[England Regional Leagues – Level 9] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to England's Regional Leagues (Level 9) here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for England's Regional Leagues (Level 9) should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

I can't see a specific thread for Level 12 but it seems Ben Marshall (ex-Norwich winger) has been removed from the FM21 database? He didn't come out in a search and I have all English players loaded.

In reality, since January 2020 he has been at Tier 12 side Stoneclough FC and has renewed his contract with them for another year in July 2020. I appreciate that his club probably don't have a researcher at that level and/or may not even be a club in the database, but could Ben not be put back in the game as a free agent? He would easily be able to play League 2 level.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/12th-tier-club-sign-ex-premier-league-and-efl-player/

If there is a better place to put this request please could you direct me or move it there for me?

Thanks.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I can't see a specific thread for Level 12 but it seems Ben Marshall (ex-Norwich winger) has been removed from the FM21 database? He didn't come out in a search and I have all English players loaded.

In reality, since January 2020 he has been at Tier 12 side Stoneclough FC and has renewed his contract with them for another year in July 2020. I appreciate that his club probably don't have a researcher at that level and/or may not even be a club in the database, but could Ben not be put back in the game as a free agent? He would easily be able to play League 2 level.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/12th-tier-club-sign-ex-premier-league-and-efl-player/

If there is a better place to put this request please could you direct me or move it there for me?

Thanks.

Cheers @Jogo Bonito. This is probably the best place for that to go. 

I've checked the database and he is still there but unattached, so he wasn't extracted this time.

14 minutes ago, Ed Hewison said:

Cheers @Jogo Bonito. This is probably the best place for that to go. 

I've checked the database and he is still there but unattached, so he wasn't extracted this time.

Thanks for the reply Ed. That's very strange though.

I have just over 125,000 players loaded with all English nationality players checked, and only English leagues playable - but he doesn't appear in any name search. He did in FM20. Could there be any other reason for that, perhaps his or his last club reputation is too low? Or could there be any other specific settings he has? There isn't a way to search by player ID in game is there?

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Thanks for the reply Ed. That's very strange though.

I have just over 125,000 players loaded with all English nationality players checked, and only English leagues playable - but he doesn't appear in any name search. He did in FM20. Could there be any other reason for that, perhaps his or his last club reputation is too low? Or could there be any other specific settings he has? There isn't a way to search by player ID in game is there?

I've looked into it a bit more. It looks like he is set to not be included in our database, at the current time.

2 minutes ago, Ed Hewison said:

I've looked into it a bit more. It looks like he is set to not be included in our database, at the current time.

Interesting. I wonder what prompted that. Perhaps he has expressed a desire not to play pro football again (although I haven't seen it). Something has clearly been done purposefully though as he was in the FM20 database and could be signed. Not the answer I wanted obviously, and assume that won't be reverted?

Thanks for taking the time to look in to it regardless of how it ends.

• SI Staff

We don't include players at level 12. That's it. Therefore, we decided not to include him.

You say he could play League Two. So, why isn't he? I suspect it is because he doesn't want to.

There are too many questions marks about him, his current levels of ability, fitness, his mentality and desire to be a pro footballer. So it was best not to include him in the game until he proves otherwise. He'd become a cheat player if he'd have been left in.

14 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

We don't include players at level 12. That's it. Therefore, we decided not to include him.

You say he could play League Two. So, why isn't he? I suspect it is because he doesn't want to.

There are too many questions marks about him, his current levels of ability, fitness, his mentality and desire to be a pro footballer. So it was best not to include him in the game until he proves otherwise. He'd become a cheat player if he'd have been left in.

All fair points, and although I had earmarked to sign him your views on his desire to play pro football are actually very similar to mine. Thanks for taking the time to explain your thought process.

3 hours ago, Timma said:

These are free agents as well but Jack Biggs (29073103) and Rory Worthing (29086066) both have duplicate profiles which are more complete.

Both duplicates have been sorted out now

Not a league but a player, the mystery of Toby Wells.... He was in FM20 as well as a free agent, had a period at Barrow after his Aberdeen record apparently but the biggest part that always got me was his height. Surely a error? 

4'11 defender ?!? Thats one inch off Dwarfism (4'10) 

Cant find much about him but it does say hes taller on Trasnsfermarkt.com

image.png.57c799ffd6d645a61ca4ab03cd6123be.png

Says Enfield Town are owned but New Salamis (Enfield are the first fan owned club) and this club also play at Enfield town Stadium 

just had a look on the internet and strangely it says on Wiki that the home ground is the QE2 stadium but can’t see any other information confirming this 

Lebaq United (2000024572) should be spelt Lebeq United & based at Oaklands Park (7940253) in Almondsbury instead of the one in Chichester (8601499).

Nostell Miners Welfare (30019953) play at Crofton Community Centre (29106497) in Wakefie;d rather than at Cougar Park in Keighley.

Edited by AhMostyn
Additional info

19 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

Lebaq United (2000024572) should be spelt Lebeq United & based at Oaklands Park (7940253) in Almondsbury instead of the one in Chichester (8601499).

Nostell Miners Welfare (30019953) play at Crofton Community Centre (29106497) in Wakefie;d rather than at Cougar Park in Keighley.

Have done both of these now

On 01/12/2020 at 17:10, wesleymcuk said:

Says Enfield Town are owned but New Salamis (Enfield are the first fan owned club) and this club also play at Enfield town Stadium 

just had a look on the internet and strangely it says on Wiki that the home ground is the QE2 stadium but can’t see any other information confirming this 

I have looked into the ownership of the stadium as that is what I think you are saying and have changed the ownership of the QEII stadium to council as most places I have looked now say that Enfield Council own the stadium.

What I have found though is that it seems New Salamis dont actually play games there anymore and are ground sharing at Haringey Borough ground this season

19 hours ago, jtaddy said:

Hi Guys, hope you are well. 

Northern League Division Two (Level 10) is missing a team off in the league Easington Colliery aren't on the game at all i can see.

Easington Colliery are in the database but at the time the data was used for the game release it seems the team were set as extinct.  I can see though that the researcher for the Northern League Division Two has recently corrected that.

On 06/12/2020 at 14:59, Wormbo said:

I have looked into the ownership of the stadium as that is what I think you are saying and have changed the ownership of the QEII stadium to council as most places I have looked now say that Enfield Council own the stadium.

What I have found though is that it seems New Salamis dont actually play games there anymore and are ground sharing at Haringey Borough ground this season

Thanks and it also says Enfield (the club) are owned by New Salamis as well 

• 2 weeks later...

Walthamstow have legacy colours from when they were Waltham Forest. In game they show as having a white home kit, and yellow away kit; however, their new kits are two-tone blue hoops with some white trim and away kit is all red with white trim.

Home kit (Blue):

hashtag-h-773x380.jpg

Away kit:

wingate-a-11-8-2-89-773x380.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2020 at 14:10, joshpmilton said:

Walthamstow have legacy colours from when they were Waltham Forest. In game they show as having a white home kit, and yellow away kit; however, their new kits are two-tone blue hoops with some white trim and away kit is all red with white trim.

Home kit (Blue):

hashtag-h-773x380.jpg

Away kit:

wingate-a-11-8-2-89-773x380.jpg

Have updated the kit colours based on your pictures

• 1 month later...

Broadbridge Heath play at a new stadium - The Countryside Stadium (the unsponsored name is High Wood Hill Sports Ground), Horsham RH12 3YS (Lat 51.063, Long -0.359) - just south of their existing ground. Capacity shown as 1,000 on Wiki but no indication of seating capacity.

Canterbury City play at Salters Lane, Faversham (29065194)

CB Hounslow appear to be playing at a combination of Bedfont Sports Recreation Ground (29106446) & their own ground (Green Lane, Hounslow, TW4 6DH Lat 51.468, Long -0.404) this year - the majority of completed games have been at BSRG - rather than at Bedfont & Feltham's The Orchard (8325292).

Langney Wanderers play at Priory Lane (142038), groundsharing with Eastbourne Borough, rather than at Shinewater Sports Ground (90070263)

Little Common play at The Oval (5105794), groundsharing with Eastbourne United Association, rather than at Little Common Recreation Ground (90070265)

Northallerton Town play at The Calvert Stadium, Ainderby Road, Northallerton, DL7 8HA (Lat 54.328, Long -1.454) - capacity of approx 3000 (wiki source) of which 200 seats (club website).

Punjab United play at Elite Venue, Gravesend, DA12 5ND (Lat 51.418, Long 0.377) - capacity c1000

Steyning Town play at the Shooting Field, Steyning (or Shoreham-by-Sea if not adding a new city), BN44 3RD (Lat 50.892, Long -0.328) - 3G pitch, c 1000 capacity & 100 seats

AFC Stoneham play at Stoneham Lane Complex, Eastleigh, SO16 2PA (Lat 50.948, -1.375) - 3G - capacity c 1000

Is there an appetite for stadium info for the level 10 clubs that are already in the game? Plus team details for the remaining 12 level 10 clubs that aren't in the default database.

Edited by AhMostyn

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

The Gibraltar Head Researcher added some of them in his spare time. He is trusted to do so.

We're concentrating on improving non-league research at levels 7, 8 and 9, before wasting scarce time on level 10. Until we get 7, 8 and 9 to be much better, we have not got time to moderate any lower than that.