[Gibraltar] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to Gibraltar here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Gibraltar should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

Joe Ballantine (89055154) is currently a Free Agent in game

According to his Twitter he is a 'qualified level 1 coach (working on level 2) football coach with LincolnRedImps'

His LinkedIn states that he is 'Football Coach for Lincoln Red Imps under 16s and under 23s'

https://twitter.com/ballantine1 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseph-ballantine-232801151/

Edited by tv_capper

15 hours ago, tv_capper said:

Joe Ballantine (89055154) is currently a Free Agent in game

According to his Twitter he is a 'qualified level 1 coach (working on level 2) football coach with LincolnRedImps'

His LinkedIn states that he is 'Football Coach for Lincoln Red Imps under 16s and under 23s'

https://twitter.com/ballantine1 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseph-ballantine-232801151/

Thanks i have not spoken to him in a while and was only doing U16s last time i spoke which is why he wasn't there. Will sort out now. 

• SI Staff
On 27/11/2020 at 23:48, grff said:

After the league splits after 11 games, I've noticed that multiple matchdays have two games kicking off at the same time at the same stadium.

This would be one for @Freddie Sands to have a look at., I think. 

It is a competition/league-specific rule issue, but I don't think we have a thread for Gibraltar in that section of the forums, at the current time.

22 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

This would be one for @Freddie Sands to have a look at., I think. 

It is a competition/league-specific rule issue, but I don't think we have a thread for Gibraltar in that section of the forums, at the current time.

No we don't at the moment.

I'm not sure if the 5 gib players in a match line-up rule is correctly reflected in FM.

I've had a look at the GFA rulebook and it states that each line-up must contain 5 HG players which then goes on to explain what is classed as HG in gibraltar and one of them is "He has lived continuously in Gibraltar for at least two years"

I think being HG in England involves being trained at an English club for 2 years (maybe 3) before the player's 21st birthday, but Gib don't mention the same rule in their rulebook.

For example, in my save GK Alan Martin is now eligible to play for Gib as he's been in living in the country for over 2 years but he still doesn't get classed as one of the 5 HG when I chuck him in the line-up, when my understanding is that he should be.

Hope that makes sense.

I've been editing through FMRTE and noticed that there are a few players that are born in Gib, always played in Gib but aren't classed as HG for them to be counted as one of the 5 HG players. A few examples...

Patrick McCarthy https://www.gibraltarfa.com/player/patrick-mccarthy-11086
Adam Priestley (moved him to College 1975 as a test and he wasn't classed as HG)
Thomas Palao

It's seems that SI have some kind of coding that isn't working properly.

Also noticed a weird thing with Francis Huart in that has the following nationality info but isn't classed as home grown on the lynx squad list...

image.thumb.png.cdd1e30cffa2f4216680a7ec83e535cd.png

image.thumb.png.dc25148076d7d77e90e25ade298e53e4.png

Another example is Ross Gray been in Gibraltar a couple of seasons but eligibility rules state 5 years ? This has now changed to 2 years due to the British Overseas rule. So he should be available as a HGP.image.png.50a5b51aba8a0a50386616a9f62d478c.png

Regarding HG status...

FIFA did change the rules in general but the home nations can have their own rule that overrides FIFA's as stated in section 2 of that screenshot.

Either way, the game has the rules wrong. It must either be UK resident can play for Gib after 2 years and also gain HG, or can't play & gain HG until after 5 years. It can't be half and half.

Although that rule change came at a FIFA meeting on 18 September 2020, the Gib rulebook was released a month later (16 October 2020) so I would expect the GFA are sticking with the 2 year rule which they can decide themselves under the power of the home nations agreement.

1 minute ago, grff said:

Regarding HG status...

FIFA did change the rules in general but the home nations can have their own rule that overrides FIFA's as stated in section 2 of that screenshot.

Either way, the game has the rules wrong. It must either be UK resident can play for Gib after 2 years and also gain HG, or can't play & gain HG until after 5 years. It can't be half and half.

Although that rule change came at a FIFA meeting on 18 September 2020, the Gib rulebook was released a month later (16 October 2020) so I would expect the GFA are sticking with the 2 year rule which they can decide themselves under the power of the home nations agreement.

Thanks @grff

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

I think that u are the right person to ask. If this something that i can change myself before starting the game (editor) ? Or will this be fixed with a future patch , that is save comp ?

I will look into it i was going to put  file up on the forums, will do this tomorrow.

Edited by cel1234

• 5 weeks later...

I've encountered a problem during the 2028 season where no league squad registration happens. The rules are still in the league info but August passes by without me having to register any players for a league squad.

Save game uploaded under "grff - GIB reg"

Also the Brexit rules have been changed for Gibraltar following talks between the UK and Spain/EU. This should make it easier to sign non-Gib/UK players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55497084

• 2 months later...

I started a new save in Gibraltar with the latest update of 15 march.

When my game passed 1 january I got a message that there were some new rules. The problem now is that all my players from Gibraltar are classed as 'foreign Non-eu' players and I can only register 3 of them in my squad. (see screenshot)

Does anyone have a solution for this?

efe09ab0f33593575fc31c81c5e90ea6.png

On 25/03/2021 at 10:53, RoCCo_42 said:

Hi. Dayle Coleing (36510004) - Did he play in the Turks & Caicos Islands League? - 

hOiK0z.png

That must be a bug when using unknown club (england)

On 25/03/2021 at 14:28, LukaD12 said:

Is it normal that there's no reward ceremony or season overview at the end of a season? No Best XI or anything either?

There should be all the awards are in the game Database, will check

Yes they are all there ??

image.png.1afa09023cdc8126f414eb5a1e492a3b.png

image.png.9c97c206639362eb6198144ef9a0e1ca.png

All awards available

Edited by cel1234

16 hours ago, cel1234 said:

There should be all the awards are in the game Database, will check

Yes they are all there ??

image.png.1afa09023cdc8126f414eb5a1e492a3b.png

image.png.9c97c206639362eb6198144ef9a0e1ca.png

All awards available

Sorry I didn't edit this before. Weirdly enough the awards only started popping up in my second season, same with the end of season overview. But it's all good now I think!

On 23/03/2021 at 22:29, cel1234 said:

I signed up because I had the same problem with Gibraltar players being counted as foreign players. Where should I put the file? Should we rename it?

I ask this because when I download the file, there is this name there: 239509937_GibraltarLeague.fmf

Edited by fulgur59
adding a question

The update is done automatically? Or do you have to create a new part? The change was not made on the game even though I unsubscribed and then subscribed again

In any case, thank you for the speed of your response and the quality of the work done!

14 hours ago, fulgur59 said:

The update is done automatically? Or do you have to create a new part? The change was not made on the game even though I unsubscribed and then subscribed again

In any case, thank you for the speed of your response and the quality of the work done!

Thankyou for the kind words and done automatically.

10 hours ago, MrSkittles said:

Can I download Gibraltar League for default database? Updated file doesn't work on default 21.1.1 db.

Not this update as i took Boca out of the league as IRL. SI were meant to do it so both could be played.

• 3 weeks later...

@cel1234 in your latest file , is the problem with foreign players (from other teams) that can't be registrered, fixed ? And the prize money situation ? Winner of both parts aren't given 125/150k ? (can't remember) ?

Thinking about going again to the rock :) 

On 16/04/2021 at 18:35, OlivierL said:

@cel1234 in your latest file , is the problem with foreign players (from other teams) that can't be registrered, fixed ? And the prize money situation ? Winner of both parts aren't given 125/150k ? (can't remember) ?

Thinking about going again to the rock :) 

Yes mate regs are now fixed and which file ?

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed a problem with the club indices and I don't know if this is normal:

- 21/22 with an index of 4.0
I climb to the group stage of Euro Cup II (3rd European Cup) where I win 2 matches

-22/23 with an index of 3.0
I climb to the group stage of the Euro Cup (2nd European Cup) where I win 1 match and draw. I qualify for the final phase of Euro Cup II (unfortunately immediately defeated)

I have a much better course in season 22/23 but I have a smaller hint :( why?

I also have another question concerning the rules of the championship of Gibraltar: can it evolve over time, in particular on the number of players formed in the country in the 11th start?
Currently it is 5 and I find that huge!

Saison européenne 22-23.PNG

Saison européenne 21-22.PNG

Indice clubs Gibraltar.PNG

On 06/05/2021 at 13:56, fulgur59 said:

I noticed a problem with the club indices and I don't know if this is normal:

- 21/22 with an index of 4.0
I climb to the group stage of Euro Cup II (3rd European Cup) where I win 2 matches

-22/23 with an index of 3.0
I climb to the group stage of the Euro Cup (2nd European Cup) where I win 1 match and draw. I qualify for the final phase of Euro Cup II (unfortunately immediately defeated)

I have a much better course in season 22/23 but I have a smaller hint :( why?

Indice clubs Gibraltar.PNG

That's correct, qualifiers don't count towards the final score (unless eliminated, if that's the case then: 1.0 1st qual   1.5 2nd qual   2.0 3rd qual     Playoff 2.5     Group Qual UEL and UECL 3.0)  then anything you gain in the group counts towards your final score, unless it's below 3.0 then it will be 3.0,   so first year you got 2 wins = 4.0   second you got 1 win and 1 draw = 3.0

Also the HGP rule is correct as of this season it's to help the national team and i don't think it will be changing anytime soon. But some exciting news dropped yesterday that clubs will share UEFA prize monies https://www.gibraltarfa.com/news/landmark-prize-sharing-agreement-signed-274

• 1 month later...

Hey, whats the crack with the Gib database. Thinking of starting a new game as i always enjoy building a team/nation there. Just wondering which database i go with + saw about downloading a no brexit file? Any help appreciated along with facepacks etc. Cheers