[England Premier Division] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

Southampton's Eddie Beach is eligible for Wales. He doesn't currently have this set. Given he's involved with Wales U19s, perhaps it should be Welsh first, English second (assuming he's eligible for England?) Proof here.

Crystal Palace's Jadan Raymond and Arsenal's James Sweet have England as their first nationality, Wales as their second. They've been involved in the last few Wales U19 squads, so perhaps it should be the other way round? Proof here.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 07/09/2021 at 21:24, magpie1892 said:

Newcastle United

Kevin Richardson and Peter Ramage must have swapped roles over the summer, Ramage is now U18 Assistant Manager and Kevin Richardson is now U23 Assistant Manager

Just to follow this up, a bit more information i have found out recently

Newcastle U23's

Manager - Vacant

Assistant - Kevin Richardson

Coaches - Neil Winskill & Mark Atkinson

Newcastle U18's

Manager - Peter Ramage

Assistant - Ian Bogie

Non Playing history is as follows

1/8/21 - Current - Newcastle United (Assistant Manager U18)

1/11/14 - 31/7/21 - Newcastle United (Youth Teams)

20/3/13 - 31/8/13 - Stockport County (Manager First Team)

21/3/13 - 10/12/12 - Gateshead (Manager First Team)

Whats wrong:

Salah has only 16 dribbling

What it should be:

18 dribbling

Reasons/Proof:

After the Man City game a few weeks ago, where Salah scored a dribbling style goal of the season, and then again today against Watford where he scored a similar amazing dribbling goal, both very Messi-esque, his score needs to increase

He has a whole highlight reel of scoring great dribbling goals where he dribbles past multiple defenders over the last 5 years in the Premier League... YouTube shows this.

He is currently being lauded in the press, with the demise of Messi and Ronaldo, as possibly the best player in the world right now and a major contender for the Ballon D'or.

Right now he has a lower dribbling score than Aguero (18) and Pulisic (18) and Sancho (18) and Coutinho (18), less than Silva (17), and its the same as Gabriel Jesus and Pogba when clearly he can dribble much better than them.

Whats wrong:

Jota has only 11 for heading

What it should be: 

Reasons/Proof:

Last season 20/21 he was injured a lot but still made 19 league appearances, and scored 9 goals 3 of which were headers. 

This season he has so far 3 goals from 7 games, 2 of which were headers.

He leads the Premier League in headed goals for the current season despite having made fewer appearances than others.

There's an article on how unusually good he is with his head on TalkSport here:

https://talksport.com/football/951826/liverpool-striker-diogo-jota-header-record-stats-man-utd-cristiano-ronaldo/

Whats wrong:

Liverpool have a training facilities rating of 4 1/2 stars out of 5 or Superb.

What it should be:

Maximum Training Facilities Rating and Youth Training Facilities Rating... State of the Art

Reasons/Proof:

In 2020 Liverpool opened a brand new training first team and youth team training facility which was built from scratch.

The cost was £50 million.

Yet these facilities are not rated at maximum by FM21, and are instead rated Superb (same as Aston Villa, Brighton, Leeds).

The top rated Training Facilities are from Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City, Man Utd.

Yet Tottenham spent £45m on their training facilities a few years ago and Liverpool spend more and arguably designed a better facility.

Chelseas Training Facilities were built 15 years ago and cost £20m yet they are still rated higher than Liverpools.

At Liverpool Trent Alexander Arnold has become aworld class player. This couldn't have been done if the training facilities were not the best possible.

Curtis Jones has quickly become a squad/first team player too and Harvey Elliot has become a first team player after a few years training with the club.

By having the first team and youth training facilities combined on the same site, it increases the chances of young players fulfilling their maximum potential.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/axa-training-centre/415776-scrapped-plans-salzburg-small-details-how-the-axa-training-centre-was-designed

This article explains the background to the training ground, including how they scrapped the original architect plans in order to do more research to incorporate best practise from other renowned European Training Centres, especially RB Salzburg who have one of the highest reputation training centres, and US Sports Training Centres.

• SI Staff
On 11/10/2021 at 20:50, magpie1892 said:

Just to follow this up, a bit more information i have found out recently

Newcastle U23's

Manager - Vacant

Assistant - Kevin Richardson

Coaches - Neil Winskill & Mark Atkinson

Newcastle U18's

Manager - Peter Ramage

Assistant - Ian Bogie

Non Playing history is as follows

1/8/21 - Current - Newcastle United (Assistant Manager U18)

1/11/14 - 31/7/21 - Newcastle United (Youth Teams)

20/3/13 - 31/8/13 - Stockport County (Manager First Team)

21/3/13 - 10/12/12 - Gateshead (Manager First Team)

Thanks @magpie1892 - I believe that Richardson is filling in for the vacant U23 manager job, currently, following the departure of Gary Caldwell, who had also been interim U23 manager (albeit for just a matter of weeks).

Winskill is heading up the management of the Academy coaches, I believe, ensuring consistency across the different age groups.

I think there's an error there with Ian Bogie's start date as manager of Gateshead.  It's 4/5/2007 in the database, and I think that's correct.

• SI Staff
On 03/10/2021 at 14:33, BluebirdsCCFC said:

Southampton's Eddie Beach is eligible for Wales. He doesn't currently have this set. Given he's involved with Wales U19s, perhaps it should be Welsh first, English second (assuming he's eligible for England?) Proof here.

Crystal Palace's Jadan Raymond and Arsenal's James Sweet have England as their first nationality, Wales as their second. They've been involved in the last few Wales U19 squads, so perhaps it should be the other way round? Proof here.

Thanks @BluebirdsCCFC - those are now all set as you advise.

• SI Staff
On 09/09/2021 at 17:06, LHurlz said:

Obviously something to take into account for FM22.

Andrew Omobamidele of Norwich, who I'm assuming is in for a huge PA increase, is listed as 5'11 in FM21.

He is listed as being 190cm (6'3) on Norwich's website, quite a large discrepancy.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/player/andrew-omobamidele

Thanks @LHurlz - that's been sorted.

10 hours ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Done, thanks @Yer Maw

Thank you. Any update on another I posted earlier in this thread for 22? Conor Gallagher 28108036 should have Irish and Scottish as additional nationalities (See point 6 of linked old article)

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/seven-facts-about-albions-seventh-signing-conor-gallagher

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Yer Maw said:

Thank you. Any update on another I posted earlier in this thread for 22? Conor Gallagher 28108036 should have Irish and Scottish as additional nationalities (See point 6 of linked old article)

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/seven-facts-about-albions-seventh-signing-conor-gallagher

Thanks again @Yer Maw - I have added those.

@2feet Only just seen this - its now in the old forum. Thanks for your opinions on Salah, Training Facilities and Jota.

Salah - Dribbling isn't a standalone attribute. Balance, Composure, Technique, Decisions all have a part to play. Salah has had a good size CA increase and that caters for all those elements. His Man City / Watford worldies were phenomenal but he makes a lot of dribble attempts that go nowhere, losing control/possession or getting tackled/blocked.

Training Facilities - not sure about this, as I've already set both Training and Youth Facilities to the maximum in the DB?!? Edit - in the Beta Training Facilities is state-of-the-art and Youth facilities are superb

Jota - Again Heading isn't a standalone attribute - he has to be in the right position to receive the ball in the first place for instance - however this attribute has been increased.

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

4 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

@2feet Only just seen this - its now in the old forum. Thanks for your opinions on Salah, Training Facilities and Jota.

Salah - Dribbling isn't a standalone attribute. Balance, Composure, Technique, Decisions all have a part to play. Salah has had a good size CA increase and that caters for all those elements. His Man City / Watford worldies were phenomenal but he makes a lot of dribble attempts that go nowhere, losing control/possession or getting tackled/blocked.

Training Facilities - not sure about this, as I've already set both Training and Youth Facilities to the maximum in the DB?!? Edit - in the Beta Training Facilities is state-of-the-art and Youth facilities are superb

Jota - Again Heading isn't a standalone attribute - he has to be in the right position to receive the ball in the first place for instance - however this attribute has been increased.

Thanks, interesting responses.

Id also recommend Kostas Tsimikas has his tossing ability increased from 11.

The guy is a crossing demon, he is awesome at it and its probably his strongest overall attribute.

He has played 5 games so far this season yet is already 18th in the Premier league stats for crosses achieved.

See: https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_cross

He really whips them in beautifully.

Id actually say there's a case that he is as good or better at closing than Robertson.

Billy Koumetio, youth player

I think his strength is too low at 6.

The guy is built pretty strong already for a young player and he is 6 foot 5.

Strength is not going to be a problem for this defender but with a score of 6 currently it suggests it might be.

Taking into consideration his age I would say maybe 11?

With lots of PA for him to build that up to 16 or 17, which he could possibly become.

10 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Thanks, interesting responses.

Id also recommend Kostas Tsimikas has his tossing ability increased from 11.

The guy is a crossing demon, he is awesome at it and its probably his strongest overall attribute.

He has played 5 games so far this season yet is already 18th in the Premier league stats for crosses achieved.

See: https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_cross

He really whips them in beautifully.

Id actually say there's a case that he is as good or better at closing than Robertson.

His crossing is 15 not 11. Have you got the Beta? Is he better than Robbo? Can't get too carried away after 5 games.

Happy with Hendo that he's spot on. Koumetio has certain attributes set to random iirc.

Virgil Van Dijk

Leadership is 16, should be 19.

Liverpool are a different team when he is playing.

He sends confidence throughout the entire team. He is like John Terry was, always shouting, organising, giving off complete leadership energy.

When Liverpool lost him last season that was the key reason they didn't challenge for the title.

Now is back Liverpool are back in great form.

Id also suggest increasing both his strength and Jumping Reach from 17 to 18.

Troy Deeney, one of the strongest players to ever play Premier League, and a player who was great in the air, he said in an interview he thinks Van Dijk is so good that he hates him:

https://talksport.com/football/426273/troy-deeney-hates-virgil-van-dijk-because-liverpool-big-strong-quick-good-hair/

18 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Virgil Van Dijk

Leadership is 16, should be 19.

Liverpool are a different team when he is playing.

He sends confidence throughout the entire team. He is like John Terry was, always shouting, organising, giving off complete leadership energy.

When Liverpool lost him last season that was the key reason they didn't challenge for the title.

Now is back Liverpool are back in great form.

Id also suggest increasing both his strength and Jumping Reach from 17 to 18.

Troy Deeney, one of the strongest players to ever play Premier League, and a player who was great in the air, he said in an interview he thinks Van Dijk is so good that he hates him:

https://talksport.com/football/426273/troy-deeney-hates-virgil-van-dijk-because-liverpool-big-strong-quick-good-hair/

VVD hasn't been touched since he was at the top of his game - Ballon d'Or runner-up / Best Fifa Men's Player and then obviously his big injury. I don't think he's back to that level yet either. So if he's increased in certain areas that needs offsetting elsewhere. 

Can you post any further comments in the new 2022 forum for ease

On 18/10/2021 at 09:26, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks @magpie1892 - I believe that Richardson is filling in for the vacant U23 manager job, currently, following the departure of Gary Caldwell, who had also been interim U23 manager (albeit for just a matter of weeks).

Winskill is heading up the management of the Academy coaches, I believe, ensuring consistency across the different age groups.

I think there's an error there with Ian Bogie's start date as manager of Gateshead.  It's 4/5/2007 in the database, and I think that's correct.

Hi Pete

Neil Winskill has taken over Ben Dawson's old role now he has moved to the first team permanently, Dawson's previous job title was 'Head of Coaching'

No idea whats happening with the U23's Manager but Richardson is only interim until they appoint a permanant u23 manager.