Overview + Match Stats

Boston United 1-3 Braintree

09.10.2012 - Confrence League Cup North 2nd Round

Overview + Match Stats

Farsley 2-3 Braintree

13.10.2012 - BSP

Overview + Match Stats

Snatched it at the end \o/

That's all for now, I'll do some more abit later.

Right just updated the list, but realised that blowcrapup asked to be moved down, meaning I was next. Well, I can't start for a few days at least - will prob pick the game up on Christmas Eve but I might also do well to figure the game out a bit before I have a crack at this.

So I therefore reckon that Jimbokav or rlips could have a go next.

Oh and to everyone - if you remember we had a discussion about maybe trying to up the pace during holiday season as there was high demand to have a go around now - I'm not neccessarily talking dafuge-like speeds, but if we can try and keep it zipping along that would be good.

Also - ssestig - good recovery towards the end, well done for sticking with it and turning things around.

dafuge - do you have to do that every time? Seriously though, fantastic season, well done.

just had a look at how long dafuge actually took to do his Softies season, he took approximately: 15 hours and 40 minutes (between 'initially downloading' and 'posting the link to the save game' :thup:

And that was after saying I was going to take my time and do a few months a day :(

I haven't even looked at the squad this year but if I play to my strengths it will be consolidation in the leage together with signing some superstars who will fire us to a couple of consecutive promotions and earn us a heap of money.

My FM09 record so far reads 2 relegations, 2 sackings, 1 loss in the playoffs, a World Cup Qtr Final, (with Nigeria), and 2 mid table finishes.

Not exactly a World beater am I.

Just thinking, by this stage last time we had hardly any players on full time contracts (which I think makes a BIG difference) and a whole load of dead weight in the squad. Might be worth considering both if you haven't already.

That was my tactic down to a tee. I released a huge number of players, just keeping a small first team squad who were all on full time contracts and on specific training schedules.

Ten Ton/Blyth Squad.

GK's

Stefan Jones. 33 year old who only played 2 league games last season but did ok the year before. If he starts this season the only thing we can hope for is to avoid relegation. He's pish and he is our only GK.

DL's

Graeme Pepper *Youth*. 19 year old whose fitness, positioning, tackling and passing are all lacking before we even get to any of the more advanced full-back attributes. He's young but still pish.

James Canvey *Youth*. 18 year old who I quite like the look of if I'm honest. Physical attributes look decent, (apart from blanace so I wonder if I will soon change his nickname Emile), mental attributes are nothing short of excellent for one so young, and he can tackle too.

DR's

Tony Hooks. 22 year old versatile player wgo performed well ast season even though he is lacking in physicality. His ability to play FB on both sides as well as fill in across midfield and even up front at a push mean that he might be a useful squad player but he he starts many games the we should be sacking the scouts.

Jon Sayer. 23 year old who is on the transfer list, but is the first player who has the physical ability to play for me. He's not great with the ball but as far as defending goes he might do a job at a push. He is likely to be taken off the list unless a replacement comes knocking on my door. The fact that he can play DC is also to his advantage.

Kim Hatton *Youth*. 16 year old who has both the physical and mental attributes to do well but his idea of a measured pass is HOOOOOOOOOF.

DC's

Stephen Stokes *Youth*. The 19 year old is the best player I have seen so far and while I like the look of him he has major shortcomings as a centre-half. His jumping attribute of 7 is considerabl below what I would consider adequate at this level and it may require him being retrained as either a DM or a DR as appropriate. He averaged over 7 last season so is obviously capable of doining well. Just not sure that he fits what I/we will need in the long term.

Iain Porter. 21 year old utility defender who was swapped between DR and DC last season but wa a regular starter. Again he looks a little lightweight for DC and his physical ability tell me that he has no future in my team, but if that's what we have then that's what we have.

Karl Ingram. 19 year old big useless oaf of a centre-half. Just what I was looking for. He will be my #1 DC:thup:.

Various defenders who are pish.

The Stig *Youth*.

Gary Downes, (can also play DM though).

Bradley Moore.

So that's the GK and DEF looked at and I have only 1 average player. The guys in front of me have done well to stay up with this shower of idiots.

ML's

Yaser Knight. 19 year old. He's too slow for a winger but by the look of his appearances he was the main starter last season. He would be ok if it wasn't for his lack of pace but I can't disregard him at this stage.

McIntosh. 19 year old ML looks like he has everything I need in a winger and he will be my starter.

Pete Clifton. 25 year old who looks decent if unspectacular. Sure he could do a job if asked though.

Colin Hancock. 25 year old. Pish.

MR's

Clements. 21 year old versatile player who is rated a leading player for any tea at our level already. First real bit of quality that I have seen in the squad.

Cory King. Average 20 year old who can play on both flanks which makes adds to his worth.

Dominic Burke. 17 year old. Pish.

Jason Carter *Youth*. 18 year old. Pish.

MC's.

Kevin Ellis. 23 year old Welsh AMC who is capped at U21 level. Started 40 games last season. He's decent all over but lacking in physicality wjich I like in the middle of the pitch. Wil make a good AMC but not a MC.

Brett Perkins. 24 year old MC who I like the look of. He will be playing in my team.

Callum Brown. 30 year old who can also play on the left flank at a push. He's decent and I won't have a problem playing him.

Joe Woodley *Youth*. 17 year old who looks like he has decent potential but not really up to the job at the mo. Might feature from the bench or in cup games though if I think we can afford to throw them.

Sam Brunskill. 27 year old waste of space. I don't mid having pish youngsters in the team, (especially if they are decdent physically), because they might get better over time. Carp older blokes need to be shown the door though. Bye!

Stephen Porter. 20 year old utility midfielder who did ok for the Reserves last season but is not good enough to make the step up.

SC's

Colin Cardoza. 28 year old who looks excellent, EXCEPT for his ohysical stats. Acceleration, agility and pace all 3 and stamina and balance also under 10. Normally I would disregard such a player with such poor physical stats but I think he has such good technical ability as to be played in home games, (possibly as a sub).

Nick Baird. 26 year old who looks adequate, (I guess). Some poor physical stats and composure of 4 concerns me though.

Karl Nash *Youth*. 19 years old. A great physical specimen , (which by know you might have guessed I love), but to be honest I was expecting a little more.

Chris Walker. 29 year old FC. Now I don't usually like FC's but I like this guy. He is certainly in my plans.

Michael Ward. 17 year old. Pish.

Andrew Knight *Youth*. Decent physical stats but that's about it.

Matthew Abbott. 20 year old. Decent if unspectacular.

Phil Russell. 28 year old TM. Pish.

There are a few little glimpses of quality in the squad but we seem shoty of pace and power up front and short of strength in the middle. It's gonna be a long hard slog of a pre-season I think.

Bishop's Stortford 1-0 Braintree

27.10.2012 - FA Cup 4th Round Qual.

Overview + Match Stats

Late goal :mad:

Team Bath 2-3 Braintree

03.11.2012 - BSP

Overview + Match Stats

They almost pulled off a comeback but we held on for the win.

Worcester 1-2 Braintree

06.11.2012 - Confrence League Cup North Round 3

Overview + Match Stats

Both Powell and Crowe got injured here - Powell for a month and Crowe for two weeks.

Braintree 2-0 Wycombe

17.11.2012 - BSP

Overview + Match Stats

Two screamers from Pierre secure the win against our promotion rivals.

nice review of the squad Jimbokav1971 :thup: and by the looks of it you'll be signing alot of players:D

a couple of wins in the BSP puts us on step closer to promotion:thup:

bad luck in the FA cup though could've been nice to qualify to get some cash

benj could you posr a screenshot of the league table if possible

Blyth/Ten Ton. Close season June 2011.

So after the poor news with regards to the quality of the squad, I am simply overjoyed when I see the quality of the backroom staff.

We have an average Ass Man.

1 excellent coach.

A decent physio and fitness coach.

But most importantly to me we have 2 excellent scouts, (who I will be attempting to sign onto long term contracts so that if they get poached we get a nice big brucey bonus).

So with the good news about the backroom staff comes more good news. Many of the squad are still on part time contracts, (I can't believe that the people still don't realise the importance of signing players on full-time contracts even when the club is semi-pro), so getting senior players onto full-time contracts should see at the very least an increased level of physical ability. Anyone who I think will play any sort of serious role at the club will be offered a full-time contract, as will any youngsters that I think have even average ability in the long run.

Ferguson has become my first major signing.

Our Ass Man thinks that he is the best player in the squad rated by CA. His best position is MR, but as we already have that covered by Clements, Fergusons versatility could see him feature at anywhere down our right flank or anywhere across our middle. All 3 of his senior N.Ireland Caps were awarded last season while he stagnated in Birminghams Reserves.

Henry has also joined us.

He's a bit raw, and well, to be honest it's a bit of a lottery where the ball goes when he heads it, but the way I see it at least he will win the header in the first place.

We were in desperate need of a GK and Lord will fill the void in the short term.

Our Ass Man rates him at a level similar to last years loanee GK Tom Watson so that should do nicely. He has 6 England U21 caps and spent last season on loan at League 2 Dag & Red.

The poor quality of our squad last season meant that others were impressed with us avoiding relegation last season, and as a result Paul Wallace came 3rd in the Manager of the Season awards.

Strangely I have just read a message that "Margate's Tim Ewing (GK) has agreed terms with Bradford PA. I didn't make a bid of any sort for this player and didn't get an option to confirm the deal either. Not sure if this is a bug or Chairman interaction but whatever it was I didn't want him, didn't have a choice, and there was nothing to suggest that the chairman was involved. There is also nothing on the transfer screen to indicate thathe is joining:mad:.

Wait a minute. We're Blyth, not Bradford PA. Silly me:o.

We have received £8k as the chairman signs a new kit sponsorship deal. It is much needed as we made a loss of £106,634 last season.

Our very own Yaser Knight was rated as the worst signing of the season. I can't believe that we spent anything on players at this level never mind about £9,000 on one player:thdn:.

Graeme Pepper YOUTH was voted player lof the season by the supporters. He wasn't brilliant by any stretch of the imagination but averaged over 7.00 so that's not too bad.

His history screen shows that he was no one season wonder and he will obviously become more important plans now that I have seen this. He has been nicknamed Pepper as I think his performances over his first 3 seasons warrant a bit of an "accolade".

Last seasons Best Eleven.

Miguel *2011* was the best player to be promoted from the acadamy. The Ass Man gives him 6 stars for potential and his physical stats are already significantly better than most of our senor team, (even at the tender age of 15).

I have been tasked with achieving a safe mid-table finish and I think that is realistic, (possibly with a bit of theft of of the existing 442 tactic). There is only 1 tactic saved at the moment. Has everyone used the same tactic throughout the whole save s far? If not, where are the other tactics? Have we been using the same tactic home and away:confused:?

The Ass Man reports show that with the arrival of Lord, (GK), and Ferguson and Jake (both MR), our CA has beein improved significantly and with the likes of Stokes, Miguel, Canvey and Pepper, the future also looks bright.

I am pretty surprised that the guys before me did as well as they did with such a poor squad and I am confidant that not only will I be able to achieve my pre-season expectations of a mid-table finish, but also that I will leave the club in a significantly stronger position in terms of quality of squad when I leave. Anything else will be a bonus.

Forest Green 1-2 Braintree

27.11.2012 - BSP

Overview + Match Stats

A win against the top side away from home, very important win.

Roberts Named Manager of The Month

Braintree 5-0 Salisbury

01.12.2012 - BSP

Overview + Match Stats

That's the Powell we all know and love. ;)

Braintree 0-0 Kettering

Braintree win 5-4 on penalties

04.12.2012 - Conference League Cup North 4th Round

Overview + Match Stats

Stevenage 0-4 Braintree

08.12.2012 - BSP

Overview + Match Stats

So that's 50 goals scored and we're at the halfway stage of the season - who says we can't get 100? :cool:

That's it for a bit. I leave you with the League Table.

Blyth/Ten Ton Pre-season.

Blyth 4 Blyth U18's 0.

Kevin Black (2), Trialist.

Karl Nash *Youth*

Brett (pen)

MOM. Kevin Black. The trialist can play on the right flank, (but is better up front where he played today). He was released from Hull but will not be offered a permanent contract.

Blyth 4 Blyth Reserves 2.

Cardoza

Jason Carter *Youth* (OG)

Karl Nash *Youth*

Yaser Knight.

MOM. Andrew Knight *Youth* who played for the Reserves and stole the sjhow as he bagged a brace of goals to upstage the seniors.

Notable performances.

Karl Ingram played REALLY well at DC for the Reserves.

Lord, (GK), Bo, (Trialist Danish DC), and Henry, (DC) excelled for the seniors.

Blyth losses anounced.

I have never seen that before and although it doesn't make for great reading it's a nice feature.

After impressing against the Reserves, Bo has joined the club to become out first non UK player.

I failed in my attempt to sign Tom Watson, (the online GK from last season). He chose to join Conference North side Dag & Red instead.

Dawes has been signed as a long term prospect at DC. Although he is best suited to DR at the moment, (and MR at a push), it is his strengths as a DC that I have brought him in for and I will be re-training him to that end.

Prescot 1 Blyth 5.

Bo

Chris Walker (2)

Stokes *Youth*

Clayton Mason, (newly signed DM).

MOM. Chris Walker (FC) grabbed a brace of goals.

Notable performances.

Both Bo and Stokes grabbed a goal apiece from DC and were pretty impressive throughout.

Blyth 3 Blyth Reserves 0.

Cardoza

Karl Ingram (OG)

Kevin Ellis.

MOM. Clements, (who played up dront on this occasion).

Notable performances.

Kevin Ellis and Ferguson completely bossed the middle of the pitch for the seniors. Karl Ingram did well for the Reserves at DC and was unlucky to concede an OG.

Buxton 0 Blyth 4.

Brendan Murphy (trialist winger).

Chris Walker (3) (hat-trick).

MOM. Chris Walker (FC) gets the MOM award to go with his match ball.

Notable performances.

Henry and Bo were immense at the back and Brett did well in the middle of the pitch after coming on as a sub.

Blyth 2 Cambridge City.

Kevin Ellis

Cardoza

MOM. Bo was a rock at the heart of the defence.

Notable performances.

Ferguson played really well in the middle of the pitch.

Blyth 1 A.Villa Reserves 2.

Brendan Murphy (trialist).

Notable performances.

None really. We were given a bit of a doing and only scored a late consolation.

Blyth 0 Wolves Reserves 0.

MOM. Bo grabbed his 3rd award of pre-season as he kept the Wolves at bay.

Notable performances.

Jake did well in the first half and his replacement Clements did well too.

Blyth 4 Blyth Reserves 1.

Chris Walker (FC) 2.

Jon Sayer (OG).

Clayton Mason.

MOM. Chris Walker grabbed his 3rs MOM award of pre-seaon and his 6th and 7th goals.

Notable performances.

Dawes had a great game at DR, Jake & McIntosh were both in fine form on the flanks & Ferguson a dominant force in midfield.

It's looking good for pre-season but we are short 1 SC, (and possibly 2) and we are still without an Ass Man.

I have to say Great work to both of you.

Ben: If you can keep that effort up we may be playing League Football next season which is an amazing effort. And 50 goals is just amazing, I'd be lucky to score that in a full season

Jimbo: The losses bit is a very scary feature when it is the only thing the board can hold against you. My current Jose RR's challenge game we are down to -1.4mil pounds, but I have spent 6 seasons building a team, in the process getting two lower league titles, and now fighting for Promotion to the top league, but the board is really worried about finances. I love the losses feature. Good work in the friendlies and you are definitely short at least a good striker.

The 4-4-2 tactic should be my one, I make sure to save the majority of tactics I use in there as that's what everyone did last year and it really helped when I was looking for something different. Otherwise, good luck with your season Jimbo :thup:

No. The only savd tactic in there at the moment is Canveys which is a bit of a shame, (Stig must have deleted the others). Oh well:(.

No. The only savd tactic in there at the moment is Canveys which is a bit of a shame, (Stig must have deleted the others). Oh well:(.

When I received the save, there were no tactics saved. So I created my own. ssestig used that (at least in part), but Paul didn't (as he went before me).

I used the same tactic home and away, but the tactic is just a base and based on the scouting reports I tweaked it to counter the opposition. It seemed to work as we dominated matches, but we simply couldn't score the goals.

Good luck with the season :thup:.

Kingstonian 2-1 Braintree

15.12.2012 - FA Trophy First Round

Overview + Match Stats

Ahhhh.

Oxford 0-0 Braintree

26.12.2012 - BSP

Overview + Match Stats

We played crap.

Braintree 2-2 Rotherham

29.12.2012 - BSP

Overview + Match Stats

Could've done with a win - Pierre with a trademark 35 yard screamer though. :cool:

Wayne Powell Wins Player of The Month

Lance Ferguson Wins Young Player of The Month

Pierre's 35 yard screamer wins Goal of The Month

Braintree 1-1 Ebbsfleet

01.01.2013 - BSP - FAN DAY

Overview + Match Stats

I don't know what's happening, but we can't seem to pick up a win.

Kidderminster 1-0 Braintree

05.01.2013 - BSP

Overview + Match Stats

Not a good couple of games for us, hope we can turn it around when I go back on the game.

Southport 0-2 Braintree

15.01.2012 - Conference League Cup Qtr Final

Overview + Match Stats

We seemed to come alive in extra time, bringing us closer to CLC glory.

Chester 1-1 Braintree

19.01.2013 - BSP

Overview + Match Stats

Still no win. We must pick it up if we're to challenge for that title.

Braintree 3-0 Grays

26.01.2013 - BSP

Overview + Match Stats

Back to winning ways, comfortably.

Archived