Is Football manager 2021 going to be on Google stadia?

3 hours ago, LadyInOrange said:

Hi!

I would like to know if Fm21 is going to be ok Stadia.

Thanks!

No one knows at the moment. Given that SI/SEGA haven't said yes or no yet, I'd imagine there's some negotiations going on about it, and we'll know once it's been decided.

Kind of off topic, but not entirely.

For those who play on Stadia - if you pay the £8.99 per month, does this give you access to all the games available on Stadia, or is there a set list of games you can play for this?  I've been looking at the Stadia site and am still unclear on this.

9 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Kind of off topic, but not entirely.

For those who play on Stadia - if you pay the £8.99 per month, does this give you access to all the games available on Stadia, or is there a set list of games you can play for this?  I've been looking at the Stadia site and am still unclear on this.

Stadia is a free platform, if you buy a game (Like Football Manager) you can play it for free on PC, ChromeCast Ultra and android phones (iOS soon too). 

Stadia Pro is for 4K and the monthly games which can be claimed. Not all games. Stadia Pro is basically like Playstation Plus and Games with Gold for Xbox. Completely optional. Football Manager is not included with Stadia Pro, you need to buy it.

59 minutes ago, Jonkar_ said:

Stadia is a free platform, if you buy a game (Like Football Manager) you can play it for free on PC, ChromeCast Ultra and android phones (iOS soon too). 

Stadia Pro is for 4K and the monthly games which can be claimed. Not all games. Stadia Pro is basically like Playstation Plus and Games with Gold for Xbox. Completely optional. Football Manager is not included with Stadia Pro, you need to buy it.

Ok thanks.

It was more for the other games on the service as I already own FM on Windows anyway - if the £8.99 includes all the games, then it makes it quite appealing.  As it is, I've finally managed to find a list of the games included and there's not enough there to entice me.   But thanks for answering, much appreciated.

38 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Ok thanks.

It was more for the other games on the service as I already own FM on Windows anyway - if the £8.99 includes all the games, then it makes it quite appealing.  As it is, I've finally managed to find a list of the games included and there's not enough there to entice me.   But thanks for answering, much appreciated.

You're welcome, best way to think of it, is a free console in the cloud.

8 minutes ago, Jonkar_ said:

You're welcome, best way to think of it, is a free console in the cloud.

Indeed!

Definitely seems like a good service - was just thinking of having something I could use when I'm away from my desktop PC and wanting to run games on my laptop.  GeForce Now is probably closer to what I want, but even that is missing a large portion of the games I'd want before I committed to it.

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Ok thanks.

Geforce now does that. You can play any game you own through it. Providing they are supported. (Alot of steam and epic store games are)

It's free with limitations if you wanted to try it, or £5 a month for the pro membership I think.

Sadly football manager isnt supported yet, simply because it's not been opted in. I have no idea why all game companies haven't allowed their games to be supported. They literally have nothing to lose and alot to gain.

8 minutes ago, trevjim said:

Geforce now does that. You can play any game you own through it. Providing they are supported. (Alot of steam and epic store games are)

It's free with limitations if you wanted to try it, or £5 a month for the pro membership I think.

Sadly football manager isnt supported yet, simply because it's not been opted in. I have no idea why all game companies haven't allowed their games to be supported. They literally have nothing to lose and alot to gain.

The main two I'd be interested in (FM21 and Train Simulator 2021) aren't in, which is a shame.  But may be worth it for when I want to play Cyberpunk 2077 or Watch Dogs Legion on my laptop if I'm away from my PC.  £5 is quite reasonable.

And one thing I have noticed is that Resident Evil 7, which was supported when it was in beta, is no longer on the supported games list, which seems a little odd!

In a similar boat. 

I don't have the patience to wait for my laptop to churn between games, not buying a gaming laptop, they are overpriced junk. 

Stadia would be the ideal option. 

Geforce now would be good. 

I would even subscribe to Shadow Tech but they have a 6 month waiting list. 

I was hoping to never buy another console or PC and hop aboard the streaming train, but it's very fragmented with no one service offering enough by itself. 

1 hour ago, trevjim said:

Probably because:

1) Potential exclusivity agreements with Stadia; and

2) Likely influenced by licensing agreements with music labels that provide music in the game, etc.

Those would be my guesses.

16 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

In a similar boat. 

I don't have the patience to wait for my laptop to churn between games, not buying a gaming laptop, they are overpriced junk. 

Stadia would be the ideal option. 

Geforce now would be good. 

I would even subscribe to Shadow Tech but they have a 6 month waiting list. 

I was hoping to never buy another console or PC and hop aboard the streaming train, but it's very fragmented with no one service offering enough by itself. 

I think between 2 and 5 years from now, Stadia will be getting all games being released on consoles as well. It's already picking up a lot, the amount of games added this month is pretty big. Especially considering December is usually a really slow month. It's recently been stated there are 400 games planned for 2021 and 2022 so far. That's an impressive number.

It makes it all the more sad that FM 2021 isn't on Stadia yet..

Edited by Jonkar_

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suspect the problem lies more with Stadia than SI.

Same issues with Madden & FIFA. Radio silence.

SI could be contractually bound to stay silent.

Whilst STADIA is technically good, they seem to be hamstrung by the fact that considerable development work is required for a game to work on Stadia (unlike GEForce now), this is compounded by atrocious communications.  

I suspect its coming, and coming soon. Time will tell.

10 hours ago, Andy1979 said:

Is it true i can get stadia to a smart tv?  If so can someone explain how I do it and can I link a keyboard and mouse?

I don't have Stadia myself, but apparently you can if you have Chromecast Ultra.

10 hours ago, Andy1979 said:

Is it true i can get stadia to a smart tv?  If so can someone explain how I do it and can I link a keyboard and mouse?

Yes , you can. You need a Chromecast ultra. No keyboard and mouse support on a TV currently.

Interestingly Stadia will be installed on LG TVs as standard soon and Google TV support is apparently coming soon.

On 26/01/2021 at 17:13, VMX said:

I think this has been managed very, very poorly by SI from a comms perspective.

FM20 was released on Stadia, so logically there are many users who expect to buy FM21 there again, or be explicitly told if it's delayed or discarded.

We're way past the 'delayed' part, but it's OK if the game can't come to Stadia in the end. These things can happen. It's also OK if work is still ongoing (e.g.: negotiations, technical issues, etc.) and can't be confirmed just yet. I think everybody can understand that.

But I think SI could've done a lot better than just saying "no news" in an obscure tweet months ago, then just radio silence.

Is it that difficult to write an official (maybe montly) update saying "We're still working with Google to bring the game to Stadia, but we can't guarantee it will make it yet. If it's finally cancelled, we'll let you know."?

That alone would've made a WORLD of difference to me, and I'm sure many others. At least we would know there's still a chance, and so there's something to wait for (even if it's a cancellation message!). Bonus points if they also explained whether it's about technical issues, commercial negotiations, whatever.

But the complete and total silence for months just makes it look like they don't care if customers are left wondering and confused, not knowing if they should wait or not. And of course some will give up and buy it on Steam... which they may regret if it ends up coming to Stadia. A 50€ mistake no less. But how could they know? For all we know, the Stadia version could've been cancelled since December! Hell, we don't even know if SI plans to issue any statement at all in case it's cancelled. Maybe they'll just remain silent until FM2022 is released?

The fact that they accidentally published the Stadia logo in the launch announcement, and then quietly removed it after people pointed it out, was just the icing on the cake. Like, "Yeah, we're actually reading all your messages and we know how angry and confused you all are about our lack of communication. Now let's just remove the logo without saying a word, confirming we're just ignoring you".

I respect SI immensely, I love their work and I know we're not entitled to anything. They don't owe us any explanations if they don't want to give them. I'm also aware that they're probably stuck between NDAs with Google and other parties, and it's sometimes better to err on the side of caution (been there too).

But I honestly think this could've been handled better.

I hope you don't take this as some random angry rant, but for what it actually is: some constructive criticism from a customer who actually thinks you're an awesome company 😉

Can't agree more! I am a loyal Football Manager customer for.. Wel about 15 years now. Made the switch to Stadia and am never going back as my PC can't run it nearly well enough as on Stadia.

But I feel let down. A lot. To the point I simply might not buy it anymore to be honest. In a few months, the football season is over after all.

14 hours ago, wazup said:

Yes , you can. You need a Chromecast ultra. No keyboard and mouse support on a TV currently.

Interestingly Stadia will be installed on LG TVs as standard soon and Google TV support is apparently coming soon.

Does it have to be a smart tv or will a normal HD TV do it. And has anyone played this way using the controller?

8 hours ago, Andy1979 said:

Does it have to be a smart tv or will a normal HD TV do it. And has anyone played this way using the controller?

As long as the TV has a HDMI port, you can plug in the ChromeCast ultra and you're set to go.

I played FM 2020 using a controller, it's doable. Keyboard and mouse remains best though.

One of the biggest benefits of FM 2020 on Stadia is being able to play on your phone though. I think I've never put this many hours in Football Manager ever, because whenever I had 20 spare minuten between things I would just play FM on my phone and get a match in.

Edit: Also, the downside of using Stadia is not being able to load custom databases and mods/skins.

Edited by Jonkar_

On 26/01/2021 at 16:13, VMX said:

FM20 was released on Stadia, so logically there are many users who expect to buy FM21 there again, or be explicitly told if it's delayed or discarded.

We're way past the 'delayed' part, but it's OK if the game can't come to Stadia in the end. These things can happen. It's also OK if work is still ongoing (e.g.: negotiations, technical issues, etc.) and can't be confirmed just yet. I think everybody can understand that.

But I think SI could've done a lot better than just saying "no news" in an obscure tweet months ago, then just radio silence.

Is it that difficult to write an official (maybe montly) update saying "We're still working with Google to bring the game to Stadia, but we can't guarantee it will make it yet. If it's finally cancelled, we'll let you know."?

That alone would've made a WORLD of difference to me, and I'm sure many others. At least we would know there's still a chance, and so there's something to wait for (even if it's a cancellation message!). Bonus points if they also explained whether it's about technical issues, commercial negotiations, whatever.

But the complete and total silence for months just makes it look like they don't care if customers are left wondering and confused, not knowing if they should wait or not. And of course some will give up and buy it on Steam... which they may regret if it ends up coming to Stadia. A 50€ mistake no less. But how could they know? For all we know, the Stadia version could've been cancelled since December! Hell, we don't even know if SI plans to issue any statement at all in case it's cancelled. Maybe they'll just remain silent until FM2022 is released?

The fact that they accidentally published the Stadia logo in the launch announcement, and then quietly removed it after people pointed it out, was just the icing on the cake. Like, "Yeah, we're actually reading all your messages and we know how angry and confused you all are about our lack of communication. Now let's just remove the logo without saying a word, confirming we're just ignoring you".

I respect SI immensely, I love their work and I know we're not entitled to anything. They don't owe us any explanations if they don't want to give them. I'm also aware that they're probably stuck between NDAs with Google and other parties, and it's sometimes better to err on the side of caution (been there too).

I hope you don't take this as some random angry rant, but for what it actually is: some constructive criticism from a customer who actually thinks you're an awesome company 😉

Great post. I had intended to get it on Stadia and held off buying it on Steam but caved a few weeks ago. Would have been nice to have had an update one way or another 

On 28/01/2021 at 22:04, Andy1979 said:

Any tv with a HDMI port. Yes, it isn't as good as a mouse but its better than nothing.

On 28/01/2021 at 22:22, Andy1979 said:

Also can I download skins,tactics,training, level 10 database?

No, you can't

Edited by wazup

On 26/01/2021 at 16:13, VMX said:

This post is 100% bang on. You have put in to words exactly what I’m thinking on all this.

I’ve lost a lot of respect for the company unfortunately. In fact if they released it tomorrow I’d likely not buy it now as don’t want to justify their poor handling of it.

Also (trying not to rant) surely they can comment on the removed logos? “We did plan to release it but haven’t been able to, that’s all we can say”, for instance. At least we’d know they intended to do so, rather than just kinda half guessing and wondering if the logos were left on from last year accidentally.

Final point from me; Sega announced they’re releasing a game on Stadia later this year (Judgement) so they are working with Google....just not for FM it seems. Joy!

Stadia closed its Game Development Studios and stopped developeing games:

Google stops Stadia game development and closes its studios | VentureBeat

Stadia’s days are numbered - YouTube

I expect them to shut down completely anytime soon as they missed their oportunity to gian marketshare and are outpaced by Lightyears from their competition who has hundreds to thousands of games available and dozens of millions of gamers compared to Stadias something 100k.

At this point in time do not waste any money at Stadia!

Edited by Etebaer

Hopefully it will come for Project Xcloud or goes on GEforce now. 

Given up on Stadia. 

Dont want a big PC, or a laptop. 

Only other option for me is something like a deskmini with a Ryzen APU. Will wait to see how the 5600g/5700g review. They will crush the processing and still offer the 3d match engine at medium settings with their on board graphics. Could be a great option for me.