Dynamic salary cap increases for growing leagues

B A R T

I briefly started a save as the manager of Atletico Ottawa in the newly formed Canadian Premier League, but the reality is, there's no reason to continue with them past the first 2 years or so as the salary cap stays the same forever (seemingly) and 11.7k a week is not enough to truly grow the league. A system where the cap is raised every few years based on reputation of the clubs, the league and performance in the Canadian cup or the concacaf league would be good

On 16/11/2020 at 14:16, B A R T said:

I briefly started a save as the manager of Atletico Ottawa in the newly formed Canadian Premier League, but the reality is, there's no reason to continue with them past the first 2 years or so as the salary cap stays the same forever (seemingly) and 11.7k a week is not enough to truly grow the league. A system where the cap is raised every few years based on reputation of the clubs, the league and performance in the Canadian cup or the concacaf league would be good

I would disagree there is no point in a long term save, I would say it makes it more interesting having such restrictions, this is why I tend to only play in the MLS if I play FM. 

Does the CPL actually increase the salary cap each season, looking at info available it is set in stone it seems? So once you start winning and getting more exposure it's only normal you better players will want to leave for bigger leagues. 

One of my favourite saves was on FM 12 with Toronto FC. I turned them into one of the top MLS teams but player turn over and demands were hard to manage but that made it more interesting. 

• 2 months later...