Is Football manager 2021 going to be on Google stadia?

Me and me friends (all mac users) really really really enjoyed the Fm20 on stadia. 

Allowing us to have played careermode for season with 7 humans actively playing in the leagues. 

We would absolutely miss fm21 this upcoming year since our hardware is only capable of running the 2d classis mode with only A couple of actives countries and a lot of waiting. 

No stadia and Allowing GeforceNow would also be fine by the way. 

to circle back to your comment - Maybe Stadia is a complete washout for some - acctually most games. BUT FM is not one of them - i think i can say its one of the few titles acctually benefiting in stadia. 

we can only wait ......

13 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Speaking in a personal capacity, but isn't Stadia a complete washout?

It was a failure at the beginning but it is getting better and better. From a technical point of view, stadia worked very well from the start but there were only a few games. This has changed. Stadia gets new games every month. So I like it now. Google has also the money to wait for more Stadia users. So there is less financial pressure. It is a long term project. I guess Stadia will become successful. 

Goal com said that FM 2021 will be available on Stadia.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/football-manager-2021-release-date-new-features-price-full/kjo9qdbm750hzgvw076dx19s

Edited by Tom 99

On 18/11/2020 at 01:38, Rashidi said:

I don't think so. It had a rough start, but is improving rapidly. Today is it's first anniversary, while many people mentioned (not entirely serious) it would be dead by then. Instead, I personally enjoyed hundreds hours of FM 2020 on it and am currently playing AAA games since day 1 of release (AC Valhalla, Watch Dogs and soon Cyber Punk). So, the platforms fine. There's actually loads of people on the Stadia reddit on a daily basis saying how great it works for them, admitting they were bashing Stadia before trying it due to YouTube streamers trashing it and game media. The great thing: You can try it yourself instead of listening to me or anyone being negative about it.

Anyway, I really, really want FM 2021 on Stadia so badly. I don't have the hardware (And will never buy hardware for gaming ever again) for running FM 2021. 

But on the website, the Stadia logo is shown. Can you guys please confirm this wasn't a mistake??

3 hours ago, kerkie1 said:

Yeah suddenly they added the Stadia Logo ! YES! 
i think we can safely assume it will be releasing - most likely with the xbox title on dec1? 

Unlikely, since it isn't showing on the FM21 page: https://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-2021

I very much doubt that they'll be releasing it on Stadia with less than 2 weeks prior notice.

7 minutes ago, Bazac said:

I played a lot of FM20 on Stadia and the experience was very good. Shame you can’t crossplay with PC/Mac, though. 

Can't add graphics either can't you?

Edited by MT55

both true- but absolute best thing in regards to stadia is the fact it allows online competitions with friends really good - we played days and days during the pandemic in a stadia competition with 8 human players in the Premier League - Trust me - best seasons of FM i've played in 23 years. 

Playing full blown career with so many dedicated people adds an dynamic to the game that is just Awesome. 

20 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Unlikely, since it isn't showing on the FM21 page: https://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-2021

I very much doubt that they'll be releasing it on Stadia with less than 2 weeks prior notice.

And now, I am very sure it is.

Football Manager 2021 got rated on the USK age ratings site. This is 99% of the time an indicator a release is imminent.

Also, while it's a bummer you can't use add-ons for now (Google is working on enabling it), the computing power more than makes up for it. I played FM 2020 with every single league on, and it played faster than my PC ever did with 5 or 6 leagues on. For real.

There's this FM youtuber which has been saying it's slow on Stadia but he based that on the fact he was on the game setup screen, checked up all leagues, saw 2 stars (or something) and then quit. I can confirm that if you just start a game then, the game is insanely fast thanks to cloud computing. Not to mention I spent hours playing the game on my phone whenever I had 20 minutes to spare. I'm never going back to playing it on a PC. So am really thrilled it is coming to Stadia.

I've spotted the new USK rating for the game on Stadia, so yea, it'll either be on Stadia, or they're doing it pre-emptively in case they make the agreement to put it on Stadia. I'd still maintain that they're unlikely to release it on Stadia with less than 2 weeks of prior notice and advertising, because it'd be better to make it well known it's coming out on Stadia from a commercial perspective, rather than just upload it with only a tweet to show for it.

19 hours ago, kerkie1 said:

both true- but absolute best thing in regards to stadia is the fact it allows online competitions with friends really good - we played days and days during the pandemic in a stadia competition with 8 human players in the Premier League - Trust me - best seasons of FM i've played in 23 years. 

Playing full blown career with so many dedicated people adds an dynamic to the game that is just Awesome. 

I used to be part of the euc clan for about 6 years playing every Sunday and bonus sessions through the week. There was about 8 of us all dedicated and it was great. The best way to play fm imo. The guy who ran it davie just had enough and stopped doing it. We used to have headsets and talk via Skype having great banter doing bets and so on. Made some good friends who I still talk to now and then. 

On 20/11/2020 at 12:22, JordanMillward_1 said:

I've spotted the new USK rating for the game on Stadia, so yea, it'll either be on Stadia, or they're doing it pre-emptively in case they make the agreement to put it on Stadia. I'd still maintain that they're unlikely to release it on Stadia with less than 2 weeks of prior notice and advertising, because it'd be better to make it well known it's coming out on Stadia from a commercial perspective, rather than just upload it with only a tweet to show for it.

Very true, but that's not how Google does things apparently. Half the games don't get anounced and are just there.

Case in point: This month has seen Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Little Big Workshop, Ary and the Secret Seasons, Far Cry 5 and Far Cry: New Dawn released out of the blue without a release date before that.

They have a tendency to 'just' release games and not anounce them. It happens almost every week.

But I personally doubt it's coming this week though. I expect it in a few weeks. 

Google Stadia my experience

The good:

I’m playing the full version of FM20 with smooth 3D graphics on a unsupported 5 year old Android tablet (have to use PlayStation controller as Android stadia app doesn’t support mouse and keyboard and playing through chrome doesn’t work). 

I’m able to load a decent amount of leagues. 

The Bad

sometimes there are blurry graphics. Even though I have 100Mbps super fast broadband this still happens on occasion. 

no mods ie logos and face packs 

I had to pay full price for the game

conclusion: 

stadia is great for FM but it’s preferable to play on a laptop or computer which direct Ethernet connection. Even a cheap laptop would be fine. 
It’s giving me my FM fix on the tablet but playing with a controller is horrible. The fact it’s on a tablet though that isn’t even capable of running the touch version is impressive. So it’s a good option until I pick up a laptop. 
but I miss Steam and logo packs so will get back to playing FM on a capable laptop/pc at the earliest opportunity. 

Just now, Tom 99 said:

You can buy the In-Game Editor on Stadia for 4.49 Euro.

That only edits the save once it's started, and can't make new leagues, etc. You can't use the pregame editor or editor files on Stadia.

Just been reading these comments. I’m also putting my hand up to say I’m having an amazing experience playing FM20 on stadia. My old laptop could no way run it anywhere near as good as it is.

But....the Stadia logo has been removed from the football manager website. Happened not long after posts went round Twitter having spotted it.

Fingers crossed it does release but the radio silence is a bit odd. I’m sure there’s good reason though (NDA perhaps)

On 17/11/2020 at 19:38, Rashidi said:

I quickly refunded FM on Stadia and bought it on PC, but have enjoyed playing Assassins Creed, RDR2, Avengers, and some other games on the service.

On 18/11/2020 at 00:38, Rashidi said:

No,  it is new technology which is getting better all of the time. Football manager 20 was great on it for me. 

22 minutes ago, wazup said:

Any kind of update from sigames, Sega or Miles would be greatly appreciated. The silence is very annoying 

This really. Full game is out on pc, and I still don’t know whether to buy it or wait for stadia....  

I loved Stadia for FM20.

Yeah you can't add logo packs or databases but I could play at levels of detail I never had before.

My PC wouldn't even handle all leagues in England very well, so to be able to add pretty much the whole world and play it faster that I'd ever experienced was amazing.

Plus the cross play devices - taking my tablet out of my bag and picking up my save anywhere. Hell even my phone sometimes. And not some slimmed down mobile friendly. Full FM. On my tablet.

Stadia is great for people who maybe can't afford a new PC or want to play quicker and less often.

For me personally, it helped me get back into FM - after a few financially uncertain years and my first born, touch seemed to be my only option.

Stadia changed all that

9 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Not possible, I believe.

Many Stadia games support cross-play and cross-save across PC, Xbox and/or PlayStation.

On the other hand, FM saves on the PC version can be easily moved between PCs or synced to Steam Cloud. The full save and any custom databases that you've added at the beginning are all self-contained inside the .fm file that is created when you save the game, and you can store that file on a pendrive, or upload it to OneDrive/Google Drive, and load it from any other PC with FM installed. You don't need to install the custom database in the second PC - everything is already part of your save inside the .fm file.

That's why I was really disappointed to learn that you couldn't cross-save between PC & Stadia, and that's the only reason why I didn't buy the game on Stadia.

As far as I know, the only reason why cross-save might not be possible between them would be if Stadia savegames simply aren't compatible with those of the PC version. Maybe the databases are slightly different, maybe the data is stored in a different way... I don't know. But I really think SI should do everything they can to support cross-save and cross-play across Stadia and PC.

In my case, I'd love to play the game on Stadia because my ultrabook struggles with the match engine (heats up, chews through battery). But I can't completely give up the Steam version because I often play on trains, planes or other places where I don't have a stable internet connection. Cross-save would provide the best experience while also allowing us to use custom databases... best of both worlds. It would be an instant buy for me if that happens.

Then again, it's Nov 24th, the game has been fully released on PC already, and we don't even know if it will be released on Stadia at all, so...

I know SI do this every year, but I really don't like it when companies try to get people to buy or pre-order their games without providing enough information to make an informed decision. Preorders for FM start BEFORE they even announce ANY features about the game or release any in-game footage. They basically ask you to preorder the game blindly. Now the PC version is released, but we don't even know if it will be on Stadia, let alone if we'll be able to cross-play with PC. These are all important factors to make an informed purchase decision.

I know this year has been crazy for everyone, but I really think they should try and make an effort to be a bit more transparent from next year onwards on this kind of topics.

34 minutes ago, VMX said:

Many Stadia games support cross-play and cross-save across PC, Xbox and/or PlayStation.

I understand that, I was purely stating for the purposes of FM, per last year's release, there wasn't cross platform and cross save capability, and if the game does come out on Stadia, I wouldn't assume those would be added.

That might have changed, given the changes to the networking to allow Steam and Epic versions of the game to connect to each other, but it likely depends on what the take-up on Stadia for FM was as to whether it's financially worth it to SI/Sega to port the game to that platform.

For anyone wanting FM 21 on Stadia, I would appreciate them taking a look at the dedicated bug section.
And frankly, in the midst of all the controversy I've read about the match engine or any other flaw of FM 20, without going into the merits, I was wondering what we Stadia users could say who at any moment were not in able to save our games, after hours and hours of immersion in the game.

I don't know if it will be released on Stadia, I can say that to date no one (neither Google, nor SI) has managed to solve that existing defect.
Many people more experienced than me on the matter, believed that the release of the game on Stadia should be subject to a greater raiting than the one assigned, last year, to FM.

As far as I'm concerned, the reputational damage suffered by SI I believe was far greater than any benefit.
Furthermore, I would have appreciated the apology of SI to all users who, after investing a lot of money between Stadia and the purchase of the game, found themselves in this absurd situation. I personally don't care about other games.
I hope the entire Football Manager community stands in solidarity, never allowing, on whatever platform the game will be released, that what happened last year can happen again.

For some FM it is a game, for me it is important as a faith.

34 minutes ago, Lou said:

For anyone wanting FM 21 on Stadia, I would appreciate them taking a look at the dedicated bug section.
And frankly, in the midst of all the controversy I've read about the match engine or any other flaw of FM 20, without going into the merits, I was wondering what we Stadia users could say who at any moment were not in able to save our games, after hours and hours of immersion in the game.

I don't know if it will be released on Stadia, I can say that to date no one (neither Google, nor SI) has managed to solve that existing defect.
Many people more experienced than me on the matter, believed that the release of the game on Stadia should be subject to a greater raiting than the one assigned, last year, to FM.

As far as I'm concerned, the reputational damage suffered by SI I believe was far greater than any benefit.
Furthermore, I would have appreciated the apology of SI to all users who, after investing a lot of money between Stadia and the purchase of the game, found themselves in this absurd situation. I personally don't care about other games.
I hope the entire Football Manager community stands in solidarity, never allowing, on whatever platform the game will be released, that what happened last year can happen again.

For some FM it is a game, for me it is important as a faith.

Agreed, I would like an update on save games on Stadia too.

Apart from that, I will buy FM 2021 on Stadia (And only on Stadia, no PC) regardless. But this time, if the save game bug is there, I will ask for a refund. I didn't for FM 2020 and coped with it so far. But you are entirely correct.

Yeah, I 

1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I understand that, I was purely stating for the purposes of FM, per last year's release, there wasn't cross platform and cross save capability, and if the game does come out on Stadia, I wouldn't assume those would be added.

That might have changed, given the changes to the networking to allow Steam and Epic versions of the game to connect to each other, but it likely depends on what the take-up on Stadia for FM was as to whether it's financially worth it to SI/Sega to port the game to that platform.

I know I know.

It's just that, assuming the savegames are fully compatible between Stadia and the regular PC version (which might be wrong of course), I struggle to see the complexity.

For one, you can just go here and access all your Steam Cloud saves from any web browser. Is it really that difficult to allow Stadia users to sign-in to Steam so they can load and save their existing FM saves in there?

On the other hand, assuming that is somehow not possible, I refuse to believe that 3 companies with the combined resources of Google, SI and Steam can't find any way to solve a problem that I could work around using a 5€ pendrive or my free Google Drive storage, if they just allowed me to upload files to Stadia.

Again, maybe the Stadia saves are simply not compatible with the PC version (just like the ones from the Touch version aren't). But my understanding was that the Stadia version is essentially the PC version, and that databases are the same.

Would've loved to hear an explanation from SI on this as well so I didn't have to guess... but this is another topic where they've always remained silent so far.

Edited by VMX

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Tom 99 said:

Has anybody new information about FM 21 and Stadia? It is so silent.

Miles has been replying to people asking on Twitter, but he’s just linking to a post from a week or so back where he basically says “we’re not commenting as we have no updates”.

So god knows!

On 05/12/2020 at 23:10, Pezamaria said:

Miles has been replying to people asking on Twitter, but he’s just linking to a post from a week or so back where he basically says “we’re not commenting as we have no updates”.

So god knows!

I dont think it will happen this year. It would have happened by now 

On 06/12/2020 at 23:21, oche balboa said:

I dont think it will happen this year. It would have happened by now 

It would be good if they did geforce now. They literally just have to opt in and it would be there instantly. They have nothing to lose either, as you have to own the game on steam or epic to play it, it just opens up the door to a bigger player base and more opportunities to play it on the move