes ago, dandy_bandidos said:

Please do not fight guys, you are going to close the topic and we will not be able to ask for anything. There are still bugs in advanced rules, and other things. I have not seen fixes because coincidentally I did not try anything that is now correct

no fight, only I can't stand presumptuous people who stand up as champions of absolute truth and arrogantly pose as if theirs were the only right thing to do. I get the blood in my head when I encounter these kinds of elements.
And here I close ;)

back to serious things, nothing has been resolved

Edited by Il Marchese del Grillo

2 minutes ago, Il Marchese del Grillo said:

I can't stand presumptuous people who stand up as champions of absolute truth and arrogantly pose as if theirs were the only right thing to do

I advised some people to stop complaining and just wait for a bugfix, and you have blown it up into the above

you have some pretty serious issues

8 minutes ago, dandy_bandidos said:

Can you see the stages of the competitions?

Or edit the rules for substitute players in competitions?

I want to know if it happens to all or a few after fix

Yes, seems to be working for me. I went into Advanced and I can see the competitions and edit their stages. I changed the Championship sub rules to be 5 of 7 and it verifies successfully at least.

hace 21 minutos, BedeviledEgg dijo:

Yes, seems to be working for me. I went into Advanced and I can see the competitions and edit their stages. I changed the Championship sub rules to be 5 of 7 and it verifies successfully at least.

Could you upload the database, I want to see if I can make them visible to me

Hey :)

I hope that i'm at the right place here. I just wanted to change the subs-Rules in the english Premier League from 3/7 to 5/12. I had the hope, that with the update, the problem would be solved and it did something, but not everything for me. At first instance, i had some more Ruling-Errors but now its just this one and i dont know what to do now. Perhaps someone can help me out?

Thank you in advance ;)

2020-12-02_18h24_33.png

Ligen- & Daten-Updates.fmf

5 hours ago, BedeviledEgg said:

There are two kinds of people: the kind who has developed software, and the kind who wants to know exactly how long it will take to fix a bug

Just show some patience FFS, you guys sound like spoiled kids. If your only problem is that your Football Manager editor has some bugs, then you don't have any real problems.

Calm down BedeviledEgg 😊. There is nothing wrong with customers who have purchased a product complaining that it is not working and asking for an approximate date when it might be fixed. FM has very high standards and is very well respected and it is quite appropriate for customers to say when these standards are not met, and still aren’t after today’s update.

5 hours ago, LozBlake15 said:

There's are two kinds of people: the kind who are condescending and...

I am a software developer, not that that's relevant to anything other than your self righteous post. It's unlikely that this is a bug, moreso it's just bad data in the database which really should have been caught before the editor release, but who knows for sure, no one but the engineers really, not that it's important here. 

You buy a game expecting its headline features to work within reason, the editor has always been a big part of FM, and in it's current state it's not fully functional. That's not acting like a spoilt kid, owning FM isn't a privilege, it's a product you've paid for, and as such you expect the advertised features to work. 

Expressing disappointment that an aspect of the product you've purchased doesn't work, and asking them to fix it, in the apps bugs and feedback forum non the less, there's nothing wrong with that. There is however everything wrong with telling people that because it doesn't bother you, it shouldn't bother them either.

dont feed the troll :brock:

These 'users' try to hijack a thread cause arguments and then strangely threads get closed:rolleyes:

just ignore and the mods should remove posts that are not on topic and obvious attempts to troll

Edited by Roy Race 9

3 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

On topic The same issue persists in not being able to verify after trying to make any changes in advanced rules

On 21.1.3 I can make at least some limited changes to advanced rules (at least for England) and am able to verify. I removed Brexit, changed Youth Intake age (which doesn't work but it verifies), changed the subs allowed in the Championship... All those changes successfully verified for me.

hace 38 minutos, BedeviledEgg dijo:

On 21.1.3 I can make at least some limited changes to advanced rules (at least for England) and am able to verify. I removed Brexit, changed Youth Intake age (which doesn't work but it verifies), changed the subs allowed in the Championship... All those changes successfully verified for me.

You are the only person in the world who could verify the advanced rules.

I played this game for more than 15 years, logically I have many friends who play FM, among them those who, like me, make databases, and none of them could do what you did.

When I test the advanced rules for no brexit, This happens

5e3a71006e3d46429a00121534520171.png

If you could create no brexit and test it, upload it that no one has been able to do it correctly.

2 hours ago, dandy_bandidos said:

If you could create no brexit and test it, upload it that no one has been able to do it correctly.

Sure, here you go. I did the simplest Brexit removal: Just added English rules, switched to Advanced Rules, and removed the Agreement Change. I tested it by holidaying unemployed to Jan 2024 then took over Arsenal and I was able to sign French and German players with no mention of work permits. Seems to work.

Simple Brexit Remover.fmf

hace 1 hora, BedeviledEgg dijo:

Sure, here you go. I did the simplest Brexit removal: Just added English rules, switched to Advanced Rules, and removed the Agreement Change. I tested it by holidaying unemployed to Jan 2024 then took over Arsenal and I was able to sign French and German players with no mention of work permits. Seems to work.

Simple Brexit Remover.fmf 41 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much, there I am watching from the editor and you have been able to verify perfect. I did your same steps before, but it doesn't work for me unfortunately. I thank you now I will be able to start a new game.

1 hour ago, dandy_bandidos said:

Thank you very much, there I am watching from the editor and you have been able to verify perfect. I did your same steps before, but it doesn't work for me unfortunately. I thank you now I will be able to start a new game.

Glad to be able to help. It's weird it's working for me but not working for anyone else, I don't think I'm doing anything special and there should be nothing odd about my PC. Puzzling.

I found the solution for those of us who still have the problem of advanced rules. Go to the steam folder: steamapps \ common \ Football Manager 2021 \ data \ database \ db and erase everything that is inside

709f6fc444d8032dc4b5d8f10bcfc3c0.png

go to steam -> right click on the game icon ---> properties ----> local files and click check cache it's going to download those files for you.

In my case I was using a real name fix. That gave me an error when testing the advanced rules

The only thing left to solve is to be able to edit the rules for substitutions. I don't know if I can't see them or they are on a different path from previous versions of the editor. Maybe someone can help me locate the path to edit the substitutions.

Edited by dandy_bandidos

3 hours ago, dandy_bandidos said:

I found the solution for those of us who still have the problem of advanced rules. Go to the steam folder: steamapps \ common \ Football Manager 2021 \ data \ database \ db and erase everything that is inside

go to steam -> right click on the game icon ---> properties ----> local files and click check cache it's going to download those files for you.

In my case I was using a real name fix. That gave me an error when testing the advanced rules

The only thing left to solve is to be able to edit the rules for substitutions. I don't know if I can't see them or they are on a different path from previous versions of the editor. Maybe someone can help me locate the path to edit the substitutions.

After you did this, were you able to verify the rules? It keeps giving me the england under23 error thingy.

8 hours ago, dandy_bandidos said:

Hi, I also use the real name fix eg Zebre to Juventus. Did you add the real name fixes after doing your editor work?

hace 9 minutos, vinny6876 dijo:

Hi, I also use the real name fix eg Zebre to Juventus. Did you add the real name fixes after doing your editor work?

Hi, If after creating the database, you put the files from the real name fix. It is only to create the database, and then to create the game use the real name fix again.

18 hours ago, Kabbe said:

Hey :)

I hope that i'm at the right place here. I just wanted to change the subs-Rules in the english Premier League from 3/7 to 5/12. I had the hope, that with the update, the problem would be solved and it did something, but not everything for me. At first instance, i had some more Ruling-Errors but now its just this one and i dont know what to do now. Perhaps someone can help me out?

Thank you in advance ;)

2020-12-02_18h24_33.png

Ligen- & Daten-Updates.fmf 41.61 kB · 0 downloads

Also getting the same issue. 

image.png.00e367228884fc17f7e59431af1aab74.png

Il 25/11/2020 in 15:39 , grade ha scritto:

No point of asking. It will be ready, when they fix it. Patience is key here. :)

IF they fix it. Because last year they never fixed the issue where you can't make preliminary rounds on cups because it ****s up the following turn (eliminated teams gets in the next round and clubs/nations that should enter the following stage aren't).

Seriously if they don't fix this **** i'm not buying fm21, i've already had to quit making many custom databases last year and i'm not going to repeat the experience.

19 minutes ago, DMaster2 said:

IF they fix it. Because last year they never fixed the issue where you can't make preliminary rounds on cups because it ****s up the following turn (eliminated teams gets in the next round and clubs/nations that should enter the following stage aren't).

Seriously if they don't fix this **** i'm not buying fm21, i've already had to quit making many custom databases last year and i'm not going to repeat the experience.

I might as well join you in stoping my costume leagues.

The guys who work on FMT, will be probably be celebrating, when the day i stop complaining about the lack of FMT editor.

As regras de Portugal também são más. Já fiz muito spam para criar confusão para ver se me falaram alguma coisa, os moderadores não falam nada e ainda me mandam postar no tópico da liga de portugal, o que é certo é que ninguém da equipa SI vai lá e diz alguma coisa. Quando a atualização disser "corrigimos Portugal nas regras" veremos e nada. O editor de bug permanece o mesmo. Você não tem alternativas? Se sim, aqui estão algumas dicas. se você pode mudar, aqui estão algumas dicas. Os cartões amarelos de Portugal contam para tudo o que está errado. nas ligas, os cartões amarelos contam apenas para as ligas. Um jogador da equipa A, se for expulso ou tiver 5 cartões amarelos, não pode jogar pela equipa B nas ligas inferiores, por exemplo. Em competições de taça, os amarelos contam apenas para as taças, cada uma é uma taça única (são duas, ou seja, se for suspensa por acumulação de cartões amarelos, a competição em que acumulou fracassa) Apenas os cartões vermelhos contam para todas as competições internas, ou seja, um jogador é expulso na liga, a competição da copa fracassa e vice-versa. O empréstimo a clubes portugueses é proibido a jogadores que emprestem a um clube da mesma liga para jogar contra o clube matriz. Eu só queria mudar isso, mas não posso e é saturante não poder jogar. O empréstimo a clubes portugueses é proibido a jogadores que emprestem a um clube da mesma liga para jogar contra o clube matriz. Eu só queria mudar isso, mas não posso e é saturante não poder jogar.

Edited by fabiogabriel

4 hours ago, fabiogabriel said:

As regras de Portugal também são más. Já fiz muito spam para criar confusão para ver se me falaram alguma coisa, os moderadores não falam nada e ainda me mandam postar no tópico da liga de portugal, o que é certo é que ninguém da equipa SI vai lá e diz alguma coisa. Quando a atualização disser "corrigimos Portugal nas regras" veremos e nada. O editor de bug permanece o mesmo. Você não tem alternativas? Se sim, aqui estão algumas dicas. se você pode mudar, aqui estão algumas dicas. Os cartões amarelos de Portugal contam para tudo o que está errado. nas ligas, os cartões amarelos contam apenas para as ligas. Um jogador da equipa A, se for expulso ou tiver 5 cartões amarelos, não pode jogar pela equipa B nas ligas inferiores, por exemplo. Em competições de taça, os amarelos contam apenas para as taças, cada uma é uma taça única (são duas, ou seja, se for suspensa por acumulação de cartões amarelos, a competição em que acumulou fracassa) Apenas os cartões vermelhos contam para todas as competições internas, ou seja, um jogador é expulso na liga, a competição da copa fracassa e vice-versa. O empréstimo a clubes portugueses é proibido a jogadores que emprestem a um clube da mesma liga para jogar contra o clube matriz. Eu só queria mudar isso, mas não posso e é saturante não poder jogar. O empréstimo a clubes portugueses é proibido a jogadores que emprestem a um clube da mesma liga para jogar contra o clube matriz. Eu só queria mudar isso, mas não posso e é saturante não poder jogar.

Em termos da equipa SI e não dizer o quer que seja, isso infelizmente é o normal. Já uns anos para cá que eles deixaram de interagir com os pessoal aqui nos forums, no qual deduzo por causa do trolls do forum.

Para mim isso é problema , pois está criar uma grande separação entre o pessoal do SI e nós os fãs. No editor nota-se muito mais no que FM, no qual o pessoal que usa o editor, está simplesmente sozinhos, sem qualquer input da equipa do SI desenvolve o editor, em prol da desculpa que estão a trabalhar muito para termos um Jogo sem bugs e afins. Se não fosse por algum pessoal aqui ajudar outros, não sei como seria da comunidade do editor, mas seria bem pior. E sinceramente não concordo com este silencio por parte do SI. Mas lá está, se assim que querem fazer a coisa, é opção deles, no qual acho que qualquer dia as consequências deste silêncio rebenta-lhes na cara.

O que podemos fazer é ter paciência, muita paciência, que eventualmente a correcção a este bug será corrigido, mas posso dizer que ha coisa de 2 ou 3 anos estive a espera de mais de um ou dois meses para utilizar o editor devido um bug para que fosse corrigido.

1 minute ago, dandy_bandidos said:

Partially however, it is not possible to edit at stages

I wanted to remove Brexit and make all major leagues to start at the same time. For some reason, Spain "start their season" on 12th of July meaning that if you sell a player to a spanish club on 1st of July his playing history may show that he played for two teams in the same season, which I don't like.

On 03/12/2020 at 01:55, dandy_bandidos said:

This isn't the issue.

I've got the original Real Names Fix from Sortitoutsi installed and I've still managed to change all English Competitions to a 5 sub arrangement and validate the file succesfully with the mod installed.

Edited by CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020. 12. 3. at 오전 6시 2분, dandy_bandidos said:

You are the only person in the world who could verify the advanced rules.

I played this game for more than 15 years, logically I have many friends who play FM, among them those who, like me, make databases, and none of them could do what you did.

When I test the advanced rules for no brexit, This happens

5e3a71006e3d46429a00121534520171.png

Did the recent patches fix this problem? I just checked today but this has not been fixed for me.