Jump to content

[Swedish] Issues in Swedish Translation


Recommended Posts

Please post all issues relating to this language translation of FM 2021 in this topic.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

Link to post
Share on other sites

720835998_Skrmklipp11.PNG.3926f3be709e72fdd09f3634eab25b06.PNG

"skryta efter Stockholm" is just wrong.  something like "brag after Stockholm" would be the direct translation

 

Don't know the English/original string so hard to say what it should be, could perhaps be "skryta efter Stockholms-derby" or "skryta i Stockholm"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brian Stapleton said:

We were requested specifically not to translate this term, do you disagree?

Expected goals is used to some parts in football studios etc in Sweden/Swedish so could be ok even do there is a "good" translation used for it. but ok leave it for now :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gnaget2 said:

Expected goals is used to some parts in football studios etc in Sweden/Swedish so could be ok even do there is a "good" translation used for it. but ok leave it for now :-)

Yeah thanks we had both opinions here, whether to use fM or xG but decided on xG in the end

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gnaget2 said:

720835998_Skrmklipp11.PNG.3926f3be709e72fdd09f3634eab25b06.PNG

"skryta efter Stockholm" is just wrong.  something like "brag after Stockholm" would be the direct translation

 

Don't know the English/original string so hard to say what it should be, could perhaps be "skryta efter Stockholms-derby" or "skryta i Stockholm"

We have a derby variable here which might make it tricky [%derby#1] - but should be 'Stockholms-derby' yeah?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brian Stapleton said:

We have a derby variable here which might make it tricky [%derby#1] - but should be 'Stockholms-derby' yeah?

Yes, for the 3 big teams in Stockholm we have

AIK vs Djurgården =Tvillingderbyt or Tvilling-derbyt
AIk vs Hammarby = Stockholmsderbyt or Stockholms-derbyt
Djurgården vs Hammarby im not shore what its called (AIK fan my self), i would guess Stockholmsderby on that one as well

Link to post
Share on other sites

This page/functions needs to be overhauled completely.

having big problems even understand what the axels are showing and the text say the 2 teams are far apart when it comes to the defensive stats, but looking at the map they are very close to each other. this might ofc be a bug rather the translation error

 

what does Engagerad, Tyst and Hålig mean on the axis? I assume Hålig should be Ihålig as in conceding many goals but the other 2 don't make sense

Ogenomtrånglig is spelled Ogenomtränglig

1810845958_Skrmklipp.PNG.4b205edcf6121d9cf3659390e4c7a500.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

1776999987_Skrmklipp.PNG.9cf1e2c9d65ba8c18a5b320e06738e04.PNG

a "t" to mush in jämförbart at the end, should be without the "t"

jämförbar.

 

and a "med" is missing.

 

complete string should be

 

%team1%{s} sammanlagda insats statistiskt sett är jämförbar med %team2%{s}

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

konditionering/en is not a word in swedish

 

headline should be ....%player1%{s} kondition

and the text should be ....angående %player1%{s} kondition.

 

please have a look if there is other instances of konditionering/en as they need to be replaced as well

 

53047017_Skrmklipp.PNG.fc730eb382d20549124c76df808158dd.PNG

Edited by Gnaget2
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gnaget2 said:

konditionering/en is not a word in swedish

 

headline should be ....%player1%{s} kondition

and the text should be ....angående %player1%{s} kondition.

 

please have a look if there is other instances of konditionering/en as they need to be replaced as well

 

53047017_Skrmklipp.PNG.fc730eb382d20549124c76df808158dd.PNG

There are a number of instances, I will have the testers take a look, thanks for flagging

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gnaget2 said:

1776999987_Skrmklipp.PNG.9cf1e2c9d65ba8c18a5b320e06738e04.PNG

a "t" to mush in jämförbart at the end, should be without the "t"

jämförbar.

 

and a "med" is missing.

 

complete string should be

 


%team1%{s} sammanlagda insats statistiskt sett är jämförbar med %team2%{s}

 

three instances here

 

KEY-513901: [%team#1-short]{s} overall statistical performance is comparable to [%team#2-short]{s}.
STR-1: [%team#1-short]{s} sammanlagda insats statistiskt sett är jämförbart [%team#2-short]{s}.

KEY-513902: [%team#1-short]{s} attacking statistics are comparable to [%team#2-short]{s}.
STR-1: [%team#1-short]{s} offensiva insats statistiskt sett är jämförbart med [%team#2-short]{s}.

KEY-513903: [%team#1-short]{s} defensive statistics are comparable to [%team#2-short]{s}.
STR-1: [%team#1-short]{s} defensiva insats statistiskt sett är jämförbart med [%team#2-short]{s}.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kakidaniel said:

1) Savage is the name of the agent so forget that. But "varned" should be "varnar"

2) Kostnad

3) Nuvarande kontraktsöversikt

4) Total lönekostnad

In my opinion that's the right translation.

Namnlöst-1.jpg

Agree, 

 

2 additions after looking at that picture.
 

On the first line it should end with “betalas” not “betalades”

”Gå med på ersättning” should be ”Gå med på ersättningen”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brian Stapleton said:

Can you please type out part of the sentence so that I can copy and search for it?

 

17 hours ago, Gnaget2 said:

not shore if this is a translation error or code related but the picture speaks for it self

 

2041030359_Skrmklipp.PNG.05ceafa33d2cc8e4b34d67d408d63394.PNG

 

Lånet påbörjas date#1 då transferfönstret för lån för tillfället är stängt

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gnaget2 said:

1776999987_Skrmklipp.PNG.9cf1e2c9d65ba8c18a5b320e06738e04.PNG

a "t" to mush in jämförbart at the end, should be without the "t"

jämförbar.

 

and a "med" is missing.

 

complete string should be

 


%team1%{s} sammanlagda insats statistiskt sett är jämförbar med %team2%{s}

 

 

14 hours ago, Brian Stapleton said:

three instances here

 

KEY-513901: [%team#1-short]{s} overall statistical performance is comparable to [%team#2-short]{s}.
STR-1: [%team#1-short]{s} sammanlagda insats statistiskt sett är jämförbart [%team#2-short]{s}.

KEY-513902: [%team#1-short]{s} attacking statistics are comparable to [%team#2-short]{s}.
STR-1: [%team#1-short]{s} offensiva insats statistiskt sett är jämförbart med [%team#2-short]{s}.

KEY-513903: [%team#1-short]{s} defensive statistics are comparable to [%team#2-short]{s}.
STR-1: [%team#1-short]{s} defensiva insats statistiskt sett är jämförbart med [%team#2-short]{s}.

 

KEY-513901: [%team#1-short]{s} overall statistical performance is comparable to [%team#2-short]{s}.
STR-1: [%team#1-short]{s} sammanlagda insats är statistiskt sett jämförbar med [%team#2-short]{s}.

KEY-513902: [%team#1-short]{s} attacking statistics are comparable to [%team#2-short]{s}.
STR-1: [%team#1-short]{s} offensiva insats är statistiskt sett jämförbar med [%team#2-short]{s}.

KEY-513903: [%team#1-short]{s} defensive statistics are comparable to [%team#2-short]{s}.
STR-1: [%team#1-short]{s} defensiva insats är statistiskt sett jämförbar med [%team#2-short]{s}.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2044935068_Skrmklipp.PNG.727aaaff2730f1800acb590bf86cb2a3.PNG

 

"men jag skall gärna se att vi tar ett" should be "men jag skulle gärna se att vi tog ett"

 

and i wonder about the whole string, its like both parts is like i need to look at some new players in that position but the string contains a "but" witch make me think the first part should be "dont need to"

Edited by Gnaget2
addon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Göteborgs AIS should be named GAIS every single time.

When your'e in the loading screen the BK, FK, FF and all the shortenings after or before the name of the club is not shortened anymore.

For an example. BK Häcken are ALWAYS BK Häcken - it's never Bollklubben Häcken Göteborg EVER. Would you please look over this cause it's really irritating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2020 at 22:06, Gnaget2 said:

1109790775_Skrmklipp.PNG.635822eca22f97a7e9a89d2e9191092a.PNG

i know this a player description variable but "offensiv mittfältare" should be "offensiva mittfältare"

The main issue is that the player description variable is constant in English, but varies in Swedish (and Norwegian, which I speak) - it doesn't matter if it's you put "an" or "the" before "attacking midfielder", but in Swedish (and Norwegian) it's a difference between "en" ("an") "offensiv mittfältare" and "den" ("the") "offensiva mittfältare(n)" ("midtbanespiller(en)" in Norwegian). Unfortunately, the positional strings doesn't cope very well with these variables in (at least) Scandinavian languages, where more context is needed to decide the proper spelling.

Maybe something to look at for later versions, @Woodg SI og @Brian Stapleton?

-Maaka (Nor transl.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gnaget2 said:

Perhaps better just to use ”mittfältare” in this case and remove the extra detailes

Don't think it's that easy. In a case like this, what's translated is something like this: 

You (- could differ in languages where there's a difference between a male and a female "you" -) have recently confirmed that <team> (- a string changing depending on the team in question -) <s> (- so that it can differ between team names ending in "s" or not -) <position string> (- a pretranslated string telling you what position the player in question plays in, this is what makes this sentence tricky, atleast when translating into Scandinavian languages -) <player name> (- same principle as with the team name -) is your (- same issue as the first "you" -) main target (or something akin).

So what's actually translated here is pretty much just the basic sentence, as those variables mentioned are translated separately, giving little room for adaptions in this case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be HR and translator for Sweden so very familiar with how the system work. Or at least used to work. 
 

And I know there is often a matter of finding work arounds for our languages to make the translation work when the system is based on English. 
 

but in this case it would be better to use just %player1% then %player description% %player1%
 

missing description is better then a bad language IMHO 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Maaka said:

The main issue is that the player description variable is constant in English, but varies in Swedish (and Norwegian, which I speak) - it doesn't matter if it's you put "an" or "the" before "attacking midfielder", but in Swedish (and Norwegian) it's a difference between "en" ("an") "offensiv mittfältare" and "den" ("the") "offensiva mittfältare(n)" ("midtbanespiller(en)" in Norwegian). Unfortunately, the positional strings doesn't cope very well with these variables in (at least) Scandinavian languages, where more context is needed to decide the proper spelling.

Maybe something to look at for later versions, @Woodg SI og @Brian Stapleton?

-Maaka (Nor transl.)

We  already cater for variation here so it's a case of ensuring the correct variation is called for the context (although we don't have one with an "a" so perhaps an additional variation is needed?). 

You can see the following variation for this position as follows:

swe_positions
PositionID PositionName PositionStringReferenceID PositionDefinition SwePositionName0 SwePositionNameFemale0 SwePositionName1 SwePositionNameFemale1 SwePositionName2 SwePositionNameFemale2 SwePositionName3 SwePositionNameFemale3
9 attacking midfielder 228169   offensiv mittfältare   offensive mittfältaren   offensive mittfältare   den offensive mittfältaren  

This is the string:


KEY-416264-M: [%male#1-You] have recently made clear [%male#1-your] intention to bring [%team#2-short] [%position#2-lowercase-nosides] [%male#3] in to the club and declared him [%male#1-your] number one target. Do [%male#1-you] think [%male#1-you]'ve got a chance of making it happen?[COMMENT: press conference question, QID_GALACTICO_TYPE_QUESTION_DECLARE_AS_MAIN_TARGET]
STR-1: Du har nyligen bekräftat att [%team#2-short]{s} [%position#2-lowercase-nosides] [%male#3] är ert huvudspår. Vad tror du om er chans att genomföra affären?[%male#1-hidden]

So here the variable "[%position#2-lowercase-nosides]" needs to have a number after it to pick the correct one from our database

So "[%position#2-lowercase-nosides2]" would make it pick "offensive mittfältare"

Link to post
Share on other sites

1073931339_Skrmklipp.PNG.c152faf2f313977bcfbbeb97b1db6ae8.PNG

 

Something wrong with team variable, nothing wrong with the translation other then that.

 

%staff% som vunnit %comp" vid två tillfällen med %team1%, kommer med mycket erfarenhet i bagaget.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

KEY-388648: [%person#1-surname], {an}[%number#1-text]-time winner of the [%comp#1-short] with [%team_list#1], brings a wealth of experience with [%person#1-him].[COMMENT: FR7709, non player biography highlight to plug into news items]
KEY-388648-M: [%male#1-surname], {an}[%number#1-text]-time winner of the [%comp#1-short] with [%team_list#1], brings a wealth of experience with [%male#1-him].[COMMENT: FR7709, non player biography highlight to plug into news items]
STR-1: [%male#1-surname], som vunnit [%comp#1-short] vid [%number#1-text] tillfällen med [%team_list#1], kommer med mycket erfarenhet i bagaget.
KEY-388648-F: [%female#1-surname], {an}[%number#1-text]-time winner of the [%comp#1-short] with [%team_list#1], brings a wealth of experience with [%female#1-her].[COMMENT: FR7709, non player biography highlight to plug into news items]
STR-1: 

 

Looks like a bug with the code as it's a "team_list" variable so perhaps when one team only it doesn't work. Any chance of a save game with this one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Woodg SI said:

KEY-388648: [%person#1-surname], {an}[%number#1-text]-time winner of the [%comp#1-short] with [%team_list#1], brings a wealth of experience with [%person#1-him].[COMMENT: FR7709, non player biography highlight to plug into news items]
KEY-388648-M: [%male#1-surname], {an}[%number#1-text]-time winner of the [%comp#1-short] with [%team_list#1], brings a wealth of experience with [%male#1-him].[COMMENT: FR7709, non player biography highlight to plug into news items]
STR-1: [%male#1-surname], som vunnit [%comp#1-short] vid [%number#1-text] tillfällen med [%team_list#1], kommer med mycket erfarenhet i bagaget.
KEY-388648-F: [%female#1-surname], {an}[%number#1-text]-time winner of the [%comp#1-short] with [%team_list#1], brings a wealth of experience with [%female#1-her].[COMMENT: FR7709, non player biography highlight to plug into news items]
STR-1: 

 

Looks like a bug with the code as it's a "team_list" variable so perhaps when one team only it doesn't work. Any chance of a save game with this one?

Yes i have a save game with this,

 

but following the link in the Opening post for instructions on how to upload it seems like i don't have permissions to view that page?

https://community.sigames.com/topic/448071-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

245093975_Skrmklipp.PNG.766349509f0e385e8a8d7d4a3b65646b.PNG

Got the file - thanks!

Here's the up to date link: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1401083227_Skrmklipp.PNG.de289e9fa8477e0a865023a065edad2d.PNG

 

staff and player have been switched,

correct would be: Jurelis (my staff) föreslår en värvning av Willumsson (player) som snart är kontraktslös

Edited by Gnaget2
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...