Cannot change nationality name

Shenmue-X

For some nations, I'm trying to add alternative nationality names for languages which have gender and number in core grammar.

But FM editor automatically cancel my actions.

If I look at the "Changes" panel, I read "No" in Success column.

Edited by Shenmue-X

Since it's a hidden area in English FM Editor, you must enable the right language to display the panel. In French, the panel is named "Autres noms possibles"

What I'm trying to do as example:

20201116230945_1.thumb.jpg.d73d56d9e86ccaf0195f0ea2bd53c7cc.jpg

I'm free to add as much lines as I want, I can type in the boxes but if I validate (by leaving the box or make active another box), FM Editor is freezing over some seconds then erase what I just wrote.

Here is the Changes panel:

20201117060114_1.thumb.jpg.fb8b87b314a23dabfb97195b0f33aae2.jpg

What's nation XML?

As the screenshot shows, the only changes I made was adding an entry (new blank line with name, type, gender) and entering a value ("groenlandais") in the "Autres noms possibles" panel in FM Editor.

Edited by Shenmue-X

Ah....

The funny thing is, I always work in the English language and the option to add other names isn't an option in English. That's why I thought it was added via an edit in the comps editor.

Kinda funny, I just found out it is possible in Dutch (I am Dutch), but never saw it because of my preference for English :D

I think this is something that accidentally has been left open while it isn't meant to be used. They checked for English, saw it was OK and didn't realise that it was Language dependent (probably) and forgot to check for other languages as well.

So it is a bug rather than a feature.

If only something could be done with comps editor file...

Actually, if the line is there by default (like the 4 lines of Kiribati nation), you can edit them with no problem. But you can't add new line.

In some weeks, I might try the formula I found in old lnc files:

"PERSON_SECOND_NAME_END_CHANGE" "GREEK"    "αρ" 2 "αρα"
"PERSON_SECOND_NAME_END_CHANGE" "GREEK"    "αρ" 3 "αρα"

But I've little hope.

• 2 months later...

Found the solution.

1) Look at one nation who has nationality name genders by default. Go to the gender page.

2) App top bar> Edit > Copy

3) Go to the nation you want to edit. Go to the gender page then paste.

1 minute ago, Monsi9958 said:

Merci / Thank you Shenmue-X !

Merci à toi. L'ironie du hasard est que j'ai justement trouvé cette soluce en manipulant l'éditeur sur tes mods iles normandes (j'avais copié collé jersiais)

Thank to YOU. The irony of fate is that I found the solution by exploring your Normand Island mod (I copy pasted jersiais) 

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but your solution helped me a great deal in FM23 editor for our FSF community database, so I wanted to thank you for that.

I wasn't aware of this copy/paste in top bar trick, and it even works after loading a different fmf file ! Neat !

---

Je sais que c'est un vieux sujet, mais ta solution m'a beaucoup aidé dans l'éditeur de FM23 pour notre db communautaire à la FSF alors je voulais te remercier.

Je ne connaissais pas ce truc du copier/coller depuis la barre du haut et ça marche même après avoir chargé un fmf différent ! C'est propre !