• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a mini selection of verified files

FILE TEST WORKING  : France , Bulgaria , Netherland , Slovenia

FILE TEST NOT WORKING :  Austria , Belgium , Germany , England , Croatia , Denmark , Greece , Spain , Portugal , Polonia , Czech Rep. , Romania , Russia , Scotland , Italy , Slovakia , Turkey , Ukraine , Hungary

I do not know if it will help, I have attached all the broken files

file not working.rar

2 hours ago, Il Marchese del Grillo said:

FILE TEST NOT WORKING :  Austria , Belgium , Germany , England , Croatia , Denmark , Greece , Spain , Portugal , Polonia , Czech Rep. , Romania , Russia , Scotland , Italy , Slovakia , Turkey , Ukraine , Hungary

file not working.rar 296.68 kB · 1 download

add Wales to the list :applause:

hace 9 horas, Il Marchese del Grillo dijo:

file not working.rar 296 kB · 3 downloads

The same thing happens in the South American leagues

There is an England editor file submitted to Steam called "De-Brexit" which has worked around the issues and can be modified and passes verification.

Not sure if what needed to be done to make this work will have any long running negative effects on the game though. Looks like it was mostly forcing certain teams to have a reserve squad to make the competitions with missing teams work.

hace 4 minutos, BedeviledEgg dijo:

There is an England editor file submitted to Steam called "De-Brexit" which has worked around the issues and can be modified and passes verification.

Not sure if what needed to be done to make this work will have any long running negative effects on the game though. Looks like it was mostly forcing certain teams to have a reserve squad to make the competitions with missing teams work.

Every year I create a db called No brexit in fmscout and Steam. Maybe you know them. This year I have not been able to create it due to the bugs that are currently in the Editor-Pre-Game. I have also seen De-Brexit, and I also don't know how he could do it, as it is not possible to check the rules in England. Yes I could create a call No Borders - Sin Fronteras, but it does not change any rules of the playable leagues.

Sorry my english.

5 minutes ago, Mmmr Bombastic said:

hey mate, you sure it was called de-brexit? I can't find one under that name but I can find "No Brexit"

It looks like those "No Brexit" mods are also by Maitiu, the same author as the "De-Brexit" I downloaded last night.

He probably made some changes and uploaded it as "No Brexit" and then removed "De-Brexit". Maybe he discovered "De-Brexit" created some subtle issues. That's the right guy though so that's the mod to get.

excellent, cheers mate.

I just used his editor data as a base to change the subs rule i wanted from 3 to 5 and it worked perfectly, if anyone else wanted to give it a try.

testing worked, i wonder what he did, he mentioned he added bury back in but there were so many errors with the lower leagues it can't have been that simple!

5 minutes ago, dandy_bandidos said:

Every year I create a db called No brexit in fmscout and Steam. Maybe you know them. This year I have not been able to create it due to the bugs that are currently in the Editor-Pre-Game. I have also seen De-Brexit, and I also don't know how he could do it, as it is not possible to check the rules in England. Yes I could create a call No Borders - Sin Fronteras, but it does not change any rules of the playable leagues.

Sorry my english.

I downloaded it and examined the changes, he added Bury back in and moved some other teams around and forced them to create reserves to fix the league issues in the default England Rules. After his changes the England rules pass verification.

hace 1 minuto, BedeviledEgg dijo:

I downloaded it and examined the changes, he added Bury back in and moved some other teams around and forced them to create reserves to fix the league issues in the default England Rules. After his changes the England rules pass verification.

Thank you very much for the information. I prefer to wait for the Editor-Pre-Game to work correctly. Creating it today can bring future problems in the following years in the games. I don't want to ruin the players' games. I recommend waiting for the correction of the errors from the editor. Nor can you edit the phases of the competitions. Cheers

5 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi all, I've mentioned this in the pinned thread but just to nip in and say the issues with these nations not verifying default nation rules is known and under review currently.

Thanks - Any ETA on a patch ? :) 

On 24/11/2020 at 13:42, dandy_bandidos said:

Sorry my english.

Hey, any chance you have a link to any of this page where i can download the de brexit database...complete novice at this kind of thing haha

57 minutes ago, iancoughlan said:

The No Brexit download works but how can i increase subs in Premier League from 3 of 7 to something else... the section "round defaults" is not listed under stages... it is easily done for FA Cup and League Cup but cant figure out the premier league

Premier Division -> Stages -> Stage 0 -> League Settings -> Substitution Rules

Il 25/11/2020 in 15:39 , grade ha scritto:

No point of asking. It will be ready, when they fix it. Patience is key here. :)

I sent 50 euros to SI for FM and they are not able to correct a very big problem. Good.

Edited by RioImmagina
49 minutes ago, RioImmagina said:

I sent 50 euros to SI for FM and they are not able to correct a very big problem. Good.

SI never, ever, ever release any ETA of any patch of whatever kind you can think off. It won't be now.

I also spent 50 euros in this game and waiting for the fixes. Patience is virtue, has they say.

And you are talking to a guy that is waiting for freaking FMT Editor for the last 8 years and very angry and p*** about it (specially this delay stuff of FMT21, with no news or announcements). But posting angry (as sometimes anger comes out on top) and stating things like that, will not make SI to fix any quicker. I in FM18 had to wait around a month or two for a bug to be fixed in the editor to properly use it. I know is frustrating, but... patience is the only advice i can give you.

Same issue with Turkey. Plan was to change the foreign rules in all leagues, but not able to verify the rules. Also not possible to verify rules without any changes. Don´t want to play without the changes. Is there any due delivery date planned for this bug? Many thanks in advance.

Edited by i.cet
2 hours ago, Stephen2021 said:

So, don't release the editor until it's been checked. It's that simple 

This is SI we are talking about. They work in the shadows and the mystics of SI Temple, who the real workers are slave Elfs who eat once a month...

It is SI... who knows how their inner workings work. Those questions you should ask Miles... I am a nobody around these parts.

En 24/11/2020 a las 11:55, Freddie Sands dijo:

Hi all, I've mentioned this in the pinned thread but just to nip in and say the issues with these nations not verifying default nation rules is known and under review currently.

How long do we have to wait?

I hope they are not being distracted.

Only said that it is under review, but nothing more.

Please more information. Fix date?

It's quite frustrating waiting for this to be fixed, considering it's been over a week now, and the database being valid is quite a basic thing. I'm having to wait before playing the game now as I won't play without having the option to remove SI's guesswork Brexit, and unfortunately whilst Maitiu has provided us with a workaround in the short term, it seems to break Vanarama South and North scheduling, and causes strange behaviour with the U23 leagues. So I can't start my Chelmsford City save until SI sort this out, come on guys, getting fed up of checking Steam daily hoping that you've fixed this. 

8 hours ago, dandy_bandidos said:

How long do we have to wait?

I hope they are not being distracted.

Only said that it is under review, but nothing more.

Please more information. Fix date?

3 hours ago, LozBlake15 said:

It's quite frustrating waiting for this to be fixed, considering it's been over a week now, and the database being valid is quite a basic thing. I'm having to wait before playing the game now as I won't play without having the option to remove SI's guesswork Brexit, and unfortunately whilst Maitiu has provided us with a workaround in the short term, it seems to break Vanarama South and North scheduling, and causes strange behaviour with the U23 leagues. So I can't start my Chelmsford City save until SI sort this out, come on guys, getting fed up of checking Steam daily hoping that you've fixed this. 

good luck :brock:

8 hours ago, LozBlake15 said:

I agree. There is no point releasing something that does not work. Unprofessional and does not match SI’s usual very high standards and quality. Hopefully they will advise when the pre game editor has been fixed

9 hours ago, vinny6876 said:

I agree. There is no point releasing something that does not work. Unprofessional and does not match SI’s usual very high standards and quality. Hopefully they will advise when the pre game editor has been fixed

But every year there's some sort of few bugs, that makes us wait for fixes. This is not something new.

But with that said I agree with you.

30 minutes ago, grade said:

But every year there's some sort of few bugs, that makes us wait for fixes. This is not something new.

But with that said I agree with you.

Well I think that all who get the beta version of this game to test all the bugs should get the game for free. I mean technically we are doing si's work for them. 

There are two kinds of people: the kind who has developed software, and the kind who wants to know exactly how long it will take to fix a bug

Just show some patience FFS, you guys sound like spoiled kids. If your only problem is that your Football Manager editor has some bugs, then you don't have any real problems.

39 minutes ago, BedeviledEgg said:

There are two kinds of people: the kind who has developed software, and the kind who wants to know exactly how long it will take to fix a bug

Just show some patience FFS, you guys sound like spoiled kids. If your only problem is that your Football Manager editor has some bugs, then you don't have any real problems.

No my problem is they released the editor without checking if it was working properly or not. If you made something then released it would you not have checked it first?

I'm extremely glad to have the editor to mess around since launch with even if it's not working perfectly so speak for yourself. I've been able to create the mod I want to use when the game is in a good enough state to start my long term save.

and if there was no editor released yet it wouldn't make you happy, you'd just be bitching about the lack of an editor instead. None of your whining is gonna make them release a fix any quicker, you're just clowning yourself.

7 minutes ago, BedeviledEgg said:

I'm extremely glad to have the editor to mess around since launch with even if it's not working perfectly so speak for yourself. I've been able to create the mod I want to use when the game is in a good enough state to start my long term save.

and if there was no editor released yet it wouldn't make you happy, you'd just be bitching about the lack of an editor instead. None of your whining is gonna make them release a fix any quicker, you're just clowning yourself.

Well we both have our views. However if as I see it that the last hotfix patch was released for the actual game last week, then they could have fixed the editor by now. And I found a way round it to get the editor to verify but decided that taking out all lower levels from vanorama national down wasn't the way forward!

1 minute ago, Stephen2021 said:

However if as I see it that the last hotfix patch was released for the actual game last week, then they could have fixed the editor by now.

Admit it: you have never worked in software development and you have zero idea what you are talking about.

5 minutes ago, BedeviledEgg said:

Admit it: you have never worked in software development and you have zero idea what you are talking about.

Whether I've worked in software or not has no bearing on what I wanted to do with the editor. 

Just now, Stephen2021 said:

Whether I've worked in software or not has no bearing on what I wanted to do with the editor. 

You are making ridiculous unfounded statements like "the last hotfix was last week so they could have fixed the editor by now" out of ignorance because you have no experience in software development.

If you did have experience in software development you would know that timelines for fixing bugs can't be predicted accurately and you just need to wait and all the bitching and whining in the world won't change it.

49 minutes ago, BedeviledEgg said:

There's are two kinds of people: the kind who are condescending and...

I am a software developer, not that that's relevant to anything other than your self righteous post. It's unlikely that this is a bug, moreso it's just bad data in the database which really should have been caught before the editor release, but who knows for sure, no one but the engineers really, not that it's important here. 

You buy a game expecting its headline features to work within reason, the editor has always been a big part of FM, and in it's current state it's not fully functional. That's not acting like a spoilt kid, owning FM isn't a privilege, it's a product you've paid for, and as such you expect the advertised features to work. 

Expressing disappointment that an aspect of the product you've purchased doesn't work, and asking them to fix it, in the apps bugs and feedback forum non the less, there's nothing wrong with that. There is however everything wrong with telling people that because it doesn't bother you, it shouldn't bother them either.