Wallace v Roberts 2009

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's amazing to see us doing so well in the league, and reaching the 4th round of the FA Cup is a pretty decent achievement.

Thanks!

I was quite disappointed with the draw of Portsmouth in the FA cup. I either wanted one of the big 5 ( Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and QPR!) away, or a team I thought I could beat.

Anyhow I've just had a look at my remaining 18 games, and they break down like this.

16th placed and below: 7 games

15th to 7th place: 6 games

7th placed and above: 5 games

So if I can demolish all of the lower teams, record mostly if not all wins against the middle teams, and do ok against the bigger teams, the league should be ours!

February Update

Braintree 3 - 0 Morecambe

Two goals from Powell and one form McKeown gave us a comfortable win. Morecambe are doing well in the league but we made them look poor.

York 0 - 2 Braintree

A pretty easy win against a lackluster York team.

Braintree 1 - 1 Exeter

Although we should have won, I'm happy that we drew. I didn't think we'd be able to get back into it after they scored but Powell found a way and should have done better in Injury time to give us a win.

Stockport 0 - 2 Braintree

It looked like it was going to be heading for a disappointing draw, but two late goalf from Powell sealed the three points.

Braintree 2- 2 Crewe

An early goal from Pierre gave us the lead and we held of for most of the game. However some poor defending gave them a goal. Pierre marched up the other end and scored again, but some more poor defending gifted them another goal and we couldn't get back into it.

League Table

Well we're clear of relegation. The worst we can finish now is 18th.

Twelve points clear with 13 games to go, and I reckon we should be able to hold of the other title chasers. Barnet dropped points at home to Brentford as they lost 4 - 0 in their last game. They've also got to play all 7 of the top 7 before the season is out ( we play them penultimate game of the season). Shrewsbury might mount a challenge but I can't see them catching us.

If Barnet get every available point from their remaining 13 games, we only need to win 9 to make sure we have the title.

Other news

Danny Roberts won January's manager of the month

Injuries

Lopes 1 - 2 months

Willis 2 weeks - 1 month

Looking good for the title :thup:

What are the finances like? It might be about time to start pestering the board about improving the facilities to a decent level.

Yes, I have been keeping the finances hidden from you. But they're looking very good. I think when I took over the club, it was worth ~100k. It's now worth 709k. So I should probably ask them for some stuff.

What do you think would be best to ask for:

Stadium? ( Currently 4000 capacity, averaging 3690 attendance in the league)

Youth facilities ( Currently minimal)

Training ( currently adequate)

Pitch ( currently poor)

Yes, I have been keeping the finances hidden from you. But they're looking very good. I think when I took over the club, it was worth ~100k. It's now worth 709k. So I should probably ask them for some stuff.

What do you think would be best to ask for:

Stadium? ( Currently 4000 capacity, averaging 3690 attendance in the league)

Youth facilities ( Currently minimal)

Training ( currently adequate)

Pitch ( currently poor)

Is that the bank balance or the club value?

I'd ask for the youth and training facilities to be improved, it is unlikely that they would expand the stadium just yet, 4000 is quite reasonable for League 2. Not sure about the pitch, I had it relayed at the end of my season as the condition was awful, no idea how much it cost though.

Is that the bank balance or the club value?

I'd ask for the youth and training facilities to be improved, it is unlikely that they would expand the stadium just yet, 4000 is quite reasonable for League 2. Not sure about the pitch, I had it relayed at the end of my season as the condition was awful, no idea how much it cost though.

That's the Balance in the finance section and on the home screen

The approximate value of the club on the info screen is 820k.

I just asked for better training facilities, and the board unanimously decided this would be a good idea. I then pushed my luck and asked for youth facilities as well and they said they'd improve them as well.

March Update

Hartlepool 1 - 4 Braintree

Despite them briefly pulling level, 3 goals in 10 minutes showed them who was boss.

Accrington 1 - 2 Braintree

After Liddle gave away a penalty, it was always going to be hard work to come back, but thanks to a header from Crowe, and a sublime finish from Pierre we got the win.

Aldershot 2 - 0 Braintree

Disappointing to record only our third loss of the campaign, but they should have scored more, as they were all over us.

Braintree 2 - 1 Rushden

Hoping to get back to winning ways, we hosted Rushden at home. Things didn't look to be going our way when they scored in the first minute. It took us till after half time to get back level thanks to a slightly dubious penalty, then Crowe gave us all the points late on in the game.

Darlington 0 - 1 Braintree

All three points came, thankfully, to us after a lovely goal by Powell.

Braintree 2 - 2 Brentford

We should probably have done better against Brentford, but luckily our title rivals also drew.

Blackpool 2 - 2 Braintree

Our second 2 all draw on the trot, but this time against much worse opposition. Had Crowe not been away on international duty, and some better defending taken place we'd have won.

League Table

Thankfully, all our opponents have slipped up when we have leaving us 14 points clear with 6 games to play. I think I'm right in thinking we need 5 points from these 6 games to give us the title.

Injuries

Harrison 2 weeks - 4 weeks

James 3 weeks - 1 month

Lopes 3 weeks - 1 month

We left the Braintree story with 6 games to go, needing 5 points to win the title.

Our next games was against Grimsby and as you can see we did quite well.

That left the top two in the table looking like this.

1st Braintree 90pts

2nd Barnet 75 pts

We also had a big goal difference advantage, so it looked like the title was ours.

However our result against Grimsby also meant this. Club Legend Hunter thought this. Danny Watson though this. And the fans thought this.

So I was ready to go into our game against Brighton, needing only a point, when this happened. Whilst the game was processing I saw that this had happened.

Which meant that..... We won the league.

And the board thought very highly of Mr Roberts.

League Table. Obviously there are some more games to play, but I'll get those done this afternoon, before uploading the game.

Final Update- Part 1

With the league tied up, it's time to go through a few formalities.

Braintree 3 - 1 Brighton

An easy win.

Braintree 0 -0 MK Dons

I went in with a severely weakened team, and was happy with the results.

Cheltenham 1 - 0 Braintree

Fielding a the same team, we went down by a lucky solitary goal.

Braintree 2 - 0 Barnet

Going back to fielding a stronger team, we won easily.

Peterbourough 1 - 2 Braintree

Needing three points to get into three figures for the season, I fielded the same strong team and was rewarded with a win.

Final League Table

It's well worth noting that we didn't lose at home!

Players Stats

More to come shortly.

Final Update - part 2

League Player Stats

League Team Stats

High Finish

Roberts wins manager of the year

Players in team of the year

Our best team

GK: Lavery

DR: Fauvel

DC: Stapleton

DC: Liddle

DL: Burgin

MR:Hudec

MC:Pierre

MC:Harrison

ML:Watson

FC:Crowe

FC: Powell

My top 6

Lavery - Solid throughout, and kept us in so many games

Fauvel - Great at the back, solid going forwards

Pierre - Scored some vital goals at vital times

Harrison - Held the team together

Hudec - Provided so many goals

Powell - Scored so many goals

Tips for the next softie

1. Sort out the contracts for Powell,Crowe et all.

2. Pay some attention to the youth/training aspects, something I really ignored.

3. Make good use of your scouts

4. Bring in some good new players

4a: A new AM/CM to compete with Harrison, preferably with good free kicks !

4b: 1 or two new CB's

4c: A new left back

4d: Possibly a new keeper

5: Find a way to score from corners and free kicks!

6: Get rid of some of the dross in the squad.

7: Most importantly; have fun!

Save game to be uploaded soon.

I beleive it is me next for the softies but I won't be able to start till the 9th as I have 2 exams on the 8th and I'll be revising up till then

I think Salma is after me on the list, so if he reckons he can do the season in 5 days, I'd let him have it.

Oh and by the way Bermy, don't add me to the bottom of the list.

I think I can finish a season in 5 days but there are a lot of people above me

so if they don't show up before 6GMT today I'll start playing (that's after madrid's game today)

and don't expect any promotions this time:D

I'll try to do my best

bob great work:thup: hope I can copy it

downloading now....!

I think I can finish a season in 5 days but there are a lot of people above me

so if they don't show up before 6GMT today I'll start playing (that's after madrid's game today)

and don't expect any promotions this time:D

I'll try to do my best

bob great work:thup: hope I can copy it

downloading now....!

We've got quite a good squad IMO. The Ass Man had all of our players rated at 6 or 7 stars. And most of the players that I signed would have been Decent players for League 1 standard.

I've decided I can't wait:D so I started playing

I really like the look of the squad and my first decision is to replace the AM

I'm hoping to be pushing for a playoff spot if I can keep Powell and Crowe (they want 3k and I only can give 1) lets hope the new wage budget lets us keep them

Season Turnover Update:

In the begining of the month the board decided to upgrade the facilities.

before the turnover I managed to sign 3 players:

Steven McGowan ( great St should provide great backup)

Matthew Chalmers ( a much needed DC)

Simon Rosbotham (he is league1 quality and is on 70p/w:D but par-time only:( )

after the turnover

the fans decided that our french full back Justin Fauvel is the best player

Last season's best 11 were sensational

All time best 11 introduced 5 of last season's player's ( Justin Fauvel , Shane Burgin , Matt Case , Miroslave Hudec and Andy Stapleton)

Our League 1 Starting Fixtures and told the board I expect a mid-table finish ( good thing the wage budget tripled and the contract improvments took only 2k )

we got a new bunch of youth players! they are all Rubbish the best of which ( his coach report )

looks like back to back promotion got the crowd coming

oh here is the world cup knockout stage

I'm gonna try to finnish august before I go to sleep, got alot of thing to do at night and I'm +2 hours than you guys in england

our squad harmony is poor:(

how can I fix it ??!!:confused:

it's making most of the squad unhappy

Yeah, uh that might be my fault :D

Well not just my fault probably Benjaminoo's as well a little.

The main issue about it for me was the fact that Harrison,Crowe,Powell et all. wanted new contracts which I couldn't actually give to them.

The other slight problem is that some of the not so good players haven't been playing.

Yeah, uh that might be my fault :D

Well not just my fault probably Benjaminoo's as well a little.

The main issue about it for me was the fact that Harrison,Crowe,Powell et all. wanted new contracts which I couldn't actually give to them.

The other slight problem is that some of the not so good players haven't been playing.

oh so a bit of time a maybe I can get it back

lost half my staff without me knowing:mad: only 1 scout:(

oh so a bit of time a maybe I can get it back

lost half my staff without me knowing:mad: only 1 scout:(

Thats a bit annoying. Did I only sign them on one year contracts?

EDIT: Seemingly so. Hopefully you'll be able to find some good coaches + scouts easily. It wasn't very hard for me.

I signed Watson.

Up to you really, if you think the new player is going to be better than him, then sell him. I imagine a lot of the players I signed in my time are starting to get out of their depth, I've got no problems with any of the me being sold, apart from maybe Powell.

Watson played quite well for me, but wasn't exceptional. I don't know who signed him, but if you want to sell him you've got good backup.

Did you find some new scouts + coaches. I had a quick look and there are some good ones hanging around.

yea I got them but I was mad that they left wthout me knowing and they were all good

I signed Watson.

Up to you really, if you think the new player is going to be better than him, then sell him. I imagine a lot of the players I signed in my time are starting to get out of their depth, I've got no problems with any of the me being sold, apart from maybe Powell.

I wouldn't sell Powell anyway If I were you. He was "hot" for me last year.

I think apart from the Strikers, you could quite easily replace most of the squad and get a better team with the exception of one or two players.

Pre-Season Update:

Transfers:

it's been a busy pre season from me had a lot of transfers in's and out! I'm now happy with the squad depth I got. I think I should fulfill whats required from me.

the players I signed:

Will Ramsey ( a great DL which could play a lot of seasons with us)

Johnny McDowell ( a backup DL he could easily be first team)

Dave Zabek ( Lonee from Man U should give compition to harrison)

Alex Wright ( a greal ML should prove vital this season)

Warren Martin ( really liked him and couldn't miss on him he should be verstile backup for the team)

Craig Pollock ( more depth to the defence)

Lee Cliff ( a much needed GK)

also I sold watson :( and a lot of deadwood

Transfer History

Friendlies:

Braintree 2-3 Blackburn

Braintree 0-2 Leeds

Braintree 0-1 Betis

Braintree 0-0 Charlton

Aberystwyth 0-7 Braintree

Mansfield 0-3 Braintree

Canvey Island 0-2 Braintree

Braintree 1-1 Notts Co

as you can see our first game were against bigger teams and we preformed well and got a full house in the matches then we had some easy matches and got som wins

all in all it was good pre season

In other news we got Crystal Palace in the LC. also we announced a profit of 575K

I also managed to renew most of the contracts!

League odds

next month's important dates

after getting a feeder club shortlist i decided against it cause we will be paying them without getting anything. is there any rule for parnet clubs??

apart from our club - Argentina won the 2014 world cup and I think USA will host the next one

btw are the screenshot links ok?

also if anybody wants any screenshot just ask

Archived