A massive thank you

RHKC

1 minute ago, RHKC said:

Last Tuesday I happened to post on the beta feedback thread, saying this:

"Just caught up with this thread (yes, I have read every page over the space of five days) :D

I don't yet have the game due to losing my business recently and my car spectacularly failing it's mot...

So, when I can eventually afford it, I'm really looking forward to playing the game with the much improved match engine! I just really hope things haven't reverted back to FM20 by the time I get to play :herman::lol:

Please, SI. My year has been bad enough as it is, so please don't nerf strikers! Can't wait to play!"

A few minutes later, I received a private message from a poster (who I won't name unless they would like to make themselves known), saying they would like to gift me the game on steam. After the year I've had, this really did mean the world to me.

After the poster realised they couldn't gift me the game due to being in a different region to me, they enlisted the help of another poster and by the end of the night I was installing FM21!

I was wondering whether to post this or not, I don't want to be seen as a charity case or anything. I just want to show how much I appreciate their gesture and how it made me genuinely smile for the first time in a while.

Sorry if posts like this aren't allowed, hopefully an exception is made :)

Thank you!

Whoever that user is - what a legend.  Shows that as much bickering as there is at times, the FM community is a pretty decent one. Well done.

31 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

@RHKC, I'm sure you know this wasn't necessary, but thank you. I didn't intend for it to be a public thing as it wasn't about getting attention or (on the other side of things) receiving PMs begging for a copy. I saw your post and wanted to 'help' - though of course it doesn't help your business or car.

We're in a pandemic and I knew of a way to make someone smile during a difficult time. Went through your previous posts too, just to get a feel for the kind of person you are. It's not something I've ever done. May not even do it again ever. I think it was the last line that got to me. :)

But yeah, saw that (having never tried before) my purchase was blocked for me being on the other side of the hemisphere and big differences in the value of currency. Felt very guilty having promised/offered something, seen the reaction to that and then to let you down. Fortunately, this is a fantastic community and very soon, a fellow forum member (who I won't mention unless he wants it to be known) helped me out with a code for the game. So a massive thanks to him as well.

This is why we're so keen to shut down hostility/insults/antagonism. We have devs posting and engaging with us on the forum, a good atmosphere and a fantastic bunch of posters overall. There are always people willing to help.

Three things before I go, even though I said there are no strings attached. Enjoy the game - it has fantastic potential to be one of those iconic versions. Two - log bugs you find - you have a responsibility now! :D And three, no hate mail from your wife (even though she did thank me, but far too early imo) when you start spending more time with FM21 than her.  :brock:

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say. The topic isn't really about FM, but I'm going to feel bad closing it. If someone else does, that's the only reason, but this is greatly appreciated. 

I can't promise no hate mail from my wife, but the rest I will endeavour to do :D

Once again, thank you so much. You made my year mate!

37 minutes ago, TheWednesday said:

Really lovely gesture and also fair play to the OP for highlighting this, things like this really do mean more to people than some think. 

Absolutely! I've had a really bad year with not much to smile about... and then a stranger thousands of miles away manages to change that.

I won't forget it :)

23 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

@RHKC, I'm sure you know this wasn't necessary, but thank you. I didn't intend for it to be a public thing as it wasn't about getting attention or (on the other side of things) receiving PMs begging for a copy. I saw your post and wanted to 'help' - though of course it doesn't help your business or car.

We're in a pandemic and I knew of a way to make someone smile during a difficult time. Went through your previous posts too, just to get a feel for the kind of person you are. It's not something I've ever done. May not even do it again ever. I think it was the last line that got to me. :)

But yeah, saw that (having never tried before) my purchase was blocked for me being in the other hemisphere and big differences in the value of currency. Felt very guilty having promised/offered something, seen the reaction to that and then to let you down. Fortunately, this is a fantastic community and very soon, a fellow forum member (who I won't mention unless he wants it to be known) helped me out with a code for the game. So a massive thanks to him as well.

This is why we're so keen to shut down hostility/insults/antagonism. We have devs posting and engaging with us on the forum, a good atmosphere and a fantastic bunch of posters overall. There are always people willing to help.

Three things before I go, even though I said there are no strings attached. Enjoy the game - it has fantastic potential to be one of those iconic versions. Two - log bugs you find - you have a responsibility now! :D And three, no hate mail from your wife (even though she did thank me, but far too early imo) when you start spending more time with FM21 than her.  :brock:

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say. The topic isn't really about FM, but I'm going to feel bad closing it. If someone else does, that's the only reason, but this is greatly appreciated. 

What a Legend you are

1 minute ago, Keyzer Soze said:

This is really nice. 

Big respect for @HUNT3Rand sincere wishes that life start smiling again at @RHKC.

I'm sure FM21 will be a version of the game that you'll never forget (even if the ME turns out to be rubbish) 

Thank you :)

Fingers crossed the match engine stays as good as the beta though :D

Really felt good to read this thread. Because I can relate to the financial loss this year brought to me and my family, certainly not as bad as many others, but things are different, each item that is not essential needs to be careful considered before the purchase.

Hats off to you @HUNT3R, people like you make our world better.

Thank you everyone :) Loving the game so far. Currently trying to take Crewe to the Championship and hopefully beyond!

Ps. I have tried to give back to the community by posting a bug in the User Interface section, but have so far been ignored :D ...I tried!