[German] Issues in German Translation

Please post all issues relating to this language translation of FM 2021 in this topic.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

Hallo.

Folgendes hört sich sehr falsch an.
"Bringt die Fähigkeiten mit, um Teil unseres Kaders zu sein."
Um ein Teil unseres Kaders zu sein - wäre wahrscheinlich die bessere Wortwahl.

Anbei Screenshot.

LG

Screenshot 2020-11-24 080408.png

2 hours ago, Brian Stapleton said:

No looks like this means - 'since 1964', not 'in 64 years'

Nope. The last time this team won the chamionship was in 1957. This is 2021. You do the math. :)

(I do check things like that before posting.)

Also, even if you were right, the text would still be faulty, since years don't get displayed as two-digit numbers. At least I haven't seen that yet.

Edited by davewolf

You are both right :P

Yeah, the German translation here means "since YEAR". That's the correct translation:

KEY-377329:
The [%team#1-short] board have declared that they are satisfied to have finally won the competition after so many barren years, with their last success coming in [%number#1].

But the number of years (64) shouldn't be used for [%number#1]. Instead, the year (1957) should appear. Something is buggy here.

Am 24.11.2020 um 08:09 schrieb DampfAmor:

Hallo.

Folgendes hört sich sehr falsch an.
"Bringt die Fähigkeiten mit, um Teil unseres Kaders zu sein."
Um ein Teil unseres Kaders zu sein - wäre wahrscheinlich die bessere Wortwahl.

Es geht also nur um das Wort "ein"? Sehe das hier nicht als nötig an. Diese Zusammenfassungen sollten ja eher kurz sein. Und es gibt ähnliche Zeilen, die dann noch länger würden. Z. B.:
Neuen Vertrag anbieten, da der die Fähigkeiten mitbringt, um Teil unseres Kaders zu sein

Wenn du danach per Suchmaschine im Netz suchst, wirst du auch sehen, dass das durchaus üblich ist:
"um Teil unserer Mannschaft"
"um Teil der Mannschaft"
"um Teil unseres Teams"

In der höchsten Spielklasse in Österreich sind die Stadionnamen nicht konsistent. Manche sind original und andere ohne Sponsorennamen. Laut data-issue thread ist das ein Übersetzungsfehler, den ich hier melden soll. 

20 hours ago, davewolf said:

Nope. The last time this team won the chamionship was in 1957. This is 2021. You do the math. :)

(I do check things like that before posting.)

Also, even if you were right, the text would still be faulty, since years don't get displayed as two-digit numbers. At least I haven't seen that yet.

Is it possible to generate that string and switch to English, I think the code might be wrong as that would be wrong in English too, thanks

Am 26.11.2020 um 21:13 schrieb gotti:

In der höchsten Spielklasse in Österreich sind die Stadionnamen nicht konsistent. Manche sind original und andere ohne Sponsorennamen. Laut data-issue thread ist das ein Übersetzungsfehler, den ich hier melden soll. 

Solved. I have discussed this with gotti. Problem is an external file.

Not sure if this is a translation issue. Well, I'm gonna let you sort that out. ;)

Anyway, here's a pre-match news. In the last sentence there's a mention of Bayern having ambitions to win the 8th title in a row:

20201129021246_1.thumb.jpg.64a52c8c92b8c7423249d7f230927ffc.jpg

...It should be the 9th, since they already won the last 8:

20201129021300_1.thumb.jpg.e927cad24c20d4354309b1c0067b42f0.jpg

4 hours ago, davewolf said:

Not sure if this is a translation issue. Well, I'm gonna let you sort that out. ;)

Anyway, here's a pre-match news. In the last sentence there's a mention of Bayern having ambitions to win the 8th title in a row:

20201129021246_1.thumb.jpg.64a52c8c92b8c7423249d7f230927ffc.jpg

...It should be the 9th, since they already won the last 8:

20201129021300_1.thumb.jpg.e927cad24c20d4354309b1c0067b42f0.jpg

This looks like a coding issue where it must be using the number of wins rather than the number of wins+1

Thanks to the German league for being so one-sided for someone to notice! That looks to have been there for 2-3 years.

Thanks for the report

14 hours ago, Woodg SI said:

Thanks to the German league for being so one-sided for someone to notice! That looks to have been there for 2-3 years.

Glad the millions involved - one way or another - in German football, could be of help! :D

Am 27.11.2020 um 10:59 schrieb Brian Stapleton:

Is it possible to generate that string and switch to English, I think the code might be wrong as that would be wrong in English too, thanks

Savegame "juve2004-...with their last success coming in....fm" upload to ownCloud

SIBug.PNG

Few Spelling and Grammatical errors In Austria:

• Ligensrufe 7 - 10 (should be Ligenstufe)
  • 1.Klasse Süd (ST) (should be St)
  • 2.Klasse D (Ktn) (should be K)
  • 1.Klasse A (Ktn) (should be K)
  • 1.Klasse Nord (should be 1.Klasse Nord (S)
  • 1.Klasse West (should be 1.Klasse West (St)
  • 1.Klasse Süd (should be 1.Klasse Süd (S)
  • 2.Klasse Nord/Mitte (should be 2.Klasse Nord/Mitte (OÖ)
  • 2.Landesliga Ost (should be 2.Landesliga Ost (NÖ)
  • 2.Landesliga West (should be 2.Landesliga West (NÖ)
Edited by KoltesPunti

@Woodg SI

Here are all IDs of KoltesPunti's post:

ID 16068262, 16068415, 16068416, 16068417, 16068418 (Long and Short Name):
Ligensrufe -> Ligenstufe

16036167 (Long and Short Name): Landesliga West -> Landesliga West (NÖ)
16036168 (Long and Short Name): 2. Landesliga Ost -> 2. Landesliga Ost (NÖ)
16053609 (Long and Short Name): 1. Klasse Nord -> 1. Klasse Nord (S)
16053612 (Long and Short Name): 1. Klasse Süd -> 1. Klasse Süd (S)
16068370 (Long and Short Name): 2. Klasse D (Ktn) -> 2. Klasse D (K)

16068363 (Long Name) 1. Klasse A (Ktn) -> 1. Klasse A (K)

16182815 (Short Name) 1. Klasse West -> 1. Klasse West (St)
16036177 (Short Name) Oberliga Süd -> Oberliga Südost (St)

16277559 (Long and Short Name) 1. Klasse Süd (ST) -> 1. Klasse Süd (St)
I asked the Austrian Head Researcher. He wants to change this in the English version as well: "ST" -> "St"

vor 12 Stunden schrieb KoltesPunti:

• Oberliga Zentral-West (St) (should be Oberliga Mitte (St)
  • Oberliga Südost (St) (should be Oberliga Süd (St)

Same in the English language. The Austrian Head Researcher said it's alright here. So I would not recommend any changes.
16036176 Oberliga Zentral-West (St)
ENGLISH: Oberliga Central West (St)

16036177 Oberliga Südost (St)
ENGLISH: Oberliga South East (St)

vor 12 Stunden schrieb KoltesPunti:

• 2.Klasse Nord/Mitte (should be 2.Klasse Nord/Mitte (OÖ)
  • Radio Oberösterreichische-Landesliga (should be Landesliga Oberösterreich)

@KoltesPunti I cannot find these two names. Do you use an external data file? "Landesliga Oberösterreich" (ID 16000663) is correct.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb KoltesPunti:

@Waldi98 Das rot geschriebene ist Falsch ;)

Habe ich schon so verstanden. Im Englischen steht aber auch "Oberliga Central West (St)" und "Oberliga South East (St)". Das trägt der österreichische Research ein, daher habe ich den verantwortlichen Head Researcher aus Österreich das mitgeteilt. Er sagte mir, die beiden Namen seien richtig. Daher wird natürlich auch die deutsche Übersetzung nicht geändert. Wenn, dann müsstest du es beim österreichischen Research melden (am besten mit Quellen):

Wie ich sehe, hast du das schon davor getan. Aber du kannst ihn ja noch mal speziell auf die beiden Ligen ansprechen. Er hat (verständlicherweise) nicht jede einzelne geprüft, als er dich hierher weitergeleitet hat.

Und "Radio Oberösterreichische-Landesliga" habe ich geprüft: Da nutzt du ein externes File.

Danke für die restlichen Fehlermeldungen!

• 3 weeks later...