Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 *Official* Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

None of us like change and the UI is a big step away from the previous- it is safe to assume that it wont be going back to the old view and  maybe, as some users have already posted, we will get used to it as the weeks go by

The UI is this year's FM Marmite; you either love it or you hate it. There's no middle ground. After playing it for a couple of weeks and seeing how it's slightly better in the full version I kinda like it. Or at least I'm getting used to it.

 

Big thumbs up from me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if these screens are accessible in 21 or are they another of the many things lost in the undocumented changes?

3.thumb.PNG.aea84e7eff60b4b8435acb3e0db4b249.PNG4.thumb.PNG.e8844001f9428ffaf456deb072e23806.PNG

Good odds I am missing something obvious but I cant seem to find them again

Edited by witticism
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

I  think I am getting used to the Match UI, but I wish I could disable the dugout. Its full of useless information and I dont even look at it now.

The ME is great though , still needs improvement on defending and GK, but its a massive improvement and there are some lovely moves. Also it appears to me that the Graphics are much better and the game runs much more smoothly.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else thinks that matches in Europe, particularly away matches, are in some way scripted? I am managing PSV, struggle to get over Ajax in 4 years, especially losing points away againt Herenveen, Utrecht etc....but in Europe I played against Chelsea, Atletico, Bayern, Juventus and many others (as I win europa league very easily) and all matches were the same? All draws 1:1, whole game under pressure but somehow their best players couldnt score.

 

LOOSING TO CAMBUUR, FORTUNA AND OTHER JUNK AS THEY SCORE 3 OUT OF 3, BUT LEWA, WERNER, RONALDO, SANE, MESSI CANT SCORE FROM 6 CLEAR CUT CHANCES. RIDICULOUS

Edited by Oliver Roland
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, witticism said:

Does anyone know if these screens are accessible in 21 or are they another of the many things lost in the undocumented changes?

3.thumb.PNG.aea84e7eff60b4b8435acb3e0db4b249.PNG4.thumb.PNG.e8844001f9428ffaf456deb072e23806.PNG

Good odds I am missing something obvious but I cant seem to find them again

They are there lol as i have seen them but dont know where

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, witticism said:

Does anyone know if these screens are accessible in 21 or are they another of the many things lost in the undocumented changes?

They're there, but they're broken. Assists scored/conceded graphic is always empty (currently mid-season):

 

nOQRAjs.jpg

 

Reported the issue during beta, but got no response. :rolleyes:

You can access those screens in Team Report -> Analyst Report.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zemahh said:

They're there, but they're broken. Assists scored/conceded graphic is always empty (currently mid-season):

 

nOQRAjs.jpg

 

Reported the issue during beta, but got no response. :rolleyes:

You can access those screens in Team Report -> Analyst Report.

Thank you, completely missed the individual sections were clickable, thought I was stuck with the useless hexagon graph.

Not sure how I feel about them being broken but at least they arent completely gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Den1ss said:

You can watch but you need to click play and then click on each goal separately, in past FMs we had a button "Watch goals" that loads them all up with 1 click.

5 hours ago, alian62 said:

Yes i find this frustrating too . Has it been logged as a bug ?

You still can, just click the "wheel" and from "View highlights" select "Goals".

I went into an older match and there it is.

NRAsfVU.png

Edited by XaW
Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 13 horas, stevemc dijo:

Anyone using a MacBook notice the fan is constantly on, and the underside is red hot?

Yes, I have just reported it here, let's please give more feedback.

@gladman1 I see you also had this issue.

 

Edited by Icy
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IrrelevantLion said:

Playing a top club and complaining that FM is easy. :rolleyes:

No I’m saying your rivals should challenge you more. I shouldn’t be able to start as Liverpool, set and forget a tactic and then just steamroller the league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Icy said:

Yes, I have just repoirted it here, let's please give more feedback.

@gladman1 I see you also had this issue.

 

Yeah, the battery has always drained on macs but this is the first time I've noticed the fan on pretty much all the time, it used to only come on during the Match Engine - I'll do some more testing tonight and report it too.

Edited by stevemc
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DP said:

No I’m saying your rivals should challenge you more. I shouldn’t be able to start as Liverpool, set and forget a tactic and then just steamroller the league. 

Then try beating them to win the title! This is from the beta by the way

image.thumb.png.bb0d1c77453d56cacf02d319710ebd83.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CM said:

Does this significantly affect graphics? 

It does, it’s not as sharp of course but I quite like the retro feel it brings. If it stops the fans from working overtime, it’s well worth doing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gundo said:

It does, it’s not as sharp of course but I quite like the retro feel it brings. If it stops the fans from working overtime, it’s well worth doing. 

In beta during the game fans were not working overtime that much, still full release is better than FM 20 but something has changed I guess from beta. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else have problems with throw ins!my player consistently throwing the ball to the opposition?really getting on my nerves. Really enjoying the game tho its brilliant 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AlexJames said:

It baffles me why perfectly functioning features are changed for seemingly no reason, often to their detriment.

It's a minor thing, but on the set piece creator screen, the set piece instruction label (MK, LFP etc.) now overlaps the player position label (MCL, STR etc.) so it's not possible to see at a glance which player is my MCL, MCR and what their instructions are until I hover over the icon to find out.

I just dont understand why design decisions like that are made? Unless it's a screen display issue?

EDIT: Another one; probably been mentioned but on the much-maligned new teamtalk layout, if I want to give different individual feedback to different players, I have to select Individual tab> hunt for the right player checkbox> select feedback. Thing is, once feedback is selected, the checkbox disappears, so if I want to give other feedback to a different individual I have to select a different tab (i.e. attackers) and reselect Individual for the checkbox to come back. 

These cosmetic "enhancements" so often add nothing to the game experience and just result in more bugs, in my opinion

Then report those UI bugs so they can be fixed :)

 

7 minutes ago, Weasek said:

Does anyone else have problems with throw ins!my player consistently throwing the ball to the opposition?really getting on my nerves. Really enjoying the game tho its brilliant 

Report this to the ME - AI and Tactics forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to say that I love it so far. Still in 1st season with Malaga, Spain 2nd division. Only been playing FM since FM17, and last night had something happen that I have NEVER seen before...my goalie won POM. Fantastic

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oliver Roland said:

Anyone else thinks that matches in Europe, particularly away matches, are in some way scripted? I am managing PSV, struggle to get over Ajax in 4 years, especially losing points away againt Herenveen, Utrecht etc....but in Europe I played against Chelsea, Atletico, Bayern, Juventus and many others (as I win europa league very easily) and all matches were the same? All draws 1:1, whole game under pressure but somehow their best players couldnt score.

 

LOOSING TO CAMBUUR, FORTUNA AND OTHER JUNK AS THEY SCORE 3 OUT OF 3, BUT LEWA, WERNER, RONALDO, SANE, MESSI CANT SCORE FROM 6 CLEAR CUT CHANCES. RIDICULOUS

No matches are scripted, and the Match Engine has no way to determine if a given team is an AI team or a player team. What would it benefit SI to fix the game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, craiigman said:

This screen, the press conference screen, team talk screen, all follow this new style. I can see what they are trying to achieve with this, I really can. But I have to agree that they are all just really bad, doesn't add any immersion, if anything it takes you out of it as they seem out of place. 

 

I can't understand what they are trying to achieve here. There are so many screens like that, I had to book a vision assessment for myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dissepointed said:

Isnt the beta period over?

Never fix something that work a wise man said once :D

Which is exactly why a bug forum for the full game was put up, because it is never going to happen that a game is released that has literally zero bugs. There's always bound to be something off, whether that's a typo in code or whatever, and it benefits everyone for people to report them if they spot them, so they can be looked into and hopefully resolved.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/769-football-manager-2021-bugs-forum/

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JordanMillward_1 said:

Which is exactly why a bug forum for the full game was put up, because it is never going to happen that a game is released that has literally zero bugs. There's always bound to be something off, whether that's a typo in code or whatever, and it benefits everyone for people to report them if they spot them, so they can be looked into and hopefully resolved.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/769-football-manager-2021-bugs-forum/

Of course :) But if there is alot of bugs on full release maybe extend the testing phase or the beta period then, just a taught. Have a nice day!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can i just say, I bloody love the dynamic of brexit in England and having to plan more in the market, make astute decisions, invest in players and seeing the long term effect on the English game. Really adds a bit of the unknown and a new dynamic to long term saves.

Seeing the elite sides still able to splash the cash and have the reputation to sign foreign players is great, as well as a few others able to sneak a few in. Lovely. Nothing broken about it IMO

Edited by Domoboy23
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to reaffirm a point I made before, the regen faces in football manager are awful. Yes I know they are better this year, but they are definitely not up to standard compared to PES/FIFA let alone other games. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZRcjkRKbLE&t=

Heres work from basically enthusiasts who have managed to implement something much better. Now imagine SI doing this with a professional team. Could be a nice major feature in 2022. Imagine having real looking faces that arent even faces from actual real people so you dont even run into legal issues. 

TLDW: The video shows a program to generate faces based off the regen faces in football manager to create real looking people. 

 

Edited by Double0Seven
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Just to reaffirm a point I made before, the regen faces in football manager are awful. Yes I know they are better this year, but they are definitely not up to standard compared to PES/FIFA let alone other games. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZRcjkRKbLE&t=

Heres work from basically enthusiasts who have managed to implement something much better. Now imagine SI doing this with a professional team. Could be a nice major feature in 2022. Imagine having real looking faces that arent even faces from actual real people so you dont even run into legal issues. 

TLDW: The video shows a program to generate faces based off the regen faces in football manager to create real looking people. 

 

I don't know if you've ever played Crusader Kings 3 by Paradox - I think FM needs a character generation system similar to that for its newgens as it allows for aging.

 

Edited by rp1966
Link to post
Share on other sites

My pet peeve: SI still haven't fixed the columns, where it is borderline impossible to arrange a view how you want it.

Surely this wouldn't be TOO hard to fix? It is really irritating to arrange anything as it just messes it all up every single time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nb9 said:

My pet peeve: SI still haven't fixed the columns, where it is borderline impossible to arrange a view how you want it.

Surely this wouldn't be TOO hard to fix? It is really irritating to arrange anything as it just messes it all up every single time.

The UI is fiddly, I agree. What I do is to add the columns I want and then auto-size all columns. That arranges them neatly and I can at worst make 1 or 2 small adjustments.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else come across this weird thing I just noticed? My centre back pairing have the best average ratings in the whole team (7.11 and 7.19 respectively), but the tactics screen says that they have a poor partnership and have played poorly when paired together? That seems counterintuitive as they've played almost every match together and have the highest average ratings in the team. Bug or poorly implemented calculation of average ratings for central defenders? We have shipped quite a few goals this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

The UI is fiddly, I agree. What I do is to add the columns I want and then auto-size all columns. That arranges them neatly and I can at worst make 1 or 2 small adjustments.

but how do you make it so when you try to pull some columns left so that they eat into a specfic column like 'position' rather than a different column that you dont want to eat into?

And how do you elimnate that crazy super wide column on the far right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 20 minutes, rp1966 a dit :

I don't know if you've ever played Crusader Kings 3 by Paradox - I think FM needs a character generation system similar to that for its newgens as it allows for aging.

 

Go look at Zeeland new newgen facepack as it assigned randomly faces to your newgen

The faces are not real but they look like real people, it's crazy...

Probably the best mod in YEARS 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, evilpimp972 said:

Go look at Zeeland new newgen facepack as it assigned randomly faces to your newgen

The faces are not real but they look like real people, it's crazy...

Probably the best mod in YEARS 

 

Watching the video now - it looks great for static images (and much better than what we've got), but ultimately we want those newgens to age through to be the managers and staff of the future on long terms saves and you can't do that with static images (caveat - I'm not all the way through the video so if aging is taken care of ignore me :) )

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Nope. 

There is no scripting in the game either now nor at any point in its history. 

Thats not technically correct though i believe and please tell me im wrong but i heard that if you just let the game run without any interferrence its scripted in that it calculates the game then runs it in 3D to the result calculated . Again you can correct me please if i am wrong 

Edited by alian62
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Thats not technically correct though i believe and please tell me im wrong but i heard that if you just let the game run without any interferrence its scripted in that it calculates the game then runs it in 3D to the result calculated . Again you can correct me please if i am wrong 

The previous question about the game being scripted was raised because a user was successful against one type of team and not against another and was suggesting that the game code was scripted against him to be unsuccessful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Which is exactly why a bug forum for the full game was put up, because it is never going to happen that a game is released that has literally zero bugs. There's always bound to be something off, whether that's a typo in code or whatever, and it benefits everyone for people to report them if they spot them, so they can be looked into and hopefully resolved.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/769-football-manager-2021-bugs-forum/

So we are Non-Paid game testers . We get 10% off ( woo hoo ) for the Beta then we test it and tell them the bugs we found that only 40% will get fixed in the current game , 50% in the next installment while 10% remain bugged . If you bought any other product and it had this many bugs you would return it . Must be a clause that says its ok to release games that dont work to the descriptions they post . 

Here your brand new car Mr Jones , Any issues just email us and we will fix some of them but not all of them . I guess we just except in the gaming world  for some reason which goes to show we are not as smart as we think

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FrazT said:

The previous question about the game being scripted was raised because a user was successful against one type of team and not against another and was suggesting that the game code was scripted against him to be unsuccessful.

Yeah i get that but the game has to be scripted somehow in some areas . Its our influences that determine the result otherwise i would of thought 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alian62 said:

Yeah i get that but the game has to be scripted somehow in some areas . Its our influences that determine the result otherwise i would of thought 

Of course it has a script but the question was that the game was scripted against how that user expected the results to pan out- which it is not.  Let's move on as this is not a discussion for the feedback thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a scenario where the two legs of the knockout round of the Spanish playoffs had different sub rules (first leg was 5 from 9, second was 3 from 7). Is this a bug or is this another weird quirk in that slog of a division (have to play 2 league stages and then still have to win 2 playoff games for promotion, which made the second part of my league season almost redundant since we more or less were assured a top 3 spot after the first stage, but I digress). 

Another note, I have seen screenshots where people can get up to 6 panels in their analysis tablet. They have 3 columns and 2 rows. No matter what I do, I only get a single row so can have 3 panels only. What am I doing wrong? Is this a resolution issue? I'm running full screen 1920x1080 at standard zoom. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Defender decision making and pressing definitely took a bat to the knee in the full release. I am seeing a lot more of the FM20 defending, with players getting caught out uncharacteristically, perfect long balls over the top, my wingers running down a free highway down the flanks. The beta ME, while not perfect, was certainly much better than the current one. Scoring goals was a lot of fun and it actually felt like the result of your TIs, PIs and player attributes coming together and functioning like a cohesive unit. In the full release that does not seem to be the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way to see starting line ups of matches that you are not managing. For instance if you're scouting a match for a few players or fancy watching some world cup matches, its annoying that it just goes straight into the match, no build up, no starting line ups. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alian62 said:

So we are Non-Paid game testers . We get 10% off ( woo hoo ) for the Beta then we test it and tell them the bugs we found that only 40% will get fixed in the current game , 50% in the next installment while 10% remain bugged . If you bought any other product and it had this many bugs you would return it . Must be a clause that says its ok to release games that dont work to the descriptions they post . 

Here your brand new car Mr Jones , Any issues just email us and we will fix some of them but not all of them . I guess we just except in the gaming world  for some reason which goes to show we are not as smart as we think

 

If I could buy a new car for the price of FM, I wouldn't mind a few defects.

 

There are no game-breaking bugs in FM21. Any bugs that are found are fixed as quickly as possible.

 

...Also, most of us enjoy testing the game :) You're free not to.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

+ John stones signed for Liverpool for just about 14M

I dont know its too low for me 

Not sure why Stones is so cheap at times, I checked my saves and they ask much for him and he regularly signs a new contract even, at which point he's basically unbuyable. Did City buy some other CD in your case after which they deemed Stones unnecessary?

 

6 hours ago, CJG21 said:

Anybody elses xG table looking like this at the end of the season? Every team in the league is outscoring the xG, and nearly every team is out conceding the xG. Surely this means the xG is being underestimated? 

Maybe it's just a fluke season.

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 04.58.42.png

I think the main issue here is that xG is an average taking across basically everything (at least in FM), while you're playing in a league filled with above average players, thus outperforming the average quite a bit. Although I do agree that the xG for some chances feels a bit low at times compared to the xG stats you can find out there. Then again, who knows how accurate the stats available for free are, generally there's a reason they're free. :lol:

6 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I just had a scenario where the two legs of the knockout round of the Spanish playoffs had different sub rules (first leg was 5 from 9, second was 3 from 7). Is this a bug or is this another weird quirk in that slog of a division (have to play 2 league stages and then still have to win 2 playoff games for promotion, which made the second part of my league season almost redundant since we more or less were assured a top 3 spot after the first stage, but I digress). 

Another note, I have seen screenshots where people can get up to 6 panels in their analysis tablet. They have 3 columns and 2 rows. No matter what I do, I only get a single row so can have 3 panels only. What am I doing wrong? Is this a resolution issue? I'm running full screen 1920x1080 at standard zoom. 

95% zoom does the trick apparently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, alian62 said:

So we are Non-Paid game testers . We get 10% off ( woo hoo ) for the Beta then we test it and tell them the bugs we found that only 40% will get fixed in the current game , 50% in the next installment while 10% remain bugged . If you bought any other product and it had this many bugs you would return it . Must be a clause that says its ok to release games that dont work to the descriptions they post . 

Here your brand new car Mr Jones , Any issues just email us and we will fix some of them but not all of them . I guess we just except in the gaming world  for some reason which goes to show we are not as smart as we think

That's quite the overreaction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad there have been so many positive reviews. I guess my whining hasn't been in vain! :lol: A lot of people are saying this is the best FM to date, so props for that. I can't wait to get the chance to play it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought 21 (with the only purpose of finally dropping worst FM in the history aka 20).

Am I getting the correct impression, that this year's FM is filled with UI bugs and I'd better wait for a fix before starting main long-term save?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, anindyarajan19 said:

Defender decision making and pressing definitely took a bat to the knee in the full release. I am seeing a lot more of the FM20 defending, with players getting caught out uncharacteristically, perfect long balls over the top, my wingers running down a free highway down the flanks. The beta ME, while not perfect, was certainly much better than the current one. Scoring goals was a lot of fun and it actually felt like the result of your TIs, PIs and player attributes coming together and functioning like a cohesive unit. In the full release that does not seem to be the case.

Have to agree with this, I think it's taken an unfortunate step toward FM20. I didn't play a lot last night, I sped through 9 games on Extended highlights. I saw a nice variation of goals but plenty of fullback to winger for a headed goal, absolute Hollywood passes out wide (like ridiculous 50 yard passes when I'm not set to play that way) when there's an easy central option to pass to & inside forward dribbling inside, totally ignoring any central players making runs & popping a ball over to the opposite flank, it gave me shudders to be honest :lol:  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...