[Scotland Premiership] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to Scotland's Premiership (Level 1) here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Scotland's Premiership (Level 1) should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

• Ed Hewison changed the title to [Scotland Premiership] Data Issues

I'm going to repost what I said in the previous thread:

I've been looking at the Hibs players in preparation for a save when the game is out, and I've noticed one peculiar thing.

Josh Doig, who is a left back in the game, and on his profile on the Hibs site that says he's "comfortable at centre-back, left-back or left wing-back", is right footed. Now granted I've never seen him play but it's odd to see a defender who plays exclusively on the left be right footed. I've tried to find footage of him playing to confirm and all I've found was 2 minute video. In that video you can see he dribbles with his left foot almost exclusively, an indicator that he prefers using his left foot, albeit he does take a shot with his right in the video. He also scored a goal against Celtic in a friendly with his right. I know the latter two pieces of evidence is contrary to the point he is left footed, but the fact he uses his left foot to dribble, even when he is cutting inside, is a strong indicator that he is left footed.

I could be wrong, but maybe it's an oversight by the Hibs researcher who made a simple mistake when putting his footedness. Currently he's very strong with his left and reasonable with his right, it should be swapped.

Also I'd like to highlight that they belaboured the point in the Tweet about his goal against Celtic that he is a "left sided defender", therefore that could be an indication that he's left footed. 

Also maybe give him some competency at left-wing back, as he's played there when Hibs played in a back 3, against Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers.

1 hour ago, AceAvenger said:

I'm going to repost what I said in the previous thread:

Also I'd like to highlight that they belaboured the point in the Tweet about his goal against Celtic that he is a "left sided defender", therefore that could be an indication that he's left footed. 

Also maybe give him some competency at left-wing back, as he's played there when Hibs played in a back 3, against Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers.

You are right, cheers. I found this article where he says his right foot's ok but he tries to avoid it where he can. We'll get him sorted whenever we're next able too.

hey guys why is it glen middleton not declared for scotland and his future lies with england plus james tavenier for scotland 6 yrs with rangers and i know he may not get selected but would be nice to see plus goldson and maybe edmundson for the future if gerrard decides to keep them for real be nice to have new blood for national side:)

8 minutes ago, Andrew Price said:

hey guys why is it glen middleton not declared for scotland and his future lies with england plus james tavenier for scotland 6 yrs with rangers and i know he may not get selected but would be nice to see plus goldson and maybe edmundson for the future if gerrard decides to keep them for real be nice to have new blood for national side:)

The "home" nations have an unwritten rule that you can only be selected if you have family links to a nation as in parents, grandparents, (why is a whole other issue). So Tav wont ever play for Scotland.

Just now, jimbo22 said:

The "home" nations have an unwritten rule that you can only be selected if you have family links to a nation as in parents, grandparents, (why is a whole other issue). So Tav wont ever play for Scotland.

yea i know that lol but be great to have in the game thou

1 minute ago, Andrew Price said:

Tavenier is not available for Scotland.  He does not fit any of the following

1. Born in Scotland.

2. Have a blood parent born in Scotland

3. Have a blood grandparent in Scotland

4. Educated in Scotland for 5 years before his 18th birthday

1 minute ago, ATW said:

Tavenier is not available for Scotland.  He does not fit any of the following

1. Born in Scotland.

2. Have a blood parent born in Scotland

3. Have a blood grandparent in Scotland

4. Educated in Scotland for 5 years before his 18th birthday

yea it use to be yrs ago untill the change the rule to 18 yrs old

3 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

The Scottish media was ridiculing some of the valuations today:

vALUATIONS.JPG.0b8fa95cd57b525976da44873540a4a7.JPG

Duffy is absolutely hopeless domestically and at international level yet his valuation and stats make him a top SPFL defender.  The people who gather the data must've seen this prior to release yet here we are.  Strange.

celtic in general are ***** so no suprise there 

7 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

The Scottish media was ridiculing some of the valuations today:

vALUATIONS.JPG.0b8fa95cd57b525976da44873540a4a7.JPG

Duffy is absolutely hopeless domestically and at international level yet his valuation and stats make him a top SPFL defender.  The people who gather the data must've seen this prior to release yet here we are.  Strange.

While it's nice to keep up with click bait, please remember that this is a data issues thread and should be used for that only.

Valuations are not a data issue as they are not something we directly control.

For what it's worth, within the article - written as it is to attract clicks which result in The Sun getting revenue - it makes a point of mentioning that Duffy's valuation is as a result of him being on loan.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Andrew Price said:

celtic in general are ***** so no suprise there 

Andrew- this thread is for reporting data issues in the game - it is not for comments like this.  Please read the posting guidelines before posting again as any further posts like this will be removed.

Hey,

I raised this in the beta bugs before but doesn't appear to be fixed.

A load of hair colours (in Scotland at least) are wrong in the match engine. 

Players I've noticed so far that all have blonde hair in the match highlights for some reason (Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen), Ryan Christie (Celtic), Ryan Kent (Rangers), John Souttar (Hearts), Martin Boyle (Hibs), James Forrest (Celtic), Michael Smith (Hearts), Michael O'Halloran (St. Johnstone) and Craig Bryson (St. Johnstone).

Some of these players do have lighter hair irl but not the sandy colour they all have in game. Some of them are just plain wrong as well.

On 25/11/2020 at 14:10, Johnsey said:

Hey,

I raised this in the beta bugs before but doesn't appear to be fixed.

A load of hair colours (in Scotland at least) are wrong in the match engine. 

Players I've noticed so far that all have blonde hair in the match highlights for some reason (Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen), Ryan Christie (Celtic), Ryan Kent (Rangers), John Souttar (Hearts), Martin Boyle (Hibs), James Forrest (Celtic), Michael Smith (Hearts), Michael O'Halloran (St. Johnstone) and Craig Bryson (St. Johnstone).

Some of these players do have lighter hair irl but not the sandy colour they all have in game. Some of them are just plain wrong as well.

Cheers. Got these fixed for whenever there's a data update.

Not sure if this is the right place but I've just got the game and started with Rangers and in the September international break Aribo went off with Nigeria and won his 1st cap.

However, he won his first cap back in September 2019 and as far as I can see currently has 6 caps for his Nigeria.

2 of his cap have come in November of this year, so he should start with 4 cap to his name.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-aribo-scores-nigeria-debut-19985156

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if not the correct place, but was wondering if the 'past winners' column of the Scottish Cup will be updated to include last season's final (played on 20/12)? There's last year's Copa del Rey final outstanding too although not gonna be played for a while.

Ive come to the conclusion Martin Boyle acceleration has increased this season, His overall speed is second to none, Pace is perfect but acceleration should be in the range of 17-18.

Alex Gogic bravery on the pitch is unbelievable and his leadership has come on leaps and bounds this season. Perhaps these need reviewed, in my opinion bravery around 18 leadership, 15, Determination 15-16.

Chris Doidge's Ability in the air has been unbelievably overlooked, He's likely the best target man in Scotland right now, I feel Heading should be 17, jumping reach 16, bravery 15, should maybe see a small increase on shooting too.

Joe Newell has been Hibs best player in the last couple of months, his ability needs a major boost.

Steven Bradley has made his first team debut and is highly regarded as a huge prospect at easter road, looks like the players and manager really rate him as shown by the reaction by the players on twitter, so his ability and potential should be increased. 

Ofir Marciano's hidden stats should be review as in interviews and videos from him he's nothing short of a model citizen.

David Gray has not played nearly enough to warrant his ability at the start of the game and I have doubts he will play at this level again. but on the other hand should 100% be considered a legend in the general info section as he brought Hibs their first Scottish cup win in 114 years with a header late in stoppage time.

On a lighter note Paul McGinn has been somewhat of a revelation at centre back forming a great partnership with Porteous and Hanlon. He needs to be a natural at centre back and a fair increase in ability.

This Hibs team is performing at a higher level than expected so this is why I feel a couple of changes would be adequate.

If you need any more info on Hibs and i'd be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

apologies, yes my reasons are, i feel he needs an update for potential, hes a goal scorer, got something about him, and has a decent future ahead of him, some stats just need to tweeked certainly for his potental,  id say around the 130 mark - 138 highest.

I think the stats of some of the Rangers players should be re-evaluated. I would suggest these players need to be looked at:

James Tavernier - He has been immense all season and has showed huge improvement in his defensive ability, his tackling and marking seem too low. Also his Jumping reach and Heading are low for a player who is getting in to the box and winning headers/scoring goals.

Connor Goldson - He has also been brilliant this season with his range of passing and threat at set pieces. His heading has improved as he is taking a lot more chances than in previous seasons.

Kemar Roofe - His goal scoring record has been very impressive as has his control  of the ball. Looking at some of his goals I feel 13 finishing and 12 long shots is very harsh. 13 First touch doesn’t do him justice either.

Glen Kamara - The way he has controlled the midfield in most of the games rangers have played has been brilliant. I feel his mental attributes such as composure, decisions and work rate are too low. I also think 4 bravery is harsh.  

Nathan Patterson - This is based on the little bits seen this season but I think he needs a boost in his CA, he’s Rangers 2nd choice RB and I feel Gerrard has shown trust in him by not signing someone more experienced. When he’s played you can see the player as good ability on the ball and a decent crossing ability.

On 01/02/2021 at 17:55, crarfc said:

apologies, yes my reasons are, i feel he needs an update for potential, hes a goal scorer, got something about him, and has a decent future ahead of him, some stats just need to tweeked certainly for his potental,  id say around the 130 mark - 138 highest.

Just taking forward with his point, which I one hundred percent agree with.

Nisbet is the probably the best finisher in Scotland right now, deserves an increase in finishing, off the ball, a huge increase in composure and a small increase for long shots. he's worked his socks off this season and deserves a fair increase in work rate.

Martin Boyle's frequently played at striker for hibs this season, needs to be a natural there, also played left wing at times so maybe competent there. he needs an increase to acceleration as he is by far the fastest player in the league over a short burst. he's also hitting the net, he's fifth top goal scorer in the premier this season I feel a fair boost to shooting to 16. Mentally you can tell he's developed and his decisions need increased from 4.

Josh Doig, do I really need to say anything else? golden boy of the spfl. Please give this boy an increase to ability and potential. arsenal were very close to signing him in januray.

Paul McGinn is a centre back.

Joe Newell has been hibs best player this season needs a fair boost to ability.

this hibs team is doing way better than expected.

On 06/02/2021 at 13:07, kyzo1104 said:

Just taking forward with his point, which I one hundred percent agree with.

Nisbet is the probably the best finisher in Scotland right now, deserves an increase in finishing, off the ball, a huge increase in composure and a small increase for long shots. he's worked his socks off this season and deserves a fair increase in work rate.

He is not the best finisher in Scotland, cmon.

Edouard and Griffiths are much better.

The boy does have lots of potential tho.

3 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

He is not the best finisher in Scotland, cmon.

Edouard and Griffiths are much better.

The boy does have lots of potential tho.

Fair point but supply he gets at Celtic is far better than what nisbet gets at hibs. if there was a way of checking id bet my house on it nisbet has a better shot to goal ratio than Edouard, he's not at the level he was at a couple season ago and although I love Griffiths he's not even a starter in one of the worst Celtic teams in a long time. 

11 minutes ago, kyzo1104 said:

Fair point but supply he gets at Celtic is far better than what nisbet gets at hibs. if there was a way of checking id bet my house on it nisbet has a better shot to goal ratio than Edouard, he's not at the level he was at a couple season ago and although I love Griffiths he's not even a starter in one of the worst Celtic teams in a long time. 

Edouard has downed tools due to not being allowed to leave in the summer,

Griffiths aint getting a start as his attitude and professionalism have been appalling seemingly. 

Did Nesbit really put a transfer request in as reported last week? Poor form if thats true, hes only been at hibs for what?  8 months or so? Perhaps lower his loyalty?

1 hour ago, bigbeezer said:

Edouard has downed tools due to not being allowed to leave in the summer,

Griffiths aint getting a start as his attitude and professionalism have been appalling seemingly. 

Did Nesbit really put a transfer request in as reported last week? Poor form if thats true, hes only been at hibs for what?  8 months or so? Perhaps lower his loyalty?

Thats besides the point, they're the best 3 finishers in the league. but I feel nisbet has shown he is currently the best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tavernier about to lead Rangers to a 55th league title yet only has 13 leadership? Goldson is vice captain and has 17 leadership in comparison to the captain.

Rangers stats over the board haven't been bumped up enough imo.

Nathan Young-Coombes future transfer to Brentford is missing.

Directors missing from the board.

George Charlton missing as a recruitment analyst.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Tavernier about to lead Rangers to a 55th league title yet only has 13 leadership? Goldson is vice captain and has 17 leadership in comparison to the captain.

Rangers stats over the board haven't been bumped up enough imo.

Nathan Young-Coombes future transfer to Brentford is missing.

Directors missing from the board.

George Charlton missing as a recruitment analyst.

1. Gerrard inherited Tavernier as captain after Murty gave him the role. Would probably have upset the dressing room if he came in and changed things. I think everyone can see and hear that Connor Goldson is the real leader of the group, probably with McGregor not far behind. But Tavernier wears the armband and leads in a different way.

2. Examples? There's been quite a lot of changes (both up and down) in the update.

3. Hasn't been confirmed.

4. Examples?

5. Thanks, will take a look at this one

Morelos downgrade seems extremely harsh, he had a shaky start to the season with transfer bids perhaps turning his head, but I would argue since then he’s actually improved his all round game, providing assists as well as goals. His recent performance against Antwerp just goes to show how far he’s come. 

21 minutes ago, Ter said:

1. Gerrard inherited Tavernier as captain after Murty gave him the role. Would probably have upset the dressing room if he came in and changed things. I think everyone can see and hear that Connor Goldson is the real leader of the group, probably with McGregor not far behind. But Tavernier wears the armband and leads in a different way.

2. Examples? There's been quite a lot of changes (both up and down) in the update.

4. Examples?

Gerrard didn’t want to upset the dressing room on arrival? He completely changed the dressing room bar 4 or 5 players, if he didn’t want Tavernier as captain he would of removed him and selected someone else. It’s clear that Gerrard believes Tavernier is the best choice.

1 hour ago, Ter said:

4. Examples?

1. Agree with you to a certain degree but Gerrard still chose him as captain and stuck by him. You would think Gerrard out of anyone in football knows what it takes to be captain. Shown unbelievable leadership qualities the 1st half of the season compared to the past few seasons. To be at 13 is a bit of a kick in the teeth. McGregor ain't a leader btw. Try telling the game at the start of every season that you want Tavernier as your captain instead of Goldson.

2. Far too many to name tbh. Some of the drops are borderline ridiculous. Chances that Celtic "stars" have suffered the same drop? 

3. Sure it was confirmed on the 10th of February.

4. John Bennett, Alastair Johnston, Graeme Park, Julian Wolhardt, Barry Scott.

5. Good to hear

Edited by ImDaWeasel

Ashwin Raman (2000054564) Dundee United

Is listed in the game as a Reserve Team Performance Analyst

An interview he gave to the BBC seems to suggest Recruitment Analyst is a better fit for his job 

(or Primary job with analyst as secondary role)

Most of his time is spent looking for new players the club can sign.

"I get told what type of player we want, go through the database and see who performs well for the profile of player we want."

"And if we have a shot at signing him, I'll spend hours watching him and report back if he's worth it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-55816277

He is also based in Bangalore, India but I don't know how that could be replicated in game

Edited by tv_capper

1 minute ago, tv_capper said:

Brentford have ‘reached an agreement’ to bring in Rangers’ Nathan Young-Coombes in the summer

https://the72.co.uk/220928/brentford-reach-an-agreement-to-bring-in-rangers-nathan-young-coombes-this-summer/

It needs to be officially announced by one club or both before we put it in, Football Insider 'understanding' something isn't enough.

12 minutes ago, tv_capper said:

Ashwin Raman (2000054564) Dundee United

Is listed in the game as a Reserve Team Performance Analyst

An interview he gave to the BBC seems to suggest Recruitment Analyst is a better fit for his job 

(or Primary job with analyst as secondary role)

Most of his time is spent looking for new players the club can sign.

"I get told what type of player we want, go through the database and see who performs well for the profile of player we want."

"And if we have a shot at signing him, I'll spend hours watching him and report back if he's worth it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-55816277

He is also based in Bangalore, India but I don't know how that could be replicated in game

I've given him his job in the game based upon what the department he works for considered the most appropriate role when I spoke to them at the time. It may be that his role has changed. As a point, the only reason Ashwin has come to prominence is because he was included in FM ;)

And no, we can't replicate his real life circumstances.