Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

9 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Hey all, just to confirm since we always get some confusion:

• The only changes to the ME were to CCC recognition and to throw in distances.
  • We did not make any other changes, it'd be far too risky for us to do so for an update of this kind.
  • Since the only real ME change was to throw ins, it's unlikely that open play would be affected in any noticeable way.

Thanks!

Why weren't goal kicks looked at surely you accept the keeper ignores the team instruction repeatedly?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why are mangers so rude and abrupt when they talk to you about loan players not getting enough game time i had a manager end a conversation with me that made me feel a way that i was disrespected for no reason.

3 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

After managing in the VSS for two season, with the best place finish being 3rd and losing in the playoffs, and then resigning after half a season in the Conference national at the position of 24th, I get offered an interview for Bradford 24th in L1 without applying? Weird

Just to add to this utter ridiculousness. 

3 months later still unemployed, being offered interviews now to Premiership and La Liga teams.... 7 months after being bottom of the conference. No badges. Sunday league exp.
Created another save file and booted up the editor. In game I am showing as 20% rep and 1 star rep ''minimal''. On the editor I am showing as 4000 world rep and 5200 home rep. Absolute game breaker for journeyman and realism saves.

I knew there was an issue with job offers when starting unemployed and them being unrealistic, but I thought it sorted itself out after the first job. And yes, bug thread already started.

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Completely off topic; How would this work if Swansea or Cardiff ever were to qualify for Europe from the English league system?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12052427/do-premier-league-clubs-need-to-sign-homegrown-players

"UEFA defines homegrown players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21."

As such, if Swansea or Cardiff were to qualify for Europe, even via the English league system, only players who are trained in Wales would count as homegrown for UEFA, as Swansea and Cardiff are subject to the Welsh FA, despite playing in English leagues. The same applies to Wrexham.

2 hours ago, jere_d said:

Why weren't goal kicks looked at surely you accept the keeper ignores the team instruction repeatedly?

That was already included in the previous patch, and I've seen my keepers following the team instructions much more now.

22 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

to me for a stats heavy like FM, it's unacceptable and completely shocking and disappointing about how they get away with it. unacceptable.

will definitely take this into consideration for the next game.

And also fix the /90 (per 90 mins) stats still not working in custom views....Need to do more QA/testing of basic features to ensure they work before adding new ones...still lots to sort on FM21 ...very disappointing release this year...

1 hour ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Hi,

Since the last udate i'm noticing less shots per game. I'm not saying less CCC's or half chances, but less overall shots for both teams.

Anyone seeing this?

Not really, nothing was changed that would effect that unless you were bombing long throw-ins into the box 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Not really, nothing was changed that would effect that unless you were bombing long throw-ins into the box 

No, I have set my throw-ins to short. 

Perhaps a placebo feeling.

Gonna play a couple more games and see how it goes. 

Edited by Keyzer Soze

1 minute ago, Keyzer Soze said:

No, I have set my throw-ins to short. 

Perhaps a placebo feeling.

Gonna play a couple more games and see how it goes. 

Yeah, most likely placebo, pretty much nothing was changed 

Can anyone help? VVD and Gomez are not injured in my new game post latest update but they have the injuries listed in the data editor. How can I make sure they are injured at the start of a new game? 

Edited by bigman

11 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Have seen a couple of posts about average ratings, just to clarify the ratings system has undergone some significant changes for FM21. Bear in mind the average rating is 6.8 - anything above this indicates an above average performance, anything below (you get the idea).

Where in previous versions players got a huge boost for goals and assists (even tap ins from one yard) this year it's nuanced a bit more to take into account player roles and what happens within the match at a deeper level. This does mean the seasonal average rating of 8 and above are a bit of a thing of the past.

Saying that, if you do have an example where you feel a player's average rating doesn't match their performance, please do raise it via our bugs forum and provide a pkm so our team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/822-match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

PKM details here - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/538789-read-before-posting-attaching-a-pkm-when-reporting-an-issue/

Whilst at this stage it's unlikely we'll be making further updates, all information will be considered for future versions of FM.

Thanks.

What bothers me and I think many others is that the rest of the game doesn't seem to accurately reflect this. I've noticed it has become a lot harder to sell players this year because of the lower average ratings along with player development taking some kind of a hit. 

Since the update something feels off with Staff demanding very high wages, anyone else starting a new save getting weird salary demands.

I am trying to get my staff completed and half of the candidates demand an even higher salary then i have as a manager, and i am not talking about super high reputation guys or main positions to fill.

Physios that are earning 5-10k a month for a mediocre club suddenly wanting 20-30k from me being a ChampionsLeague club like Borussia Mönchengladbach.

One guy i really needed as a first team coach because there wasn´t any good alternative i gave the ridiculous salary demand that would get him 4 times more as he was in his side in belgium, Guess what he agreed a new contract with his old club Zulte Waregem for 25k a month out earning everyone in his club except the manager and the assistant, and his position is just as a simple youth coach not even the main youth coach!?

Don´t know but it feels like  something broke here. Could be some editor files that i added for get more realism making stuff go wild, so i will start a new save without the files loaded to see if it looks different.  

13 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Just to add to this utter ridiculousness. 

3 months later still unemployed, being offered interviews now to Premiership and La Liga teams.... 7 months after being bottom of the conference. No badges. Sunday league exp.
Created another save file and booted up the editor. In game I am showing as 20% rep and 1 star rep ''minimal''. On the editor I am showing as 4000 world rep and 5200 home rep. Absolute game breaker for journeyman and realism saves.

I knew there was an issue with job offers when starting unemployed and them being unrealistic, but I thought it sorted itself out after the first job. And yes, bug thread already started.

Further testing suggests this seems to be related to coaching badges possibly. Upon getting a National A your rep seems to jump up by 3-5000, despite your profile still showing the rep (which in my case was 20% and minimal) as before. Then a failed conference manager gets offered jobs in La Liga and the Prem. This needs sorting. No way are coaching badges a suitable replacement or even an equivalent for manager success at previous clubs. I should be lucky to get another conference job, regardless of how many shiny certificates I have. 

On 23/02/2021 at 12:35, kertiek said:

this is fine only if the fixes we need come in a later iteration of fm21, BUT if all those fixes are postponed for fm22 it would be a huge disappointment having the features and fixes locked behind a paywall.

what is not working  and has been reported previously by me?

• attacking throw ins instructions for set pieces are not used, it does not matter what instruction u setup, the majority of the times the throw in goes to waste because the ball gets dumped to the opposite defending line even when u setup short instructions to keep the ball and building up.
  • match plans has been bugged for years, the option to disable automatic subtitutions does not work, i have been reporting this since fm19 and the bug is still there, i have reported this in every iteration of the game previous to actual release of fm19, fm20 and fm21 also in every update of the game i reported this and the problem is still there, with no acknowledge of it at all.
  • swap positions in player instuctions does not work if u have a player with individual instructions in either of the positions swapping, they only change in one direction but they never swap back.

at least for the few matches i tested yesterday with the new update it looks like an improvement on the corners blocked problem but i still see low quantity of dribbles in wideplay (AMR/AML) ... mbappe getting 1 or 2 dribbles max for 10 games i dont think is realistic at all, there should be games where he goes godlike and dribbles a lot more than that, specially for a player of his quality.

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Have seen a couple of posts about average ratings, just to clarify the ratings system has undergone some significant changes for FM21. Bear in mind the average rating is 6.8 - anything above this indicates an above average performance, anything below (you get the idea).

Where in previous versions players got a huge boost for goals and assists (even tap ins from one yard) this year it's nuanced a bit more to take into account player roles and what happens within the match at a deeper level. This does mean the seasonal average rating of 8 and above are a bit of a thing of the past.

Saying that, if you do have an example where you feel a player's average rating doesn't match their performance, please do raise it via our bugs forum and provide a pkm so our team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/822-match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

PKM details here - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/538789-read-before-posting-attaching-a-pkm-when-reporting-an-issue/

Whilst at this stage it's unlikely we'll be making further updates, all information will be considered for future versions of FM.

Thanks.

so i was right, there is a lot of existing problems in the game, and si games is just going to refuse to address them and lock all the fixes for fm22, behind a paywall

this is the message i get " if u want the full game, pay for fm22 to maybe get highlights video exports working again, because in fm21 we never fixed it "

Edited by kertiek

27 minutes ago, kertiek said:

so i was right, there is a lot of existing problems in the game, and si games is just going to refuse to address them and lock all the fixes for fm22, behind a paywall

this is the message i get " if u want the full game, pay for fm22 to maybe get highlights video exports working again, because in fm21 we never fixed it "

There have been existing problems with the game SERIES forever. They get fixed. Or they don’t because there are more pressing issues, or too time consuming to sort out in a patch. New problems arise. Repeat. If you can’t handle that the FM series of games have issues you’re going to be very disappointed. 

FM is not a one off game each year. It is a continuation of a base game devised over 20 years ago. I like to think of each years version as like a ‘mega patch’ that you contribute towards financially, like a subscription. The game will never be ‘finished’. It’s just not designed that way. The fact it’s called FM “21” should be the clue.

Some versions are better than others but personally FM21 is far from the worse. In fact, for me, it’s the best in quite a few years, especially regarding the ME.

hace 2 horas, Neil Brock dijo:

Thanks.

The main problem is that if you modify the average ratings of the full ME, you have to put the average ratings of the quick ME at the same level, and this is not happening, QME gives relevant higher ratings! 

Im not going to show one more time the comparatives between ratings of FME vs QME, because It has been posted lots of times, and I know that you have seen it already. 

Edited by pejocho

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, pejocho said:

The main problem is that if you modify the average ratings of the full ME, you have to put the average ratings of the quick ME at the same level, and this is not happening, QME gives relevant higher ratings! 

Im not going to show one more time the comparatives between ratings of FME vs QME, because It has been posted lots of times, and I know that you have seen it already. 

Has this comparison been done since 21.3? As believe they should be closer now. 

On 16/03/2021 at 11:42, mhaffy said:

Pleased that 21.4 now released and had hoped that is would have fixed the Stats/90 issue with custom views that I flagged in bugs forum ages ago, uploaded save game file (as requested), provided screen shots and instructions to replicate for....

21.4 update now installed and seems to be absolutely zero change to my Custom View with /90 stats still showing as a "-" or "0" (see below...)....... Please, please can SI ensure this is fixed for FM22 as, presumably, FM21 fixes are now closed.... To say I am disappointed is an understatement..... Current screen looks as follows after 32 Premier League games in the long term save that I only started on 26 February because of the numerous initial bugs...Never played FM so little by mid March after release.......

Current screenshot...

image.thumb.jpeg.aa58e2464c9b4d83f1e2419b91ac0eca.jpeg

Deleting cache and preferences and then reloading game seems to fix this issue for me. Need to load all my custom views again but at least /90 now showing..at last.... Not sure whether this will help fix any other issues people are still experiencing.....

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-remove-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder#text

Edited by mhaffy

After the last patch, the game began to freeze periodically,
 especially after the "instructor" you press the match and it takes a very long time to load?
 why does the false 9 not work as it should?

Edited by PollCreck

I'm having trouble again with the double opp report. I already changed on the staff responsability, but my chief scout still send the report too and it feels like he doesn't do the scouting work I want.

1 minuto fa, Titou ha scritto:

Savegame loading time is crazy again (~3 minutes, quite the same as in  21.2, way longer than the max 30 seconds in 21.3)

Loading time for me is approximatively around 10-15 secs and my PC is a piece of junk. I doubt you're using a huge customised database?

In questo momento, limey150781 ha scritto:

To give some balance for anyone that may be reading this thread and deciding whether to buy the game.... for me, this is the best version for a very long time. The ME is excellent, the AI feels far more legitimate and the immersion levels are fantastic.

Same for me :thup:

il y a 12 minutes, Federico a dit :

Loading time for me is approximatively around 10-15 secs and my PC is a piece of junk. I doubt you're using a huge customised database?

That was my loading time with previous patch (30 secs may have been overestimated, but when you don't wait, you don't count). It was weirdly the same yesterday, too. Same database, nothing noticeable about it, customised-ly speaking.

Too bad there is no more sub-forum about game performance : i understand it is more efficient for them, but it was nice to be able to see if other user were experimenting the same issues, and what were the solutions provided

Edited by Titou

Is anyone else having any problems getting past the loading screen with the game pass version? I have tried all the troubleshooting stuff located here Technical Issues – Knowledge Base (sega.co.uk)  but the game just will not pass the loading screen, I've been trying to get this working since 2pm this afternoon for my younger cousin :confused:

---------------

So I fixed this 30 minutes after posting this, bloody typical :lol:

I updated all his microsoft store apps which included the xbox app and then with a fresh sign in the game started working :thup:

Edited by Kloppslap
Fixed the issue

On 16/03/2021 at 15:56, Johnny Ace said:

Whats the media prediction bug? Looking at mine, we're 1-91 to win the league (I don't think so) & the bottom 3 have N/A odds 

I don't think anything was changed @dunk105

Media prediction (the projected place) in the General information on the team never change after the first season.

It's really inconvenient when you're changing teams and want to evaluate the chances of a potential new club. The issue has been mentioned in the bug section, no response.

Also I'm really happy for anyone who likes the game in its current state, but it's painfully obvious that SI are not going to address "minor" issues, leaving them for the players to get over. Understandable for a basically monopolist on the market which won't ever be even challenged by any other developer due to the extensive database and overall high quality, but disappointing.

If the issue with reputation mentioned above is also the case, it's really game-breaking for anyone who wants to play from the bottom and just gradually become a more reputable manager, but alas, the ones who just want to play for a single club in each save are more relevant target audience for SI. Understandable but disappointing as well.

Edited by Outrospective

17 hours ago, kertiek said:

i know how si games works, i been buying the game since 2009, but my ride ends on this one, the decline in quality every year keeps going and the refusal to change on their way of development  is not only disappointing but annoying.

they just try to keep a schedule with patches like this: beta -> release -> big patch december -> early transfer patch feb -> final transfer patch march -> oops we cant fix everything, but we will gladly receive your money in the next version of fm and maybe small chance we will fix the current problems, but dont get your hopes up because probably it will get pushed under the rug because only a minority is complaining about the current problems.

its a  fun game until you cant stand the broken features that arent working as they should.

in this feedback post i reported a lot of issues, in the bug report forums i reported every bug i found with detailed information, examples and everything they ask, they just never got fixed, i been reporting a match plans bug where u cant disable automatic subtitutions for 3 years, they just keep ignoring it, am done.

I 100% agree with you, the problems and bugs seem to be getting bigger with every version, as they are adding new things other things seem to become broke, before adding things in and then breaking the old features some how, they should focus on the old bugs as they seem to be out of there depth as they cant even fix the old things people have raised let alone trying to add new things like useless features like body language like how many people on here actually click what type of body language they are going to answer the ?, most people get their assistant to do it

Edited by jckc221013jamie

Is there anything more depressing than trying to adjust your custom views to make them all tidy with nice gaps? For it to just snap back and do whatever it wants.

Edited by stevemc

1 hour ago, limey150781 said:

To give some balance for anyone that may be reading this thread and deciding whether to buy the game.... for me, this is the best version for a very long time. The ME is excellent, the AI feels far more legitimate and the immersion levels are fantastic.

Since the 21.3 update this has been the best FM. The 21.3 version fixed some important bugs and its now really good

9 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

I use autosize

Yeah I use that too, but it's not always 100%, sometimes you still need to tweak a few columns to get them in view, but it just won't do what you want - it's been like this for years.

My player ratings are abysmal I dont know what to do 

I cant sell anybody if I want to since they average 6.2. 6.3 especially if its AMR...

My best player is my AML so far this season 7 games 3 goals 2 assists average rating 6.30 .. If he doesnt score /assist he has 5.9 6.1..

I dont want to sub him cuz he is my best player by far and 90% of the highlights go through him but if I dont sub him every pres conference is why  i didnt since he was playing poor

My new striker that I bought 20 years old wonder kid

7 games 4 goals  (3.33 expected)  1 motm  0.47% shot on target 85% passing 67% tackling average rating 6.70..

Last season my AML had 32 games 11 goals 10 assists in premier league finsihed 6.70... 

MY old striker scored 31 goals in 42 championship games finsihed 7.01  .. 

Maybe all gegenpress tactics do something to player ratings ... but they are very effective dunno

P.S Its especially annoying when you go check players in other leagues. In past FM you could compete with Messi etc.. but lets check now

37 year old Messi AMR 7 games 1 goal 0 assist 7.64...

ILAX MORIBA MC Barceloa 3 starting games 3 sub games 0 goals 0 assist 7.73 AVR RATING

Barca are struggling and are 6th..

Lets check Villareal

Cuisance 9 aps 2 goals 1 assist AVR rating 7.80

Henrique 9 games 2 goals avr rating 7.70

Gerard Moreno 8 games 3 goals average rating 7.70

Rodrygo 9 games 3 goals 7.80 

Varane 8 games 1 goal 7.80
Joaquin Correa 4 games 4 sub 4 goals 7.70
LUKA JOVIC 7 games 1 goal 7.60

Kulusevski 7 games 3 goals 3 assist 8.30

(not a single player under 7.50 in juve(

Lets check Fiorentina 10th in seria A

Augistrineson 6 games 0 goals 1 assist 7.60

LETRS CHECK EMPOLI DEAD LAST in SERIA A

Samuele Roci 7 games 1 goal 1 assist 7.57

Marcel Ruiz 7 games 1 goals 7.30  (they have 6 players over 7 and they  HAVE 1 point from 6 games)

Quick Glance at Olympicique Marseile dead last in FRANCE

Jorginho 7 games 0 goals 0 assist 7.75

Thauvin 8 games 5 goals  7.60
Bruno Petkovic 7 games 1 goal 7.40

I am 5th in premier league so far 4 wins 1 draw 2 losses. Playing OK FOOTBALl

The only players I have above 7 is my GK and 2 defenders ..

I mean EMPOLI whole squad is 7.40++ and they have 1 freaking point and 2 goals between them..  I win 4:2 4:1 and i cant get a player above 7...

Edited by Toshevbgg

I've seen more quality crosses into the opposition penalty area in the 10 games I've played since the update, than the ten previous seasons combined. Full backs and wingers are actually crossing before they are closed down. Most of them are cleared, but I don't care. Finally scoring a reasonable amount of headers is a joy to see.

It's not a placebo, these are just hard facts. 

I am loving the game(with mods).

but for one of the features to be gestures and press conference overhaul, the only good thing is the backgrounds. 

the questions are so stale, rotate like the same 10 most of the time and then a couple about how your players are good. Like what is that? “Wow, X player is crucial for this match right? “ oh, let me think on that...no he’s a bad player, that’s why he’s on form and at my club....like what is that. 

and then even some questions have no gesture options even. And in player chats when you try a gesture, it most often says “had no effect/body language didn’t change”. 

Gestures and press conferences as a feature are the saddest feature ever. 

but again, love the rest of the game. World is good, match engine has its flaws but is great and enjoyable, players have personalities, training isn’t too tedious, and of season/winning scenes and reviews are great too.

Okay, not sure this is the place to post this. But I want to start a discussion at least. So bear with me please.

On a journeyman save, started in Sweden, then Denmark, took my team FC Randers to Champions League group stage, (I still don't know how we did it, but we did and were not disgraced) . Anyway that's not the issue. Got offered the Villareal job. Considering they were 15th when I took over in December. We played so much better than I expected, never thinking European qualification was realistic. The board wanted mid-table. 

Anyway , so as is normal, Managerial support is very bad to begin with.. We go on  terrific run, slowly rise from 15th to 8th, still think Europe is not possible. managerial support is right in the middle, not red, not green. Next couple of games we snatch wins, teams above us fall over. Last game of the season we have qualified for Europa League. Doesn't matter the result. (either 5th or 6th)

Managerial support is well into the green. Play Valencia (a rival) who are in 2nd, the result doesn't matter to either of us. They trounce us 3-0. We were awful! 

Fair enough, I say, but next day get message about managerial support? Suddenly it's right back to where I started? Wayyyy in the red? What the heck?

Has anyone else seen this over one game? My team leaders hate me. (again!!) Never seen tis before. 

Edited by GB68

Hi everyone, first things first sorry for my written english, I'm French, so... please be indulgent :)

First time posting here, been a reader for quite a long time though. The topic I want to discuss with you is FM's supposed realistic AI. I'm playing with Tottenham at the moment, and I've seen myself do something I've never done in my 20 years of playing Championship Manager and Football Manager: cheating. On multiple occasions during my first season, I rage quit the game to start the last match over. Never done that before. In 20 years.

There are quite a few things that I find really wrong in the game, and I'm afraid SI isn't even close to consider things the same way. In a nutshell, I find it very similar to FIFA, insofar as you just need to collect wonderkids with the highest PA, find the most successful cheated KNAP tactic, and let things run on autopilot for years. Basically, that is how you succeed 100 times out of 100 in Football Manager. And on FIFA. The last time a real team, in the real world, won anything with a group of wonderkids was maybe Ajax in 1995. In other words, in the real world, the last thing you do is to have a side full of unproven players in an asymetrical, irrational formation in order to compete for silverware.

Back to my save. My most inconstant player is no other than Son Heung-min, playing is his favourite position, along very good players. The guy offered a collection of 6.1/6.2/6.3 rated games all season long, as well as 8.5/9 rated games, with the exact same instructions and players around. Okay, I can understand that a player in League One has his good days and bad days, but here we're talking about one of the most consistant player in the best league in the world. It's either he's having a good season, or a bad one, with background to it. But definitely not how it happened in my save.

And that transpires to the team as well. Sometimes you go out having a good momentum, players in good shape, playing against a team struggling, their best players injured. They have 2 chances, score twice, you dominate the game, 30 chances, score 0. Not once, not twice, maybe 15 times in a season. Again, my strikers are Harry Kane, Son Heung-min and Gareth Bale. And whether you change the mentality to Attacking and demand more from the players or not, never changed a thing. Those are solely made for aesthetic purposes, never had any kind of impact to my team. And to tell how much the IA has no form of logics, should you play the same game 10 times, there's no way you find a common line to each and every game played. I mean, I know football couldn't be farther from a defined science, but come on, were a good team to play against the bottom one at home 10 times, you'd surely find some common statistics.

That's how the game is wrong. It encourages things that have nothing to do with real football. It overpowers wonderkids, tactical systems that exploit the flaws of the match engine, and annihilates any other form of success. I just finished my first season, Florentino Luis who had a blend year at Monaco joins Chelsea, Nuno Mendes who didn't even average a 7.0 rate goes to City, etc etc. And this happens every single time, every single save. The PA of wonderkids rules this game, plain and simple. But hey, how do real club recruit? On PA only? If so, Florentino Luis wouldn't have been loaned out to be a fringe player at Monaco. Tottenham wouldn't have let Marcus Edwards go. Sandro Tonali would be the best midfielder in Italy by now. Is that the case? Absolutely not. In real life, the environment, the staff, the player's mentality, his entourage, his performances, his playing time, a million things affects his PA, maximizing it, or destroying it. In FM, the PA rules, no matter what. Best PA wonderkids end up in the same clubs for the same amounts save after save.

Which leads to my final (for now) point: you don't need a director of football or a scouting department on FM. First of all, the scouting department is a joke. Many times I've assigned my scouts to specific missions in specific areas. For instance I'd ask him to scout Scotland for players between 15 and 20, they'd come back with reports for south american free agents over 30. Fantastic job. But what concerns me even more, is that each and every club in the game is supposed to have its way: build on your academy, play a certain brand of football, rely on players trading, etc etc Well, when it comes to big clubs, where the identity should prevail even more, all of this disappears. You don't need no Michael Edwards at Liverpool, they'd sell Salah at the end of the first season every time and bring in loads of players they'd never to in real life. Michael Edwards did a real job in spotting the players he picked in the real life, and that's why Liverpool is so successful. He picked them for their technical attributes, as well as for their personalities, and a potential that not anybody saw. Football Manager? You go to FM Scout, get acquainted with the wonderkids list, buy 'em all, and that's about it. There's no identity to the clubs in FM, it's just the big guns battling it out for the best wonderkids and regens.

Well I think you got me by this point. Just wanted to share my frustration, cause I was trying to do something with Tottenham. Long-term as well as short-term planning, create a unit of players with common traits, bonding with them, but I keep on losing to a bottom of the league Burnley for no specific reason, and that, I cannot tolerate anymore. I'm okay with losing, but when I lose, it's either I've been outcoached tactically, or I'm having a bad day once every 6 months. In this game, this is a russian roulette kind of IA. You don't get outcoached, you get lucky or not.

I know SI won't change a thing to all of that, and if the majority of gamers like it, so be it. I'm done.

Edited by DAZZ67

What a great game, I like purchasing a game full of bugs, just to wait till march to see more new bugs! Done with your business model, of gaslighting your customers and ask them to buy the new edition , because MAYBE the bugs get resolved, your game has no new (working) features, so this becomes you USP, insane . They did this with fm 19,20 and now 21. For the rest claiming this is a great game, with 'great' me, aka set piece simulator, enjoy your gegenpressing tactics, attacking possesion footbal has been impossible since fm 17, because the  ME has never been properly fixed. 

28 minutos atrás, Rikdancer disse:

What a great game, I like purchasing a game full of bugs, just to wait till march to see more new bugs! Done with your business model, of gaslighting your customers and ask them to buy the new edition , because MAYBE the bugs get resolved, your game has no new (working) features, so this becomes you USP, insane . They did this with fm 19,20 and now 21. For the rest claiming this is a great game, with 'great' me, aka set piece simulator, enjoy your gegenpressing tactics, attacking possesion footbal has been impossible since fm 17, because the ****** ME has never been properly fixed. 

You should go to the tactics section or see BTN videos, because I guarantee you don't know jack s*** about the game, or even football to be so bad. I don't have any problem using anything that's not gegenpressing, nor I have ever seen the so called set piece simulator. 

This is the type of criticism that's uncalled for, not because people want to censor you, but because you say zero, you try to do misleading propaganda, and you don't even look at yourself in the mirror to see that you might just suck. Because the way you worded, the way you talked, you mos def suck at the game.

No hard feelings, just don't be a sissy like this. If you want to s*** on the product do it fairly and with head, body and members. 

52 minutes ago, DAZZ67 said:

Hi everyone, first things first sorry for my written english, I'm French, so... please be indulgent :)

First time posting here, been a reader for quite a long time though. The topic I want to discuss with you is FM's supposed realistic AI. I'm playing with Tottenham at the moment, and I've seen myself do something I've never done in my 20 years of playing Championship Manager and Football Manager: cheating. On multiple occasions during my first season, I rage quit the game to start the last match over. Never done that before. In 20 years.

There are quite a few things that I find really wrong in the game, and I'm afraid SI isn't even close to consider things the same way. In a nutshell, I find it very similar to FIFA, insofar as you just need to collect wonderkids with the highest PA, find the most successful cheated KNAP tactic, and let things run on autopilot for years. Basically, that is how you succeed 100 times out of 100 in Football Manager. And on FIFA. The last time a real team, in the real world, won anything with a group of wonderkids was maybe Ajax in 1995. In other words, in the real world, the last thing you do is to have a side full of unproven players in an asymetrical, irrational formation in order to compete for silverware.

Back to my save. My most inconstant player is no other than Son Heung-min, playing is his favourite position, along very good players. The guy offered a collection of 6.1/6.2/6.3 rated games all season long, as well as 8.5/9 rated games, with the exact same instructions and players around. Okay, I can understand that a player in League One has his good days and bad days, but here we're talking about one of the most consistant player in the best league in the world. It's either he's having a good season, or a bad one, with background to it. But definitely not how it happened in my save.

And that transpires to the team as well. Sometimes you go out having a good momentum, players in good shape, playing against a team struggling, their best players injured. They have 2 chances, score twice, you dominate the game, 30 chances, score 0. Not once, not twice, maybe 15 times in a season. Again, my strikers are Harry Kane, Son Heung-min and Gareth Bale. And whether you change the mentality to Attacking and demand more from the players or not, never changed a thing. Those are solely made for aesthetic purposes, never had any kind of impact to my team. And to tell how much the IA has no form of logics, should you play the same game 10 times, there's no way you find a common line to each and every game played. I mean, I know football couldn't be farther from a defined science, but come on, were a good team to play against the bottom one at home 10 times, you'd surely find some common statistics.

That's how the game is wrong. It encourages things that have nothing to do with real football. It overpowers wonderkids, tactical systems that exploit the flaws of the match engine, and annihilates any other form of success. I just finished my first season, Florentino Luis who had a blend year at Monaco joins Chelsea, Nuno Mendes who didn't even average a 7.0 rate goes to City, etc etc. And this happens every single time, every single save. The PA of wonderkids rules this game, plain and simple. But hey, how do real club recruit? On PA only? If so, Florentino Luis wouldn't have been loaned out to be a fringe player at Monaco. Tottenham wouldn't have let Marcus Edwards go. Sandro Tonali would be the best midfielder in Italy by now. Is that the case? Absolutely not. In real life, the environment, the staff, the player's mentality, his entourage, his performances, his playing time, a million things affects his PA, maximizing it, or destroying it. In FM, the PA rules, no matter what. Best PA wonderkids end up in the same clubs for the same amounts save after save.

Which leads to my final (for now) point: you don't need a director of football or a scouting department on FM. First of all, the scouting department is a joke. Many times I've assigned my scouts to specific missions in specific areas. For instance I'd ask him to scout Scotland for players between 15 and 20, they'd come back with reports for south american free agents over 30. Fantastic job. But what concerns me even more, is that each and every club in the game is supposed to have its way: build on your academy, play a certain brand of football, rely on players trading, etc etc Well, when it comes to big clubs, where the identity should prevail even more, all of this disappears. You don't need no Michael Edwards at Liverpool, they'd sell Salah at the end of the first season every time and bring in loads of players they'd never to in real life. Michael Edwards did a real job in spotting the players he picked in the real life, and that's why Liverpool is so successful. He picked them for their technical attributes, as well as for their personalities, and a potential that not anybody saw. Football Manager? You go to FM Scout, get acquainted with the wonderkids list, buy 'em all, and that's about it. There's no identity to the clubs in FM, it's just the big guns battling it out for the best wonderkids and regens.

Well I think you got me by this point. Just wanted to share my frustration, cause I was trying to do something with Tottenham. Long-term as well as short-term planning, create a unit of players with common traits, bonding with them, but I keep on losing to a bottom of the league Burnley for no specific reason, and that, I cannot tolerate anymore. I'm okay with losing, but when I lose, it's either I've been outcoached tactically, or I'm having a bad day once every 6 months. In this game, this is a russian roulette kind of IA. You don't get outcoached, you get lucky or not.

I know SI won't change a thing to all of that, and if the majority of gamers like it, so be it. I'm done.

I do not agree with anything you said. My game experience is exactly the opposite, but I don't download tactics, don't use FM scout, and don't reload games.

Look, all of these things you wrote are true... Because you are doing them. Don't download KNAP tactics, don't use FM Scout, You need to watch entire matches to see what tactics and player instructions are really doing. If you shoot 30 times on goal, and the opposition scores from two only shots, again, you need to watch the game to fully understand why this is the case. I feel this edition (and older ones) really does a good job of telling you what is going on on the pitch.

There is a specific reason why you lost to Burnley, you just haven't discovered it. Maybe the game wasn't explicit enough about it, but if you watched the entire match in full detail and attention, I'm pretty sure you'd figure it out.