Finding the best role for Jack Grealish

So I'm in the process of building out a Villa recreation that's finally starting to get somewhere, but I can;t for the life of me work out what Jack's best role would be. Of course that somewhat makes sense, given that in real life he doesn't fit into any kind of mould, but I just can't seem to recreate him living in the half space, attracting the ball and dribbling. 

For me there seems to be three options:

1 - Advanced Playmaker (S / A) - The description of the Attack duty (picks ball up deep and runs at defences) seems to make a lot of sense, as does the fact it's a playmaker role so will attract the ball and defenders, but I find the role cuts infield too much and moves laterally, rather than living in the half space on the left. Possible solution - play wider. 

2 - IW (s) - A quasi playmaking role and half space role, seems to replicate Jack's positioning, and a few PI changes can make it more playmaker-y. But it is not a ball magnet. 

3 - IF (S) - I've never used this role before but on the surface it seems to be another halfspace role that could be a fit, only more direct than the IW.

I've tried them all, and a stint as a Treq. But I just can't seem to find what best suits Jack's playstyle. I'll keep experimenting but would love to hear the thoughts o the tactical hivemind! 

You'll be able to find the "best role" for Jack (or anyone else) once you understand that there is no such thing as "best role" in FM, i.e. that a number of roles can be "the best" as long as they fit into a tactic as a whole. 

Jack can play any of the roles you've tried him in. The problem is that you are viewing him and his "best" role in isolation. If you change your approach, you'll easily find the (best) way to employ him successfully ;)

29 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

You'll be able to find the "best role" for Jack (or anyone else) once you understand that there is no such thing as "best role" in FM, i.e. that a number of roles can be "the best" as long as they fit into a tactic as a whole. 

Jack can play any of the roles you've tried him in. The problem is that you are viewing him and his "best" role in isolation. If you change your approach, you'll easily find the (best) way to employ him successfully ;)

Agreed and that makes complete sense. I guess I"m not asking for his "best" role as asuch, but the role that most represents how he plays in real life.