What do you do when the goals dry up? I am playing as Bayern and until the last half dozen games I was scoring for fun now I'm only getting 1 goal a game. It's only the first half of the first season too so it's not like the AI is familiar with the tactic.

I am using a variant of this 4-2-3-1 Wide in my DVSC career in Hungary as a secondary tactic with a DLP in Central Midfield.

That DLP created 13 assists in 20 appearances. (Only plays when I use the tactic)

Biggest thing I have found is that if you aren't using Lewandowski at CF...you need another source of goals....usually for me the AML.

Yes, I rule the Hungarian League having won 4 Straight League titles but only one domestic cup!....I also act like Bayern by buying every promising Hungarian Player from my rivals....

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2021 at 22:13, drew_3 said:

What do you do when the goals dry up? I am playing as Bayern and until the last half dozen games I was scoring for fun now I'm only getting 1 goal a game. It's only the first half of the first season too so it's not like the AI is familiar with the tactic.

This is exactly where I am. First few games, I scored loads. Then we seemed to stop creating chances. 

I've also adapted the formation and created a 4-1-2-2-1, which I feel suits my squad better. @Rashidi - any tips on reviving a team when the chances dry up? And how would you set up in a 4-1-2-2-1? I've attached how I'm setting up, if you're willing to offer any tips....

1975974475_Screenshot2021-01-12at22_04_35.png.84543af4788fbd962ab327d12e2f9fda.png

Edited by thesharmz
Added image

When struggling to score goals I try to change CF-SU to CF-AT, CM-D to DL-D or more riskier to AP-S, WB-A to CWB-A. Then inreasing tempo, switching to positive mentality and playing wider might also help but keep in mind that you will deviate from original possession based tactic if you do these things and become more prone to counter attacks.

@thesharmzHaving VVD on Cover whilst playing with an Offside Trap makes no sense. You want him to drop deeper than the Defensive Line but also step up to play the Offside Trap. You need to remove one or the other.

1 hour ago, Elitee said:

@thesharmzHaving VVD on Cover whilst playing with an Offside Trap makes no sense. You want him to drop deeper than the Defensive Line but also step up to play the Offside Trap. You need to remove one or the other.

Thanks @Elitee - good shout. My defence isn't really the issue with this tactic, but I take your point. My issue was more in line with what @drew_3 said about the goals drying up and the fluid play disappearing.