Jump to content

A lot of crashes while doing various things including on start-up


Recommended Posts

I get crashes while giving feedback, clicking a button, while loading up a save, clicking a player on the squad screen and many other things. The most recent crash dumps are below: 

 

FM 2021 v21.0.0.1476964 (2020.11.19 21.25.57).dmp FM 2021 v21.0.0.1476964 (2020.11.19 21.55.18).dmp FM 2021 v21.0.0.1476964 (2020.11.20 12.11.39).dmp FM 2021 v21.0.0.1476964 (2020.11.20 12.42.15).dmp FM 2021 v21.0.0.1476964 (2020.11.20 12.52.30).dmp

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Luke Hume said:

Hi, we are sorry to hear about this. Are you using any custom files such as logo packs? If so, does the error persist when you remove all custom files? 

Yes I do currently, but these errors were occuring while not using any so this isnt the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, shiney1884 said:

Yes I do currently, but these errors were occuring while not using any so this isnt the issue.

Please remove them for the time being, also can you delete your caches and preferences folder and see if this makes any difference. Thanks https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-Delete-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder#text

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

Please remove them for the time being, also can you delete your caches and preferences folder and see if this makes any difference. Thanks https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-Delete-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder#text

I removed and deleted these and the game froze and crashed without a crash dump

Edited by shiney1884
Link to post
Share on other sites

There may be a problem with the files and folder location, so to check if this is the case first of all, right-click on your desktop and select 'New' -> 'Folder'

Create a folder and name it something to distinguish it (say SI backup)

Once you've done this go to your Sports Interactive folder found within 'documents' which by default is at the following location - C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 - if it's not at this default location we would suggest resetting it here by following these instructions - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-change-the-sports-interactive-folder-location-r855/

This should contain folders like 'games', 'crash dumps' etc. Please cut every folder from here and paste them into the folder you've created on your desktop.

Once you've done this and the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 folder is now empty, launch the game. If it works, copy back the files from the desktop folder and hopefully it should now load without any issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

There may be a problem with the files and folder location, so to check if this is the case first of all, right-click on your desktop and select 'New' -> 'Folder'

Create a folder and name it something to distinguish it (say SI backup)

Once you've done this go to your Sports Interactive folder found within 'documents' which by default is at the following location - C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 - if it's not at this default location we would suggest resetting it here by following these instructions - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-change-the-sports-interactive-folder-location-r855/

This should contain folders like 'games', 'crash dumps' etc. Please cut every folder from here and paste them into the folder you've created on your desktop.

Once you've done this and the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 folder is now empty, launch the game. If it works, copy back the files from the desktop folder and hopefully it should now load without any issues.

This didn't work and I received this crash dump on the first attempt:

FM 2021 v21.0.0.1476964 (2020.11.20 15.59.30).dmp

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

I've been through these steps and so far so good. I have yet to experience a crash on 2 start ups so hopefully that's it fixed. If I still encounter regular crashes i'll post here. Thanks for your help!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...