DXGI Crash "Device Hung" occurring similar to last years FM.

I recently did some updates for windows. At the moment it has been a little while since I had a crash last. Mostly I think that might be down to never leaving it running unless I'm actively at the screen? I don't know if that has an effect on the crash but so far it's not crashed in the last two days. 

I've been having this same issue so thought it better to post in here rather than start a new thread.

The issue first came up in about June when playing FM20 and has happened pretty consistently since, I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers numerous times since (I last did it last night) but the problem has always reoccurred within a few days at most; my laptop and Windows are fully up to date. I find that when I first load the game up it runs really smoothly (graphics preference set to medium which is recommended for my laptop) before crashing at some point during the first 3 matches I play - there's never any issue in any other screen only matches which I play in 3D Data Analyst. When this happens I restart my laptop and generally speaking the issue doesn't re-appear until I've shut down and come back to play again at another time, though the animations in the matches are a bit more jagged than usual - not unplayably so, but it's definitely noticeable. The dumps don't happen if I play in very low graphics mode but I'd prefer not to do this if possible. I don't really use the laptop for gaming other than FM, but I do have another couple saved which don't give me any issues at all which makes me think it's game specific rather than a problem with my machine. As mentioned I can still play the game so if it's just one of those things then so be it but obviously it would be great not to have to work around it if there is a way of fixing it.

I've attached the most recent crash dump file and the DxDiag but let me know if there's any more info I can provide. Thanks.

FM 2021 v21.0.0.1476964 (2020.11.20 20.09.43).dmp 

Robokid87 DxDiag.txt

• 2 weeks later...

From our investigations it appears this is related to a system issue whereby the system 'downgrades' what it thinks the game needs in terms of GPU support so switches from the dedicated (normally an Nvidia or AMD) GPU back to the integrated one (Intel). Then when it comes to realising it needs extra power and tries to switch back, it falls over with the crash you're seeing.

Would be worth setting up FM to always run from the dedicated card via the Nvidia control panel as shown here - https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/force-app-to-use-dedicated-gpu-windows/

Let us know if it helps.