Jack Wilshere

toon army 06

11 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

He might be one of those types who'd rather hold out for the sort of pay/level that he thinks he deserves.  
Many players retire waiting, rather than drop down a few leagues and earn a bit more towards the retirement fund.

Seems silly to me but then I'm not vain. 

Could be true, but he was willing to join me at Hearts in the first season back in the SPFL. I never signed him, but I'm just surprised no one has picked him up.

5 hours ago, Kenzo said:

Probably about his level....championship player.

it arguably is,

he's rated as a decentPrem/leading Cship player at the start of the game, but ~6 months of limited gametime sees him plummet (I've got him as "decent Cship player" by March)
if he's not being played regularly (and he's arguably not good enough to warrant it consistently, plus he's almost constantly getting small injuries)

I wouldn't be giving him any more than a 2 year deal

i signed him at West Brom, he's playing as a CAM in a 4231, been very good for me, has missed about half of season with injury mind, nothing major, little niggles. but for free and i pay him 21k wages, not bad at all, he'll certainly do as West Brom only had 1m wage budget 

2 hours ago, Majson said:

i signed him at West Brom, he's playing as a CAM in a 4231, been very good for me, has missed about half of season with injury mind, nothing major, little niggles. but for free and i pay him 21k wages, not bad at all, he'll certainly do as West Brom only had 1m wage budget 

How are u getting on with West Brom ..? I’m still trying to find a decent formation 

19 hours ago, richard.cheeseman said:

How are u getting on with West Brom ..? I’m still trying to find a decent formation 

surprising myself tbh, i won only 1 of my 1st 6 having started off in a 4231 but have a 4222 and somehow won FA cup season 1 and finished 6th in league (albeit 20 points off 5th in a very tight league after that) and currently ending season 2 having won carabao cup and amazing 2 points clear at the top, using mostly my 4222 and sometimes a 41212.

I switched Karlan Grant from left attacking mid to ST, been rewarded with goals goals goals, Pereira and Diangara as my 2 main wide mids with Robinson covering
Wilshire, Sawyers and Livermore were my main cms (rotating) but this season signed Sean Longstaff (been very good) and Olivier Ntcham (who's been nothing short of outstanding with high press due to his high energy levels and stamina)
Ajayi has been a revelation in CB, Kipre also very good (but 2nd season he's now rotating as i bought Phil jones in for some experience). Furlong is great for cover (and fine on his own but i use Cedric as my main RB now and biolesen i signed very cheap from Kobernhavn is my main LB (and good cb cover)

Wilshire still plays a bit and i've given him a season extension, cos of range of roles he can cover he's useful, def finding the more attacking i play him the better return I've got, does very well in my 41212

Edited by Majson

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Joyboy. said:

Not for long. Also isn't Grant a bit op on this?

On what basis? I’m not having a lot of luck with him so far

im on season 4 and he has been average just like in real life.. happy to get some thoughts from others. His stats where passed on by the Huddersfield researcher when he signed for West Brom.

So no changes have been made prior to this years game going live.

• 2 weeks later...