Wallace v Roberts 2009

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully you'll like my other players then.

Shane Burgin - Brought in to rotate at left back.

Andy Stapleton - A quality DC in my opinion

Alfreton 0 - 3 Braintree

A solid performance

Banbury 0 - 3 Braintree

We looked in control the whole game and it showed

Braintree 0 -1 Lincoln

We were unlucky to lose this. It looked like it was heading for a draw until they scored but we couldn't quite get back into it.

Canvey Island 0 - 3 Braintree

Another good performance.

Braintree 1 - 0 Bolton reserves

Very happy with this performance, we weren't expected to win, yet we dominated.

August Update

Bury 1 - 1 Braintree

First real game of the season and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. They took the lead early on and looked like they would walk away with it. We pulled ourselves back together in the second half and a goal from Crowe earned us a point.

Northampton 0 - 0 Braintree League Cup

Against stronger opposition I went in with a defensive mindset. It was a fairly even match and as the end approached, I knew my chance would be in Penalties. However, it wasn't to be our day as both Powell missed his penalty in sudden death. I was very pleased with the performance though.

Kidderminster 1 - 1 Braintree

We looked on top in the first half and should probably have scored more than we did. Kidderminster scored early on in the second half, and despite attacking we couldn't come away with all the points.

Braintree 2 - 0 Hereford

This was our first home game since the win against Bolton reserves and I hoped with the home advantage we could chalk up a win. We attacked right from the start and Powell, starting for the first time, scored with our first chance. We continued to make chances and should really have been two or three up by the time Powell slotted in his second. We sat back a little more in the second half, but Hereford didn't have anything to throw at us. Powell would have got his hattrick if it weren't for some wasteful finishing.

Braintree 1 - 1 Shrewsbury

Our second home game on the bounce and I hoped we could repeat our performance against Hereford. Shewsbury came at us right from the start though, and it only looked like a matter of time till they scored. McKeown replaced Powell at halftime, partly because Powell had a niggle and partly because I wanted a new threat. Luckily the gamble paid of and he scored. We were starting to play better, but I chose not to go for all the points here as Shrewsbury were still coming at us hard. Later in the season I'll attack these sort of games, but at the moment I just want the points on the board.

League Table

A reasonable position considering I told the board we would avoid relegation. I was hoping of a mid-table place and if we keep the way we are we should achieve that.

One thing I want to comment on is our finishing. Our Strikers are finishing alright, but some of the players couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo. Hopefully this will improve though with better coaching.

Injuries

Powell - 3 weeks - month

Watson - 2 weeks - month

Next three games

Chesterfield H

Morecambe A

York H

Hopefully we can pick up 7-9 points from these games as Chesterfield and York are both below us, and Morecambe are above us by a single point.

That's a decent start. Shame to have a few draws rather than wins but an unbeaten start in the football league is brilliant.

I think the draws are partly down to me playing a conservative style in the last few minutes when we could have probably attacked. But at this stage I'd rather keep the points than go after them and lose them. And partly due to some wasteful finishing.

Jimbokav Jr was 12 yesterday so didn't get any playing done, (well not on my own pc anyway);).

The little buggar showed me his tactics on his Man City save and he really put me to shame with regards to MC individual tactics, so I am playing right now and looking to introduce some tactics designed by a 12 year old:D.

Blyth/Ten Ton December 2011.

Conference League Cup N 4th Round (H). Blyth 0 Kettering 1.

MOM. Ketterings DR.

Notable performances.

Despite 2 clear cut chances and 3 shots on target in total, we couldn't get a goal gainst a team currently sitting 2nd in Conference National. John Sayer (DR), and Bo (DC) got our best match ratings but it was Mason, (sub MC), that impressed me most. He made 9 succesful 2nd half tackles. Just a shame that we conceded so late (89th minute), and were unable to force extra-time and possibly penalties.

That was our 10th cup game of the season and are still not even at Christmas.

League (H). Blyth 1 Leigh Genesis 1.

Brett.

MOM. Brett won purley because he managed our only shot on target.

Notable performances.

Seb (MC), McIntosh (ML) and Bren (MR) all had good games but our defense was surprisingly poor and our attack ineffective as usual.

FA Trophy 1st Round (H). Blyth 2 Hemel Hempstead 0.

Winter (2).

MOM. Winter with a brace of goals to seal the win.

Notable performances.

Well it is quite hard to guage performances in such a one-sided win, (Hemel had no shots of any sort all game), but both Seb & Brett in the middle had fine games both going forward with the new tactics but also defending which I wa spleased about. Lord kept clean-sheet #13 for the season. Less pleasing is that Chris Walker (FC) has now gone 1172 minutes since his last goal.

Karl Nash (Youth) featured as a late sub in the last few minutes of the Hemel game and is pushing hard for further inclusion in the senior squad. Although he doesn't look great, the other SC's are underperforming and Nash has hit 11 goals in his last 11 games for the Reserves.

Chris Walker will obviously be dropped to the Reserves for a while now that a few boys are regaining fitness. 1172 minutes since his last goal is simply shocking.

So although both Cardoza and McGarry are both still injured, we do now at least have Nash, Winter, Morrison & Clements in in contention for starting spots.

League (A). Blyth 1 Workington 0.

Winter.

MOM. Winters last minute winning goal gives him the nod over some other fine performances.

Notable performances.

Lord kept clean sheet #14 for the season despite the more attacking instructions given to my midfielders. Seb, (the more attacking of the 2 coped well), but Brett beside him had a poor game and was withdrawn at half-time. His replacement, the versatile Mason, had an absolute stormer after being brought on, and both Bo, (DC) and Dawes, (DR and then DC in the 2nd half after a brave tripple substitution and re-shuffle at half-time), both had strong games.

Paul Wallace is being linked with the vacant managerial post at Rotherham Utd who are 23rd in League 2. Obviously I have denied any interest in the position.

My Ass Man has been constantly suggesting that we need another defender and after resisting temptation for so long I have finally buckled under pressure and signed Roberto Fuentes, a 22 year old Chilean International with 9 senior Caps. He was released by Liverpool without ever playing for them after loan spells at Scunthorpe, Darlington and Blackpool.

Fuentes is ranked 2nd in the squad by my Ass Man on PA and 1st on CA

Incidentally, he has Italian as a 2nd Nationality which means there is no need for one of those pesky work permits. In any case, he already has the required residency period, but seems no benefit in applying for residency.

He is likely to be my last signing although I will keep scouting and highlighting players for the future.

In order to create the available wage funds for the new incoming players, the following players have no future and will be placed on the transfer/loan list.

Tony Hooks 23 year old D R/L.

Jon Sayer 24 year old DRC.

The Stig (Youth) 17 year old DMC. (Sorry but he is complete pish).

Iain Porter (Youth) 21 year old utility player.

Jason Carter (Youth) 18 year old AMR.

Joe Woodley (Youth) 18 year old MC.

Michael Ward (Youth) 17 year old SC.

Cardoza 29 year old slothlike SC.

League (H). Blyth 1 Gateshead 1.

Winter.

MOM. Mason (MC). Given a start after his impressive performance from the bench in the last match, the defensive minded MC revelled in the more attacking roles given to my 2 MC's.

Notable performances.

We conceded from a missed 1st minute missed interception by debut boy Fuentes. It was a good move and a good goal and Fuentes, (desperately short of match fitness), had an excellent game after that, before he was withdrawn at half time. Canvey (Youth) had an excellent game at DL where he again rotated in for skipper Pepper.

Jon Sayer (DR), set a new club record for league appearances as he made his 121st for the club. The previous holder (Pepper), was only passed as he is being rotated with Canvey and as Jon Sayer does not eature in my future plans and has been put on the transfer list, I fully expect Pepper to regain the record before too long.

League Table at end of December.

December Summary. 10th in Conference North, (2 games in hand on most clubs).

Due to a constantly waterlogged pitch, we didn't play a single weekend game during December. 3 Tuesday games and 2 Monday games together with the Christmas & New Year programme disrupted our routine but despite that our one and only loss was a tight affair in the Cup against a team currently near the top of the league above us.

Our squad has been significantly strengthened to such an extent that I can see us coping with just about anything other than a coach crash.

My usual strength at the back seems set to continue and under Jimbokav Jnr's direction, we, (and in particular the aptly named Winter), seem set to solve our goal-scoring problems. With McGarry nearing a return to fitness the business end of the season is looking promising.

September Update - The month the might have been

Braintree 2 - 1 Chesterfield

A solid performance up until half time. Then we laid back and had to defend hard after they scored to make sure we won.

Morecambe 1 - 0 Braintree

Very disappointed to lose our first game of the season. As the match stats show, they were all over us and we were lucky to come away only one down.

Braintree 1 - 1 York

I hoped to get back to winning ways against a York side just above the drop zone. We played well in the first half, but when they scored it was too late. We attacked with all our might but couldn't win the game

Braintree 3 - 2 Stockport

Oh. My. God! Deciding a change of tactics was needed, we went into the game in a sligtly new 4-4-2. Key to the side though were the reintroductions of Powell and Watson. Some lovely crosses put us two up going into the break. Their manager had obviously said something at half time, as they came out with fire in their bellies. After they scored their first, I went for a defensive approach, bringing on Lopes for Powell. Then they scored their second with only two minuted of normal time remaining. There was only one thing for it. On came Mckeown for Lopes and we went all out attack. A cross from Hudec missed everyone until Watson reached it on the other flank. He sent in a near perfect cross for Crowe to head in his 50th Braintree goal and give us the win.

League table

We've improved from 10th to 6th and now sit inside the play off places. However if we'd managed to beat York and draw with Morecambe, we'd be second on GD.

Other news

Lavery won young player of the month for August.

I tried telling Crowe that I would sort out the wage structure at the end of the season, but he, and the others, are still unhappy.

In order to create the available wage funds for the new incoming players, the following players have no future and will be placed on the transfer/loan list.

The Stig (Youth) 17 year old DMC. (Sorry but he is complete pish).

He was the best of my bunch so i'd agree with offloading him. No problems with it.

KIU, Jimbo. I don't have any disagreements with those you have transfer listed. Of course it is "sad" to see Jon Sayer there as he has done well but it is true that he has been punching above his weight a bit.

I had a few games postponed due to the waterlogged pitch: at first I liked the new feature but it bunched so many of our games up together. :)

Just something i've noticed from my games, and hoping some more of the softies can help me here.

What the hell is Lavery doing when he picks the ball up, and then dribbles it out of the box?

Is that what he is doing? It really frustrates me.

Ummm yeah In my AD Fafe game all my goalies have done it, and they seem to do it a lot. Catch the ball then drop it and dribble it up out of the box then kick it down field.

Had twice for the opposition a player charge it down and into the net. Luckily both those were goals for me.

KIU, Jimbo. I don't have any disagreements with those you have transfer listed. Of course it is "sad" to see Jon Sayer there as he has done well but it is true that he has been punching above his weight a bit.

I had a few games postponed due to the waterlogged pitch: at first I liked the new feature but it bunched so many of our games up together. :)

Well although you might be sad to see him go, it does mean that Canvey, (vice-captain), becomes a regular first choice starter at left back, with Pepper (captain) moving across to right back.

I like my players to be versatile and most will be retrained to cover another position to make options from the bench easier.

October Update

Exeter 0 - 1 Braintree

A lovely goal from Pierre gave us the win, taking us up to 3rd in the table

Braintree 1 -3 Gillingham JPT

Playing against League 1 opposition, we went a goal down early on and a comeback never seemed likely.

Crewe 0 - 1 Braintree

Looked like it was heading for a draw right the way through. I went all out attack in the last 20 minutes and was rewarded with a penalty for my efforts.

Braintree 2 - 2 Hartlepool

We looked good in the first half, conceded quite early on in the second, and it looked like it was heading for a draw. Cue Liddle to commit a foul outside the box on the left hand side. Ref gave a penalty and it looked like the points were going their way. Cue Danny Watson to put in another lovely cross from the left hand side. In comes Ferguson to head it in at the far post.

Accrington 2 - 1 Braintree

After an early goal I chose to attack for the rest of the game. A penalty box scrap gifted Harrison a goal, but for the second time in two games running we conceded late. However this time we couldn't score again.

Braintree 1 - 1 Aldershot

Deciding that the midfield lacked a bit of bite in attack I brought in Matt Case in on a 3 month loan, paying no wages for him. He opened the scoring for us, before Aldershot, just one place behind us in the table, quickly pulled level. Powell came on in the second half and failed to score from two 1-on-1 chances. Liddle then did a replay of his foul two games previously and the Ref gave them a penalty. Luckily justice was served as Lavery saved it.

Rushden 0 -1 Braintree

I knew we needed a win against struggling Rushden and was delighted when Hudec scored in an otherwise scrappy game.

League table

We've kept our place in the table, but we could and should be higher.

One thing I'm worried about is the lack of goals we're scoring from our chances. I really think we should be scoring more. With Crowe out for a month, I'm tempted to bring in this guy on a short term loan move to see if he can reverse our fourtunes.

Injuries

Sean Bolger 2 weeks - 4 weeks

Richard Crowe 3 weeks - 1 month

Thierry Pierre 2 days - 2 weeks

Other news

We've drawn Grimsby (L2) in the Fa Cup first round

Danny Roberts was speculated with the job at Leicster, but said he had no interest.

One thing I'm worried about is the lack of goals we're scoring from our chances. I really think we should be scoring more. With Crowe out for a month, I'm tempted to bring in this guy on a short term loan move to see if he can reverse our fourtunes.

He looks good, his mental and technical attributes should be enough to compensate for his poor physical attributes, particularly at this level.

Have you tried giving McKeown a run of games? He had a great strike rate for me and forced Crowe out of the side in the second half of my season.

He looks good, his mental and technical attributes should be enough to compensate for his poor physical attributes, particularly at this level.

Have you tried giving McKeown a run of games? He had a great strike rate for me and forced Crowe out of the side in the second half of my season.

He normally starts with Crowe, and he seems to miss quite a lot of chances for me. I'll try and describe it, but it might not make any sense.

Normally the ball gets knocked on from Crowe. McKeown then gets the ball and runs towards the goal. Two or three defenders close in on him just before he reaches the box. The keeper comes out. Just before he enters the box, he shoots and most of the time the ball hits the keeper. Or it goes wide.

I'll have a go at getting the guy on loan for a month or two. Do you reckon it might help if i tried to give McKeown the "likes to chip keeper" PPM?

November Update

Braintree 2 - 1 Darlington

Despite a stunning opening goal for them, two goals for us meant we won this encounter.

Grimsby 1 - 2 Braintree FA cup 1st round

For the second game running we went behind first but composed finishes by Case and Powell gave us the win

Braintree 2 - 0 Blackpool

The two scorers in the previous game united again to give us an easy win.

Brentford 1 - 1 Braintree

Lidlle gave away a penalty early on. We got back in the game in the second half, but when Liddle got sent off for his second yellow card we couldn't score another.

Brighton 1 - 2 Braintree

We looked in control for all of the first half, and despite conceding early on we held on for the win.

Braintree 3 - 3 Colchester FA Cup 2nd Round

The first half started off brilliantly and we ended the half up by a goal. We then scored the next and I was confident we would win. When they scored again I went for a defensive approach, but Craddock scored the most outrageous goal I've seen on FM09 blasting it into the top corner form 40 yards.

League Table

UP two places to fourth with a serious prospect of mounting a challenge on the top 3. We've lost the least amount of games in the league, but have drawn too many. Some big games against some of the other promotion hopefuls will hopefully see us advance further.

Injuries

Hudec 1 week - 3 weeks

Powell 2 weeks - 4 weeks

Other news

This month Danny Roberts has been head hunted by Walsall, but he denied any interest in the Job.

He came 3rd in Manager of the Month

We've drawn Kidderminster if we beat Colchester at their place.

Playing Colchester we had our biggest gate recipts of 60k.

The striker I found didn't want to come, I should try searching with the unrealistic filter on.

Blyth/Ten Ton February 2012.

League (H). Blyth 1 Farsley 0.

Winter.

MOM. Stokes (DC).

Notable performances.

Both Pepper and Canvey played well at full back, (I have retrained Pepper to play on the left to allow me to play both of them). My vote for MOM would have gone to Ferguson (MC) though. 4 key passes, 4/4 tackle and 3 shots (all on target), was just what I was looking for. Lork kept clean sheet #15 for the season, and Winter scored for the 4th game in succession, (the first time that has happened under my management). Delighted with a win only 2 days after our last game.

League (A). Blyth 0 Redditch 1.

MOM. Redditch DC.

Notable performances.

Weakened by suspensions, injuries and plain old fatigue, Ellis and Mason were excellent in the middle, Bo & Dawes formidable at the heart of the defence. It was in our attacking positions that we were lacking though and our wide players especially underperformed, possibly as a result of too many games in too few days.

League (A). Blyth 1 Fleetwood 0.

Morrison.

MOM. Bo grabs his 5th MOM award of an impressive debut season.

Notable performances.

Lord kept clean sheet #16 for the season and Yaser impressed on the left flank from the bench with 2 shots on target. Mason was again impressive in midfield but Ellis less so. Morrison scored his 1st goal in 458 minutes.

FA Trophy 2nd Round (A). Blyth 0 Dag & Red 2.

Bo sent off (90+5).

MOM. Dag & Red SC with a goal and an assist.

Notable performances.

None from our team really. The Dag & Red GK was none other that our on loan GK from last season Tom Watson and we didn't force him into making a save all game. Strangely my TM tactic just didn't seem to function at all and TM Winter only competed for 2 headers all game. Now I don't mind him not winning them, but he should at least be competing for them. Very strange. I regret picking such a strong side now as they simply didn't perform anyway and now we will miss Bo who was dismissed for a 2nd yellow deep into injury time.

League (A). Blyth 1 Team Bath 3.

Clements.

Pepper sent off 45+2.

MOM. Team Bath DR.

Notable performances.

Well with skipper Pepper (DR) getting sent off in injury time at the end of the first half we were always going to be up against it even though the scores were still level. As we were already weakened by suspensions to Bo (DC), Dawes (DRC), Canvey (DL) and injury to Fuentes (DC), we were already struggling at the back. Team Bath worked the ball well in the 2nd half though and that they only scored 3 goals, (1 of them a pen), from 5 clear cut opportunities was down to an excellent performance by Lord (GK).

League (H). Blyth 3 Vauxhall 0.

McGarry (2)

Stokes.

MOM. McGarry was the obvious winner with a brace of goals on his first game for the since getting injured shortly after his arrival.

Notable performances.

Lord kept clean sheet #17 for the season, Jake was excellent on the right flank and Stokes (DC) had an absolute stormer off the bench and topped it with a screamer of a goal from a short free-kick.

See what happens when I get my Winter and McGarry on the pitch at the same time:D!

Possibly inspired by the goal-scoring exploits of the senior team, the Reserves went goal-crazy and slammed 6 (six) past a hapless Newport Co. Chris Walker grabbed a brace to make it 6 in 6 games for the Reserves. Why oh why oh why can't he score for the seniors. He has now gone 1301 minutes without a senior goal.

League (A). Blyth 1 Burscough 0.

McIntosh (ML).

MOM. McIntosh. The goal was the icing on the cake. He would have got my vote even without the goal.

Notable performances.

Lord kept clean sheet #18 for the season, but to be honest he was vey well protected by a back 4 of Pepper (DR), Canvey (DL), Bo (DC) and Dawes (DC). McGarry was again impressive up front even though he didn't score.

League (A). Blyth 0 Southport 1.

MOM. Southport MR.

Notable performances.

Clements on the right flank was in inspired form and it was probably his best performance for me in midfield. McGarry was impressive but didn't get the goal that he and we deserved despite 2 glorious opportunities.

We were 6th before that game but have dropped down to 9th as the result of nil points.

Although Lord is playing well and has kept 19 clean sheets in 36 peformances, young Irish GK Bradley is unhappy that he has not forced his way into the senior team. I think that next season thay should battle it out a little more with Bradley playing all Cup games as a minimum, but with Lord keeping a clean sheet on average every 2nd game I don't want to upset the applecart by dropping him. The fact that he is senior in terms of age and experience is also not to be ignored as the average age of our squad is only 22.

League (H). Blyth 1 Telford 0.

McGarry.

MOM. Mason was a dominant force in the middle of the pitch before moving to DL after half-time.

Notable performances.

Lork kept clean sheet #19 but to be honest he had little to do. Fuentes continued his rehabilitation from injury with an assured first 45 mins before being withdrawn, but our strength was really in midfield where Bren had a corker on the right flank and Seb was excellent in the middle beside Mason. Up front McGarry grabbed the valuble goal but that we converted only 1 of 6 clear cut chances in concerning.

League Table at end of January.

December Summary. 9th in Conference North, (but only 2 points away from a playoff spot).

We have always looked good at the back but with the addition of the new GK Bradley and superstar DC Fuentes, and with skipper Pepper now retrained to play at DR rather than DL we have considerable strength in depth. Things are not so good on the flanks but we are at least able to rotate a total of 4 wide players when they are all fit. In the middle things have become tugher recently as the new tactics demand more from them and it is taking them time to adapt. Up front I have put all my faith in McGarry and Winter. Winter at first seemed to do well but he is struggling with a bit of a goal drought at the moment and has now gone 669 minutes without a goal. I can't really complain though as he is still out top scorer with 8 goals from 19(1) appearances. McGarry is catching him up though and now has 3 goals in 6(1) appearances. If I can just keep one of these 2 fit through the rest of the season then I am hopeful of a playoff finish.

Finances are looking a little healthier now too with the extra income from our 12 Cup games and we are £785 in credit. Woo Hoo:D!

We can't seem to strike up any good form. They do say "Blyth is a rollercoaster" :D. However, it seems like we are making small jumps each month.

How much is Karl Nash playing? From what I saw of him, I think he's good enough to be playing a bit more often.

KIU, Jimbo :thup:.

We can't seem to strike up any good form. They do say "Blyth is a rollercoaster" :D. However, it seems like we are making small jumps each month.

How much is Karl Nash playing? From what I saw of him, I think he's good enough to be playing a bit more often.

KIU, Jimbo :thup:.

He's nowhere near good enough in my opinion.

He has featured occasionally from the bench in the hope that his pace will make an impact but he is simply shocking in front of goal.

His finishing is elow 5 and I'm pretty sure that his composure isn't geat either:(.

Happy New Year everyone.

[Edit].

Just had a little look at Karl Nash actually.

Senior appearances 2(10).

Senior goals 0.

Senior assists 1.

Non competitive appearances 11(5).

Non competitive goals 10.

Non competitive assists 2.

He just seems unable to reproduce his Reserve form form for the Seniors and I have given him 344 minutes of game-time, (with little reward).

As I mentioned initially, the reason for this is possibly due t some of his poor attributes.

Finishing 3.

Composure 6.

Anticipation 1.

Heading 3.

Off the Ball 6.

Penalty taking 5.

Long shots 1.

To be honest he would not have even got the chances I have given him were I not a sucker for history and stick by my players.

How he ever scored 41 senior goals for previous managers I have no idea.

I'm gob-smacked that he has scored that many and in fact he is also the clubs record league goal-scorer with 31:eek:.

If I had any Cup games left I might be tempted to play him in them but I am pretty sure that we have played our last Cup game so it will take a spate of injuries or an outbreak of beubonic plague to get him in the starting line-up again.

Sorry.

His decent physical attributes and young age do at least mean that I won't be off-loading him so maybe next seasons manager might like the look of him.

December Update

Braintree 1 - 1 Grimsby

The only goal of the game came from Matt Case ( who I must get round to nicknaming Justin). From then on we never looked like losing.

Colchester 3 - 3 Braintree FA Cup 2nd round Replay

Before the game, I said to myself " I'll be content if I lose this having scored". They opened the scoring but we pulled on back just after half time through a splendid long shot from Case. Burgin then gave away a penalty and when they scored I though it was probably all over. It looked that way till McKeown broke away in the last minute of extra time to place the ball past the keeper taking the game to extra time. I thought I'd try and hold on for penalties, but McKeown thought otherwise scoring again to put us a goal up. It looked like we'd win without having to go through the lottery of the penalty shootout, but Gary Cooke managed to poke home a goal in the last minute of extra time taking the game to penalties. Luckily, Lavery was composed and saved two penalties taking us through to the 3rd round.

MK Dons 0 - 2 Braintree

We returned from our cup exploits to take on 5th placed Dons. Two early goals from Harrison and Crowe gave us an easy win.

Braintree 3 - 1 Cheltenham

A hattrick from McKeown gave us a comfortable win.

Barnet 2 -3 Braintree

With us in 2nd place, we took on 3rd placed Barnet. They opened the scoring and despite pulling on back after half time, they scored quickly afterwards. Deciding that the only way forwards was to attack Crowe scraped a goal back, and I was content to be heading for a draw. Then in the last few minutes the ball fell to Harris on the edge of the box, who hit a placed shot home to give us the win.

Braintree 2 - 0 Peterborough

Two goals from our strikers in quick succession gave us the win.

League Table

We'll were top! 1 point clear at the top, and 8 points away from 4th place. Hopefully If we keep our form up we can start to pull away a little.

Injuries

Chris Willis 6 days - 2 weeks

Danny Watson 3 weeks - 2 months

Gareth James 2 weeks - 1 month

Other news

Danny Roberts has stated he has no interest in the vacancy at Leyton Orient.

McKeown came 3rd in player of the month

Crowe won young player of the month with Harrison coming sceond

McKeown came 1st and 3rd in goal of the month

Danny Roberts came 2nd in Manager of the Month, but should really have come first :D

January plans

I'm quite happy with the team as it is. The only things I might consider are a temporary loan for the left wing while Watson is out, and I also want to try and renew Case's loan.

January Update

Braintree 2 - 0 Kidderminster

Two composed finishes from Powell gave us an easy win

Braintree 1 - 0 Kiderminster FA Cup 3rd round

It looked like it was heading for a draw, despite lots of pressure from us, but Fauvel scored an absolute screamer at the death

Braintree 2 - 1 Bury

An early goal from Crowe gave us the lead. We tried to wing it just with the one goal, and nearly came a cropper when we conceded a penalty. However they did eventually score causing me to get rater angry. Luckily Gibbons scored a scorching volley to give us the win.

Hereford 0 - 4 Braintree

An exquisite hattrick from left winger Miller gave us an easy victory over lowly Hereford.

Shrewsbury 1 - 3 Braintree

This was always going to be an important game, away to 2nd placed Shrewsbury. Hudec opened the scoring with a header at the far post early on, my first goal resulting from a free-kick so far this season! Case then followed up in his farewell game ( I couldn't renew his loan) with a peach of a goal from the edge of the box. David Miller than slotted home a penalty ( only my second!) to put us up three to the good. Buttery then slighted buttered Shrewsbury's toast ( see what I did there) by scoring a consolation as the match came to an end.

Braintree 0 - 2 Portsmouth FA Cup 4th round.

We were never going to beat Portsmouth and it showed. I went in with a defensive approach, hoping for a replay at their place. However their early goal put an end to that strategy. I then went on the offensive, and despite conceding a second goal, I thought we played very well.

Chesterfield 1 - 1 Braintree

We scored early on, and i thought we'd either score another, or hold it. However they were all over us as the stats show, and despite conceding a goal Lavery had a great performance as MOM.

League Table

As you can see we still sit top, and have pulled away from the pack a little. If we'd beaten Chesterfield, things would be very rosy indeed. By my crude calculations I need to win 9-ish games to be assured of automatic promotion. However I'd much rather win the title.

Somehow I can still finish last as well!

Other News

Tom Allan was brought in to replace Case

Liddle has decided to join Sligo Rovers. I thought I'd offered all the players we should definitely keep contracts, but Liddle seems to have slipped the net. I saw Sligo had offered him a contract, offered one of my own, but he wanted to go there. It's unfortunate but it's happened.

The other two players who I haven't been able to renew contracts with are Tyrone Lunt and Jason Gibbons. They both don't want to renew their contract, and it's been like that since the start of the season :(

Injuries

None

Archived