[FM21] Stuniverse's FM21 Adventure

Stuniverse

Thursday 29th October 2020

CONFUSED ABOUT UNDRID CONTRACT !?!?

zzzz_AnnikaVestergaard4.png.618861cbfbdd93491f627e764513f05b.png

Annika Vestergaard: Are you ok, Stuniverse? What's up?

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse_icon.png.60422a0722324c631ff17c51c71fac2c.png

Stuniverse: Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit confused about a conversation I had with the chairman today. I think I need to speak to Stan.

Annika Vestergaard: Why? What's Arnar said to you?

Stuniverse: Well it's more what he didn't say. I think he's automatically assuming I'll be managing Undrid next season. He reminded me that the players would be reporting back on 25th January and then we had a bit of a chat about what Undrid could achieve next season and then he shook my hand, thanked me for my hard work this season, and said he looked forward to seeing what Undrid could achieve next season with me in charge.

use.png.8a2be6810527670f9e75872c51853c17.png

Annika Vestergaard: And?

Stunverse: Well if that was a contract renewal... I was expecting something more formal.

Annika Vestergaard: I thought you said you didn't have a contract as such.

Stuniverse: That's what I thought, but now I'm not so sure. That's what I need to speak to Stan about.

*** Outgoing video call ***

zzzz_StanleyBaryla1.png.f2ce742b612c1f4118913a865459767d.png

Stanley Baryla: Oh, hello, Stuniverse. 

Stuniverse: I'm glad I caught you. What's your understanding about my contract situation as I had a bit of a confusing discussion with Mr Lognberg today?

Stanley Baryla: Confusing in what way?

Stuniverse: He reminded me that the players would be reporting back on 25th January and then we had a bit of a chat about what Undrid could achieve next season and then he shook my hand, thanked me for my hard work this season, and said he looked forward to seeing what Undrid could achieve next season with me in charge. I think he's automatically assuming I'll be managing Undrid next season.

Stanley Baryla: That might actually sort of be the case. I wasn't your agent when you got the job, and I don't normally work with managers of Amateur clubs, but from what I can gather from talking to Arnar it's sort of a rolling gentleman's agreement which continues indefinitely unless Undrid Fotboltsfelag fire you or you decide to quit.

use.png.a67724822b5ee44f0cde50e37df6ee11.png

Stuniverse: Oh.

Stanley Baryla: How did the chat go?

Stuniverse: Given we've just finished 4th, four points off a promotion place, I was disappointed with Arnar's lack of ambition. Instead of pushing on and trying to go for promotion, he wants to fight bravely against relegation next season with a view to establishing Undrid in 2. deild in future seasons. And, to help the club go backwards, he doesn't want any signings who are older than 23.

Stanley Baryla: Sounds like it'll be much harder next season.

Stuniverse: My thoughts exactly.

Stanley Baryla: Do you want to quit?

Stuniverse: I'd prefer it if I had another football club to go to.

Stanley Baryla: I'm still working on that, Stuniverse, but at the moment it's starting to look like your reputation isn't enough to get you an interview yet. I haven't given up, and I'm working hard on it, but I did say you might have to do another season at Undid and it's beginning to look like that may be the case.

use.png.a179c9f56dff105766d047c2eb3d413c.png

Stuniverse: Keep trying, Stan. I'd prefer to be working somewhere other than Undrid come January.

Stanley Baryla: Will do, Stuniverse. Leave it with me.

*** Video call ends ***

Edited by Stuniverse

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday 22nd November 2020

STUNIVERSE LOOKING TO LEAVE UNDRID

Torshavn Sports: Reports in the Faroese Football Free Press suggest Undrid manager Stuniverse is looking for a move away from J & K Vollur and has applied for the managerial vacancy at Assyriska Turabdin IK of Swedish Division 1 Sodra (Tier 3 of 4).

use.png.4b992b1c227125e7bd977cc4e52cfc1c.png

use.png.3c2d03f94ae28607677b847dcf6bcc0b.png

use.png.26279414a1634fc3cbdc21f5515e4a76.png

use.png.a2ecff06885423c2d94a026aae7f3f7b.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Wednesday 2nd December 2020

FRANDSEN STAYS AT UNDRID

Torshavn Sports: Undrid Fotboltsfelag's 33 year-old winger Kasper Frandsen has opted to stay at J & K Vollur despite receiving offers from other clubs. Frandsen made 29 appearances, in all competitions, for Undrid last season.

use.png.4bfc4d7d43a11432e847d017124b3497.png

use.png.8533b0c1103a7f9c7d9a4eb2b09858a3.png

use.thumb.png.c9aab8e95d114672b19c768fcac2785b.png

Sunday 6th December 2020

MORE REJECTIONS

use.png.4057eda20ed6317080f91ef5bff79495.png

Akademisk Boldklub Gladsaxe - Danish 2. division (Tier 3 of 3)

--

use.png.14dec5c9444c34e403815e793becf96d.png

Bodens BK FF - Swedish Division 2 Norrland (Tier 4 of 4)

SAVE UPDATE

I've just had thee more non-shortlist rejections land in my Inbox which is getting disheartening and, I imagine, is becoming somewhat tedious for you keep seeing / reading on here so I'm going to stop posting them on the thread for now - hope that's OK.

To be honest, I'm starting to think that nobody in the current FM21 World on my save wants Stuniverse... apart from my current club Undrid Fotboltsfelag who aren't paying me, won't fund a coaching course for me, and who's Board are showing a lack of ambition in their Club Vision.

I’m beginning to wonder whether I should stay at Undrid or walk out? 

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse8.png.c922e6ee92d70e3b3fae86e11ae0805e.png

Stuniverse

Edited by Stuniverse

Monday 14th December 2020

UNDRID SIGN NIELSEN

Torshavn Sports: Undrid Fotboltsfelag have signed 18 year-old right-back Birgir Nielsen on a free transfer.

use.png.980b678b5562f1591cd1d012876914f8.png

use.thumb.png.0e20a94ea8cc89db05fb270ae050aa29.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Friday 18th December 2020

UNDRID SIGN TAUSEN

Torshavn Sports: Undrid Fotboltsfelag have signed 26 year-old striker Ragnar Tausen on a free transfer from Tvoroyrar Boltfelag II. Tausen obviously impressed Undrid manger Stuniverse while scoring goals for relegated Tvoroyrar Boltfelag II against Undrid last season.

use.png.a645fa4cde4dce6e054e4902b362a0eb.png

use.thumb.png.b5321271fec1b9b3b81fec141dc3c5a3.png

use.thumb.png.ef8a51698678facfd8a617cb12c5a7bc.png

4 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

I’m beginning to wonder whether I should stay at Undrid or walk out? 

I had the same challenge recently when managing in the 7th tier in Scotland with Heriott-Watt University. I wasn't getting the support from the chairman, every request was being rejected and the club stayed as Amateur, even as we were progressing. Finally, I realized that the club is coded as Always Amateur and I figured that made a difference as to what would be accepted by the chairman. However, I also understood that I needed to balance what my reputation could achieve. After I got two promotions to the 5th tier, I was able to start applying for jobs that I could be considered for. I applied for 4 or 5 open roles around the Scottish tier 3 and 4 levels and got laughed off. Finally, I got a chance with Montrose who had were expected to win tier 4 and that worked.

So - my advice would be to try and stick out another season, hopefully get a promotion that will give you the visibility and something for Stan Baryla to 'sell' when he goes out there on your behalf. In terms of applying for jobs - try to be selective and see what might be a realistic jump. I don't think it makes sense to jump from the Faroese 4th tier to the Norwegian 1st tier, but it seemed like the lower levels in Sweden (and thus also Norway & Denmark) might be achievable.  

Your story is engaging as always, so keep plugging away and something will come along. I am enjoying the background story interludes with Stan, Annika and the video chats with the parents.

@StuniverseI am inclined to agree with Johnny-Trotter. The unforetunate truth is you have spent one season in the 4th tier of the Faroes.

I would think your best bet is to make a name for yourself in the Faroes for now. Look out for better jobs in the same country and if you can't move up the leagues with Undrid then do so with other Faroese teams. I think even the lowest tiers of Sweden and Norway are above where you are. 

Not being able to get coaching badges is the real damager here. I'd suggest that if they won't pay next season then you might have to leave. There's no guarantee that another club will either.

I asked my amateur club to fund a course and they said no at first. It was when I replied that I believed it was the best for the club that they relented.

FM really needs to let us fund our own courses.

I forget, did you have Iceland loaded? Often it can be easier to get jobs there.

Go on and have a good second season. Just got to keep the form going!

3 hours ago, Johnny-Trotter said:

I had the same challenge recently when managing in the 7th tier in Scotland with Heriott-Watt University.

Thanks, @Johnny-Trotter.

Finally, I realized that the club is coded as Always Amateur and I figured that made a difference as to what would be accepted by the chairman.

I know that's the case for Cardiff Met Uni, maybe it is for all the University teams.

However, I also understood that I needed to balance what my reputation could achieve. After I got two promotions to the 5th tier, I was able to start applying for jobs that I could be considered for. I applied for 4 or 5 open roles around the Scottish tier 3 and 4 levels and got laughed off. Finally, I got a chance with Montrose who had were expected to win tier 4 and that worked.

So - my advice would be to try and stick out another season, hopefully get a promotion that will give you the visibility and something for Stan Baryla to 'sell' when he goes out there on your behalf.

Good advice, thank you.

In terms of applying for jobs - try to be selective and see what might be a realistic jump. I don't think it makes sense to jump from the Faroese 4th tier to the Norwegian 1st tier, but it seemed like the lower levels in Sweden (and thus also Norway & Denmark) might be achievable. 

Yes, in hindsight [Stan] applying for all jobs probably was unrealistic and somewhat stupid.

Your story is engaging as always, so keep plugging away and something will come along. I am enjoying the background story interludes with Stan, Annika and the video chats with the parents.

That's very kind of you to say and exactly what I'm trying to achieve. I find the addition of the characters allow me to get over what I'm [Stuniverse is] thinking / planning in an informative and, hopefully, interesting and entertaining way.

Edited by Stuniverse

2 hours ago, anagain said:

@StuniverseI am inclined to agree with Johnny-Trotter. The unforetunate truth is you have spent one season in the 4th tier of the Faroes.

Yes, that's a very good point @anagain. 2. deild is Faroe Islands 3rd tier but I bet in terms of reputation there's very little difference between Tier 3 and 4, and the Faroe Islands must be the lowest reputation of the Nations / Leagues I have loaded.

I would think your best bet is to make a name for yourself in the Faroes for now. Look out for better jobs in the same country and if you can't move up the leagues with Undrid then do so with other Faroese teams. I think even the lowest tiers of Sweden and Norway are above where you are. 

Thank you. Very good advice.

Not being able to get coaching badges is the real damager here. I'd suggest that if they won't pay next season then you might have to leave. There's no guarantee that another club will either.

Yes, that's my [Stuniverse's] dilemma alright.

I asked my amateur club to fund a course and they said no at first. It was when I replied that I believed it was the best for the club that they relented.

I haven't tried arguing my case beyond the initial Board rejection. Maybe, I'll try that next time.

I forget, did you have Iceland loaded? Often it can be easier to get jobs there.

Yes, I do have Iceland loaded. In fact, when I started up the save Vestri in Iceland Inkasso-deild karla (Tier 2 of 2) approached me unsolicited and offered me the job after interview. I declined, as I thought starting Tier 2 of any Nation loaded was unrealistic (even if Iceland only went down to Tier 2) when I had Nations loaded that went down to Tiers 3 and 4.

use.thumb.png.04e4163298ddb62958f39463d6286ceb.png

use.png.271804df1381c89d4b227884d5de6a63.png

Go on and have a good second season. Just got to keep the form going!

Cheers.

use.png.f35cea7ca6201f0224eeb10fea36bdbd.png

I just hope my top players don't get poached as the new Club Vision addition is going to make it harder to sign players from the very small players pool I have to work in. I can still sign players over 23 but, if I sign too many, chairman Arnar Lognberg and the Board won't be too happy with me.

Tuesday 22nd December 2020

CHRISTMAS IN THE FAROE ISLANDS

zzzz_AnnikaVestergaard4.png.42eff99647aa4b7875f6018929bd1fb8.png

Annika Vestergaard: Welcome back.

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse8.png.1dc7fdea38db47743b4b549057ae007a.png

Stuniverse: It's good to be back. Thanks for meeting me and giving me a lift.

Annika Vestergaard: My pleasure. How are your mum and dad?

Stuniverse: Good. They're good, thanks. I think they were hoping you'd visit with me, mum's really taken with you. They send their love.

Annika Vestergaard: I'm sorry. It would've been nice, but this is a busy time at the hostelry. My parents needed me.

Stuniverse: I know. I explained that. They understood. Maybe next time?

Annika Vestergaard: Maybe. How was your trip?

Stuniverse: It was good. We had an early Christmas Day yesterday and mum's cooking was delicious as always. Last Wednesday we went to Pride Park and watched Derby County beat Swansea City 2-1 and then on Saturday we listened on Radio Derby as they lost 2-1 to Rotherham United. It was just like old times.

Annika Vestergaard: You know, I wasn't entirely sure you'd be back before Christmas.

Stuniverse: Why? I said I wanted to spend Christmas with you and I meant it. I'm looking forward to experiencing a traditional Faroe Islands Christmas with you, your parents, and brother.

Annika Vestergaard: Don't forget the dogs [laughs].

Stuniverse: And the dogs [laughs].

Annika Vestergaard: How's the job hunt going?

Stuniverse: Not good. Rejection, after rejection, after rejection. I'm not even being shortlisted. The only interview I've been offered is Vikingur Gota III who were relegated from our division this season.

Annika Vestergaard: I blame Stan, he's built your hopes up unrealistically.

Stuniverse: That's a bit harsh. Stan made it very clear my lack of experience was going to make it very challenging and he warned me that I may well have to do at least another season at Undrid.

Annika Vestergaard: You're being too generous as always - one of the things I love about you - but I've overheard snippets of your video calls and Stan has definitely built your hopes up with his promises.

Stuniverse: I knew what I was getting into with this and Stan was clear that there were no guarantees and he made no promises. Any way, I have some good news.

Annika Vestergaard: Oh, ok, what's that then?

Stuniverse: Well I've signed Ragnar Tausen from Tvoroyrar Boltfelag II, the striker you suggested I sign after he scored a brace against us in our penultimate game of the season.

Annika Vestergaard: At least he won't score against us now. See, I'm not just a pretty face. Is that how you say it in English?

Stuniverse: Yes, and you're definitely much more than just a pretty face. I've also signed six more players who will join on the 4th of January.

Annika Vestergaard: You have been busy.

Stuniverse: Oh, yes. So your concern about me not being fully focussed on  Undrid Fotboltsfelag was unfounded.

Annika Vestergaard: OK. Alright. I apologise.

Stuniverse: Apology accepted.

Annika Vestergaard: Come on, let's get you home. I don't know about you, but I'm getting hungry.

Please LIKE if you enjoyed this update and FOLLOW the thread so you don't miss future updates.

Edited by Stuniverse

[Manager Stuniverse has joined the call]

Jack: Hello Mr. Stuniverse thank you for taking time to talk to me today. First let me congratulate you on a great season, I know by some of your media interviews that you thought you could do better but for a team tipped for relegation I'd say this season is a win for you.

Stuniverse: You’re welcome, Jack. Thank you. You’re right, looking back now we had a very successful season and the players deserve a lot of credit. It was frustrating though during the run-in because we put ourselves in a great position, reaching 2nd at one point, but we were unable to win the big games when they really mattered.

Jack: I don't know how much your agent has told you but my name is Jack Wilson and a content creator for the YouTube channel The Beautiful Game.  I would like to to follow you around during your career, and make content about your career. 

Stuniverse: Yeah, Stan mentioned it to me after he’d spoken to you and said it would be good to help raise my profile - between you and me, I’m not sure anybody outside of the Faroe Islands have even heard of me. I’m surprised you had, to be honest, it’s not much of a career as I manage, as you know, an amateur team and I have to work behind the bar and wait tables in the local hostelry to pay my way.

Jack: Well I didn't to be honest, I heard of you from a friend of a friend who moved to the Islands a couple of years back. He's a big football fan, and he went to one of your games, passed your name on to me and then I did my research. Also I agree no one outside of here knows who you are but in this case that works out in my or should I say our favor. You're a mystery man with no coaching and playing past who has left his home country to chase a dream, people will eat that up.

Stuniverse: Did we convert him to becoming an Undrid fan? [laughs]. Calling me a mystery man just shows me that my profile does need raising. If your YouTube Channel thingy can do that for me then it can’t hurt I suppose.

Jack: Yeah I think you guys managed to convert him, it also helps that you guys are one of the closest teams around. To your point about starting with humble beginnings most managers have humble beginnings before the career takes off.  While I'm not asking to live with you or get into your personal affairs, I would like to be able to follow you around during the week (while your at the club's training ground) and during games. Obviously if your having a meeting regarding sensitive information or something you don't want me to know about I can always make myself scarce for awhile.

Stuniverse: Now that would be scary, like you were stalking me [laughs]. I guess that would be ok, if the Undrid Board agree, but just as long as you don’t get in the way. Sensitive information could come up quite a bit, as I’m sure you can appreciate there’s things we discuss that we wouldn’t want our opponents to know about, there’s also discussions and conversations with players and staff about private stuff.

Jack: I promise nothing I do will disrupt training or game prep. Any questions jump out to you so far?

Stuniverse: What about logistics? Will it be just you with a hand-held camera or are you planning on bringing in a film crew? A film crew would be more disruptive just with the number of people and equipment. We only train twice a week so I need to maximize that time on the training ground with the players. I guess I’m wondering how this will actually work in practice and how much of my time you’re going to need

Jay: Well for now it would be just me, a couple of go pros and my laptop. I would like to get a professional camera like the new stations have but it's not in the budget right now. See that's the thing, this is new to everybody here including me. Not sure how this will go, I won't be hounding you every day though. 

I know their are reservations from your part about this believe me I would have some myself if the roles were reversed but we have a chance at something never done before.

Stuniverse: That’s the thing, Jack. And don’t take this personally. But can I trust you? And how much should I let you in on? You're a journalist and you want this story, goodness knows why you want to do it about me, but you do but I need the story to be a positive one that shows me in a good light and benefits my career. I’m just wary given I’m starting out on my career. Remember the Sandra Bullock film The Blind Side? The American Football Player that film was about, Michael Oher, later blamed the film for the downturn in his career. 

Jack: This is my career one the line, if I fail at this I get the fun experience of trying to work my way back up doing to stupid top 10 videos. If you don't approve of what I'm doing you can always just cut bait and tell me to leave. Look at the top managers around the world Mourinho, Klopp, Pep, Bielsa, Zidane, Rafa Benitez and past managers like Sir Alex Ferguson, and Arsene Wenger, and not all of their popular moments were positive. These guys know/knew how to use the media to not only boost their reputation but make them into larger then life figures. I don't know what your goal is in career but I know it isn't to wait behind a counter while coaching for free on the weekends, you don't have to want to be the next legend but I'm willing to risk my own livelihood that this will be a success. 

Well that's my pitch I'll stay in the call to answer anymore questions, don't feel pressured into making the choice right now, sleep on it, talk it over with people who's opinion you trust and get back to me. 

Stuniverse: I’m happy to give it a shot. I guess you need to go back to my agent, Stanley Baryla, and get him to talk to the Undrid Chairman Arnar Lognberg to sort out the arrangements. Although I’m not sure you can do much before January 25th when the Undrid players report back for training.

Jack: Thank you for taking this chance, I have a feeling this will turn out to be something special. A sit down talk or interview with you works for me until the players come back. Hopefully get some quick interviews with your staff to give some insight into what it's like to work with you, that kind of stuff. That should make a pretty nice introduction video for the series. 

Stuniverse: Some of them might not want to go on camera but sure, go for it.

Jack: I can work with that, I already got my bag packed so I'll be buying a plane ticket and making my way to the islands. I'm excited to get this thing going and also to meet you in person.

[Call ended]

@Stuniverse

Edited by JaytheGreat

Saturday 2nd January 2021

STAYING AT UNDRID

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse8.png.d6363da781fdc23f3676271f446ca88c.png

Stuniverse: Well, Annika, it looks like I'm staying at Undrid. You're stuck with me hanging around for another season.

zzzz_AnnikaVestergaard3.png.5305318b432ae2e976d5e6361cc51f59.png

Annika Vestergaard: That's not such a bad thing.

Stuniverse: Will your mum and dad be ok with that?

Annika Vestergaard: Of course, you really made an impression on them over Christmas. I mean, they had a good impression of you any way, but I think you went up in their estimation.

Stuniverse: What about you? Did I go up in your estimation?

Annika Vestergaard: Possibly [laughs]. How did your meeting with Arnar Lognberg [Chairman] go?

use.png.89332cc35804a2a735d1218828b7b09e.png

Stuniverse: Pretty much as the informal chat we had when the season ended. Arnar wants to avoid relegation. Personally, I'd hoped for Arnar and the Board to show more ambition than that. We finished 4th last season, only four points off promotion, and we were very much in the promotion race. I would want to build on that and go for promotion if it was me.

Annika Vestergaard: Arnar is the custodian of the long-term future of Undrid Fotboltsfelag. You have to remember that 3rd in 2. deild is the highest Undrid have ever finished in their history.

use.png.6d10a7ae3d7ea3b9f5af4bde97b49276.png

Stuniverse: And he still wants me to sign players under-23 for the first-team which, in my opinion, will make it even harder to improve the overall quality of the squad.

Annika Vestergaard: You can still sign players over 23 though, can't you? Ragnar Tausen, who I asked you to sign, is 25, 26, 27... something like that, isn't he?

use.thumb.png.687e93fa1feed1fd720a499958f49bd9.png

Stuniverse: Ragnar is 26, I think. So yes, it's not a must sign players under-23 but I need to make sure the majority of signings are under-23.

Annika Vestergaard: You can work with that though, can't you?

Stuniverse: I can. I suppose. To be honest, it's not like we have players knocking our door down wanting to sign for us. It's a pretty small players pool we're fishing in.

Annika Vestergaard: You had a very good season last year, finishing 4th and challenging for promotion. Won't that help?

use.png.08a6d2def089a8d5607abe66aea615fb.png

Stuniverse: It might, but I'm not holding my breath. After this season, assuming we do avoid relegation, Arnar's only interested in establishing Undrid Fotboltsfelag as a 2. deild side.

Annika Vestergaard: Like I say, Arnar is the custodian of the club, he won't want it over-stretching and going out of business on his watch.

Stuniverse: I can understand that, but I'd like to be winning things.

Annika Vestergaard: On a different topic, there's something I've been wanting to speak to you about for a while.

Stuniverse: Sounds ominous.

Annika Vestergaard:  No, not at all. Your Faroese has really come on, Stuniverse. I'm proud of you, but I think you should talk to the press on your own from now on. I can't hold your hand forever.

use.png.432604c54378f04cb5eb6c3ddb670ce7.png

Stuniverse: I like you being there with me. I like you holding my hand.

Annika Vestergaard: I like holding your hand too... but you need to stand up on your own two feet and face the media on your own from now on.

Stuniverse: OK. Talking of media, I spoke to that guy about the YouTube Channel thingy--

Annika Vestergaard: Jack someone... Jack Wilson, I think you said it was.

Stuniverse: That's him. We had a good chat and it looks like we're going ahead with that.

Annika Vestergaard: Well you're definitely doing that without me holding your hand. I have absolutely no inclination to go on TV.

Stuniverse: Fair enough.

Annika Vestergaard: Have you heard any more from that so-called agent of yours?

Stuniverse: Not much, no. Stan keeps me updated by text about the many rejections I'm getting but, no, I haven't spoken to him since before Christmas.

Please LIKE if you enjoyed this update and FOLLOW the thread so you don't miss future updates.

Tagged: @JaytheGreat

Edited by Stuniverse

After the first season there's a league reshuffle in Denmark which make the 4th tier playable, it may also be worth a shot to add that league as well? I would still say that the best bet would be to make a name for yourself in the Faroe Islands for the next few seasons. Of the managers in the Betridieldin currently I think only two have managed outside of Faroe Islands previously.

1 hour ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

After the first season there's a league reshuffle in Denmark which make the 4th tier playable, it may also be worth a shot to add that league as well?

Thanks, @Makoto Nakamura. Any idea what in-game date that happens on? I've just looked and I don't think the 4th tier is available to add yet on my save. I'll keep my eye out for it being an option.

use.png.1ef392b296edcc9b4539cd22008c7c4a.png

1 hour ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I would still say that the best bet would be to make a name for yourself in the Faroe Islands for the next few seasons. Of the managers in the Betridieldin currently I think only two have managed outside of Faroe Islands previously.

That's good advice. Thank you.

Edited by Stuniverse

Sunday 3rd January 2021

2021 2. DEILD SEASON

use.png.aef3f94a02b21afbfa03966ce09422e9.png

use.png.5c7f3f79fa09290019a93a9cc8f56c1f.png

use.png.0cc989c74909332c7de4a8bf24ea15d0.png

use.png.e896c59eb4fd42ead6c8df0cd836cbba.png

2020 Final Standings

Betri Deildin Menn

use.thumb.png.605e51523d45df37dfdff7544233a2cc.png

1. deild

use.thumb.png.4a8c64e17e32e9e512feb1417d9d69c1.png
Note: I checked with @Weiry (who created the Faroe Islands database I’m using - thank you, Weiry) and AB (FRO) II got relegated in 5th because their First Team were relegated from the top flight Betri Deildin Menn and First Teams can't play in the same division as their B team.

2. deild

use.thumb.png.93adaf042c5c2520b52520c58e8f9f67.png

3. deild

use.thumb.png.78cb6859630b3a3f198a1008a37f1393.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Tuesday 5th January 2021

UNDRID SIGN SIX

Torshavn Sports: As the Faroe Islands transfer window opened yesterday, Undrid Fotboltsfelag have wasted no time in confirming six new signings.

use.png.2f0d757537b375588d3d3dd688d9c8a6.png

use.png.96cc714f5c2675b2733b8ea951ba0393.png

use.png.02af596ff401d3f1beea92d09d8e0089.png

use.thumb.png.4bc3d08270d84bf4e1fa596ace252f37.png

use.thumb.png.406d32aff005069a6c3c42801d599c9e.png

use.thumb.png.1f95ac710383f8dad6065dadbc3ccbf2.png

use.thumb.png.c074a9bbed2a64686803c4ccf5c4e15a.png

use.thumb.png.a34395e8f116cc5d800f76fc04a2e140.png

use.thumb.png.4b8931feec9990a8b969eb9507800590.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Thursday 7th January 2021

UNDRID SIGN VESTERGAARD

Torshavn Sports: Undrid Fotboltsfelag have signed 25 year-old winger Hjalti Vestergaard on a free transfer.

use.png.60565935e5c012993ec23e525ad8ce5a.png

use.thumb.png.4d555812070815893b12343bba545d5b.png

7 hours ago, oche balboa said:

I would keep faith with being in the Faroe Islands. Try and find a way to get to the top level quickly 

Thanks @oche balboa. That does seem like my best plan right now.

Seems Annika was right about Stan building Stuniverse's Hopes up unrealistically.

Edited by Stuniverse

5 minutes ago, Bitner said:

I think the best plan is to increase your reputation on Undrid as long as you can.

It's one season, no way you could feel stagnated,

Cheers,
Bitner 

Thank you, @Bitner. It would help motivate Stuniverse if Undrid would at least fund a coaching course for him.

Thursday 7th January 2021

2. DEILD SEASON PREVIEW

Torshavn Sports: Undrid Fotboltsfelag are predicted to finish 5th (out of 10) in 2. deild this season.

use.png.f24490190469dc471887bc2add8646c2.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Sunday 17th January 2021

UNDRID SIGN MUSAH

Torshavn Sports: Undrid Fotboltsfelag sign 19 year-old Ghanian midfielder Samudeen Musah on a free transfer.

use.png.08cc4ce1d6542f8aa05fb06362d03fa4.png

use.thumb.png.0d35d01f79c98eb7b3556faedd0479e5.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Monday 18th January 2021

DISHARMONY IN UNDRID RECRUITMENT MEETING

Torshavn Sports understand from a source at Undrid Fotboltsfelag that at today's recruitment meeting the Board, through chairman / coach Arnar Lognberg, made manager Stuniverse aware of their disappointment at the lack of young players being signed for the first-team. Stuniverse has signed eight players so far this transfer window, with three of them being over the age of 23.

use.png.8d0b4c6988e56ff24a4462c743672f71.png

use.png.8e3cd576668e52337794475884449452.png

Monday 18th January 2021

FREDERIKSBERG JOINS UNDRID

Torshavn Sports: Undrid Fotboltsfelag have signed 23 year-old Malbergur Frederiksberg on a free transfer from Skala Itrottarfelag II.

use.png.dbb6bdf9c0df13611b3334a54fee6c45.png

use.thumb.png.74c98ec8226fe54b758d209c5dc12908.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Sit Down With Manager Stuniverse

Hello to all the viewers out there this is Jack Wilson and I'd like to say thank you for watching the first episode of what we hope will be a truly incredible series, To kick it off we couldn't think of a better wat to start then with a sit down interview with the series focus Mr. Stuniverse.

Jack: After finishing 4th in the 2. deild what is your expectation for this season?

Stuniverse: Not only were we 4th, we finished 10 points clear of 5th and were only four points adrift of the second promotion spot.

My personal ambition for this season would be to build on what we achieved last season and push for promotion. Let’s try and see if we can make it up to 1. Deild. Unfortunately, the Undrid Board and players aren’t comfortable we can achieve that.

Jack: You've signed a number of new players in the offseason, do you expect them to make an impact right away or are they more depth players?

Stuniverse: Some of each to be honest. Some of the new signings will be regular starters, some will strengthen the squad, and some are more longer term for the future and will play in our second team or Under-19 team.

Jack: Your a ways from home, how has the adjustment period gone for you. Has anything proved to be easier or harder to adjust to then you 1st thought?

Stuniverse:  The biggest problem I found initially was not speaking Faroese, although most people out here can speak English. The main languages though are Faroese and Danish. Most people were very friendly but I definitely got accepted more when I started to speak Faroese myself. I have to thank my translator and tutor Miss Vestergaard for that.

Undrid Fotboltsfelag set me up in digs at a local hostelry, with my translator’s parents as it happens. Mr and Mrs Vestergaard have been very welcoming and it’s been like a home from home once I settled in.

It’s different here though. It’s colder than I’m used to back home and the landscape is more rugged but, overall, I’ve enjoyed the experience so far. I do miss my mum and dad though, and my friends, and I will admit to being a little homesick at first.

I returned home for a week just before Christmas and it was as if I’d never been away.

Jack: What would you say is the hardest part of managing an Amateur team? 

Stuniverse: The biggest problem, well two problems really, is that there’s a very small pool of players who are prepared to join an Amateur team in Faroe Islands Tier 3, understandably because we don’t pay them.

Alongside that, the player contracts aren’t really worth the paper they’re written on because a player can leave at any time if they get a better offer, or any offer for that matter, from a football club they’d prefer to play for.

Jack: According to the oddsmakers they have Undrid finishing 5th, after being tipped for relegation last year is there added pressure being talked about/expected to be in the promotion hunt?

Stuniverse: Not really. The official expectation for the season is for Undrid Fotboltsfelag to avoid relegation. I’m not content with that, I want to win things, so the biggest pressure right now is the pressure I’m putting on myself.

Jack: You work as a bartender and waiter during the week, have any of the customers realized you manage Undrid on the weekends?

Stuniverse: Yes. It’s a small and close community and yes, most of the customers know I’m the manager of Undrid Fotboltsfelag and, what’s more, they all have an opinion on what I should be doing too. We have a good laugh after a win, but there’s a few that tell me exactly where I went wrong when we lose.

We have 25 season ticket holders and I think I’ve met every single one of them now. Our average attendance last season was 116 and I’ve probably met most of them too.

Jack: Any thing you want to tell the viewers or potential viewers watching this 1st interview.

Stuniverse: Yes. There’s about two months until the season starts on 13th March with an away game against newly promoted 07 Vestur II.

Right now, I’m very confident in our chances for the season. We still have all our players who did magnificently last season to finish 4th, plus about seven new signings who will improve the squad so, yes, I’m very confident at the moment.

And yes, if you’re in the area, particularly if you’re local, come down to J & K Vollur to watch Undrid Fotboltsfelag and cheer us on. You’ll be made very welcome.

Jack: Thank you for your time Mr. Stuniverse.

[After the interview]

Jack: So viewers a few days after we recorded the interview I was walking around the Undrid training ground try to get my bearings and I noticed the mood was very tense and considering the players are still on vacation I figured it had to be something regarding the higher ups. So I asked Stuniverse what was going on and he said him and club president Arnar Lognberg got into an argument over the transfers brought in over the break. Stuniverse told me that the President was very strict about not signing players older then 23 and while only 3 out of 9 new players are over 23 it was not good enough for Mr. Lognberg. Personally I think it's a silly thing for a club like this to impose, but it is clear that Stuniverse and Mr. Lognberg are not on the same page about a lot of things at the club. 

Edited by JaytheGreat

Monday 25th January 2021

UNDRID PLAYERS REPORT BACK TO J & K VOLLUR

Torshavn Sports: The Undrid Fotboltsfelag players have reported back with a clean bill of health.

use.png.ecd51928eccf6b321684a0f86eb49550.png

use.png.a4f04951909ce7ba850d9e9ccf447494.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Monday 25th January 2021

UNDRID PRE-SEASON TEAM MEETING

Torshavn Sports understand Undrid Fotboltsfelag manager Stuniverse held a successful Team Meeting with the players on their return to training. A source close to the football club said the manager, back room staff, and the playing squad all agreed on a target to finish in the top half of the 2. deild league table.

use.png.5de7870fa8ba8ada074bce83191d42bd.png

use.thumb.png.3c2454588db5e9c3c9f6648ffc70028e.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Monday 25th January 2021

COACHING COURSE REQUEST

zzzz_AnnikaVestergaard4.png.4aeafd84200cf5dddb7848539b4eda75.png

Annika Vestergaard: Have you seen your interview on that YouTube programme?

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse8.png.75b864c3bcaa742d467837b4e0c3cf2a.png

Stuniverse: No. I've not had chance to look at it. To be honest, I don't like watching myself on screen. I was there for the filming, remember. How did I do?

Annika Vestergaard: Good. You did well. But after the interview, that Jack Wilson guy said you and Arnar Lognberg had argued about transfer policy. Did you actually say you'd argued with the chairman about the number of Under-23 players signed for the first team?

Stuniverse: No, of course not. I didn't say that.

Annika Vestergaard: Well you must've said something unless the journalist completely made it up?

use.png.1aa3dbed7d4ab0f777a74e00c42028eb.png

Stuniverse: I may have said that I wasn't in favour of the Board pushing for Under-23 signings for the first team, but I didn't say we'd argued.

Annika Vestergaard: You need to be careful what you say. The chairman will see this. So will the Board, your back room staff, your players and the supporters.

Stuniverse: I know. The camera wasn't rolling at the time, I thought we were off-the-record.

Annika Vestergaard: He's a journalist. You're never off-the-record.

Stuniverse: OK. I'll be more careful. He caught me off-guard as I'd pushed Arnar over funding a coaching course and he turned me down flat yet again, even when I tried to convince him that it would benefit Undrid Fotboltsfelag as a football club. Not just me.

use.png.5becbdf03fe0a55dd7b67fafcee7659f.png

use.png.902ac44fbd62ac23fee88cb7e305245e.png

Annika Vestergaard: I don't know why you keep hassling Arnar over a coaching course. He's made it very clear how he feels about it and he's not going to change his mind.

Stuniverse: I know, but it feels like it's all take and no give from him.

Annika Vestergaard: You have to get over it. Arnar won't change his mind. How was your first day back otherwise?

Stuniverse: Good. All the players returned fit and healthy, the medical staff were pleased with them, and we had a positive team meeting.

Tagged: @JaytheGreat

Edited by Stuniverse

Tuesday 26th January 2021

UNDRID SIGN PETERSEN

Torshavn Sports:  Undrid Fotboltsfelag have signed 22 year-old striker Johan Petersen on a free transfer.

use.png.da23efac69bba834c0ec194db2f4fefe.png

use.thumb.png.c5eb3847a71662af1432c40556fe4521.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Thursday 28th January 2021

UNDRID SNAP-UP LUDVIG

Torshavn Sports:  Undrid Fotboltsfelag have signed 23 year-old goalkeeper Olavur Ludvig on a free transfer.

use.png.393166d3ed2738f46fb1f0ad96a56225.png

use.thumb.png.9e1d13fb57b3dfd506026f3967ec3e56.png

Edited by Stuniverse