Goals from Throw-ins

1 minute ago, Louisking1992 said:

Seeing loads of goals that start from a throw-in, simple one-two with a player and cross into the box often leads to a goal as the defending team struggles to deal with it and the marking is poor. 

Minute 98:00 (last goal) 

Atalanta v Milan.pkm 241.54 kB · 0 downloads

Minute: 31:23 

opposition have a throw in and we counter and score. 

Perhaps there is indeed an issue here. The following odditity (my CD scoring a hattrick(!) with converting long-throws assists + a 4th goal gotting disallowed because of handballing) occured under pretty good circumstances (the throw in-taker has a Long-Throw-In ability of 19 + the PPM, 2 of the 3 goals where scored with the opponent one man down and the opposition goalkeeper might be just bad in that regard), but on the other hand all I did for it was setting the throw-in routine to long and placing two tall players on the near post... 

CD3Goals.jpg.9f187215e1c79a287006ca90ffb0b58f.jpg

Gloucester City – FC Southport.pkm

On 19/11/2020 at 10:31, Jemal Wiseman said:

Thank you both for getting in touch.

Long throw-ins are something we are very aware of and with our developers right now.

Regarding the the other issue, we will review those PKMs today. 

Thanks!

Any updates on this @Jemal Wiseman as im still seeing tons of goals coming from throw-ins second play

18th Minute (oppositions  goal) 

An attack starts from a throw-in, please see my right back and RCB both stand on top of each other, basically marking instead instead of pushing out and marking the opposition.

This is yet again a problem that i have been reporting for years now, defending players do not re-organise themselves quick enough after a set-piece. 

Villarreal v Badalona.pkm

48th Min - goal from throw in

51:44 - goal from throw in

89.48 - goal from throw in

Please note these are NOT long throw goals, these goals are all coming from the same method, throw-in > one-two > cross > goal 

defending is shocking in general on the game, but some how they actually get worse on set pieces. 

@CJ Ramson

Badalona v Real Betis.pkm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty much every thing about throw inns is broken, and i dont think they are able to fix, because otherwise they would surely has fixed by now. since it been a problem throughout the whole of fm 20 as well

maybe they have to change the whole match engine, to make players follow simple throin instructions

• 2 weeks later...

This bug have been under review now, for 2,5 mounth, and still no reply from SI, on whether this is something they deem as a bug.

So can we expect any sort of reply on these reports, or are you just gonna mark it as under review, just to ignore it for 2,5 mounths, and do nothing about it ?

Throw In > One-two > cross into the back post > goal

FM 21 as we know and love it..... mean while, my players refuse to follow my attacking throw in instructions

Extremy frustrating to see this over and over again, without any influence on how you players set uo their defending. We can do not about it, than just watch the AI create chance after chance from simple throw ins

Skærmbillede 2021-02-02 17.57.53.png

Skærmbillede 2021-02-02 17.57.56.png

Skærmbillede 2021-02-02 17.57.58.png

Skærmbillede 2021-02-02 17.58.03.png

one-two + cross to back post = goals at min 78,53.pkm

Edited by Hallothere

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

There are no plans for any further updates for FM21, but as stated elsewhere, all threads and posts on these bugs forums are checked and will be used to help us plan for future versions. 

Thanks. 

On 04/01/2021 at 17:47, CJ Ramson said:

Thanks for all the PKMs and extra screenshots

We will take a further look into defensive positioning from throw ins

Any news on this because Im seeing 4-6 times a game where my players throw the ball directly to the opposition, when the opposition never throw the ball to me from throw-ins... 6 months since I reported this and there has been zero sign of improvement. Poor. 

On 06/04/2021 at 13:20, Neil Brock said:

There are no plans for any further updates for FM21, but as stated elsewhere, all threads and posts on these bugs forums are checked and will be used to help us plan for future versions. 

Thanks. 

6 months ago I reported this, I find it extremely poor how its not been dealt with and the problems still occur in every single game. 

On 08/04/2021 at 13:51, Louisking1992 said:

Any news on this because Im seeing 4-6 times a game where my players throw the ball directly to the opposition, when the opposition never throw the ball to me from throw-ins... 6 months since I reported this and there has been zero sign of improvement. Poor. 

The throw in set ups are ignored and then you constantly concede from your own attacking throws

I leave 5 at the bag just too stop the break but the game ignores my tactics My DM and RB are meant to stay back but my DM goes short for the throw leaving NO out ball and no protection for the break he goes on to lose the ball and they score

20210409190708_1.jpg

20210409191537_1.jpg

Then you'll have people telling you its your tactics