[French] Issues in French Translation

Woodg SI

• SI Staff

Please post all issues relating to this language translation of FM 2021 in this topic.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

Hi, 

In this french thread the user raised a translation issue : 

The red sentence says "Le prêt débutera date#1" while when the game is in english, the date#1 is replace by the correct date.

Are you aware about this issue ? Do you need more information ?

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, Akasha said:

Hi, 

In this french thread the user raised a translation issue : 

The red sentence says "Le prêt débutera date#1" while when the game is in english, the date#1 is replace by the correct date.

Checking - the string in the translation seems fine here I'm not sure what the problem is

KEY-507828: The loan will start on [%date#1-long] as the transfer window for loans is currently closed.
STR-1: Le prêt débutera [%date#1-long] car la période de transferts concernant les prêts n'a pas encore commencé.

Hi I've met some translations errors during the beginning of my game. The first one does not appear when I play with english language :

The first one is concatening the name of the player and a word.

cornet.png.9e89c89e318f0413819c0a26cf80d283.png

The other is just a lack of translation "current contract overview" and "total wage cost"

trad.png.f6bde89a475530b8bf6088ff2b26d24c.png

Thanks for this great game anyway !

12 hours ago, Simiabro said:

Hi I've met some translations errors during the beginning of my game. The first one does not appear when I play with english language :

The first one is concatening the name of the player and a word.

cornet.png.9e89c89e318f0413819c0a26cf80d283.png

The other is just a lack of translation "current contract overview" and "total wage cost"

trad.png.f6bde89a475530b8bf6088ff2b26d24c.png

Thanks for this great game anyway !

The first one looks OK in the text file, maybe a bug?

Hi ! Two small mistakes here, both with the article.

In red : should be "(...) le nombre total des analystes (...)", in place of "de des".

In blue : should be "(...) à engager davantage d'analystes du recrutement (...)", in place of "davantage des analystes" . In this case, the expression "davantage" if followed by "de" (Or " d' " with a vowel), so "Davantage d'analystes", "Davantage de recruteurs", etc...

FM21-0007.png

2 hours ago, Racatte said:

Hi ! Two small mistakes here, both with the article.

In red : should be "(...) le nombre total des analystes (...)", in place of "de des".

In blue : should be "(...) à engager davantage d'analystes du recrutement (...)", in place of "davantage des analystes" . In this case, the expression "davantage" if followed by "de" (Or " d' " with a vowel), so "Davantage d'analystes", "Davantage de recruteurs", etc...

FM21-0007.png

Thanks for the reports.

First one was a mistake, second one is a variable issue I'll try to sort out.

Two mistakes when multiple players arrive at the start of the transfer windows :

• (not pictured here) At first, the text says something like "English is the most recommended language for them to learn". In French, instead of starting by "L'anglais est la langue..." , it just starts by "anglais est la langue", missing the "L' " part.
  • Once you've sent your player to learn that language, the language is not displayed and glitching (see screenshot below)

image.png

12 hours ago, RdNetwork said:

Two mistakes when multiple players arrive at the start of the transfer windows :

• (not pictured here) At first, the text says something like "English is the most recommended language for them to learn". In French, instead of starting by "L'anglais est la langue..." , it just starts by "anglais est la langue", missing the "L' " part.
  • Once you've sent your player to learn that language, the language is not displayed and glitching (see screenshot below)

image.png

Those two look like some kind of issue with variables, I'll look into it. I'll need a screenshot for the first problem, though.

1 hour ago, thom said:

I'll need a screenshot for the first problem, though.

Yeah I messed up when screencaping. It's on the same screen, the message displayed before you've sent every player who arrive to language classes.

I'll try to make it pop up again

On 26/11/2020 at 08:44, thom said:

The first one looks OK in the text file, maybe a bug?

Maybe, as I forgot to take the screen I reset and it happened again so, I think it could be because of the change of the name of the team.
By the way, I met another translation problem : The text in the white bloc is not translated.errtrad.thumb.png.cdbc167bfeca3e06131c949a1d8fa10d.png

Edited by Simiabro

2 hours ago, Simiabro said:

Maybe, as I forgot to take the screen I reset and it happened again so, I think it could be because of the change of the name of the team.
By the way, I met another translation problem : The text in the white bloc is not translated.errtrad.thumb.png.cdbc167bfeca3e06131c949a1d8fa10d.png

I don't know about that, maybe Woodg or Brian can help?

Maybe or maybe not a translation problem but :

Équipe de recruteurs & Équipe de recrutement, what's the real difference ?
Autres used two times at the end.

2020-11-27_182250.png

Edited by Damn3d

14 hours ago, Damn3d said:

Maybe or maybe not a translation problem but :

Équipe de recruteurs & Équipe de recrutement, what's the real difference ?
Autres used two times at the end.

2020-11-27_182250.png

Can you get the same screen in English, please?

14 hours ago, Damn3d said:

Little problem with the sentences "français.....", the article is missing in front of it.

2020-11-27_181349.png

It looks like articles won't appear in front of the language variables, I'll try and rephrase all the sentences with that issue to avoid that problem.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the corrections that there were with the subject of the beta ("responsable des prêts" and the categories of training centers in particular).

I note here a small error on the word "recruteur" which must be "recruteurs" in the plural on the same basis as the word "préparateurs".

On the same picture, we have "0/3 analyse du recrutement" which must be, for me "0/3 analystes du recrutement". The same for the word "kiné" which must be, for me again, "kinés" (not on the picture).

Thank you and have a good day !

recruteur.PNG

Edited by AtlasFR
More issues

4 hours ago, AtlasFR said:

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the corrections that there were with the subject of the beta ("responsable des prêts" and the categories of training centers in particular).

I note here a small error on the word "recruteur" which must be "recruteurs" in the plural on the same basis as the word "préparateurs".

On the same picture, we have "0/3 analyse du recrutement" which must be, for me "0/3 analystes du recrutement". The same for the word "kiné" which must be, for me again, "kinés" (not on the picture).

Thank you and have a good day !

recruteur.PNG

Can you check if the plural is used in English, please?

Thanks.

Hi @thom

This french user raised an translation issue (?) he saw at the end of his season in his honnor tab.

As you can see, at the bottom of the sentence "Entraineur de l'année ...." it's write "TEST".

3 hours ago, Akasha said:

Hi @thom

This french user raised an translation issue (?) he saw at the end of his season in his honnor tab.

As you can see, at the bottom of the sentence "Entraineur de l'année ...." it's write "TEST".

No idea. If it's the same in English, it might be worth raising it as a bug.

Il y a 7 heures, thom a dit :

I asked him the same screenshot in english. 

I'm wainting for is answer. :) 

6 hours ago, Damn3d said:

That's same in english... :/

2020-12-01_121249.png

Thanks. Other is repeated in English, so it makes sense to have the same in French.

As for the staff terms, I'll try and find better job titles.

4 hours ago, Sh@rk said:

Hi, on the screen before a match, I had this. "comp" isn't right. It should be Champions League. I don't have a screen in english but it's OK in english.

1834720331_Sanstitre-1.png.ed5955fdbbb6318959a4cbf9a3faa2aa.png

Is it the same in English?

Are you using an extra file to modify team/competition names?

2 hours ago, kenankodro said:

Hi, the days of the week are not capitalized in French ("Dimanche" in the screen below should be just "dimanche"

20201203115957_1.jpg

Thanks for the report, I'll see what I can do.

1 hour ago, Sh@rk said:

No as I said, in English I have the right competition name. And yes I have a competition name file.

Didn't see the English bit, sorry.

There's a problem with the variable used in French, I'll get that sorted, thanks.

2 hours ago, Nirvana59 said:

I don't know if this is voluntary but "motiver" is a too evasive translating. It is not an instruction but the objective to seek.

2020-12-06_12h24_34.jpg

I understand it's not ideal, but I'm trying to stick to the original text as much as possible.

Some are direct instructions, others are what the manager aims to do.

The first term should definitely be "Encourager", though.

4 hours ago, Racatte said:

Hi !

Both "des" underlined in red should be "de".

FM21-0008.png

Thanks for the report. It seems the article variable doesn't work properly with the plural version of noun variables. I'll try and work something out.

Le 01/12/2020 à 10:06, thom a dit :

Hi @thom

The user raised one more time the same issue but with a screenshot in english. It's write "TEST" :) 

4 hours ago, Akasha said:

Hi @thom

The user raised one more time the same issue but with a screenshot in english. It's write "TEST" :) 

Thanks. So it's not a translation issue. It might be worth raising in the bug section.