[England Premier Division] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, josipk said:

Wolves' player Jonny has returned from the sidelines following his knee injury - 3 months earlier than it is predicted in the database. Certainly it would be fair to change the date for the winter update...

Thanks @josipk - I will change the injury return date.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
On 05/02/2021 at 19:15, Mr Ford 1877 said:

Tottenham are missing Joe Lewis who should be listed as the owner of the club.

Joe Lewis (forbes.com)

Thanks @Mr Ford 1877

We don't have Joe Lewis in the game as we consider Daniel Levy to be the representative of ENIC.  It was Levy who was instrumental in buying Tottenham, and Levy who was and is still running the club, and using his resources to do so.  It is true that Lewis now has a majority holding in ENIC, but we believe that since he and Levy are part of the same business entity, and that it is so unlikely that Lewis would act independently of Levy with regard to Spurs, we do not need to add Lewis to the game.

West Hams coaching staff could do with a boost considering how well they are doing.  Stuart Pearce has ridiculously poor stats considering he managed England Under 21, and Man City.  He should also have Kenny Jackett in database as they are both friends and he has helped him out most notably at Portsmouth.

Stuart Pearce cuts Portsmouth coaching ties after returning to West Ham | The News

stuart pearce.jpg

On 19/01/2021 at 20:06, Dan Ormsby said:

Not sure about the last bit, but Tierney will be getting reviewed in line with his excellent performances in recent weeks.

I hope this will include reconsidering his determination atttribute. For me (and for a lot of staff members, journalists and pundits) this is his stand out attribute as a player. We haven't seen this kind of attitude in our team for a long time (only Alexis in his prime years comes to mind) and it seems to be catching on to the rest of the squad. 

We had a small discussion about this prior to the game's release - I think he's done enough since then to prove that he deserves at least 17 in determination.

On 12/02/2021 at 16:46, elliotdanks said:

Has anyone else had the issue that in Ole Gunnar Solskaer history has him as United Manager 2019-2019 so no matter what he does there, non of his achievements log correctly?

is there something I can do to fix this in a save game?

Can any of the mods take a look at this? ive had it on every save since release and as far as im aware, others have too? seems quite a large bug.

As you can see in screenshot 2, im in 2027 and he's won multiple awards, league titles, champions leagues and they haven't logged. his biography says he's been out of work since 2019 and his rep also fails to improve due to this error also!

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 21.12.49.png

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 21.13.11.png

Edited by elliotdanks

4 hours ago, aimarkaka said:

The height of Kepa Arrizabalaga is wrong,in the Premier League website,it is 189cm,but in the database  it is only 186cm.

His height is listed as 186cm on Chelsea's website, you would hope his club would be the one that is accurate.

We’re at that time of year again so a quick reminder for people to please post civilly and constructively in here. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with ratings but the researcher’s opinion is final. The pre-game and in-game editors exist and can be used to edit players in whatever way you see fit. What’s not okay is to PM researchers with abuse or post comments in here abusing researchers or SI. 

On 24/11/2020 at 22:23, llama3 said:

Hi @Pete Sottrel

Bit of an odd one, screenshot of the sponsors in-game...

image.png.5f3a48b79e98e92ee62da35c729eae64.png

Now the editor (straight load, no changes):

image.png.4f39ef0e4c9918e64fc82bbfe065f755.png

Most of that actually looks correct. It's missing stadium sponsorship. In-game it's listing main and away kit, although the values and durations match up well with the "kit sponsor" and "kit sponsor secondary" entries in editor. Club membership is the same too, although it's missing the general sponsor already in the editor too, which might be because the expiry date is after the season starts (should be changed to 2021) - equally it should be labelled "shirt sleeve" which is an option itself. 

So, decided to experiment, by removing the total commercial income entry, correcting the end date and labelling for the sleeve sponsorship, updating the stadium sponsorship, plus most crucially, I re-labelled the income type for the Emirates and Adidas deals - it looks like having "kit sponsor" plus "kit sponsor secondary" automatically changes it to "main kit" and "away kit" in-game. I referred to Adidas as kit sponsor and Emirates as general sponsor. In-game it now looks like this:

image.png.8a213f41ac832e0601a84859793e36ae.png

Which in the editor looks like this:

image.png.bc1935aafcbccec6b224718a39834802.png

I  think it would be a useful change in-game to have the label "kit supplier" or "kit manufacturer" to go with "kit sponsor" - i.e. differentiating Adidas from Emirates in this case.

This then got me looking at our debts/loans - these were re-structured by Kroenke in July, to significantly reduce the annual burden on the club. So according to pieces by the Arsenal Supporters Trust & Swiss Ramble (both excellent sources):

• There is an existing £15m debt for debentures and £24m for derivatives (which we have reflected in-game)
  • The rest of our debt has been re-financed, so the £112m & £48m (worth £160m) should be removed, replaced by a loan of larger value, but costing a much smaller rate of interest
  • AST estimates this to be £184m owed to the ownership, estimated that we'll be reducing debt servicing & interest costs from £20m a year to £5-10m a year on highly favourable interest terms. Most likely on extended terms.
  • This is something that you'll need to judge yourself, but I'd estimate that it should be a £184m loan, with no or negligible interest (as the penalty payments to take this loan are included in it's value), extending it's date of completion in order to reduce the annual cost. So, probably 20 years from now looks in the right ball-park.

So, in my view, it should look much more like this:

image.png.78498e460e6b56141bea969e93621e74.png

Contract expiry and Chips Keswick bits still need adjusting, but the finances bit needs some work.

I can't see the information I put in on club sponsorship and club finances in this update for Arsenal.

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, llama3 said:

I can't see the information I put in on club sponsorship and club finances in this update for Arsenal.

Hi @llama3 - I'm very sorry that I missed the information that you sent in back in November; it is really helpful and I have now made amendments to reflect your excellent work.  The database Primary Sponsorship and Secondary Sponsorship translating to in-game Home and Away shirt sponsorships is something that I have forwarded as an issue that we need to address.

Thanks very much for your input.

• SI Staff
On 16/02/2021 at 16:27, elliotdanks said:

Can any of the mods take a look at this? ive had it on every save since release and as far as im aware, others have too? seems quite a large bug.

As you can see in screenshot 2, im in 2027 and he's won multiple awards, league titles, champions leagues and they haven't logged. his biography says he's been out of work since 2019 and his rep also fails to improve due to this error also!

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 21.12.49.png

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 21.13.11.png

Thanks @elliotdanks - I have checked the database for Solskjaer's Non-Player history, and that is set correctly, with a start date as Utd manager but no end date.  Also his club contract is set correctly as "date last signed" 28/3/2019 and due to expire next summer.  I'll see if I can get this to the people who can fix it.

57 minutes ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks @elliotdanks - I have checked the database for Solskjaer's Non-Player history, and that is set correctly, with a start date as Utd manager but no end date.  Also his club contract is set correctly as "date last signed" 28/3/2019 and due to expire next summer.  I'll see if I can get this to the people who can fix it.

Yeah I had checked over the pregame editor and everything seemed fine with him which is even more strange on how to fox the issue. I’ve asked around people who play the game and it seems around 50% of people are getting the issue! I can really see any common themes as to why it’s happening! Thank you! 

• SI Staff
16 minutes ago, elliotdanks said:

Yeah I had checked over the pregame editor and everything seemed fine with him which is even more strange on how to fox the issue. I’ve asked around people who play the game and it seems around 50% of people are getting the issue! I can really see any common themes as to why it’s happening! Thank you! 

Hi @elliotdanks.

Please could you upload your most recent save game for us to look at?

Many thanks for your help, whilst we look into why this has happened.

2 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @elliotdanks.

Please could you upload your most recent save game for us to look at?

Many thanks for your help, whilst we look into why this has happened.

I have done so, Elliot Danks - Unemployed Backup

I've just done a complete fresh install of the game, moved all the old folders from steam and the documents folder to elsewhere so it makes new ones on the install. Moved over just one saved game file, and the bug still there the same as before, and still happens with a new game?

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, elliotdanks said:

I have done so, Elliot Danks - Unemployed Backup

I've just done a complete fresh install of the game, moved all the old folders from steam and the documents folder to elsewhere so it makes new ones on the install. Moved over just one saved game file, and the bug still there the same as before, and still happens with a new game?

Elliot I've already replied to you here and am talking you through the issue - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/548343-ole-solskaer-history-and-achievement-glitch/?tab=comments#comment-12961979

As said it's an issue specifically related to your setup as it isn't reproducing from your save. Please try and keep you contacts in that thread above rather than over multiple different places. Thanks. 

Just comparing the 21.3 data to the original db for Spurs and noticed that Japhet Tanganga has had twenty points knocked off of his CA.  Surely some sort of error there?  I can understand a few points getting knocked off but 20 seems excessive for anyone.

On 08/01/2021 at 10:13, laneystain said:

No idea if this is the right thread but there's a kit clash between Wolves and West Brom both home and away (screenshot attached for reference). I understand this was raised previously but is still an issue. It's impossible to change via the pre-game Editor in the "kit selection" screen. 

West Brom should play in their home kit at Molineux and Wolves should be fine to play in their home kit at the Hawthorns. 

Kit Selection (A).PNG

Kit Selection (H).PNG

Just checked on the Editor following yesterday's Winter update - this is still an issue and hasn't been picked up. 

I really find some decisions regarding the changes in stats or CA/PA ... confusing at least, like few points being knocked of Rashford, Greenwood or Bissaka.. OK Greenwood is out of form, so you might roll with it..

But most confusing is that the bug with double entry for OGS still isn't sorted out which means his history will still not record. :herman:

2 hours ago, Matt_Ray said:

Just comparing the 21.3 data to the original db for Spurs and noticed that Japhet Tanganga has had twenty points knocked off of his CA.  Surely some sort of error there?  I can understand a few points getting knocked off but 20 seems excessive for anyone.

If I was a betting man I'd say the Spurs researcher had thick fingers and accidentally typed 110 instead of 120 :ackter:

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, timmsoski said:

I suspect this one is for @diddydaddydoddy. I noticed that Taki Minamino has no natural position, is that by mistake or design? When you change his position numbers, it's impossible to revert to the original as the Editor forces you to have at least one position 20. Just wanted to check. 

@diddydaddydoddy @timmsoski That's a great spot, thanks.  Definitely an oversight; you are right, every player needs to have at least one position rated at 20.  I've amended AML rating (up from 19 to 20).  Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, Pete Sottrel said:

@diddydaddydoddy @timmsoski That's a great spot, thanks.  Definitely an oversight; you are right, every player needs to have at least one position rated at 20.  I've amended AML rating (up from 19 to 20).  Sorry about that.

No problem, glad I could help. I was going to say, if it suited one rider it's probably Taki right now as Klopp just hasn't found the place to slot him in! 

On 23/02/2021 at 08:49, Pete Sottrel said:

Hi @llama3 - I'm very sorry that I missed the information that you sent in back in November; it is really helpful and I have now made amendments to reflect your excellent work.  The database Primary Sponsorship and Secondary Sponsorship translating to in-game Home and Away shirt sponsorships is something that I have forwarded as an issue that we need to address.

Thanks very much for your input.

No problem @Pete Sottrel- mighty job as always. :applause:

Regarding Mesut Ozil's transfer from Arsenal to Fenerbahce: are you guys sure that are Arsenal agreed to pay him 93k per week until 2024? This means that Arsenal let him go and agreed to pay him approximately twice the amount of money that they owed him (as his 350k per week contract was to expire in six month time)...

• SI Staff
58 minutes ago, josipk said:

Regarding Mesut Ozil's transfer from Arsenal to Fenerbahce: are you guys sure that are Arsenal agreed to pay him 93k per week until 2024? This means that Arsenal let him go and agreed to pay him approximately twice the amount of money that they owed him (as his 350k per week contract was to expire in six month time)...

It's set in the database as being Arsenal paying his wages for the first season only.

We'll take a look at why it continues past that first season.

James Rodriguez's transfer to Everton has been confirmed to be a free transfer.

Glyfi Sigurdsson is Everton's vice captain, not Lucas Digne.  Digne is the 3rd captain.  (Michael Keane seems to be the 4th captain fwiw).

I'm also of the opinion that Phil Jagielka should be an Everton Favored Personnel (if not club icon)

Few minor inconsistencies here.. Joe Gomez not Injured (out for roughly same amount of time as VVD), Fabinho not injured (I know it's a minor injury but surely a month), Jota not injured (Should be at least 2/3 months), Matip not injured (Is out for rest of the season at least)

This must be a minor oversight seeing as the other injuries are correct and present or were correct at beginning of current season. (Even if some of them are now back and playing like Alisson, Oxlade Chamberlain, Keita, Thiago)

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, josipk said:

Thanks @josipk - the clause has been set correctly, but it seems that at the moment the game doesn't take into account the date parameters set, and uses the end date of the new contract.  This has been logged, and I will strip out that clause from the database.  Sorry about that.

52 minutes ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks @josipk - the clause has been set correctly, but it seems that at the moment the game doesn't take into account the date parameters set, and uses the end date of the new contract.  This has been logged, and I will strip out that clause from the database.  Sorry about that.

Is there nothing that can be done about it? I have started a save with Arsenal and I'd hate to have to start again. The In-Game Editor doesn't actually allow you to edit clauses for some reason