[Germany Bundesliga] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

6 minutes ago, Georgej2323 said:

Haaland's biography is incorrect? he didn't join BVB in 18/19 

His Non-Player History has a join date of "2019" for Dortmund, the game is possibly interpreting that as 1/1/2019 in the biography which would have been in the 18/19 season. Needs a full join date adding- 1/1/2020. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, metal_guitarist said:

Guys, let's wind it in a bit. I will be removing the above messages because it's just descending into insults. BanOly has raised things that he feels are issues, if the research team don't feel the need to act on them then that is their right as researchers. Either way we don't need to get into personal insults. 

@BanOly - I'd also ask that, if you're going to accuse others of being sarcastic or childish, don't go down to their level by putting pictures of their posts as your profile banner. That's been removed now and please don't do it again, thanks.

It is perfectly acceptable for users to make their points as long as they stick to the posting guidelines.  It is also perfectly acceptable for the research team to respond to those points giving their reasons.  At that point there is no reason to continue with the same issues, so in order that we all don't have to spend any more time watching this thread, please lets move on without further comment.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, jonb33 said:

Karim Adeyemi not classified as trained in germany even though he is , is this the correct forum for that?

adeymi 1.png

adeymi 2.png

Hm, yes he was a Unterhaching from 1/7/2012 until 1/7/2018 so that's long enough. Strange. As he is currently set to RB Salzburg I'm asking @Fire_03 to have a look at this one.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, jonb33 said:

also haaland biography isn't updating in the game nor his milestones, and he is the only one i have encountered that issue with so far. gone 3 seasons in now , dont know if this is the correct thread :)

[snip]

I have no idea about this one:(
Perhaps you could log it here - I'm not sure where it should go:
https://community.sigames.com/forum/828-all-other-gameplay/

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, jfkk said:

i still waiting for this

We have set this in the database as mentioned. This will appear in the next update. We don't know yet when this will be, possibly next year.

On 29/11/2020 at 14:40, Buffalo12 said:

Philip Ivanoski is twice in the game

Inked20201129143455_1_LI.jpg

Dupe removed in the database, well spotted!

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, jfkk said:

matteo guendouzi's infos was correct in beta,why it was changed in this full version..isn't that ridiculous?

https://www.kicker.de/matteo-guendouzi/spieler/bundesliga/2020-21/hertha-bsc

It has now been fixed.

Football Manager traditionally has one or two data updates at we progress. This is set to appear whenever the forthcoming release is. Thank you for your patience.

12 minutes ago, jfkk said:

It's ridiculous that they change the correct information without enough research..sorry i have to say their mistake and i didn't buy this game to wait for an update

You've stated your point, they've said it's been fixed for the next update, if you keep on raising the same issue, you're only risking annoying the researchers (and moderators). Friendly advice, leave it be for now :)

2 dakika önce, Maaka said:

You've stated your point, they've said it's been fixed for the next update, if you keep on raising the same issue, you're only risking annoying the researchers (and moderators). Friendly advice, leave it be for now :)

well i'll be quiet now

1 hour ago, jfkk said:

well i'll be quiet now

Data changes are not normally included in a hotfix unless they are game breaking, so any data issues that have been reported will take some time to get into the game and the research team do not know when that will be.  Please be patient because this process cannot be speeded up

• SI Staff
On 30/11/2020 at 16:40, b13v3r said:

Jayden bennetts (paderborn today) should be linked with Keanan Bennetts (Gladbach). they are brothers

Both these players are in the English part of the database at the moment, so can't amend this - but I will ask the English guys to have a look - and send Jayden over.  Thanks.

I noticed that the salaries for many Bundesliga coaches might need to be reviewed because they seem often too high:

All in Million Euros per year

Flick 12.5 in FM21 -  according to BILD it's 8 million euros per year

https://www.sport.de/news/ne4145366/dieses-mega-gehalt-kassiert-hansi-flick-beim-fc-bayern/

The same article also mentions the salary of Labbadia (3 millions but only 1.4 in FM21) and Favre (6.8 millions in FM, but 4 million before his last extension in 2019 according to this article. So I think we didn't go from 4 to 6.8, that seems a bit high. Maybe 4.5 or 5 million per year would be more realistic).

Peter Bosz earns 5 millions per year in FM21. I don't have proof, but this seems a bit high to me and might be because of this (https://www.fussballtransfers.com/a500625702289199785-wegen-bosz-bvb-spart-millionengehalt). Dortmund saved 5 millions on his salary because he signed in Leverkusen. So 5 millions seems to be have been his salary in Dortmund. I think for Leverkusen 3.5 or 4 million euros per year is more realistic. But again, no proof here.

Also too high for me seems Gisdol & Baum with 2.6 millions per year, Lichte with 1.8 millions and Matarazzo with 2 millions per year.

According to BILD and FOCUS Gisdol & Baum earn 1 million (https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/1-fc-koeln-gehalt-praemien-absicherung-das-ist-der-gisdol-vertrag-71995482.bild.html & https://www.focus.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga1/48-millionen-euro-personalkosten-schalkes-gehaltsliste-trainer-baum-verdient-fast-genauso-viel-wie-sportchef-schneider_id_12693218.html). I can't find proof for Lichte and Matarazzo, but just by comparing with the other Bundesliga coaches they seem to earn to much in FM. Especially Lichte, who was just an assistant manager before.

A bit low might be the 1.1 millions per year that Hütter gets in FM21. According to SPORT BILD it's 2 millions per year (https://www.sport.de/news/ne3727206/eintracht-frankfurt-adi-huetter-bekam-offenbar-heimliche-gehaltserhoehung-bei-der-sge/).

---

Looking at the finances of the Bundesliga teams that also doesn't look correct everywhere.

Leverkusen for example has the lowest account balance in FM21 of all Bundesliga clubs with just 3.8 million Euros. How is that possible with also getting the Havertz millions just a few months ago? Schalke in comparison have in FM almost 90 million bank balance and 3.5 transfer budget plus 4 million remaining player wage budget. Just one example.

Of course COVID-19 changed a lot since then, but in July the DFL released the latest financial data of the clubs (https://media.dfl.de/sites/2/2020/07/Bundesliga-Clubs-der-Spielzeit-2020-21-Geschäftsjahresende-2019-Finanzkennzahlen-gemäß-§8-Nr-6k-LO.pdf). It needs to be tweaked a bit with regards to the COVID-impact of this year, but at least it gives good reliable information on debt etc. Maybe someone with a financial expertise can help translating these numbers into the FM21? Which one's to use for what?

---

Club Vision: I compared the club vision of the German teams with the one's from other countries. Seems like the German clubs have a lot more information there. On the one hand that's good, on the other hand too many entries in the club vision limit the clubs in FM too much. Someone raised a post about this regarding Bayern a while ago. Can't find it though. I'm not an expert for every team, but this would be my feedback for the club vision of Leverkusen:

Sign players under 23, don't sign players over 30 & play entertaining football seem realistic. As for Sign players based in nation & sign players of German nationality I don't agree. Of course every club has the interest to sign local players, but looking at the transfers from Leverkusen in the last years they didn't really seem to care about these two points a lot: Arias, Palacios, Tapsoba, Diaby, Sinkgraven, Schick etc. Definitely not really a focus on German players or players based in Germany. Of course there are also Demirbay, Wirtz, Amiri etc, but in order to be a part of the club vision these were to many signings in the last years that don't fit to these two points. So I would remove them.

One more small thing: Leon Bailey in the FM Cuts Inside from Left Wing, however I think this should be the other way around -> Cuts Inside from Right Wing.

---

In general good work! I think our new research team is going in the right direction. I'm really happy about the feedback in this thread, this hasn't been the case in every year. So I think we are on a good way to a great German database in FM :)

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, Chris Hamilton said:

Noticed there’s a lot of bundesliga teams missing a nickname including Dortmund. Pretty sure last year it was set as Der BVB and a quick look up shows they have a few; Die Borussen
Die Schwarzgelben (The Black and Yellows)
Der BVB (The BVB)

You are most definitely correct, but we have had requested by licensing that the nicknames were to be changed.

• SI Staff
On 02/12/2020 at 18:44, theo369f said:

https://gyazo.com/432e4324950d4b717623ec431c661292

It is quite surprising to be able to sign Lucas Hernandez for no more than 10m in S1

We don't have anything set in this regard, I can't tell you why this is - but this would not be a research issue. The only thing I can think of is that for some reason (not sure why!) the manager maybe considers him surplus and he can go for a relatively low amount.

• SI Staff
On 03/12/2020 at 15:51, ThomasK said:

I noticed that the salaries for many Bundesliga coaches might need to be reviewed because they seem often too high:

All in Million Euros per year

Flick 12.5 in FM21 -  according to BILD it's 8 million euros per year

https://www.sport.de/news/ne4145366/dieses-mega-gehalt-kassiert-hansi-flick-beim-fc-bayern/

The same article also mentions the salary of Labbadia (3 millions but only 1.4 in FM21) and Favre (6.8 millions in FM, but 4 million before his last extension in 2019 according to this article. So I think we didn't go from 4 to 6.8, that seems a bit high. Maybe 4.5 or 5 million per year would be more realistic).

Peter Bosz earns 5 millions per year in FM21. I don't have proof, but this seems a bit high to me and might be because of this (https://www.fussballtransfers.com/a500625702289199785-wegen-bosz-bvb-spart-millionengehalt). Dortmund saved 5 millions on his salary because he signed in Leverkusen. So 5 millions seems to be have been his salary in Dortmund. I think for Leverkusen 3.5 or 4 million euros per year is more realistic. But again, no proof here.

Also too high for me seems Gisdol & Baum with 2.6 millions per year, Lichte with 1.8 millions and Matarazzo with 2 millions per year.

According to BILD and FOCUS Gisdol & Baum earn 1 million (https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/1-fc-koeln-gehalt-praemien-absicherung-das-ist-der-gisdol-vertrag-71995482.bild.html & https://www.focus.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga1/48-millionen-euro-personalkosten-schalkes-gehaltsliste-trainer-baum-verdient-fast-genauso-viel-wie-sportchef-schneider_id_12693218.html). I can't find proof for Lichte and Matarazzo, but just by comparing with the other Bundesliga coaches they seem to earn to much in FM. Especially Lichte, who was just an assistant manager before.

A bit low might be the 1.1 millions per year that Hütter gets in FM21. According to SPORT BILD it's 2 millions per year (https://www.sport.de/news/ne3727206/eintracht-frankfurt-adi-huetter-bekam-offenbar-heimliche-gehaltserhoehung-bei-der-sge/).

---

Looking at the finances of the Bundesliga teams that also doesn't look correct everywhere.

Leverkusen for example has the lowest account balance in FM21 of all Bundesliga clubs with just 3.8 million Euros. How is that possible with also getting the Havertz millions just a few months ago? Schalke in comparison have in FM almost 90 million bank balance and 3.5 transfer budget plus 4 million remaining player wage budget. Just one example.

Of course COVID-19 changed a lot since then, but in July the DFL released the latest financial data of the clubs (https://media.dfl.de/sites/2/2020/07/Bundesliga-Clubs-der-Spielzeit-2020-21-Geschäftsjahresende-2019-Finanzkennzahlen-gemäß-§8-Nr-6k-LO.pdf). It needs to be tweaked a bit with regards to the COVID-impact of this year, but at least it gives good reliable information on debt etc. Maybe someone with a financial expertise can help translating these numbers into the FM21? Which one's to use for what?

---

Club Vision: I compared the club vision of the German teams with the one's from other countries. Seems like the German clubs have a lot more information there. On the one hand that's good, on the other hand too many entries in the club vision limit the clubs in FM too much. Someone raised a post about this regarding Bayern a while ago. Can't find it though. I'm not an expert for every team, but this would be my feedback for the club vision of Leverkusen:

Sign players under 23, don't sign players over 30 & play entertaining football seem realistic. As for Sign players based in nation & sign players of German nationality I don't agree. Of course every club has the interest to sign local players, but looking at the transfers from Leverkusen in the last years they didn't really seem to care about these two points a lot: Arias, Palacios, Tapsoba, Diaby, Sinkgraven, Schick etc. Definitely not really a focus on German players or players based in Germany. Of course there are also Demirbay, Wirtz, Amiri etc, but in order to be a part of the club vision these were to many signings in the last years that don't fit to these two points. So I would remove them.

One more small thing: Leon Bailey in the FM Cuts Inside from Left Wing, however I think this should be the other way around -> Cuts Inside from Right Wing.

---

In general good work! I think our new research team is going in the right direction. I'm really happy about the feedback in this thread, this hasn't been the case in every year. So I think we are on a good way to a great German database in FM :)

Thank you - and happy to receive this input. I hvae been going of some information from different sources but it may need improvement - it does seem eg. that some of the manager wages could be from a previous role.

I have gone over this and have made some changes

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, only just noticed he was in the game, but Phillip Laux is Borussia Dortmund's Sports Psychologist (see link) and the game has him as unemployed. Of course, this role is not in the game, but he had a similar position at Stuttgart and Leipzig (off the top of my head) and FM has him down as a coach for those spells. 

Perhaps when BVB's staff are updated in the winter update, Laux can also be included as a coach?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. 

https://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/Philipp-Laux-to-return-to-BVB-as-sports-psychologist

On 28/11/2020 at 22:01, metal_guitarist said:

His Non-Player History has a join date of "2019" for Dortmund, the game is possibly interpreting that as 1/1/2019 in the biography which would have been in the 18/19 season. Needs a full join date adding- 1/1/2020. 

He shouldn’t have a non-player history at all.

On 24/12/2020 at 11:16, JTraverse said:

One more thing... 

Mike Tullberg is BVB's U-19 manager, but on the game he is down as a BVBII coach.

It would be great if this could be fixed for the March data update. Thanks again

211238330_Screenshot2020-12-24at10_15_20.thumb.png.71496db758b3191090d754beb719bf1b.pngS

He switched jobs to the U19s at some point so his non-player history needs his former Dortmund II role reflected.

11 hours ago, Nørbæk said:

He switched jobs to the U19s at some point so his non-player history needs his former Dortmund II role reflected.

If you look at the photo, his career history says he is BVB u-19s manager, but his contract is as a BVBII coach. Surely this is incorrect, too?

Am 27.12.2020 um 10:35 schrieb Nørbæk:

wages are probably also some way off, set at EUR 1.1k a week. I'd expect him to make maybe EUR 7.5k a week.

Do you have a source for this? I generally upped the wages of the Dortmund staff now. But it's hard to decipher how far one would go.

On 28/12/2020 at 11:22, Nikopol said:

Do you have a source for this? I generally upped the wages of the Dortmund staff now. But it's hard to decipher how far one would go.

No, I’m just guessing based on Danish wage levels. I expect the German wages to be substantially higher.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been managing 1860 Munich and I've worked my way up through the leagues but I haven't received any TV revenue in any season. I'm into my 6th season and I've been in Bundesliga 1 for two years now and I'm still receiving 0 for broadcast revenue each year. 

fm finances.png

fm no revenue.png

Matthew Hoppe PA 112 is too low. I think he should be -9 。Although Schalke 04 is likely to be relegated this season, the haze of Schalke 04 can not cover up Hoppe's three consecutive goals. And Hoppe is 191cm tall。Hope Hoppe will update your data in a patch. thank you.

hoppe.jpg

Edited by dongjianjian1

• SI Staff
On 16/01/2021 at 13:59, Palul. said:

Der Spieler Keita Endo vom 1.FC Union Berlin fehlt komplett im Spiel. Er ist Teil der ersten Mannschaft und hat auch schon in der Bundesliga gespielt, ebenso ein Tor und eine Vorlage erzielt. 

Due to licensing issues, we cannot have Japanese contracted players in game. Unfotuantely Keita Endo is under contract with Yokohama Marinos.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, Mr丶Sean said:

I think RB Leipzig's Angelino CA / PA should be comprehensively strengthened ,I suggest 146/159  ,Or higher!!!

Angeliño has been looked at for the data update, I do refer to the very first post of this thread though. His just playing a bunch of games doesn't warrant anything. However, I know him well (since his days in the Dutch leagues) - he is a player that I enjoy watching and follow closely.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, dongjianjian1 said:

Matthew Hoppe PA 112 is too low. I think he should be -9 。Although Schalke 04 is likely to be relegated this season, the haze of Schalke 04 can not cover up Hoppe's three consecutive goals. And Hoppe is 191cm tall。Hope Hoppe will update your data in a patch. thank you.

Hoppe will be upgraded for a data update. Please consider that the initial release of FM 2021 had Hoppe as fairly unknown and not yet broken through. We have improved him based upon his recent performances though, yes.
He had a relatively low minus PA, which is also amended.

• SI Staff
On 28/11/2020 at 21:53, Georgej2323 said:

Haaland's biography is incorrect? he didn't join BVB in 18/19 

This should be correct (in the meantime?)

We have him set to have joined Dortmund per 1/1/2020. I have also checked the RB Salzburg and Norway records and we have 1/1/2020 everywhere. So it should be allright.

I don't know if someone already reported this but I have played one season with SC Freiburg and now I am playing with Salzburg in Austria and I have noticed at both saves that players which don't have a place of birth set they automatically get the capital city of the country as place of birth. At SC Freiburg I had a lot of players which were born in Berlin (although I have checked and none of them was born in Berlin) and the same at Salzburg, a lot of players born in Vienna...I think this issue is general, not only in Germany or Austria.