Brexit rules - homenations not England

Aware theres a brexit thread already but a read through seems to focus mostly on England and work permit situations. 

Here I want to focus on the other home nations and the current in-game brexit rules. As the rules up to now have been different. 

I will speak specific for Scotland, and hope others can shed some light on Northern Ireland and Wales where im less clued. 

In the current brexit scenario in game the SPFL Premiership turns to same rules as the English Premiership, bringing in a 17 foreigner rule, and work permits. SPFL to pass this would need backing from the clubs, change in Scottish game is currently near impossible, to give an idea 11 of the 12 clubs would have to vote in support of this, is that likely top happen before January and what chances are such a big rule changes mid season? That in itself I think would cause a block in the votes. 

The second issue of this is the work permit system turns to exact same as our English counter parts. Work Permits in Scotland have been different for years, just to clarify very few if any player in Scotland currently working with a Work Permit, or EU national would pass the FA work permit system - Morelos being the most high profile with one, Edouard also would fail English work permit system when he joined Celtic. This one is a little harder because there no upto date information I can find on it and was an attempt from home office to give these powers to the FA which the SFA, Welsh and Northern Irish counter parts (as well as the premier league) all opposed. I haven't been able to find the outcome of this so maybe somebody can help, but this no only means in Scotland we gain harder to gain work permits that no player in the country would be able to get we lose the appeal system which is the main route for getting work permits on any reason in Scotland. 

The third issue is the "overseas" rule. This relates to players under age of 18 moving abroad technically a Scottish player moving to England and visa versa isn't overseas, but it counts under Fifa ruling. We've seen it in recent years with Rangers to use an example signing Rossiter, Windass and Aribo on what their clubs called cut price deals on the overseas ruling. This same ruling prevents under 18s moving countries, which was overruled in EU rules which would no longer apply. These rules are not applicable in game and would prevent in real life transfers of someone like Billy Gilmour happening. 

I have reported some of this in the bugs form but from reply from the nice fella who replied is suspect its working as intended which would not effect real life situations

The current rules for work permits, transfers, etc, are on the Scottish FA website: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7038/uk-border-agency-gbe-requirements-men.pdf

In Scotland, for a player to get a work permit, they must:

1) Only play in the Scottish professional leagues;

2) Have played at least 75% of senior international team matches; and

3) Must play in a national team that's in the top 70 FIFA World rankings

From what the rules say, it is the Scottish FA that has jurisdiction over providing certification for a work permit to be authorised by the Home Office, not the SPFL.

7 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

The current rules for work permits, transfers, etc, are on the Scottish FA website: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7038/uk-border-agency-gbe-requirements-men.pdf

In Scotland, for a player to get a work permit, they must:

1) Only play in the Scottish professional leagues;

2) Have played at least 75% of senior international team matches; and

3) Must play in a national team that's in the top 70 FIFA World rankings

From what the rules say, it is the Scottish FA that has jurisdiction over providing certification for a work permit to be authorised by the Home Office, not the SPFL.

Yeah then after that we have appeals, which is how Rangers got Morelos - and Hearts got the Japanese lad from City on loan last season. Where other things are considered. Commerical or future ability or impact on scottish game. You are correct this is SFA run, the SPFL is mentioned in OP due to the squad registration which would be with them.