Jump to content

Faces on Tactics Pitch?


Recommended Posts

For FM20 I got a skin that showed the players' faces next to their shirts on the tactics screen. It was a lovely addition that made me feel like I knew my players better. Does anyone know if there's a skin out yet for FM21 that does this? Ideally quite close to the original skin which I love (big fan of the purple look).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevemc said:

Anyone know how to add faces to the tactics screen then, like this from FM20?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/UvlWYHT.png[/img]

https://imgur.com/UvlWYHT

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="UvlWYHT"><a href="https://imgur.com/UvlWYHT">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

 

[Imgur](https://imgur.com/UvlWYHT)

you should be be albe to take the player code from 20 into the tactics icon info panel overview for 21. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

you should be be albe to take the player code from 20 into the tactics icon info panel overview for 21. 

I've extracted the SITOOLKIT file, is that where the Tactics Icon Info Panel Overview file should be? (I can't see it in there)

Edited by stevemc
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stevemc said:

I've extracted the SITOOLKIT file, is that where the Tactics Icon Info Panel Overview file should be? (I can't see it in there)

You'll need to extract the panels folder in data\game

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

You'll need to extract the panels folder in data\game

Cheers sorted that, it looks like I've binned the FM20 skin to pinch the line of code I need - any idea what/where I can take it from?

EDIT: Downloaded a couple of old skins and none of them have a tactics icon info panel overview.xml file in there?

Edited by stevemc
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Cheers sorted that, it looks like I've binned the FM20 skin to pinch the line of code I need - any idea what/where I can take it from?

EDIT: Downloaded a couple of old skins and none of them have a tactics icon info panel overview.xml file in there?

 <widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre,top">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,20,55,0" />

      <record id="object_property">
        <integer id="get_property" value="objt"/>
        <integer id="set_property" value="objt"/>
      </record>
    </widget>

play with the inset number to move it about

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

 <widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre,top">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,20,55,0" />

      <record id="object_property">
        <integer id="get_property" value="objt"/>
        <integer id="set_property" value="objt"/>
      </record>
    </widget>

play with the inset number to move it about

I'm very interested in adding player faces to the tactic screen.

Do I just need to add this code to a txt file and place it in the relevant skin folder?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McClane29 said:

I'm very interested in adding player faces to the tactic screen.

Do I just need to add this code to a txt file and place it in the relevant skin folder?

You need to add it to the player icon info overview panel.xml and place it into the base skin, tactics folder  (available in the top thread)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

You need to add it to the player icon info overview panel.xml and place it into the base skin, tactics folder  (available in the top thread)

I've downloaded the Base Skin, but it does not have the 'player icon info overview panel.xml'.

Do I need to download this from elsewhere?

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McClane29 said:

I've downloaded the Base Skin, but it does not have the 'player icon info overview panel.xml'.

Do I need to download this from elsewhere?

Thanks.

You'll need to extract the panels folder in data\game using the resource archiver, or take it from a skin that has the faces for 21 already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, McClane29 said:

I've downloaded the Base Skin, but it does not have the 'player icon info overview panel.xml'.

Do I need to download this from elsewhere?

Thanks.

I'll be finishing mine off today and you can have that, just drop it in your Base Skin folder.

Edited by stevemc
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, McClane29 said:

I've downloaded the Base Skin, but it does not have the 'player icon info overview panel.xml'.

Do I need to download this from elsewhere?

Thanks.

Put this file here:

Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/skins/skinname/panels/tactics/tactics icon info panel overview.xml

tactics icon info panel overview.xml

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Thanks, that's brilliant! Is there any way to easily make the faces a bit bigger in relation to the pitch? Don't worry if not!

I tried but the heads getting being chopped off so I lost patience and jibbed it off! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreyedOutMan said:

No worries! Thanks for that anyway, it's only a small detail, it's already a LOT better!

I agree though, I wanted them bigger so if anyone has the patience to figure it out then I’d drop it into mine too!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would anyone know if there is a simple line of code (or two) that could be added to the config to bring back the role suitability icon from FM20 on tactics screen.

I've seen a few skins for FM21 which appear to have brought the icon back after it being removed for FM21.

Thanks for any help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, <<Macaco-RJ88>> said:

I have come to a point where I find the sizing of both kits and pics, acceptable :)

Now, I would like to know if there is a way to place the face "in front" of the Kit, So I avoid the tip of the sleeve covering the player face.

Thank you.

image.png.16161b892eed808311e6fcda0e12df26.png

 

FM layers things in a way that the code thats underneath other code displays on top. So you currently have

1. player face

2. shirt code

 

Swap those round

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2020 at 10:54, stevemc said:

Put this file here:

Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/skins/skinname/panels/tactics/tactics icon info panel overview.xml

tactics icon info panel overview.xml 6.46 kB · 37 downloads

Stupid question. I don't have a 'tactics' folder in the panels folder of my skin. Do I need to create one or extract something? I'm using the base dark skin at the top of this forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Stupid question. I don't have a 'tactics' folder in the panels folder of my skin. Do I need to create one or extract something? I'm using the base dark skin at the top of this forum.

Yes. Make a new folder and rename it tactics

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Watson156 said:

Strange. Did you make sure that the panel is correctly named? I know sometimes when you download a panel from here it can change the name.

I will check when I get back in. Do you know where I can find a guide to extract the relevant files for skinning? I tried looking in the guides at the top of the forum, but got confused. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I will check when I get back in. Do you know where I can find a guide to extract the relevant files for skinning? I tried looking in the guides at the top of the forum, but got confused. 

I don't sorry, I can try though! I learned by trial and error.

You will need to use the Resource Archiver found in Steam. Once it's open click on the Browse Archive button at the bottom of the screen and then find your game location. I think its in the Steam/Steam Apps folder. Once you get to the Data folder there are files & folders that you can browse. Your probably going to be looking for panels though? The panels file is in the game folder.

Now that you know where the files or folders that you want are, cancel out of that window and go back to the main menu. Click on the Extract Archive button and once again find the panels file, and click load. It will ask you where you want your file to be extracted to. What I do is find My Downloads folder and then click on the New Folder option. Name it whatever you want. Then just click on that new folder you just created and click select. Wait a few seconds and its done.

You can now go to your Downloads folder (or wherever you just made that new folder) and in there will be the panels folder, full of every panel thats in the game I think! From there just find the specific panel that you are after. 

To put it into the game, you need to make sure that whatever folder you found it in (from the brand new folder you just created) it will need to go in the same named folder inside the skins panel folder.  

For example if you find the tactics icon info panel overview.xml inside My Downloads/New Folder/panels/tactics then it will need to go in Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/skins/skinname/panels/tactics If the skin your using doesn't have the tactics folder in its panels folder, then create a new folder called tactics and place the specific file in there.

I hope that makes sense and helps, although I've probably made it even more confusing!

Edited by Watson156
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2020 at 14:35, <<Macaco-RJ88>> said:

Hi,  if the challenge is with resizing the faces..how about the KIT and KIT Number? What code controls their size?

Thanks

Which code do you need to change to resize the kits and faces? I'm assuming you found out?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...