Jump to content

[England EFL Championship] Data Issues


Recommended Posts

A few changes for Blackburn Rovers

Stuart Harvey is "Head of Recruitment"  I guess this would translate in game as Head Scout in your database https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-progress-player-recruitment-17708410

Stewart Heppinstall is Head of Performance Analysis https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/backroom-staff/

Ryan Kidd is U18 Assistant manager https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17993629.rovers-announce-academy-role-former-bury-coach/

Glyn Chamberlain is a scout https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glyn-chamberlain/profil/trainer/15293

Blackburn paying £2500/week of Tom Trybull salary and no extra monthly fees https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19004772.rovers-paying-fraction-trybulls-norwich-city-salary/

Blackburn also should have sell on clauses in their favour for Shane Duffy (Brighton) and David Raya (Brentford) at 20-25% of the profit on their next transfer, as well as a promotion clause bonus (somewhere between £1 and £2 million from memory) for David Raya if Brentford get promoted

Many thanks

Edited by Christina_D
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Christina_D said:

Thank you, can you/anyone confirm that the other changes have been made?

Many thanks

As far as I can see it hasn't been done yet, but thats not to say it's not being done as part of an ongoing process that I cant currently see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@robterrace  Looking forward to the Jan Transfer Update, I know we've had a number of obscure signings and unheralded staff additions and all the academy and reserve player date of births are now available, not to mention many clear attribute changes needed.  Absolute pumped to play post update!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, lbowman6 said:

I noticed new Brentford signing - Ethan Robb- is appearing as 19 y/old in game when he is actually 18 according to Brentford’s website?

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/february/ethan-robb-signs-for-brentford-b-on-loan-until-the-end-of-202021-season/

 

Thanks, I think he's been given a generic DOB but will endeavor to correct it for the winter update.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry Redknapp needs readding to the database as he has returned to football as assistant manager to Jonathan Woodgate at Bournemouth. Maybe just keep people in as retired from hands on roles, crazy times. 

https://www.talksport.com/football/efl/831191/harry-redknapp-bournemouth-return-jonathan-woodgate-assistant/amp

ww.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12212493/harry-redknapp-former-bournemouth-manager-helping-out-caretaker-boss-jonathan-woodgate

Edited by Mr Ford 1877
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Mr Ford 1877 said:

Harry Redknapp needs readding to the database as he has returned to football as assistant manager to Jonathan Woodgate at Bournemouth. Maybe just keep people in as retired from hands on roles, crazy times. 

https://www.talksport.com/football/efl/831191/harry-redknapp-bournemouth-return-jonathan-woodgate-assistant/amp

ww.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12212493/harry-redknapp-former-bournemouth-manager-helping-out-caretaker-boss-jonathan-woodgate

I agree - even if it is not a role at Bournemouth in game he should still be a part of the active database for the next update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lbowman6 said:

I agree - even if it is not a role at Bournemouth in game he should still be a part of the active database for the next update.

Never say never with football. Kevin Keegan was linked to a return to Newcastle with the Saudi takeover, Martin O'Neill has been talking to agents about a management return. Glenn Hoddle also stated on twitter he has never closed the door on a return to a director of football or management role at a club. 

www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13461873/celtic-martin-oneill-return/amp/

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/glenn-hoddle-answers-your-questions-tanguy-ndombele-tottenham-b77045.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1606131442

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2021 at 14:10, lbowman6 said:

I noticed new Brentford signing - Ethan Robb- is appearing as 19 y/old in game when he is actually 18 according to Brentford’s website?

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/february/ethan-robb-signs-for-brentford-b-on-loan-until-the-end-of-202021-season/

His actual dob isn't published, so we can only guess at it. We're guessing which 'season' he's born in, as we do not have any evidence of his actual birthday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for contributions up to here, which will be included in the update where we have been able to prove the claims made.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 24/01/2021 at 21:06, Christina_D said:

Thank you, can you/anyone confirm that the other changes have been made?

Many thanks

Yes they have. Thanks very much for the info.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

 

Yes they have. Thanks very much for the info.

Many thanks, do you know when is the update due to be released? and is there going to be 2 updates (Feb and March) like last year?

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's marked as a striker in the database. May have been an oversight earlier with his position not having been set, but it will be correct in the next update.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott Wharton's contract is showing as ending in 2021, it should be 2022

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/new-deal-and-loan-for-scott/#:~:text=Scott Wharton has today signed,until the summer of 2022.

John Buckley now has a contract until 2024 with an option for an extra year

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/february/buckley-nets-new-deal/

Tyrhys Dolan now has a contract until 2024 with an option for an extra year

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/february/new-deal-for-dolan/

Bradley Dack  now has a contract until 2023 with an option for an extra year

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/december/dacks-back--and-hes-here-to-stay/

 

 

Edited by Christina_D
Link to post
Share on other sites

Note that the data lock for this 21.3.0 Winter Update was Monday 15th at 3pm. Therefore, Dean Holden's sacking was too late to make that update..

Pearson's appointment will appear in the expected second Winter Update, which caters for the late closing of the Russian and Chinese transfer windows (amongst others). Those windows close on 28th Feb, and that update will appear as soon as we can after that date.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to ask about Omar Richards at Reading - the update is now showing him as joining Bayern come the end of the season upon expiry of his contract, but that's something that's not been confirmed at all by either club or the player and is only something that's appearing in the press as "reported". It's effectively still only a rumour at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2021 at 16:10, Christina_D said:

Josh O'Keefe has retired as a player and become a physio for Blackburn Rovers U18s

https://www.chorleyfc.com/2020/05/27/okeefe-hangs-up-his-boots/

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/josh-o-keefe-ab50a055

On 16/02/2021 at 23:54, Christina_D said:

Scott Wharton's contract is showing as ending in 2021, it should be 2022

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/new-deal-and-loan-for-scott/#:~:text=Scott Wharton has today signed,until the summer of 2022.

John Buckley now has a contract until 2024 with an option for an extra year

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/february/buckley-nets-new-deal/

Tyrhys Dolan now has a contract until 2024 with an option for an extra year

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/february/new-deal-for-dolan/

 

 

I posted these previously but they are not in the update, will they be added in time for the March update?

 

Many thanks

Edited by Christina_D
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they will Christina_D, thanks for your input. 

Obviously some of those events happened after the data lock for this update, as explained above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, adamaust said:

I just wanted to ask about Omar Richards at Reading - the update is now showing him as joining Bayern come the end of the season upon expiry of his contract, but that's something that's not been confirmed at all by either club or the player and is only something that's appearing in the press as "reported". It's effectively still only a rumour at this point.

100% in agreement with you. This should not be in the game and he may (optimistic head on) still sign a new contract with Reading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

100% in agreement with you. This should not be in the game and he may (optimistic head on) still sign a new contract with Reading.

Absolutely baffling that it's been included. Would have been like sticking Sancho at United in the summer due to some reports saying it was done.

One that I would really urge @Dean Gripton to pass on to the relevant people, because as it stands it's a big error in the game files.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking through Bristol City

Sam Bell is listed as an attacking midfielder, he's a forward

Ryley Towler played in central midfield until his 2nd year scholar year so should be accomplished at least in the area

Opi Edwards converted to a WB/FB from winger, WB is listed but no Fb effectiveness listed on the pitch for how accomplished in each position

Link to post
Share on other sites

Towler has a 14 (competent) rating as MC.
Edwards - will add DR as a 10 at most, but that's really not a major issue.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ForestStoney.

Your post has been hidden as it is an insult-filled rant. That said, I'll take on board the criticism and address them.

I discussed Lolley, Figs/Worrall etc with the researcher, and he was ok with the ratings.

You are aware that, in football, some people have different opinions. Well, that's what has happened here.


Fin Back's 'best' position is calculated by the game to be in defence, but that is due to his good mental attributes. I'll nudge the DC rating down to 'accomplished' which will mean the game code works him out to be a ball-winning midfielder.

I've now edited the non-players who have left, having just checked out every non-player at Forest in the database, and those changes will appear in the final data update, apologies for not having updated those earlier. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

ForestStoney.

Your post has been hidden as it is an insult-filled rant. That said, I'll take on board the criticism and address them.

I discussed Lolley, Figs/Worrall etc with the researcher, and he was ok with the ratings.

You are aware that, in football, some people have different opinions. Well, that's what has happened here.


Fin Back's 'best' position is calculated by the game to be in defence, but that is due to his good mental attributes. I'll nudge the DC rating down to 'accomplished' which will mean the game code works him out to be a ball-winning midfielder.

I've now edited the non-players who have left, having just checked out every non-player at Forest in the database, and those changes will appear in the final data update, apologies for not having updated those earlier. 

 

Thanks for the reply Dean.

As for opinions, your point is correct and clearly I have a different opinion to the aforementioned researcher.  The issue then becomes whose opinion is more likely to be correct and the natural position you will take is to side with the researcher.   If you did a survey of 100 ultra knowledgable Forest fans, though, I would guess above 50% would say Worrall is our best player and most valuable one, notwithstanding a couple of youngsters we have (Mighten and Johnson) who could fetch silly money a la Ben Brereton and Arvin Appiah.  I would also gamble above 90% would say he is by far our best central defender.   It's so evidently apparent that to suggest otherwise is farcical.  

The opinion of current Nottingham Forest manager Chris Hughton is that Joe Lolley is not the best player in the club, else he would be playing regularly rather than being our fifth choice winger.  I think he is a good player still, but the game is clearly over-rating him and I wonder how someone following the club and researching could be happy with a player who can't get a game ahead of four other wingers being in an update as our best player.  Perhaps they don't rate Hughton's opinion.  Personally I think there is a reluctance to make changes for whatever reason and as a payer of the game for 18 years I feel like I deserve an answer.

Another example is Cafu, who the researcher has been able to watch all year as he has been an ever present in the side.  He is our 6th best CM in the latest update, behind Arter and Bachirou who aren't in Forest 25-man squad.  Now I can understand if he is not rated that highly rated as he is a polarising player, but anyone who watched him will have seen that he is quite adept in dead ball situations and this has been the biggest surprise element in his game, the ability to strike decent free kicks and corners and to be used in this way.   This doesn't seem to have been looked at.  He is probaby the least agile and slowest member of the team in general but he is rapid in the game.   To me, his attributes seem to have been massaged by someone who hasn't watched him play for Forest.  Why are there so few chances 8 months into the season when the researcher has had a chance to watch all these players and had a chance to make the game more realistic?

Gaetan Bong having a higher CA than Joe Worrall is an absolute travesty.

Again, a lot of this is subjective but then again you are saying that C.Hughton's opinion and mine is wrong. 

Fin Back is a goal-scoring midfielder and has no business being a defender.  

Cheers

ForestStoney

Edited by Dean Gripton
editing out the insults.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take your concerns up with the researcher. There is a further data update planned, as previously explained, and any changes made would be included in that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kimmanzambi01 said:

Brentford have a under 18s team on the winter update.

 

Brentford dont have a under 18s team in real life.

 

why has a under 18s team been added?

 

Nothing has been changed in the database for this to happen. I've started a quick test save and there they are though. Game bug @Dean Gripton, or could it be a result of having so many players in the U23/B team that the younger ones are pushed into an U18 team?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lewis Cook still has the same ridiculously high fixed PA he's had for the last 3-4 years. 

When I flagged this up in the November release I was advised by a researcher that new guidance was not to reduce a player's PA over their career, but I can point to numerous examples of those who have been decreased in this release, so that can't be the case. 

So why not Cook? Given his PA is currently in line with the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Jack Grealish, Mason Mount, Declan Rice, Weston Mckennie, Ruben Neves etc. There's no evidence he belongs in that company. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Deano565 said:

Lewis Cook still has the same ridiculously high fixed PA he's had for the last 3-4 years. 

When I flagged this up in the November release I was advised by a researcher that new guidance was not to reduce a player's PA over their career, but I can point to numerous examples of those who have been decreased in this release, so that can't be the case. 

So why not Cook? Given his PA is currently in line with the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Jack Grealish, Mason Mount, Declan Rice, Weston Mckennie, Ruben Neves etc. There's no evidence he belongs in that company. 

For older players, a players PA is set to their highest CA they achieved in their career, So it will show what he reached at his peak. It does not decrease with age. 

For younger players it's their potential they could reach.

So the PA of an aging player might be lowered if say the researcher set them at 150PA when they were younger and they never managed to play in the top flight or reach that level, and peaked at around CA130, their PA should be reduced to 130. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kadzidlo said:

For older players, a players PA is set to their highest CA they achieved in their career, So it will show what he reached at his peak. It does not decrease with age. 

For younger players it's their potential they could reach.

So the PA of an aging player might be lowered if say the researcher set them at 150PA when they were younger and they never managed to play in the top flight or reach that level, and peaked at around CA130, their PA should be reduced to 130. 

I'm assuming Cook is still classified as a young player at the start of the game, at age 23. But even if he isn't, Marcus Rashford is 8 months younger than Cook and has had his fixed PA lowered by 3 points from the November release to the winter update. 

On that basis Cook's could also have been lowered. 

It's a ridiculous PA seemingly still based on his 2017 U20 World Cup captaincy. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Deano565 said:

I'm assuming Cook is still classified as a young player at the start of the game, at age 23. But even if he isn't, Marcus Rashford is 8 months younger than Cook and has had his fixed PA lowered by 3 points from the November release to the winter update. 

On that basis Cook's could also have been lowered. 

It's a ridiculous PA seemingly still based on his 2017 U20 World Cup captaincy. 

 

Many players peak later in their careers, for a midfielder that might be late 20's (Rashford would probably peak around 26/27 as his game is built on pace) , so if he's 23 he still could have 6/7 years to reach his set PA. a move to a bigger club, in the Prem at the end of this season,  a few seasons on a winning team in the prem and he could end up being an England regular, he could also stay with Bournemouth, get relegated and be in League one in 2 years time, like Rodwell. So is it possible he could still reach that PA  over the next 5-6 years, that's question I think you need to be asking. and then put forward your reason as to why he could/could not reach it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, adamaust said:

Absolutely baffling that it's been included. Would have been like sticking Sancho at United in the summer due to some reports saying it was done.

One that I would really urge @Dean Gripton to pass on to the relevant people, because as it stands it's a big error in the game files.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional and has slipped through somehow @Kadzidlo?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kimmanzambi01 said:

Brentford have a under 18s team on the winter update.

Brentford dont have a under 18s team in real life.

why has a under 18s team been added?

 

6 hours ago, Brentford Alan said:

Nothing has been changed in the database for this to happen. I've started a quick test save and there they are though. Game bug @Dean Gripton, or could it be a result of having so many players in the U23/B team that the younger ones are pushed into an U18 team?

Cheers @kimmanzambi01 for reporting this issue. We're looking into it, at the moment. I think it's trying to put a Brentford team into the Youth Cup, so it creates a U18 team.
That'll be their U18s only fixtures each season, unless you've seen anything different. They shouldn't play any friendlies or be in a youth competition.

Again, let us know if you're seeing them in any of the English youth comps (apart from the Youth Cup).

All the data looks correct @Brentford Alan. The game is forcing a U18 team, for some reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...